NSV's

Options

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I bought a new bathing suit today. At Old Navy. A size XL. A two piece! (Albeit high-waisted bottoms and a long top)
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    AreteAndWhimsy Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yesterday morning I cycled 50 miles because I had a few hours to spare while hubby was at work. I drank a mug of coffee with cream before I left the house and took a 300cal snack of cheese cubes which I ate at midday (halfway through the ride), according to my hrm I burned 1400cal. The next solid food I ate was at 8pm because we had trouble finding somewhere to eat in the evening. And I felt fine, no problems with energy on the bike ride, no problems with hunger for the rest of the day. I guess that means I'm fat-adapted?

The real test will be whether I can keep up with the rest of the team at swim training tonight!
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My A1C is 5.7 which puts me as PRE-diabetic, not diabetic anymore! Drop any lower and I will no longer be diabetic!!!
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Today is day 9 for me, so I consider myself a newbie with still so much to learn and I thank you all for sharing your info & helping me. That is a NSV to me. I also have a lower BP already! My pants come up a bit higher....who even knew that would happen lol and my bra has wrinkles in it now....sorry guys, maybe TMI, but smaller is gonna be smaller everywhere.
  • batlott
    batlott Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @greenautum17 congratulations on getting your A1C down. That is great news.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Today is day 9 for me, so I consider myself a newbie with still so much to learn and I thank you all for sharing your info & helping me. That is a NSV to me. I also have a lower BP already! My pants come up a bit higher....who even knew that would happen lol and my bra has wrinkles in it now....sorry guys, maybe TMI, but smaller is gonna be smaller everywhere.

LOL, and that's why I need to go bra shopping.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I put on a swimsuit this weekend I purchased in my "skinny" days for a cruise with friends--a tankini top in size MEDIUM and a regular bikini bottom in size XL. IT FIT!!! Even though I'm still a good 30 pounds heavier now than I was then, the fact that I could get into it and it fit well enough that I threw it into my bag to go to my mother-in-law's is BIG!!!! I was so excited I probably could have worn it all day long. :wink:
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    on day 5 and although the scale hasn't moved much I have lost an inch in my waist and under my boobs! YAY!
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    Options
    My A1C is 5.7 which puts me as PRE-diabetic, not diabetic anymore! Drop any lower and I will no longer be diabetic!!!

Yes, yes, yes! Awesome victory!
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Bought a jacket to wear for some weddings I'm going to. It was a UK size 10 (US 6)!!!! I've never been that size in my adult life!!
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    Options
    I needed a warmish layer for wind or under my heavier coat, and I found one but I had to go down TWO SIZES from the last time I went shopping to find one that fit right. I was having trouble zipping 24s over my hips and I was swimming in them this time around. The one I bought is a size 20 and buttons without pulling at the buttonholes. I've only lost about five pounds, so this is awesome. :)
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    First, I can actually flex my tricep. Second, when I do that, there's no "wings" to my arms!

I recently realized that I can see my biceps--and my upper arm is curved on top, instead of flab flapping in the breeze below the way it used to. Doing pilates classes once a week has also helped. Kinda shocked to learn that I had muscles under all my fat all these years and never knew it. :)

My other recent NSV was going to the Gap store in Harajuku (the famous fashion area of Tokyo) and finding a pair of cords on sale that fit me--in size 8R. All my life back in Toronto, size 10 was my goal. In the 1970s, when I was in my teens and early 20s, being the "perfect size 10" was the ideal, but today's size 10 seems about equal to the 12s or 13s of back then. Now, my 10s are a bit loose, so I am happy.

Another side note on Japan's sizing: Gap Japan sells jeans only up to sized 8, and I was lucky to find a pair left on the rack. The jean sizes go down from 8, 6 (M), 4 (S), 2, 0 (XS), 00, 000 (XXS) to 0000 (which must be so tiny you can't even see it). They don't bother to stock anything bigger for women! I shop online or buy overseas on holidays. Really looking forward to my next vacation.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    The other day my husband actually commented on how much weight I'd lost, and he's actually agreed to cut out refined carbohydrates for the next 30 days!

This is a HUGE deal for him (he loves bread, pasta and rice), and he's previously been quite critical about my diet... so it's nice to know he's taken notice.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Like! Like! Like! Like!!! Gosh we need like buttons. I'm cheering for everyone! Great NSVs!
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Haha my fiancé won't comment on my weight ever (he says he wouldn't want me to feel that he didn't love my figure if I wasn't able to sustain the weight loss and he loves me at any size) but the other day he couldn't help himself and exclaimed how tiny I was now! I don't always see it myself so it was a great boost. He was still very careful not to praise me for losing weight though haha! I honestly think he doesn't care about my size but I'm sure he won't mind having a hot wife ;-)
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Two years ago at Xmas I got a pair of dress pants that were the wrong size. 36" waist instead or the 38" I had reluctantly started wearing. The 38's are now getting kind of baggy so I thought to grab these brand new slacks and found that they were comfortable and fit great! I had kept them as a promise to myself when I finally got back to a fitter person. Promise delivered!
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I got tired of having to yank my pants up at work, so today I put on a belt and it fit to the last (6th) hole! I had not worn a belt in a long time because it was always in the first or second hole, which was so disheartening.
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    A big Hurray for everyone! Awesome NSV's!!!
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I took a picture with my head angled more than usual so a friend could see my buzz cut. My face...is no longer ROUND. It has angles and stuff.