NSV's

Options

Replies

• jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I just love reading all of these....wonder if those in 'other ' groups have such dramatic and positive NSV's that we all relate to and enjoy!!! Lol, here's mine.....for ages I used to catch my side view in the mirror and my stomach always stuck out much further than my bust......as though I was about to give birth (@58 not a chance,lol) and now......they are just about equal!! I'm waiting to post when my bust sticks out farther than my belly!!!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    First, I can actually flex my tricep. Second, when I do that, there's no "wings" to my arms!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I wore a cute little dress to a wedding today that was a size large! I started at 4x and don't remember the last time I wore large anything!
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. I was looking around for a "success stories" thread specifically for low carb way of eating, this is very encouraging. :)
  • parkdad73
    parkdad73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I agree sleep apnea is a killer that will seriously take one out if not addressed.

It is also an intimacy killer too since there is no sexy way to take off a CPAP mask. Unless your significant other has a Darth Vadar fetish.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have 2 from the grocery store the other day, first, I had to take a second glance at my reflection in the freezer section door(didn't recognize my silhouette) and second the cashier asked what happened to me and that my face was so small. Made me feel like all this hard work is paying off!!!
  • robinred2
    robinred2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Not popping buttons off my shirt or looking for the Widest booths when eating out is awesome. Down 40 pounds with 35 to go. Even though my weight has not dropped in a while I am still going down in size. Normally by now I would have had regained all that I had lost plus gained more. For me to not to be regaining is a huge victory. Being 64 I fully understand this may be my last shot to recover from some health issues by only changing my eating and moving lifestyle. I do not take any Rx's and plan to keep it that way. Most of you are much younger. Please stay with the low carb way so when you get 64 you will not be trying to pull out of a nose dive at 1000 foot.

I hear you, I'm 74. After all these years of yo yo and mostly on the upside; I found LCHF. I have diabetus and have lost 60# . I am struggling right now with a gain of 3 pounds. I have been messing around for the last 5 months and if I don't want to be back on meds, I have to get control. Today is day 3 of journaling and staying on LCHF. I can already tell it's getting easier again. However I know one bite of extra carbage is all it would take now. So consistancy is certainly what I need.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I came across some pictures of me from December 2012, 6 weeks after my daughter was born. I had walked up a mountain with my husband and had him take some pictures of me. I looked absolutely hideous. So huge, sloppy, my skin was horrendous and I don't ever remember being so BIG! I was another 10kg bigger than that at the start of this year too! My face was an awful colour and my hair looked limp and greasy. My face was covered in dry spots.

How is this a victory, you say? Well I keep feeling like I don't look any different but this has made me realise that I look way better already (-29.5kg). My skin has been so lovely since low carb that I almost never wear makeup. My hair is glossy, and I look a million times better. I can't even believe that sad, sloppy lady was even me. I feel so sorry for her.
  • AreteAndWhimsy
    AreteAndWhimsy Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So when I started LCHF three weeks ago, my skin absolutely fell apart. I have some mostly dormant chronic subheorric dermatitis, which when it is bad it makes the skin at my hairline, eyebrows, nose, and breastbone irritated, scaly, and flaking. It's messy too, like really icky face dandruff. Charming, no?

I often get big flares if I change my diet or when the weather changes or humidity changes, and I have quite sensitive and dry skin otherwise, so I just hunkered down to wait it out.

And after yesterday's shower, it all scrubbed away and now I have the softest, most healthy, moisturised skin, everywhere. It is magical and unreal just how soft it is and how healthy it feels. I usually have a few small persistent patches even when my skin is calm, but you can't see them at all. I just keep touching my face! It's awesome!

Man, I hope this is a consistent side effect.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Arete, I think it is because of the higher fat in your diet. I am just 1.5 weeks in and my hair and nails feel different. I have fine, straight hair that always laid completely flat on my head. Now it seems to have more volume. And my fingernails are very shiny where before they were dull.

I don't have a working scale right now, so all of my V's are NSV's until I get a new scale. And, as I said, I have only been doing this for 1.5 weeks..... but you know the little cushion of fat on the inside of your knee, where the thigh meets the knee? It is like gone. It doesn't seem like fat is going off my belly where I need it to, but I'll take it as proof that what I'm doing is working.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @deksgrl, have you measured yourself? I recommend it. Continues the victory when a scale isn't moving.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I haven't measured lately, and not since I started this woe.
  • Japkoo
    Japkoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I fit in a bridesmaid dress from 10 years ago.....before I had 2 kids. Never thought I would ever fit in it again :)

I went shopping last Friday and couldn't believe I am a size 6 pants and actually bought a size small shirt...and of course some much needed "cute" bras.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Measure for the first two months more than you focus on the scales readout. I am 8 months into LCHF and staying in some level of ketosis. Kick the Carbs and inhale the Fats for two months and most all will burn the Carb bridge for life or at least that is how I feel about LCHF. :)
  • deksgrl
    Options
    @GaleHawkins - I'm not far from goal weight, about 10-15 pounds. For the last couple of years, I have been using measurements as more of an indicator than scale. I only started doing LCHF because my significant other's doctor recommended that he do it for health reasons. Amazingly to me, I started feeling better after a couple of days, my hormones were messed up so bad I didn't even realize it. Probably insulin resistant. For me, I don't think I can go back even if I wanted to, and I don't want to go back to feeling awful again. I think my every day before LCHF for the last year was so awful that I didn't even notice any withdrawals or LC flu when I began.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Last week for Healthcare Week we were given goodie bags with movie passes, candy, and microwave popcorn. I just realized that the popcorn and candy are still sitting on my entry table. Two months ago a box of Butterfinger bites wouldn't have even made it home, much less sit there for a week untouched. I have no idea what to do with them now.

I also realized this morning I haven't had any sleep apnea symptoms since I started this. I've never been diagnosed, because it only happened occasionally, but now it's gone!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    Arete, I think it is because of the higher fat in your diet. I am just 1.5 weeks in and my hair and nails feel different. I have fine, straight hair that always laid completely flat on my head. Now it seems to have more volume. And my fingernails are very shiny where before they were dull.

I don't have a working scale right now, so all of my V's are NSV's until I get a new scale. And, as I said, I have only been doing this for 1.5 weeks..... but you know the little cushion of fat on the inside of your knee, where the thigh meets the knee? It is like gone. It doesn't seem like fat is going off my belly where I need it to, but I'll take it as proof that what I'm doing is working.

I call them fat pads (the fat behind my knee), and I'm so excited that mine is much smaller than it was a couple months ago! My husband keeps feeling them and commenting on how much smaller I've gotten....
  • radonskies
    radonskies Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I walked 11,616 steps! That's the highest number since I started tracking my walking in March.
  • SazzySuze
    SazzySuze Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ooooo..I finally have one! ! Lol. My ring is loose on my finger. I can twirl it around on my finger now. Very small NSV but I'll still take it!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    Dude at work says today, "Is it just me or have you lost alot of weight since working here?" Lady at the other register, who also works there, jumps in with, "She has, and I want to know here secret!"

lol

Also, I need to go down another size in my work shirt, and I dropped another hole on my belt.