NSV's

Options

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    Before I lost the weight, I was a pretty reliable 130/80. Since staring the weight loss, I have been more on the 120/70 end of things, and my doctor was thinking of having me go off them to see how I responded. I was hoping this would be the appt to drop that one. It may have been an outlier.

The doctor gave me a new weight goal. I was hoping for a few high fives maybe.

I am very happy to be getting the glucose numbers in line. His nurse told me "no one" ever reduced diabetes meds. They just added a new one when metformin stopped doing the job. I am pleased to be an outlier there.

The only time I have a bump up in BP is at the drs. office. We have a BP monitor at home that tracks both of ours. You might want to use one of those, and show the results to the dr. if it is more normal on a daily basis? With this WOE I stay under 120/70, but I have had a reading as high as 140/90 at the dr. office. The traffic, I was still working at the time, so more stress, but I had my daily chart to show I really just needed to relax. And what is up with them taking your BP while you are still standing up?

Glad you got to cut the meds down.

Sometimes being the outlier is a good thing :)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Steph_Maks wrote: »
    But still, it was nice to come in 1st, even if nobody was there to see it and it didn't matter hahaha.)

That's awesome Steph!!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Despite no loss this week or last, I feel like I'm having NSVs left and right.
    First I went on a shopping spree, and all the items I bought are XL and fit really nice. That feels great considering I've been a snug 1-2x for the past few years.
    That inspired me to dig to the back of my closet and pull out old clothes... I found several pieces that fit again after years of being too small! I am so happy about this.
    Then yesterday, I went for a challenging hike. Despite it being super hard, I stuck to it and made it to the mountain peak. I definitely could not have done it a few months ago!

Mountain peaks are a great reward to a strong effort! Nice job!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    now I know what I'm going to be daydreaming about today...
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    151xey4yjpcr.jpg

Nice... I'm envious. :)
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Seven more pairs of jeans from my stash fit again!!! Including the black-on-black leather applique and embroidered Italian ones (favorites!). Aiming for my vintage high waisted non-stretch Cowgirl Bootcut Wranglers from the 80's or 90's (can' remember now). They are a size 5/36 inseam which is a 2 now. Won't pull up over the booty yet, but that's coming. Here's an old photo of me in them I keep around for goal setting.
    mpdda6zq7z7u.jpg

You look great there but... 36" inseam? You are all legs! Looks great but I bet buying jeans was hard back then!
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    Competed in my first Strongman comp on Saturday. Got my *kitten* handed to me, but I expected that, given that I am 163 lbs. in a weight class that didn't cap until 200.

I learned that my static strength is fine (did well in axe hold and car deadlift for reps), but my conditioning and explosive power suck (did really bad in max log, keg load and carry, and Atlas Stones). Training has been adjusted to rectify this.
    4npy1pbvn7gl.png
    40swfjbnu535.png

Awesome!

With the kilt, I first thought this was a highland competition. :)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    If he's not flowin' in the breeze UNDER that kilt - he ain't no scotsman.....
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    ...and does he have a blue ribbon...