NSV's

Options

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    My kids birthdays are very close together. July 14, July 19 and August 5.
    With today being the second time in less than a week with birthday cake in the house, I still have no desire to have any. The carb smart vanilla yogurt I've had occasionally with some shaved 85% dark chocolate tastes like desert to me now!

You have to understand the level of literal sugar addiction I had for years and years. Probably my whole adult life!

I didn't even lick the Nutella off my fingers when I made my son his birthday requested breakfast of Nutella pancakes this morning. I literally made a disgusted face at it when I realized I had gotten it all over my fingers! Lol
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Amazing how you have mastered old demons Bunny.

That is change to the core
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Don't know if good or bad, but can see the surgical scars on belly again. Haven't seen them in quite awhile, lol.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options

Now did you shake it and swing the skirt in front of the mirror? Maybe spin one time!

Oh yes, I did! I have two young daughters, ages 4 and 6. My 4-year-old said she loved my dress and wished she had one like it, and she asked me to twirl. Of course, I obliged, several times. :-)

Thanks for your encouragement!

@Sunny_Bunny_ , my kids' birthdays are 7/13, 7/28 and 2/17, so I'm right there with you in The Birthday Month! We made lemon cupcakes with homemade blackberry buttercream frosting, and I only ate half of one to sample our work. They lasted a whole week in the fridge. There's actually still one left. Someone on here posted that sugary treats are just artistically pretty poison in her mind now, or something to that effect. she said it much better, but that's the way I think now, too, and I'm as surprised as you that it's so easy! I used to be a big chocoholic and sugar-aholic, too.

You are rocking this! Love the NSV thread, folks. Keep 'em coming!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I can stand up ibn the balls of my feet for 20 minutes now. My balance has returned! So close to rejoining dance.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    edited July 2015
    Options

Now did you shake it and swing the skirt in front of the mirror? Maybe spin one time!

Oh yes, I did! I have two young daughters, ages 4 and 6. My 4-year-old said she loved my dress and wished she had one like it, and she asked me to twirl. Of course, I obliged, several times. :-)

Thanks for your encouragement!

@Sunny_Bunny_ , my kids' birthdays are 7/13, 7/28 and 2/17, so I'm right there with you in The Birthday Month! We made lemon cupcakes with homemade blackberry buttercream frosting, and I only ate half of one to sample our work. They lasted a whole week in the fridge. There's actually still one left. Someone on here posted that sugary treats are just artistically pretty poison in her mind now, or something to that effect. she said it much better, but that's the way I think now, too, and I'm as surprised as you that it's so easy! I used to be a big chocoholic and sugar-aholic, too.

You are rocking this! Love the NSV thread, folks. Keep 'em coming!

Yes! Pretty poison is quite accurate! I remember reading that post too.

Im glad you fit into your dress and fully enjoyed it! There's nothing quite like feeling confident in a pretty dress!
    Amazing how you have mastered old demons Bunny.

That is change to the core

Old demons is right! But I have silenced their evil whispers and have found the low carb light! Lol
  • professionalHobbyist
    Options
    I love this group

This is how people help and encourage each other
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I hadn't seen my granddad and his wife since November, they came down to visit today and were both surprised to see how I had changed. We spent ages talking about low carb and weighing food and they were very curious and interested which was nice. His wife is thinking to try MFP to gain weight (she is very thin).

The NSV was my bum fitting between the kids carseats in the back seat. Last time I went in their car and sat between the seats my fat rolls were completely mooshed everywhere and I was in pain! I only just managed to jam myself in. But now I have room to spare on either side of my body and fit so comfortably.

I was also pretty happy with myself for running on the beach today and actually being able to play with my children. The beach in winter was quite fun.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I changed the oil in a passenger vehicle for the first time in 25 years in the yard yesterday laying on the ground and the truck was not up on ramps or jacks. It was a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 with 20" wheels that I am fixing up for the son to drive to college next year. I went to town to get it changed thinking they closed at 2 PM and I got there at 12:05 PM. The sign said OPEN but the guy who has changed my oil for 20+ years said he was going home and come back another time. I had no problem with that but I just drove 1/2 mile to the farm supply store and got the same oil and a filter can came home and changed it. The son is at a Scouting training event (he is a trainer this year) and his twin sister was at work and the wife was working with the mini horses so I had to plan ahead to keep from going under more than once.

Today I was just fine with no fall out from working on my back in a hot and tight working conditions. The wife was pleased to see I was doing something that would have been nearly impossible a year ago. One was my high level of pain would have stopped me. Two my gut would have stopped me from getting in such a tight place.

Not only was I OK today but I cleaned up the 2" rusty receiver hitch and painted it with flat black Rustoleum spray can. I was down on the ground again cleaning and painting on the back end of the truck today. Over the last week I have also rubbed out the clear coat by hand with polish then waxed the truck so now it looks jet black and shiny. There was no way I would have had the stamina or range of motion to have done that last year. We bought the truck with the airbag warning light burning. Last week I purchased a new airbag clock spring and installed it. I had to remove the driver side airbag then pull the steering wheel to remove and replace the clockspring device and I did that job by myself OK. The red airbag light is no longer burning. :)

I still have some people 50 pounds later asking when I am going back to eating "regular" food. Depending on my mood I just say I am currently eating "regular" food, after I lose my mind or just do not reply most of the time. :)
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I changed the oil in a passenger vehicle for the first time in 25 years in the yard yesterday laying on the ground and the truck was not up on ramps or jacks. It was a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 with 20" wheels that I am fixing up for the son to drive to college next year. I went to town to get it changed thinking they closed at 2 PM and I got there at 12:05 PM. The sign said OPEN but the guy who has changed my oil for 20+ years said he was going home and come back another time. I had no problem with that but I just drove 1/2 mile to the farm supply store and got the same oil and a filter can came home and changed it. The son is at a Scouting training event (he is a trainer this year) and his twin sister was at work and the wife was working with the mini horses so I had to plan ahead to keep from going under more than once.

Today I was just fine with no fall out from working on my back in a hot and tight working conditions. The wife was pleased to see I was doing something that would have been nearly impossible a year ago. One was my high level of pain would have stopped me. Two my gut would have stopped me from getting in such a tight place.

Not only was I OK today but I cleaned up the 2" rusty receiver hitch and painted it with flat black Rustoleum spray can. I was down on the ground again cleaning and painting on the back end of the truck today. Over the last week I have also rubbed out the clear coat by hand with polish then waxed the truck so now it looks jet black and shiny. There was no way I would have had the stamina or range of motion to have done that last year. We bought the truck with the airbag warning light burning. Last week I purchased a new airbag clock spring and installed it. I had to remove the driver side airbag then pull the steering wheel to remove and replace the clockspring device and I did that job by myself OK. The red airbag light is no longer burning. :)

I still have some people 50 pounds later asking when I am going back to eating "regular" food. Depending on my mood I just say I am currently eating "regular" food, after I lose my mind or just do not reply most of the time. :)

That's a great one - congratulations. I hope you feel as good as you deserve. Plus you sounds really handy!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm loving them all! You all rock!!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My husband and I passed up carrot cake, which is more a NSV for him as that's his favorite cake on the planet. I was so proud of him! He's down 40 lbs and can now where 1x/2x shirts again!

I quit worrying about the number on the scale, finally. Today I noticed in the mirror I am starting to see my collar bones again and my double chin is shrinking. And while that's not the area I'd love to lose from first, it means I AM losing weight. So the heck with the scale and its lies! I'm rocking my pair of pants today that a month ago I couldn't button.

All while eating prime rib for breakfast.....

/throwing scale in garbage
  • bernadettemariev
    bernadettemariev Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I saw a picture that someone took of me today, and instead of cringing like I usually do because I look so huge, I thought "hey, I look almost normal." And my double chin is disappearing... I just wish the extra skin would disappear with it.
  • golfgirl99
    golfgirl99 Posts: 25 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Excluding my irritating varicose veins I can cross my legs and it's not Dimple central!!!! Yay!!!
  • professionalHobbyist
    Options
    golfgirl99 wrote: »
    Excluding my irritating varicose veins I can cross my legs and it's not Dimple central!!!! Yay!!!

I feel us on that !!!
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Was able to buy scrub tops in a large, xl pants fit, but felt more comfortable in a 2X, no 1X available, a lil too big, but better than too small..... BIG DEAL, I had to special order 4X's in the past....felt like it wasn't really my body, like who's body is this
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @Jbarnes1210 that is great results.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I don't make nearly so much of a mound under my blankets when I'm sleeping. Mom brought me a cup of tea and thought I wasn't there.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    I found a pair of shorts I hadn't worn in a couple years and at first I held them up and thought they were my daughters. I saw they were a size 8 so they would be too big for her and realized they were mine. Even though I have some other 8's that fit now, these looked really small to me for an 8 and I almost tossed them back in the drawer. But I decided to try them on to see how close I was to fitting in them again.
    They fit! They actually fit with room. They weren't the slightest bit tight at all.
  • professionalHobbyist
    edited July 2015
    Options
    l8197okau4q9.jpg
    After getting in shape and staying there for s while I finally bought a good all carbon fiber race bike

It is in my profile pic

You know, it feels good to take a moment and share your success with you and then post my little ones as well

I like how we help and encourage each other in here

I put on my cycling outfit and looked in the mirror

I honestly didn't recognize me.

This whole weight loss and fitness thing can be life changing on the inside as well as outside

Peace