NSV's

Options

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,479 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    I did my second closet clean-out.

:smiley: Go Nic!! Are you going to have a spree when you hit goal?

I'm not much of a clothes person and both my current job and my actual profession require a uniform (khakis and work issued polo for now, scrubs for my actual career). My closet will definitely expand though, once I feel comfortable where I am at and confident I will stay there.

For now, my wardrobe is: four pairs of shorts(1 athletic, 1 jean, 2 cargo), 5 t-shirts, 3 bras, about a dozen pairs of underwear, about the same of socks, a belt, my work uniform and two pairs of scrubs (for school). The athletic shorts, one of the t-shirts and both my scrub tops are a little bit big, but not so much as to be an issue.

• kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I fit into clothes again.

Now this may seem like a given, but I refuse to buy over a certain size pants. Once those don't fit, it's time for me to get to business.
    When I started out the year, I was pushing the whole "leggings are not pants" rule. Yesterday I had to go out, so I grabbed a skirt and it was on the big side, so I tried on other clothes. They are starting to fit again.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Music to my ears: "Those pants are looking baggy" (from my husband). :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    My husband telling me how good I look in my new size pants!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Way to go radiii ! Thanks for the update. Next time will be better.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    The NSV isn't my own, but my husband's! He started following my lead (slightly modified) almost a month ago, and this morning in bed I put my arm over his side and noticed there was significantly less of him than there used to be! I also notice this when we hug! He's not using the scale or measuring tape, so NSVs are his primary Vs! He cleaned out the closet yesterday and I have four huge bags in the car for donation!
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've always had bad nails that break easily. My finger nails are now hard and look great!! Is this common amongst keto/ lchf?
  • dessiepenn
    Options
    The NSV isn't my own, but my husband's! He started following my lead (slightly modified) almost a month ago, and this morning in bed I put my arm over his side and noticed there was significantly less of him than there used to be! I also notice this when we hug! He's not using the scale or measuring tape, so NSVs are his primary Vs! He cleaned out the closet yesterday and I have four huge bags in the car for donation!

Good for him!!
  • dessiepenn
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    My husband telling me how good I look in my new size pants!

Aww...I bet that feels great.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    radiii wrote: »
    radiii wrote: »
    I had a nice conversation with an attractive woman and started thinking about asking her out. Haven't done it yet, the final class is next Monday, might do it then (or might not, social anxiety is a pain).

Thanks for those who said nice things about this one last week :)

Followup, I DID IT. She's seeing someone (or used that as an excuse to say no, but I'm ok either way, all good). But I'm gonna go ahead and call finding the guts to follow through and ask another NSV. Also, holy crap its been a really long time since I've asked someone out face to face, was it this terrifying when I was 21, which, I realize, is the last time I actually did something like this, since I met the ex-wife via online dating??

That took so much guts. Congrats. Sorry she said no. Maybe she really was seeing someone. Next time you ask someone, maybe you'll get a yes.. :smile:
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    dessiepenn wrote: »
    I've always had bad nails that break easily. My finger nails are now hard and look great!! Is this common amongst keto/ lchf?

Yup! At least for me. Stronger, lusher, fuller hair, too. And someone was asking about keto affecting grays on another thread? Didn't think much about it until I realized this a.m. that I am loooooooooooooonnnnnnnngggggggg overdue for the "temporary" 28 wash kind of rinses that camouflage the few I have. This is good news. ;-)
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Today I put on my tightest jeans that still let me breath and move and they're loose. I also didn't give in to the home made Italian wedding cake someone brought in.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My skin is smooth and soft now. It was al bumpy and dry before low carb.

I've had carpal tunnel in my right wrist for 4.5 years and just realised I haven't felt it for at least 6 weeks yesterday.
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    tru2one wrote: »
    dessiepenn wrote: »

Yup! At least for me. Stronger, lusher, fuller hair, too. And someone was asking about keto affecting grays on another thread? Didn't think much about it until I realized this a.m. that I am loooooooooooooonnnnnnnngggggggg overdue for the "temporary" 28 wash kind of rinses that camouflage the few I have. This is good news. ;-)

Yes to the finger nails! Also, I've noticed that my hair is shiner and softer. Less hair product? Healthier long hair and nails? YES! This is a huge deal for me as I used to swim competitively, and have never had naturally nice hair or finger nails because of the chlorine!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    @Fat4Fuel2 it was probably just as much the water as the chlorine! "Never shower naked" is something I've heard said a lot in the nail polish community. Water can make your nails split and peel or chip!

My nails are definitely getting stronger (they had a BAD winter), though I still wash all these dishes (from ALL these home-cooked meals!) with kitchen gloves on.

My NSV to report today is actually something I noticed a while ago but it didn't occur to me that it was an NSV: Sometimes I leave the forward-facing camera mode on in my phone, and it used to make me reel in terror to suddenly see my face looking back at me when I meant to photograph something in front of me, or sometimes I use Photobooth on my MacBook to snap photos from a USB microscope but it uses my laptop's Facetime camera instead. Now, it happens and I just go, "whoops!" and switch that off. That's a BIG deal for me!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    I've had a kind of surprising thing happen. While submitting a claim to my auto insurance ( someone rear ended me the other day), I had reason to take my driver's license out of my wallet and could hardly recognize my own face in the picture taken 3 -4 years ago. I was 72 pounds heavier back then. I know this is actually a scale victory...but although I know I am wearing smaller sized clothing, I had not realized really, how I look. I live in the dark ages, with no smart phone or camera, so I don't really have photos of myself. So I was quite startled to see myself with all that extra weight on my face....and to recognize the difference in myself now for real. Now I can hardly wait to see my next driver's license photo in the future.......then I will have tangible evidence of the change.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Today at the gym I remembered how when I first started using the elliptical machine I could barely last 5 minutes, and I would feel sick after that. Now I'm able to go much longer, and even have to increase the level in order to break a sweat!!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,479 Member
    Options
    I was telling my clinical instructor that it was funny that my expired hospital ID still worked for charging supplies, sending tubes back to pharmacy, etc and she looked at the picture and blurted "That's you?"
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My NSV include no joint pain, getting through my exercise routine without having to take a break, and less digestive discomfort (sorry... ykwim). When I feel like chucking it all and eating whatever, I remember how it makes me feel.