NSV's

Options

Replies

• mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My best NSV...

I have found someone I want to spend my days with. A sweet beautiful woman I can't stop looking at.

She enjoys the active life and will be joining me riding sometimes.

In the past I would have never talked to her

Congrats @KittensMaster!!! I agree, best NSV ever. :-)

@GaleHawkins, those are very impressive health improvements. I like the non-nagging example approach. Thanks for your encouragement!
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Fiance this morning put on a t-shirt that a year ago was obscenely tight - and it fitted perfectly. I've been eating LCHF for 15 weeks and when we eat together in the evening he has what I have - but where I have salad for lunch he has a sandwich. Who'd have thought cutting his carbs for one meal a day would have an effect, eh?? He looks secretly pleased with himself... :smiley:
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Today, my a1c was 4.2 down from 7.2 just 6 months ago. My diabetes has resolved. Beyond losing weight, better bloodwork numbers, feeling better overall, fewer migraines and less joint pain, I'm no longer diabetic. *speechless*
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    Today, my a1c was 4.2 down from 7.2 just 6 months ago. My diabetes has resolved. Beyond losing weight, better bloodwork numbers, feeling better overall, fewer migraines and less joint pain, I'm no longer diabetic. *speechless*

That is awesome !!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Congrats! That is totally awesome!
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Congrats! :)
  • SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm completely blown away but all the monumentally great news. Congrats everyone!!! This all makes me feel so very lucky to be a part of this group. I'm hoping for a miracle also as I've been struggling with numerous health issues for many years.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I've gone down 2 sizes in jeans. From a tight ten to a loose 8 or and an almost loose 6, but still too snug 4.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Wow! Congrats! That's such great news!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I've gone down 2 sizes in jeans. From a tight ten to a loose 8 or and an almost loose 6, but still too snug 4.

Nice job!
    I'm noticing my 8's are feeling quite saggy lately. Not ready to buy new yet, but I won't have a choice once all I have is my size 12 clothes for fall.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options

Fantastic!!! You may be speechless but we all have plenty to say about it! :D

And great job, @sweetteadrinker2! Time to shop for a new fall wardrobe? :blush:
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I had to dig deeper in my closet for a pair of pants that doesn't fall off me! I'm now wearing pants I wore when I met my husband! :)
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Freedom from being chained to food!!!

Before low carb, I would eat the second I woke up. Most days I would scarf some cereal down before I even finished making coffee. This morning, I drank coffee and then took a walk, before eating breakfast. That would have been impossible before. Yesterday, I went until 10 am before eating breakfast. In the afternoon, I was a little hungry at about 3:30, but wasn't able to make any food until 6:30, and I was fine. I used to panic. My husband is still getting used to the fact that I won't lose it at certain hours of the day if I haven't eaten.

I imagine this is how 'normal' people feel.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    One pair of my "small" jeans now fit baggy!!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    I've just been coasting on my diet for the past several weeks but staying in my macros pretty well. Despite this I've found that I have not gained a pound in over a month. This is not how it would have worked on SAD. It's very encouraging and makes me feel much more in control. I hope that counts as an NSV. lol
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    I've just been coasting on my diet for the past several weeks but staying in my macros pretty well. Despite this I've found that I have not gained a pound in over a month. This is not how it would have worked on SAD. It's very encouraging and makes me feel much more in control. I hope that counts as an NSV. lol

Oh yeah, I recently relaxed my macros and have gone over my carb levels even still a few times, but I'm still losing. That's a win. :)
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »

Ah yes, the great shopping binge. I'm probably going to stick to leggings and tunics this fall, I have 7 more pounds till my ultimate goal and that can mean the world in jeans. So not quite :blush:
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm still wide awake. In the past i would have been in a carb coma, but today (now officially yesterday) got in over 19000 steps on my fitbit. That was from house cleaning, running errands, my zumba class and walking the dog.

The other big NSV is I managed to talk two of my girlfriends into doing Zumba with me and they loved the class. We normally go out and eat once a week, but now instead of our eating out date, we're going to do a workout together once a week.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »

Ah yes, the great shopping binge. I'm probably going to stick to leggings and tunics this fall, I have 7 more pounds till my ultimate goal and that can mean the world in jeans. So not quite :blush:

Exactly!

I want from 44 waist to 33

It was all clothes replaced

I have an office job so it has been expensive

You can't alter suits that much

It is an NSV of sorts but really an unexpected huge money outlay.

All clothes and shoes....

But it is easy to find size 33 waist pants on sale
    Kohls 70% off rack always had my size!!
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I did 50 burpees back to back in my Power Hour class today. When the instructor said to do 50 (this was in the last 10 minutes of class, and we'd already done about 50 burpees mixed in with our other exercises throughout the class), we were all just looking at each other like she was completely insane.

I'm proud to say that I'm one of three people (the instructor included) who managed to get through all 50 in the allotted time--about 2 1/2 minutes. :smiley: