NSV's

Options

Replies

• mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Great NSV's everybody!

I've been stagnant on weight loss for the past couple of weeks, even gaining a pound over the past week, after all the dips and climbs. BUT, my stamina is way up in my workouts. I did crow pose for the first time in at least six years this week, held it for 30 seconds. I've been keeping up in all my fitness classes (Barre Fit, Pilates, Yoga). Yesterday, I went for a bike ride for the first time in months. Made it 6.5 miles over some very hilly terrain. At the end of one particularly steep climb, I could feel the veins expanding at my elbows. I have pretty invisible veins most of the time so this was a trip! Got to the gym and rocked the weights today. Had energy to spare, even taking my two older kids and nephew (who is a big handful) to the pool and playground for a couple of hours while my mom chilled out with the baby.

Coming into this week, I was bummed at my seeming lack of fitness development since I started this WOE (and concurrent fitness efforts) in late May. Now I feel like I've leveled up!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Coworkers are asking me for weight loss advice. :)
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I joined the Under Armor Cycling Challenge for fun.

My last ride was a hard stretch and I pushed hard hoping to get not disgraceful time

I flipped out when it was in the top 10% of riders.

After losing 125 lbs I wanted to get out and do things. It feels new, strange, and good to be doing it now

The proof!

j5y3wov390qm.jpg
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    It hurts to sit up in the bath. There are bones in my back and bum? Gee, I had no idea (lol)!

I can feel all sorts of interesting things in my abdomen. There are ribs, hips, the ridge where my abs meet in the middle, the hard top of a pubic bone...wowee. My body is more than just fat.

My resting heartrate has gone from 75 to 60. Interesting.
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    It hurts to sit up in the bath. There are bones in my back and bum? Gee, I had no idea (lol)!
    /quote]

I can now actually fit in the tub properly without having to peel myself off the sides!
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Worked in an OR today that I haven't been to in a month. Rather than scrambling for the rare pair of 4xl scrubs, I was happy to find the 3xl fit with plenty of room to spare!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    Options
    Wow, way to go @professionalHobbyist! Have you been participating in bike races?

I'm just now easing back into riding. I have a "hybrid" (mountain/street) woman's bike that I love, which probably badly needs a tune-up. Did the Real Ale Ride many years ago on this bike, before kids, with some friends and made it through the 30-mile course with minimal stops. There were several different course lengths to choose from, ranging I think from 15 miles to 80. Now that I live even closer to this race (it's in Blanco, TX) I'm thinking it's time to do it again. I've never been fast, but if I finish, I'm happy.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm now on the last hole in my belt. In mid-May when I started this woe I was on the second hole. Now I'm on the fifth hole, that is 3 inches measuring on the belt.
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    A week in Mexico and a week of driving, facing my demons of corn tortillas and the abundant fruit coming into season, not giving in, staying in ketosis, and actually losing weight, these were my NSV's. (I know that because I lost weight it is technically not a NSV, but normally those circumstances would derail me, so making it through unscathed is HUGE!)

The NSV I am longing for is not asking for the extender on my many airplane flights!
  • professionalHobbyist
    Options
    Wow, way to go @professionalHobbyist! Have you been participating in bike races?

I'm just now easing back into riding. I have a "hybrid" (mountain/street) woman's bike that I love, which probably badly needs a tune-up. Did the Real Ale Ride many years ago on this bike, before kids, with some friends and made it through the 30-mile course with minimal stops. There were several different course lengths to choose from, ranging I think from 15 miles to 80. Now that I live even closer to this race (it's in Blanco, TX) I'm thinking it's time to do it again. I've never been fast, but if I finish, I'm happy.

I'm in the Map My Fitness Cycling Challenge.

41,000 participants

I'm in the top 12%! For an old guy at 53 I am very happy with that.

The great support, knowledge, and encouragement of the Low Carb group has empowered me to go for it!!

xr0s2dm3x6rp.jpg

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    My body just works better.

Simply put, carrying around that extra 100 pounds was tough.

My daughter is very proud. She hugs me and says she wants me to be around a long time.

That is where it all comes to focus for me. I can live again!

I have to ask, why your profile pic, is a photo of your lap. I am hoping it's because you lost the gut that used to cover it, lol

• azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 207 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I know the way that I lose weight is in my face first and then it goes to my chest, skips my belly and comes off my hips...eventually it gives up and I lose the belly....however, I have now lost 6 inches of "boobage" and really look like a pear..... my NSV is that I just got some gorgeous new Victoria's Secret bras....makes up for the pear look, well almost :)
  • professionalHobbyist
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My body just works better.

Simply put, carrying around that extra 100 pounds was tough.

My daughter is very proud. She hugs me and says she wants me to be around a long time.

That is where it all comes to focus for me. I can live again!

I have to ask, why your profile pic, is a photo of your lap. I am hoping it's because you lost the gut that used to cover it, lol

A friend kind of dared me

I need to change it back

I actually forgot !!!

Edit:

Now changed !!!

• TheMegOne
    TheMegOne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is a small NSV since I haven't been doing this very long. I lost an inch off my waist since I measured a week ago. All other measurements were pretty much the same, but I will take it. Also, my hubby started asking questions about keto this morning. Maybe I won't be the only one in the house doing this.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Good news/bad news.....good news I had an interview...NSV, last time I went to an interview I was 88+ pounds more, so today all my interview clothes looked ridiculous!! I didn't even think about that when I scheduled the interview. Bad news, I decided not to go due to having nothing to wear:(
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My grandmother has these small looking backed kitchen chairs. A few weeks ago I didn't even try to fit in them, but a few days ago due to place of conversation I gingerly sat down and was shocked when I fit, snugly, but I still fit!

I had to donate the new bigger bras that I bought a month or so ago.

I'm losing my top stomach pouch! :smiley:

My regular shoes are becoming too big.

I look good again in loose clothing. :heart:

I'm not ravenous every second of the day and can go 18+ hours without being a mean hungry hippo. :lol:

• professionalHobbyist
    Options
    Some abdominal shape is coming in

It has been a year of diet and exercise

It is surprising how things just happen when we do the next scheduled workout and eat the next clean meal.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    Options
    @professionalHobbyist, your torso is looking quite lean and strong in your profile pic! Way to go.

I realized this morning that I've been at this for a day over two months, and have come down a dress size and a half. That's way more exciting than the pounds lost. I started at a snug size 14. Last night, I was getting dressed to go out to dinner with my family, and tried on a Size 10 dress I haven't worn in 5+ years. I've been around a size 12 for most of my adult life, so a 10 is a big deal for me. This dress is a fit-and-flare style, so emphasis on a lean waistline. I was consciously holding in my abs, but it fit like a dream!
  • professionalHobbyist
    Options
    @professionalHobbyist, your torso is looking quite lean and strong in your profile pic! Way to go.

I realized this morning that I've been at this for a day over two months, and have come down a dress size and a half. That's way more exciting than the pounds lost. I started at a snug size 14. Last night, I was getting dressed to go out to dinner with my family, and tried on a Size 10 dress I haven't worn in 5+ years. I've been around a size 12 for most of my adult life, so a 10 is a big deal for me. This dress is a fit-and-flare style, so emphasis on a lean waistline. I was consciously holding in my abs, but it fit like a dream!

Your progress is awesome!!

How you look and feel sometimes has nothing to do with a scale.

I drop a few pounds of fat and add back some muscle and the scale never moves

The torso thing is a mission for me. Always and I mean always had a gut. Now 33 pants fit.

Your size 10 dress sounds like it was very flattering to your hard earned form!!

I'm happy for you!!

Those are the moments the work is worth it and we see it right in front of us, in the mirror!!!

You are doing great!!!

Now did you shake it and swing the skirt in front of the mirror? Maybe spin one time!

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Nice !