BLUE Team

Options

Replies

• phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    I was waiting for everyone to post before announcing any winners.... but maybe everyone who wants to did. I will give them one more day. I think our group did great with checking in, setting some goals, some weight lost, some weight maintained. It is a journey.... and every step along the way teaches us something we can use!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Back on track with eating after waaaay to much sugar this weekend. Is anyone interested in doing a challenge of no added sugars for a week for one of our challenges?

YES!!!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Astraea05 wrote: »
    Exercise minutes for me were more than usual. I was trying out the Pacer app. lol
    Last week 286 min This week Target 321. I seriously hate to say my left ankle has been bothering me a little. Funny thing is that it hurts when I walk on it first thing in the morning but seems to get better during the day but tonight is pretty swollen. So I may just try to stretch it tonight and put it up. Will try to get some min in tomorrow!

Give your ankle some rest and don't forget to ice it!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Good morning all! Yesterday was a good day for me; ate within my calories and lots of good healthy foods plus I got in 4 miles of walking and 5 miles of biking. I'm slowly building up and regaining some lost leg muscle! It was hard last night plus there was a strong wind I somehow kept running into! But after a couple of weeks I'll put the heavy bike away and get my fast light one out! I've wore my heart rate monitor biking in the past and boy does it burn calories! I'm so pumped to actually burn mega calories!! Busy day here for me this morning (3 meetings) but hope you all have a great day!!!
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! I did pretty good yesterday with getting in some spinning and staying in my calories. I am trying SO hard not to get frustrated! UGH! I am at that weight where my body will not budge. I meant will not budge. I tend to go right back up to 173... sometimes it seems like overnight too! I just keep telling myself to keep doing what I am doing!

I have the issue with my piriformus muscle... it really hurts some days! I am trying to figure it out. I am starting to learn how to spin (standing climbs are killer!) and I also added PiYo for strength and flexibility... this o' gal needs it!.... it seems between these two my back is on fire. I have trouble just standing because it hurts so much. This week I am going to only spin. I need to figure out if it is the spinning or if it is the PiYo that is making the piriformus "angry". I know this truly sucks. I am worried it is the spinning. *sigh* And I just found a new passion too.

Well this is the make or break week! I am seriously grunting and puffing my way down to 166. I seem to get stuck at 167... always. I am going to keep on my calories, and keep on with spinning. So far my back/piri are doing okay with yesterday's spinning. I guess I will know soon enough if this is another exercise I can't do. *face palm*

Keep on Moving everyone! Go Blue!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    coopscoopc wrote: »

I have the issue with my piriformus muscle... it really hurts some days!

I do too and super stiff some days. I have a bulged L5 and sciatic issues but have learned a few good stretches that help with the prirformis muscle. It's hard to verbalize how to do the stretches so I'll see if I can find something on line (after my meetings this morning!)
  • Astraea05
    Astraea05 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am really seeing how important stretching is. I am not really sure when my heel started bothering me just kind of gradual. I took some time Sunday and did quite a bit of stretching exercises. Seems like I like to jump into things and don't always do the best stretching when I am done either. Today I did a 3mile walk with Leslie Sansone .. volume down.. that was really different lol. Then I took a walk this evening. Weather was actually nice today and most of the snow has melted this week. Yay! Got in about 65 min today did not get any exercise time in Monday. Really enjoying this challenge and hearing from all of you! Go Blue!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Today is going to be a super busy day at work - but wanted to say Good Morning and have a great OP day!!! :)
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »

I do too and super stiff some days. I have a bulged L5 and sciatic issues but have learned a few good stretches that help with the prirformis muscle. It's hard to verbalize how to do the stretches so I'll see if I can find something on line (after my meetings this morning!)

I went to Physical Therapy and it really gave me some much needed relief. She gave me some great home therapy stretches. I am making it a habit to do these every day! There is the Gluteal Stretch? Cross your legs, pull back, helps with ham string. then pelvic tilt, the crunches are more like suck your tummy in and push against the floor, hold for 3 seconds. I am also incorporating planks and side planks. I also became Dr. Google and printed some more basic core work.

Last night I did the Angry Bird workout, basically all body resistance training, plus my exercises and this morning we are feeling pretty good! But I know this. I cannot do PiYo, Pilates, Yoga, or the elliptical... all of these fire up my piriformus big time. I just have to be patient with myself. It will happen as long as I stick to this for a very long time. :\
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am so uber excited! It is spin day! Toot toot! I know crazy right? lol I am soooo pushing for a 2 pound loss this sunday! But since I am a shortie at 5' it is like a freaking miracle for me to lose 2 pounds consistently every week. UGH! ( she whined ) B)

I had a great body resistance work out last night. Only 30 minutes. But I can feel it in the tri ceps today. Level 1 push ups = 40. Took me 3 sets. *sigh* but I smoked the squats on the first set. Sweet!

I am slammed at work today, but wanted to pop in and say:
    Keep up the Good Work everyone! Go Blue!!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »

I have the issue with my piriformus muscle... it really hurts some days!

I have had some piriformis issues too and found that stretching is key... maybe more than any other injury. Coopscoopc, based on the function of the piriformis (outward thigh rotation), I am hopeful that basic spin is not causing you issues. The standing portions might be putting a strain on it though, as that engages more of your "backside."
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    I am so glad I checked the message boards today. You all are doing such a great job, it is really inspiring me to work hard to stay on plan!! :D

I may have pushed my hamstring too much on Monday, but I am not going to let that stop me from doing what I can and eating well!.I am going to do strength training today and go from there.

Go Blue!!!!!!!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Ha Ha love the term Dr. Google! I actually did that myself for my heel and found a way to tape it. That seemed to help! Hope the stretches help with the priformis muscle everyone. Take care of that hamstring Amy! I started the day stretching and then just took a 20 min walk. I seriously over ate today will have to be better tomorrow. Have a long day tomorrow and have my lunch packed so should be good! Not sure why I have been eating so much this week need to get that in check ASAP!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Sara, nicely done, planning for your day by packing your lunch. I knew my eyes were getting bad, but geez....I had to enlarge the screen to read your new icon! LOL. No eating horses allowed. ;)
  • coopscoopc
    Options
    Hamstring injuries are the worse! I have a real tight hammie and I feel like I still baby it after all these years. *sigh* I do make sure I do a good warm up before I stretch that area... I keep telling myself, If I keep up with the stretching some day I might just be flexible again! lol

As I have gotten older I can't read a prescription bottle to save my life! I see better than 20/20 because of lasik, but it still doesn't help with the "age" of my eyes. Jeesh! I have cheaters everywhere! And I mean every where! in the kitchen, on the coffee table, in the bathroom, on my armoir, by the bed, I even have a pair for the garage!

I took yesterday off so today i am going to do an endurance spin class then I am going to do my strength work out. I just hope no one else will be in the facility when I go. I don't like to huff and puff in front of others. B)
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Melissa, it sounds like you have a great workout plan today. Hope you have fun with it. All this talk of spin makes we want to try it again! I am thinking that if I don't stand out of the saddle, my hammy will be ok. Maybe not as fun, but still fun! I may not so much huff and puff, but I sweat all over. Like a dripping mess. Salt stains all over my treadmill from when I could run! Here is where I need an emoji of someone sweating.

I hope everyone is getting in their exercise minutes and meeting their challenge goal for the week. One more day to go hard before the next weigh-in. Go Blue!!!!!!!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Week ended up well. Down this week. Yay! Thanks for all the encouragement! Plan on getting 10,000 steps today. Will try to keep stretching I feel it is helping my shoulder and my ankle. Went shopping yesterday and got a new pair of tennis shoes I found on sale. They feel like they have more support than my last pair. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. It is sunny out today and 99% of the snow has melted from my yard!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Sara, nicely done, planning for your day by packing your lunch. I knew my eyes were getting bad, but geez....I had to enlarge the screen to read your new icon! LOL. No eating horses allowed. ;)

I thought that was pretty funny too! lol
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Team, I am two weeks behind, but better late than never. My name is Beverley. My introduction could go on and on, but putting it simple. I need to get time my healthy weight range of 155-160, meaning I need to loose at least 30lbs. As of today, I plan to eat healthier & workout at least 3 times per week. Each week I'm going to challenge myself with a healthy meal package. This week I'll will eliminate sugar & only get my sweet intake from fruits.

Good luck to you all as we strive to be much healthier.
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    dillyg08 wrote: »
    Team, I am two weeks behind, but better late than never. My name is Beverley. My introduction could go on and on, but putting it simple. I need to get time my healthy weight range of 155-160, meaning I need to loose at least 30lbs. As of today, I plan to eat healthier & workout at least 3 times per week. Each week I'm going to challenge myself with a healthy meal package. This week I'll will eliminate sugar & only get my sweet intake from fruits.

Good luck to you all as we strive to be much healthier.

Hi Beverly! So glad you are here and it sounds like you are ready to roll. I know you can do this and we are all here to lend support. (Beverly and I were teammates on a great challenge last year. So happy to be your team-mate again). What do you mean by "healthy meal package?" Did you put something together or order something? That sugar thing is huge. I have heard people say, "I feel so much better when I don't eat sugar." Well, it is a hard cycle to break. I did it for like ten days at the beginning of the year, and then another week in there. After a few day, it really did cut down my carb and sugar cravings, and I seriously think my mood was better, like fantastic. Alas, the sugar creeps back in. I had asked if our team wanted to do no sugar for a weekly challenge, but no takers. LOL. I get it. I will try it with you though, and anyone else can join in if they want :-). (for me, basically no foods with added sugars).