NSV's

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    I love cooking and I watch the food network like a religion. Unfortunately seeing all that yummy food usually sends me straight to the fridge. Today I watched it most of the day without once going get a snack. I even managed a 16hr IF. That's never happened before.

That's a huge NSV!! We stopped watching Food Network because it always made us go find take out somewhere..

NPR did a story about a study done by some dietitians that looked at people who watch cooking shows.... The takeaway was that watching a lot of cooking shows led to weight gain. Imagine that.
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    oh - thought of two more:

i feel more energized and motivated to work out
    i eat out less (less desperate hypoglycemic can't be troubled to cook drive-thru nights)
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    I got called a skinny mini when we were putting together costumes. Apparently I see myself as big enough that some of my stuff should have fit other people, and that was definitely NOT the case.
  • tmdalton849
    oh yeah - and i pulled one of my favorite button downs out of the spring/summer box and tried it on - fits just fine in the arms and bust for the first time in years!
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Sajyana wrote: »
    <3 The lovin' is better. <3

Sajyana! I was looking for a polite way to say exactly that!! Woot!

So that being said, my other NSV, I can sit on my knees now!! My partner is very minimalist, barefoot runner (with shoes, long story) very much into biomechanist approach to living. So... we don't have furniture. Easy for him. But now I can sit on my knees and not just (uncomfortably) on my butt! Yahoo!
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    great thread!

i fall asleep easily and wake up with energy
    i don't lose my patience and snap at my kid
    my pms has lessened
    i'm rarely if ever super hungry and never hangry
    shopping takes less time & less $$
    i feel more calm & even keel
    i feel more positive
    my clothes feel more comfortable
    i am starting to see some muscle definition
    i can wear wedges without hip/knee pain
    my bunion is lessening
    i don't crave food like a maniac
    i can say no to refined carbs easily
    concentration is improving
    i am kicking caffeine

it's been a month!

wow!! What awesomeness going on there! Good on ya!
  • tmdalton849
    gsp90x wrote: »
    great thread!

i fall asleep easily and wake up with energy
    i don't lose my patience and snap at my kid
    my pms has lessened
    i'm rarely if ever super hungry and never hangry
    shopping takes less time & less $$
    i feel more calm & even keel
    i feel more positive
    my clothes feel more comfortable
    i am starting to see some muscle definition
    i can wear wedges without hip/knee pain
    my bunion is lessening
    i don't crave food like a maniac
    i can say no to refined carbs easily
    concentration is improving
    i am kicking caffeine

it's been a month!

wow!! What awesomeness going on there! Good on ya!

thanks!!
  • Quatroux
    Quatroux Posts: 51 Member
    The current blood pressure thread on this forum reminds me of a recent trip i had to the cardiologist. It was my annual visit with my longtime doctor. His nurse took my vitals and then she took them again - with a worried look on her face. My resting heart rate was in the 40's (about 20 BPM less than last year)! Something must be wrong!

Well, it turns out that all of my hard work and clean living was the cause. I have been working out with increasing intensity for over 3 years. I guess the results are materializing. A resting heart rate in the 40s is normal for a fit athlete - two words I haven't been able to use to describe myself before this point. All is well. I have no physical ailment causing this low heart rate. I am just, finally, in pretty good shape.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    My calorie levels are starting to drop now that my appetite has leveled out.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    My husband, Bless him, brought not one, but TWO bars of the hand made turkish delight in milk chocolate that he knows I love. I looked at them and said, "I just joined the April challenge. It was a lovely thought. How about we put them away until May?" Which he did.

The biggest victory: I didn't even want to eat them. In the past, I would have had them out of his hands faster than the Flash and eaten an entire bar in one sitting.
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Quatroux wrote: »
    The current blood pressure thread on this forum reminds me of a recent trip i had to the cardiologist. It was my annual visit with my longtime doctor. His nurse took my vitals and then she took them again - with a worried look on her face. My resting heart rate was in the 40's (about 20 BPM less than last year)! Something must be wrong!

Well, it turns out that all of my hard work and clean living was the cause. I have been working out with increasing intensity for over 3 years. I guess the results are materializing. A resting heart rate in the 40s is normal for a fit athlete - two words I haven't been able to use to describe myself before this point. All is well. I have no physical ailment causing this low heart rate. I am just, finally, in pretty good shape.

That's awesome!!!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    dessiepenn wrote: »
    Quatroux wrote: »

That's awesome!!!

That is majorly awesome. :smiley:
  • tmdalton849
    i posted these on the april challenge thread too but:

walked out of the panadería today with a box full of pastry (for my students) and hadn't the slightest urge to take a bite!

same with my kiddo's easter basket from our landlords - gave her one piece of chocolate, put the rest in the cupboard and carried on.

freedom!
  • tmdalton849
    KeithF6250 wrote: »
    I'm not sure but I think I'll count this as a NSV. This morning as my wife was taking my donated clothes to her hospital's "emergency closet" I said I would do the same thing with warm weather clothes if it ever warms up. She said good she had seen some cute clothes in the men's sections this spring. Clothes are not really my thing but I don't recall cute, clothes and me used in the same sentence before.

that's pretty dang adorable.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    edited April 2015
    After not even being able to do 5 minutes on the elliptical three months ago, I am now up to 30! And was able to increase the weight on three different sets of weightlifting :smiley:

How awesome is this?? You, young lady are amazing.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Glucose levels are awesome....below 120 for 7/14/30 day averages. woot.

Almost "pantsed" myself in whole foods the other night...i stepped on my own cuff because they were hanging so low.
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    nill4me wrote: »

Almost "pantsed" myself in whole foods the other night...i stepped on my own cuff because they were hanging so low.

Lol....nice!!!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    nill4me wrote: »

Yay on the blood work!!! Whoa!! On the unintentional almost mooning of Whole Foods LOL!