NSV's

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    now I know what I'm going to be daydreaming about today...

Hahaha me too..... Men in kilts!
  • lolliopopsnrainbows
    lolliopopsnrainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    trish55011 wrote: »
    NS victories for the week:
    1) Hit the gym hard after 2-week knee injury recovery
    2) Did not carb out at daughters birthday party (did not even want bread or dessert).
    3) Manned the front desk at a busy clinic by myself for most of the week and did not have a single panic attack.
    4) Have listened to nightly meditation each night with no skipping
    5) Still smoking free
    6) Was able to hold 2 ten second planks at the gym tonight for the first time in forever.

Number 3) is particularly amazing, you should feel super proud of yourself! I know that feeling well, and am gradually gradually finding ways of coping with it.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I like these, I had to check what an NSV was on google though!!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Steph_Maks wrote: »
    A couple of small NSVs for me today.

First, I was going to visit my mum today and wanted to wear something nice. It took me forever to get dressed because almost all my nice clothes are suddenly enormous and look silly on me.

The second NSV was at my mums place, I was helping her with some cleaning, and happened to notice myself in her full-length mirror, and I just had to stop and stare for a few moments. I know I'm not small or skinny, but holy *kittens* compared to what I still look like in my head, I'm tiny! Like suddenly I'm thinking I might go buy myself a full length mirror.

Finally, we went to the mall and were browsing through some clothes stores -- normal non-plus-sized stores -- and I could actually fit into the stuff they were selling. Actually being able to shop in 'normal' clothes stores... got me a bit emotional when it struck me.

Cheers!

YES, get a full length mirror. Mine has helped me stay away from my largest size for years. I have lost and gained but at some point that image motivates me to get back to losing or toning up too. I still have moments after 6 months where I catch my image in a store window and think "damn, she looks pretty good, oh wait, that is ME."

Always a good time when you can find your size on the sale racks.

You are doing so well.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Not sure that this is a 'victory' as such, but... I sometimes work with very teeny electronics components, which require me to wear a loupe to see what I'm doing. I never had a problem keeping it in place before, I could put the loupe on it would simply stay put.

Nowadays it's constantly falling out. I just don't have enough excess flesh on my face to hold it in place.

Kind of funny, but also tremendously irritating when it keeps falling off and rolling away on the floor while I'm in the middle of something.
  • PrimalForLife
    PrimalForLife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the LCD group and I had to lookup 'NSV' - what a great approach! <I'm feeling enlightened>