NSV's

Options

Replies

• annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am terrified of the scale so I read your pain.
    Then when something fits better, I don't trust that it might not be in my imagination
    Terrible place to get stuck.
    Talk about a long journey.
    I want someone to say something. "oh, you've lost weight.
    We'll see. Not giving up.
    My butcher eats the same; recommends meat cuts and butter brands. He eats veggies . Right now, nada for me. Trusting Goat
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Not popping buttons off my shirt or looking for the Widest booths when eating out is awesome. Down 40 pounds with 35 to go. Even though my weight has not dropped in a while I am still going down in size. Normally by now I would have had regained all that I had lost plus gained more. For me to not to be regaining is a huge victory. Being 64 I fully understand this may be my last shot to recover from some health issues by only changing my eating and moving lifestyle. I do not take any Rx's and plan to keep it that way. Most of you are much younger. Please stay with the low carb way so when you get 64 you will not be trying to pull out of a nose dive at 1000 foot.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    oyadancing wrote: »
    I love everyone's NSVs, so encouraging.

I admit, I'm a recovering binge shopper, and I love a sale. I used to have the lousy habit of buying clothes without trying them on, hoping they would fit rather than being disappointed in the dressing room when they didn't. Plus, I felt shame (I know, that's crazy) if they didn't fit at home, so I wouldn't return them.

Last weekend, I found two dresses I bought several years ago that clearly didn't fit then, but I hoped that maybe I could actually someday, with wishes and magic plus foundation garments, squeeze myself into them. I was about to put them in the giveaway bag, then decided to try them on. Not only did they fit me well - and here's the part that gets to me - I liked how I looked in them.

Shopping in the closet is so much fun. Not only did I add to my wardrobe, I got a bit of myself back.

Everything about this post, I love and can relate to! (Especially the nit returning things due to "shame") I recently went shopping in my own closet and came back with three pairs of jeans, two tops and a dress!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    dessiepenn wrote: »
    I've always had bad nails that break easily. My finger nails are now hard and look great!! Is this common amongst keto/ lchf?

I swear mine are growing slower since on keto.

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    I've had a kind of surprising thing happen. While submitting a claim to my auto insurance ( someone rear ended me the other day), I had reason to take my driver's license out of my wallet and could hardly recognize my own face in the picture taken 3 -4 years ago. I was 72 pounds heavier back then. I know this is actually a scale victory...but although I know I am wearing smaller sized clothing, I had not realized really, how I look. I live in the dark ages, with no smart phone or camera, so I don't really have photos of myself. So I was quite startled to see myself with all that extra weight on my face....and to recognize the difference in myself now for real. Now I can hardly wait to see my next driver's license photo in the future.......then I will have tangible evidence of the change.

Ditto that Kitn. I am 77 down and my drivers license pic looks like an inflated ballon. I'm so vain, I am thinking about getting a new one cause my pic is so gross looking....

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    I've had a kind of surprising thing happen. While submitting a claim to my auto insurance ( someone rear ended me the other day), I had reason to take my driver's license out of my wallet and could hardly recognize my own face in the picture taken 3 -4 years ago. I was 72 pounds heavier back then. I know this is actually a scale victory...but although I know I am wearing smaller sized clothing, I had not realized really, how I look. I live in the dark ages, with no smart phone or camera, so I don't really have photos of myself. So I was quite startled to see myself with all that extra weight on my face....and to recognize the difference in myself now for real. Now I can hardly wait to see my next driver's license photo in the future.......then I will have tangible evidence of the change.

Ditto that Kitn. I am 77 down and my drivers license pic looks like an inflated ballon. I'm so vain, I am thinking about getting a new one cause my pic is so gross looking....

Man, you should see my passport photo. If you tied a string to me I would float to the ceiling I am so bloated and fat. I can't wait to get to a decent weight and I will definitely spend the massive amount (I think £92 ie well over $100) to get it changed as I hate it so much! I am so vain, I probably think anyone else cares!

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I wanted a pair of khaki pants to wear with a navy shirt I got yesterday, but the two pairs of 'bigger' pants I own are a little worn out. I grabbed a pair of skinny pants that I got the last time I lost a bunch of weight, which wouldn't even go over my calves the last time I tried. Slid right on!
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I wanted a pair of khaki pants to wear with a navy shirt I got yesterday, but the two pairs of 'bigger' pants I own are a little worn out. I grabbed a pair of skinny pants that I got the last time I lost a bunch of weight, which wouldn't even go over my calves the last time I tried. Slid right on!

Well now that's a happy surprise for the morning! Yay for you, octobubbles!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Can't believe a driver's license costs $100 to renew. Ours, in Mississippi, are $21. Whew, I would wait until it's time to renew for that amount of money! Good grief! You in the UK?
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Can't believe a driver's license costs $100 to renew. Ours, in Mississippi, are $21. Whew, I would wait until it's time to renew for that amount of money! Good grief! You in the UK?

I think she meant passport.
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I got a new one. A couple of years back my hubby bought me a lovely dress for my birthday. I wore it for maybe 3 months before it got too small. Ok i admit i picked a tight size in the hope that I'd diet and fit into it. That didnt work of course :# One of my goals was to wear it on my birthday this year as a surprise to hubby. Guess who was surprised when it fit perfectly this morning and my birthday is still three months away! !
  • totaloblivia
    Options

I think she meant passport.
    I even said passport as a subtle clue! But, yes, it is a lot.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Sorry, missed that!
  • bikerchick2012
    bikerchick2012 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Buying motorcycle trousers a size smaller and then having to send them back beacuase they are too lose
  • robinred2
    robinred2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What is NSV?
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory. Maybe you haven't lose weight, but have noticed something which is evidence of success, such as your clothes feeling looser.
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    Sorry, missed that!
    don't worry, my tongue firmly in cheek!
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I almost "pantsed" myself at the TSA checkpoint this morning. I may have to rethink my travel wardrobe.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    KeithF6250 wrote: »
    I almost "pantsed" myself at the TSA checkpoint this morning. I may have to rethink my travel wardrobe.

Whoa -- I didn't even think about that. I have become heavily reliant on my belt. They should issue special low-carb belt waivers for us. :)