NSV's

Options

Replies

• parkdad73
    parkdad73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    We pulled out the Wii for the first time in forever it seems and my daughters insisted I modify my Mii (generated likeness character) that I made 4 years ago to be skinny.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    parkdad73 wrote: »
    We pulled out the Wii for the first time in forever it seems and my daughters insisted I modify my Mii (generated likeness character) that I made 4 years ago to be skinny.

That is especially cool
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Lol! Love that one @parkdad73 !
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I went to the movie theater yesterday and without any urges/issues, just had water...while my family all around me indulged in sweets, popcorn and soda.

Also, I am on week three of the C25K program!
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Did a 30 minute workout with Leslie Sansone last night and completed the whole thing. Going to the gym when I sign off. That's a new one for me in months.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Last year the hubby and I went to Jamaica and I had bought some dresses a few months prior I had hoped to get into. Needless to say, I didn't get into all of them and one in particular was the bane of my existence. Well??? Tried that sucker on last night for my granddad's party and it fit perfectly!

Take that scale!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    My pants are falling off! Pretty sure the excess at the bottom is what caused my tumble in the hallway at work today. :neutral:
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    My muffin top, back wrinkle is gone! You know that skin wrinkle you get above the love handles in the back? Well, maybe you don't LOL, but mine is smoothed out. No more wrinkle. :)

I still have extra flab there but it is slowly but surely melting away. :)
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Looking down and seeing a belt buckle instead of shirt buttons under pressure!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Looking down and seeing a belt buckle instead of shirt buttons under pressure!

2X on that one. I have a lot of shirts missing a button or two but they are so huge I still wear them OK around the place as is.

• kasperwasper007
    kasperwasper007 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pardon, but I'm new-ish...what does NSV stand for?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

@kasperwasper007 These are your "Non Scale Victories".
  • GaleHawkins
    edited July 2015
    Options

@kasperwasper007 Thanks for asking because now I know and I am not new. :)

• boohooboo
    boohooboo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1) i have eaten less than 10 grams of sugar every day for over 4 weeks.

2) i have not even tried to invade my kids' chocolates and fritos in the cabinet.

3) i have gone to restaurants without ordering things i can not eat.

4) despite the fact that i am wildly discouraged )week 1, lost 6 pounds, week 2, 1 pound, weeks 3 and 4 -- nothing), i am continuing on, hoping that somehow, i will have something to show for my stick-to-itiveness... i hope!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I found some great new recipes I never would have tried had I not been low carb. Just found that mixing one part mayo to two parts sour cream, a mess of well drained spinach and spices makes a killer dip. I thought I had ruined it using frozen whole leaf spinach instead of cut, but some ppl here has the idea to throw in in the food processor and it's even better and looks better than the original recipe photo (it's all green now).
  • boohooboo
    boohooboo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I found some great new recipes I never would have tried had I not been low carb. Just found that mixing one part mayo to two parts sour cream, a mess of well drained spinach and spices makes a killer dip. I thought I had ruined it using frozen whole leaf spinach instead of cut, but some ppl here has the idea to throw in in the food processor and it's even better and looks better than the original recipe photo (it's all green now).

very cool! i wonder how that will work if i mess around with my tried and true spinach dip

http://www.hellmanns.com/recipes/detail/9278/3/hellmann-s-creamy-spinach-dip
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    boohooboo wrote: »

very cool! i wonder how that will work if i mess around with my tried and true spinach dip

http://www.hellmanns.com/recipes/detail/9278/3/hellmann-s-creamy-spinach-dip

Yup! That's the recipe I used only I tweaked it. I used 1/2 c mayo, 1 c sour cream, the full 10 oz spinach tho, and only 1/2 the pkt.

The pkt is really high in unwanted carbs but it came free with my mayo yesterday so I'm using it. When I make this in the future tho I'm going to use my own veggies and spices devoid of the potato starch they add to the mix. That totally is not necessary. It still comes out to four carbs a serving (1/8 of my recipe). So, I basically just doubled the spinach and halved the mix. Oh, I also left out the water chestnuts and onions. Totally yummy as is, IMO. Here's the color. q3nd5fkbev1m.jpg
  • SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My pants were also falling off today. It was annoying but what a great problem to have!!!
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    boohooboo wrote: »
    1) i have eaten less than 10 grams of sugar every day for over 4 weeks.

2) i have not even tried to invade my kids' chocolates and fritos in the cabinet.

3) i have gone to restaurants without ordering things i can not eat.

4) despite the fact that i am wildly discouraged )week 1, lost 6 pounds, week 2, 1 pound, weeks 3 and 4 -- nothing), i am continuing on, hoping that somehow, i will have something to show for my stick-to-itiveness... i hope!

Hey check your waist size and other measurements. I lost inches for the first 6 weeks and not one pound. Remember limiting sugar while important it is your total carbs that is you only real concern if you want to eat very LCHF.