NSV's

Options

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Every now and then I am surprised when going through my closet in order to see what fits me now. I don't feel that I have lost as much weight as the clothes tell me I have. I found 3 pairs of pants this weekend that I was amazed to be able to fit into. I can remember how heavy I was back then, and as I recall I was 20 - 25 pounds heavier when I last wore these. This was a totally unexpected treat !
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Last night I decided to try on a shirt that I had bought last year sometime. It's a low cut women's shirt. I bought it without trying it on thinking surely it'd fit. When I was 180 pounds it was so suffocating on my boobs and I felt like I couldn't breathe. It also wasn't flattering on my stomach either. Well it's actually a little loose now and doesn't look too bad. I still have a little bit of a belly so I wouldn't wear it in public since I'm self conscious to wear shirts that are even form fitting in the abdominal area. I remember trying it on and telling my boyfriend at the time, "apparently these shirts are made for women that are flat chested". So it was definitely nice to see it fits a lot better now. Maybe another 10 lbs and inches lost I'll be able to wear it in public. :)
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Seeing my waistline again is nice....but the craziest NSV that I've had is getting into the bathtub, and noticing I have more room! My hips aren't squeezed against the tub walls anymore!!!!!

This! I've been at this lose weight/make healthier habits business (this time) for a smidge over three weeks, buckling down into LCHF for about 10 days. Took a bath in the big, luxurious jetted tub last night for the first time in over a month, and it was so much more comfortable. I wasn't sighing and looking at my fat rolls and thunder thighs saying, "someday". I was sighing in contented relaxation.

I pulled out some summer clothes from my pre-pregnancy days, and they all fit. One pair of shorts is still too tight, but I could button it, whereas I couldn't make it over my hips last time I tried. The tops are still too tight in the chest, because I'm still nursing this baby, but sadly, this day will pass all too soon. :/
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    So, today the management staff at work cooked breakfast for the employees as a thank you for their hard work and dedication. This meant I had to get up at 4:30 am this morning to get in to work early. It also meant that, since we were serving pancakes, turkey bacon, eggs, fruit, chocolate, whipped cream and syrup syrup syrup, I needed to be prepared!

Fortunately, I have a really simple recipe for low carb pancakes that also tastes great, that I got from 'I Breathe I'm Hungry' (http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html) so I whipped up a batch last night to bring with me so I could participate as well. I also got some no sugar added syrup, which while a bit higher carb than I'd usually go, I figured was okay for this special occasion. I also cooked up my own bacon because I much prefer that to turkey bacon.

So I was able to cook two boxes worth of pancakes for the staff without nary a nibble, and then heated up my bacan and my low carb pancakes with lots of butter and a little bit of the no sugar added syrup and tossed on a few blueberries and got to enjoy the breakfast with everyone else without blowing my carbs!

And even cooler, I found out my boss - the president of the company - is doing a ketogenic diet! So I was able to share my extra pancakes with him, and he loved them! Pretty awesome to have someone else on the 'team' - especially the big boss ;)

Anyway, I totally consider this a NSV, and wanted to share how I was able to participate but keep to my plan at the same time :) Yay!

That's awesome! I've got a friend doing the bulletproof coffee thing, but he isn't fully on the LCHF train yet. He's getting there. He was having crazy binges because he wasn't eating enough protein (he's like 6'2" or something at like 325+ pounds!) or fats. I convinced him to add more of both and slowly start cutting the carbs down again... I'm excited for what this can do for him.

But it is great to find out your boss is on your plan... :) Even better to find your "treats" and planning understood and appreciated!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I just said this on another thread, but here's another NSV: I realized this week that not only can I touch my toes (which I haven't been able to do in a few years) but I can actually touch my palms to the FLOOR! I have no idea how this happened, as I have not been focused on stretching (although I do stretch a bit during the rest periods in my circuits), but it's AWESOME! Maybe someday I'll be able to do a cartwheel again! LOL
  • me_ona_diet
    me_ona_diet Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Tried on a pair of capris that my mom gave me a few years back that were always too tight to comfortably wear. Guess what I'm wearing today!! :) I'm really noticing the way my clothes are fitting, items that used to be tight are now loose. I know I've still got a long way to go, but I love the 'skinny' feeling of clothes getting too big instead of too small for me :)
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Extra room in a booth at restaurants.....
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options

YES! The fact that we CAN sit in a booth rather than at a table!
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options

That's a good one. I remember when I no longer had to ask for a table instead of a booth at local places, its a darn good feeling!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I love reading this thread. This is where happy is. :)
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Went to a wedding last night. A girl came up to me and said 'weren't you at the batchelorette party three months ago? I nearly didn't recognise you - you look amazing'.

On the other hand it did make me wonder how bad I looked before!!
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    AreteAndWhimsy Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mr. Whimsy pranced into my studio this morning all spiffed up for work, and proudly stated that he was wearing a smaller pair of pants. He stayed just long enough for me to ooh and ah over him before strutting out. What a cutie! :smiley:

His successes are almost more important to me than mine. Changing to LCHF has improved out lives significantly!
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I ordered 2 dresses from the catalogue for my cousins wedding next weekend. They looked beautiful in the picture and just as beautiful on the hanger, but when I put them on me they looked frumpy. I was so disheartened that I decided I may as well just wear something I already own, and started trying on dresses in my wardrobe. I found one of my older favourite dresses and it fit beautifully, that's when it clicked that the reason the new dresses look frumpy is because I need to go down a size :smile:. I've sent hubby back with the instructions to find the same dresses in the next size down, I really hope they look better because I already bought the perfect shoes to go with them ;)
  • scorpiana89
    scorpiana89 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My hourglass is shaping itself out again. I can see the cuts and curves in my shape and I love it. I am clearly losing inches and I am experienced to know how much that counts also.

I am naturally eating less calories, so I am no longer fighting to stay at goal. Some days I have to force myself to eat dinner which is crazy! I feel like that is the most powerful tool I could have, because hunger control is what has done me in in the past.

Making dinner is super easy because most of my meat and veggies get seasoned and thrown on my George Foreman or in the oven.

Grocery shopping is easier and less expensive. I only need to buy a few staples and extras, mostly on the perimeter. A one-hour shopping trip is now a half-hour shopping trip.
  • pedidiva
    pedidiva Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Am having some good workouts. My shoulders are getting stronger, my posture is better, and my back feels good.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Grocery shopping is easier and less expensive. I only need to buy a few staples and extras, mostly on the perimeter. A one-hour shopping trip is now a half-hour shopping trip.

Ha! I know what you mean! I dip into the center aisles for coffee, and that's it!
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    AreteAndWhimsy Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »

Ha! I know what you mean! I dip into the center aisles for coffee, and that's it!

Yep, yep. I've almost completely stopped shopping at the grocery store except for staples like coffee. There's a handy little shopping center with a butcher and veg store and that's where I do 90% of my shopping, and it takes like 10 minutes!
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    I had to hem up three pairs of size 16 slacks that have been sitting in my closet for 4 years with the tags on them!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I actually was glad the other day that my shrinking had slowed because I can't afford to buy any smaller clothes right now! LOL
  • DianaElena76
    edited June 2015
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I actually was glad the other day that my shrinking had slowed because I can't afford to buy any smaller clothes right now! LOL

I'm definitely not at THIS point yet!!! I feel like I'm shrinking soooo slowly! (Patience wasn't always my strong suit--thus, 3 kids in 4 years, LOL).

Plus I still have lots of "skinny clothes" in my closet to "shop" from.