• AreteAndWhimsy
    AreteAndWhimsy Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Woo! Go everyone! These are great!
  • me_ona_diet
    me_ona_diet Posts: 71 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Being able to pull socks all the way up my calves without depriving my feet of their blood supply! ;) My rings are falling off, and so are some of my pants! And I don't have to hike my jacket up over my hips to do up the zipper!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    He hasn't said anything to me, but apparently my father-in-law has been commenting to my husband on my weight loss. :smile:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    So, an NSV's and related SV from yesterday. I thought my friends were crazy when they said that hunger could be legitimately quelled.

Yesterday, I drank my LOADED TEA for breakfast at 7:30 am.
    Lunch was around one, a small portion of leftover chicken with my homemade alfredo sauce.
    Due to some odd circumstances, I wasn't home to eat dinner until 11:30 pm, and then I still had to cook, so I whipped up some bacon and eggs.

It's now 9 am, and I'm still not hungry (finally had my normal breakfast around 10:30 am, 3 hours later than usual), and I wasn't overly starving at any point yesterday either. Surreal.

Also, finally hit a new personal best weight, though reluctant to say it out loud because it always ends up resurging a bit at that point, but there you have it. Two months ago, I was at 241.8. Today, I finally dropped the lingering 6 pounds that had been torturing me since then, and I'm at 241.0.

Tomorrow, I'll probably be at 245 or something again, because weight is random like that, but for today, I'll celebrate it. I'm always nervous to measure when I drop like this, because it is a brain-game where my brain tries to convince me that the measurements will undo my scale progress...LOL. Trying on that previously too tight pair of jeans this weekend though. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    He hasn't said anything to me, but apparently my father-in-law has been commenting to my husband on my weight loss. :smile:

This has to be one of the best feelings ever, because sometimes the inlaws, particularly when opposite genders, feel awkward saying anything, but if he's talking to his son, it is BLATANTLY NOTICEABLE because men in particular or notoriously NID (not into details) in many ways. You go GIRL!

And ROCK on to all the rest of y'all!!!! All the changes are fabulous...
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My tight pants zipped comfortably today! They are the non-stretchy gene material
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    Options
    Woah... when I started LC three weeks ago these incredibly stretchy jeggings were so tight I could not pull them up over my thighs. Now I'm swimming in them so badly I can't even wear them out of the house. Seriously I can grab handfuls of fabric around the thighs. I've only lost about six pounds, but I've dropped almost completely from the mid to upper end of 24s to midrange 22s, which is usually a 30-40lb gap for me.

Three%20weeks%20in_zpsk0lacwcz.jpg
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    Options
    Haha, I didn't realise how crooked this photo was. The dog was "helping" me. :)

• gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    These are so awesome. I wish there was a like button for everyone. But be sure. I'm reading every one of them and cheering you all on. This is so refreshing from other groups. It's like, we're not a "support" group, we're a cheering section for success!

My NSV....

the Beast, who was seriously considering ending our relationship (partly because of my weight gain affecting our ability to enjoy life together) just stared at me when I saw him after a week of being away. He literally just stared at me and didn't hear a word I had said. Then he took my hand and twirlled me around like a ballerina, "inspecting" me.

Then he said.... you look WAY different. You lost A LOT of weight! You look awesome baby! I'm so happy for you. (truth be told, I lost 10 lbs) but I guess cause I was away for a week....

Best NSV EVERR!!

And smaller NSV with maybe TMI

I told him I was frustrated becaue all the weight is coming off my top and NONE off my bottom.
    First he said - well isn't it nice to be frustrated about WHERE it's coming off rather than it NOT coming off?

And then he gave me "that look" and reassured me that's just the type of lady he likes and he'd be happy if all of my bottom didn't fall off :tongue:
  • parkdad73
    parkdad73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    SazzySuze wrote: »
    Ooooo..I finally have one! ! Lol. My ring is loose on my finger. I can twirl it around on my finger now. Very small NSV but I'll still take it!

My wife and my rings slip off now so we've both switched them to our middle fingers. We are asked constantly if we are having marriage problems!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Woah... when I started LC three weeks ago these incredibly stretchy jeggings were so tight I could not pull them up over my thighs. Now I'm swimming in them so badly I can't even wear them out of the house. Seriously I can grab handfuls of fabric around the thighs. I've only lost about six pounds, but I've dropped almost completely from the mid to upper end of 24s to midrange 22s, which is usually a 30-40lb gap for me.

Three%20weeks%20in_zpsk0lacwcz.jpg

I do hope many read your story so they understand the scales readout is not even the main factor when on LCHF eating lifestyle.

• Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Well done you guys! This is my favourite thread of them all. Who cares what thescale says! :p

I had a nice one today. I went out for my walk and decided to go up a hill I have been avoiding because it is so steep. I got to the top alive but very winded. No, that's not the NSV. I put my hands on my hips to lean over to catch my breath and THEY SLIPPED RIGHT OFF! I nearly feel on my face! I hadn't noticed the spare tyre I usually rest my hands on is totally GONE! I was blown away. For me that ring of fat is the hardest to budge. I had all but given up on it. Woohoooooo!

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    gsp90x wrote: »
    These are so awesome. I wish there was a like button for everyone. But be sure. I'm reading every one of them and cheering you all on. This is so refreshing from other groups. It's like, we're not a "support" group, we're a cheering section for success!

My NSV....

the Beast, who was seriously considering ending our relationship (partly because of my weight gain affecting our ability to enjoy life together) just stared at me when I saw him after a week of being away. He literally just stared at me and didn't hear a word I had said. Then he took my hand and twirlled me around like a ballerina, "inspecting" me.

Then he said.... you look WAY different. You lost A LOT of weight! You look awesome baby! I'm so happy for you. (truth be told, I lost 10 lbs) but I guess cause I was away for a week....

Best NSV EVERR!!

And smaller NSV with maybe TMI

I told him I was frustrated becaue all the weight is coming off my top and NONE off my bottom.
    First he said - well isn't it nice to be frustrated about WHERE it's coming off rather than it NOT coming off?

And then he gave me "that look" and reassured me that's just the type of lady he likes and he'd be happy if all of my bottom didn't fall off :tongue:

This is awesome.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSVs everybody! @SazzySuze, I'm so glad you've finally got something to celebrate! I have been hoping for you to get a sign that this woe is right for you! @gsp90x, smiling here for you! @Maikanenga, losing a spare tire is amazing! Way to go on the steep hill too!
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    My NSV today is very small compared to some of the wonderful stories above, but here it goes

I fit into my husbands old work shorts. Now, that may not seem to be a big deal, but husband is built like a 17 yr old boy from the waist down. No hips. Not butt.

And I am wearing his shorts!
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Wow @Kuranda! I think that's an awesome nsv! Happy Dance!!! :D
  • Soon2BeMrsSherriff
    Soon2BeMrsSherriff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I can paint my toenails now with a lot more ease. I used to not be able to bend over my belly fat to get to my toenails. So I would have to go every four weeks to get a pedicure. And that costs $25 plus tip. However, I did them yesterday before a party with no problem! That was a NSV for me!! And I saved $30. Win win
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    I posted this on my feed, so for those on my friends' list please forgive the repeat.
    I went through all my fat clothes, bagged them up to give away, and pulled out my skinny clothes. The skinny clothes, that I haven't fit in 17 years, are a tad too big. But they'll do for now. I've gone from a 2X/3X to almost a medium (almost size 10). I haven't been this small since jr high. I'm 36 now.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone ! Celebrate each discovery ! You have earned these rewards through hard work and dedication. Doesn't it feel wonderful !

I myself wore shorts for the first time in several years, along with a tank top, yesterday while gardening. Regular size "Lge" not "2X" like last year or "3X" like 4 years ago. Mind you, when I wore the larger sizes, I gave up wearing shorts thinking I was too big. Instead I wore capri pants which had more coverage and dresses. I was surprised to find shorts that fit comfortably. I didn't feel too exposed, and I could move freely without worrying about placement of garments staying where they should.

Another observation I had yesterday while doing some petty heavy labour in the garden, was that I was able to work for hours, digging, carrying heavy objects like bags of compost and peat moss ( no wheelbarrow) across a huge yard. I was tried after all the work, but my stamina was way up. I slept well, and feel ready now to tackle another equally busy day.
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Awesome NSVs everyone! I love reading everyone accomplishments!

My latest NSV is that I can see the shadow of my lower ribs now without sucking in my guts! Visceral fat is melting away! Plus, I've dropped 3 inches in my waist in three weeks!