NSV's

Options

Replies

• Quatroux
    Quatroux Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't faze the crowd at Whole Foods. They are too busy reading labels, drinking wine/beer samples, and arguing with the deli lady.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    nill4me wrote: »
    Glucose levels are awesome....below 120 for 7/14/30 day averages. woot.

Almost "pantsed" myself in whole foods the other night...i stepped on my own cuff because they were hanging so low.

Just LOL'd and the people in the hall outside my office are looking at me. Great job on the blood work, though.
  • ibetty55
    ibetty55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think my most noteworthy NSV is that for the first time in 5 years I can slip on and off my wedding rings! Haven't worn them all that time because had to take them off (big problem and had to get another ring cut off) for oral surgery and couldn't get them back on.
  • parkdad73
    parkdad73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ibetty55 wrote: »
    I think my most noteworthy NSV is that for the first time in 5 years I can slip on and off my wedding rings! Haven't worn them all that time because had to take them off (big problem and had to get another ring cut off) for oral surgery and couldn't get them back on.

Similar thing here. My wife and I had to switch our rings to our middle fingers and when someone notices they think we're having marital difficulties.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Finally got my VAP (lipid panel) results (after 2 friggin weeks): I no longer have any of the markers for metabolic syndrome. HDL is up, TG is down, and my LDL looks fine (big and fluffy). :)
  • Quatroux
    Quatroux Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    parkdad73 wrote: »
    ibetty55 wrote: »

Similar thing here. My wife and I had to switch our rings to our middle fingers and when someone notices they think we're having marital difficulties.

LOL
    I can relate. I switched my ring to the other hand so it would stay on. That seemed to bother my wife. I switched it back and started lifting weights so I have a callous right by my ring that keeps it on.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    Finally got my VAP (lipid panel) results (after 2 friggin weeks): I no longer have any of the markers for metabolic syndrome. HDL is up, TG is down, and my LDL looks fine (big and fluffy). :)

Brilliant!!!

• wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Wabmester--Excellent! It's so great to get good news.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It's good to be normal. :) Now the hard part -- keeping the numbers in the normal range long term.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Dan the Man! B)
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Had a super SUPER stressful day, but gave in to no cravings!
  • parkdad73
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    Just had a big NSV. Last night, I went to Walmart.

YAHOOO! It wasn't tight! Down 2 shirt sizes since last year!

I enjoy not having to pay the extra 2$!
  • parkdad73
    Options
    I can fit into my 14 year old son's clothes!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    XL is a great NSV! I bought some XL tops this past weekend, and they fit perfectly! So happy for you Dan!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Twice in the last two days friends have made comments on the weight I have lost. I still don't see it much, so it's nice to hear that something must be happening!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    For the first time in forever I didn't stress eat. I have a major test coming up tomorrow, and my boyfriend of over a year just broke up with me, still didn't reach for the food, in fact I couldn't eat at all.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    For the first time in forever I didn't stress eat. I have a major test coming up tomorrow, and my boyfriend of over a year just broke up with me, still didn't reach for the food, in fact I couldn't eat at all.

*hugs*
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I'm paranoid about measuring tapes getting near my body, but I finally did some measuring last week. My waist is 1/2 inch smaller today. Whaddaya know. :)