BLUE Team

Options

Replies

• dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to play catch up with the great conversations. Way to go guys!! Despite our life circumstances, we still find a way to push through.

You all have yourselves a great weekend.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Astraea05 wrote: »
    Wed and Thurs Exercise minutes added:

exercise.png

how do you get your ticker in your post? do you put in the url each time?
  • Astraea05
    Astraea05 Posts: 248 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I copy the bbc code and just paste it here.

exercise.png
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Maybe I don't need to repost it maybe it automatically changes when I add minutes to it on the ticker site? I do need to put in my password/pin to change it.
  • Astraea05
    edited March 2015
    Options
    dillyg08 wrote: »
    I'm trying to play catch up with the great conversations. Way to go guys!! Despite our life circumstances, we still find a way to push through.

Big waves Hi! Hope your week went well and you have a great weekend too! It was pretty tough with the no added sugar and I didn't quite meet that goal but will probably try again next week! Great Goal! Hope you did better with it than me! I am realizing about everything packaged has added sugar. I believe I have more of a sweet tooth than I thought I because I am def eating a lot of "hidden" sugar. I will make a better effort to cut that out! I made corned beef and cabbage on Tues and was looking at different crock pot recipes and saw one that added a cup of sugar... why??? Sure glad I am learning so much about all the added sugar in my life that I didn't even realize I was eating or who knows... I may have added the sugar to my crock pot myself without thinking... I really don't need this and tastes just fine without it.
  • Astraea05
    Options
    FYI Learned something new! I don't need to keep copying and pasting the bbc for the ticker to update it on our thread. When I update the ticker it updates here automatically!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    dillyg08 wrote: »

Big waves Hi! Hope your week went well and you have a great weekend too! It was pretty tough with the no added sugar and I didn't quite meet that goal but will probably try again next week! Great Goal! Hope you did better with it than me! I am realizing about everything packaged has added sugar. I believe I have more of a sweet tooth than I thought I because I am def eating a lot of "hidden" sugar. I will make a better effort to cut that out! I made corned beef and cabbage on Tues and was looking at different crock pot recipes and saw one that added a cup of sugar... why??? Sure glad I am learning so much about all the added sugar in my life that I didn't even realize I was eating or who knows... I may have added the sugar to my crock pot myself without thinking... I really don't need this and tastes just fine without it.

Yes! I have found that it is really hard to find anything without added sugars. Pretty crazy. I have been at it long enough that I do have all my meals and snacks with no sugar.... it is just difficult staying away from those darn snack foods the rest of the day! Since, several of us have tried this challenge and are still working on it, I will make it the main challenge for next week.
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    CHALLENGE, WEEK 3: March 22-28
    No added sugars!!!

For each day you go all day with no added sugars, you get a point. Let's see how many points we can rack up and who can get the most points!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    I am contemplating doing a very thorough clean out of my closet. As I lost my first 40 pounds, it was easy to get rid of the bigger sizes and move on. Right now, I basically have two sizes of wardrobe. I keep going up and down these same 5-10 pounds. It is really expensive to buy new clothes for home and work, so I have just kept these two sizes. I am starting to wonder if the bigger clothes' size are giving me an out. Instead of being practical, maybe it is a sign of me not fully committing or believing in myself?? Any suggestions?
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Maybe you should box them all up and put them away so they are not easy to get to and you can pick a day down the road to get rid of them for good. I know my sister always says "If you have clothes that are too big you will eventually grow into them!"
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Maybe you should box them all up and put them away so they are not easy to get to and you can pick a day down the road to get rid of them for good. I know my sister always says "If you have clothes that are too big you will eventually grow into them!"
    That is a good idea! I am going to try to work up to it this weekend.

• phoebelayla
    Options

exercise.png
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    That ticker factory was super easy to set up!! Easy and motivating. All good for me. I want to make sure I stay back on plan this week :-).

So happy to see that Sara, Melissa and Beverley all lost weigh last week. You all rock!!! (*) (*) (*)
  • Astraea05
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Awesome Job on the no sugar day! I really need to plan better to make this happen for me. I worked today and when I got home spent a little time cleaning up my garden. Thankfully all the snow we had this morning had melted. Hope to get my garden tilled this week. I skipped my walk today because my ankle was swollen and I was tired. My husband came down with the flu Sunday and has been running a fever and has a bad cough. Really hope he gets feeling better soon and I don't get it. Knock on wood! PS Love the beach ball ticker!
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was super excited when I saw 164 flash across the screen, but on our official weigh in day I had to log 165. *sigh* But! I saw 164 flash across the screen twice! I stepped on, saw 164, stepped off, stepped back on and saw 164. YAY! I keep telling myself go for 1 pound a week. 1 pound a week.

I have been uber stress eating over the weekend... Glad I got it back together yesterday! I had a crap lunch, but I got a spin class in and watched what i ate the rest of the day. My biggest flaw is not getting enough fiber from greens in my diet! Ugh! I've never been much of a "greens" person, and I force myself to eat them a lot! 1 salad every day is what I strive for and then I drink a glass of original v8. I can drink the v8 way easier then I can eat the veggies! It's supposed to count as a serving? My goal is to be at 155 when I go back to Dr. M. May 4. He totally handed my *kitten* to me on a platter the last time I went and I don't think I am up to another rousing rendition of whatcha plan on doing about it Ms. Obese Land. *face palm*

Have you ever thought about what an ugly word that is? Obese. It just lands there, BAM! 153 puts me just into the overweight category... oy vei! I would like to see the word "obese" taken off of my medical charts ya know? I am going to talk myself right into a slab of cake if I keep this up. LOL SO... 164 next week is the magic number!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    I understand completely wanting to get out of the Obese range on the BMI chart. I need to be at 171.8 and that will put me at 29.9. Pretty crazy to get excited to be on the high end of overweight but that is were my goal is for this challenge. Will try to make that by the end of March! It is only in the 30's out today and the wind is cold. But at least the sun is shining!

• Astraea05
    Options
    WTG Beverly and Melissa on the losses this week and everyone for sticking with the challenge and getting the weight logged. Go Blue!!!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Well, I have been sick for 7 weeks. Each time I am getting better, a new bug comes along. This weekend was finally pretty good... And now back with congestion and increased cough. Blech. Feel pretty tired, but my little one talked me into doing abs and strength training with him tonight! Glad he did. It is usually me trying to get him to exercise, but he has been really committed these past few weeks. So cute!

Hoping for a second no sugar day, then need to get three so I can beat last week.
  • phoebelayla
    Options

exercise.png

• Astraea05
    Options
    Nicely done! two days without sugar! Yay!