Daily check in

Options

Replies

• dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Can you explain what piyo is? You talk scout it frequently and now I'm intrigued.
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I didn't start my round on a Monday so I did total cardio fix today. Thought it would be easier this time around but not really!! It did seem to go by faster though. When we started the cooldown I was surprised we were already there!
  • nables73
    nables73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @blantondwb Good for you! Small changes are great when starting a new eating/workout regimen. You did the smart thing and just did the best you can. As long as you keep moving and make small changes in your diet you will feel stronger and feel better!
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I've been gone for a week with a nasty upper respiratory infection. I haven't really moved since Monday trying to kick it. My food went to crap too, but i managed to only gain 0.3 Pounds, so I consider myself lucky.

I'm getting back on the horse today though, tracking my containers and i will try a workout tonight. I think I'm going to try total body cardio and I'll do lower fix tomorrow before jumping back into the insanity schedule Monday. I hope my lungs don't explode! I just can't sit on my bum any longer - i really don't want to completely reverse everything I did for the past month!

Sounds like everyone is doing well! Keep it up!
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Scale was down .7 today. Hoping for just a bit more tomorrow since it's day 21! I'm definitely going right into round 2 with no break. Next week will be a bit challenging because I have several very detailed cake orders and when I'm super busy I have a bad habit of not stopping to eat. So I'm going to spend tomorrow night preparing some meals so I don't have to worry about stopping too long. Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 PiYo is another beachbody program that's supposed to be a fusions of Pilates and Yoga. Now, don't get me wrong; I'm enjoying the workouts. But Pilates &/or yoga it ain't. I really need to write a review for it but my motivation has been off lately.

Here's the official website: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/piyo-workout.do

My husband got it for me for my birthday because I was so sad to see how much flexibility I had lost when I was doing 21 Day Fix. My coach suggested this as a program that would help with that. If nothing else, it's helping me to sweat, a lot!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Started the day with about a 5.5 mile run, then did day 13 with my bf - dirty 30. Ended the fitness part of my day with a nice vinyasa yoga flow at my studio ☺️
  • cindip63
    cindip63 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wrapping up week 2 tomorrow, Dirty 30 today so looking forward to yoga tomorrow! Dropped another pound, was worried cause the scale didn't move all week, but I'm definitely losing inches. Down 5 pounds. Tonight might be a challenge. I have purposely avoided going out the last 2 weeks but it's dinner tonight with friends, pasta is on the menu. Will wisely load up on salad and limit the pasta along with my allowance of wine. Actually, which is the better of the two, diet tonic with vodka or red wine?
  • hispraiseinme
    hispraiseinme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined the group. Glad to have found it. I'm going to be starting this next week. Anyone else starting?
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @michellemybelll Truly, you put my 1.5 hours of sweating to shame. Inspiring!

@cindip63 Depends on your goal. Any carbonated mixed drink will give you a faster/stronger buzz than a glass of wine.

@hispraiseinme I am starting Round 3 on Monday.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    85w2v5jtf7gx.jpg

Theses are
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    What the . . .? I tired to post something using the app. You can see how "well" that worked. Okay. Whatever. I'm done trying to share pics on MFP. Follow me on Instagram or google+ if you want to see pics. BTW, the picture was of my Snug Jeans which I now have to call my Baggy Snug Jeans because they are getting loose on me.

Round 2 Day 21

PiYo was a strength interval workout with a bit of cardio interspersed with strength (squats, lunges, push-ups) so I decided to flip my workouts and do PiYo before I did Yoga Fix. Brilliant choice on my part! I was able to sweat my way through PiYo and luxuriate in stretching through 21DF!

Today is my last day of the 3 Day Quick Fix so tomorrow I'll be sharing my official stats (weight/inches lost). Today is also my weekly weigh-in and I already know that tomorrow's stats will be brilliant.

Have a great Sunday everyone! I'll catch up with you later!

• michellemybelll
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @SatiaRenee I have yoga fix today too! Probably luxuriate in it after a harder workout before too - good plan! :smile:

Hey what's your Instagram btw? Would love to follow!
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Did upper fix today. *flex lol
    What lb weights does everyone use? I use 5 and 10s but the 10s get brutal with this workout. I think I need to invest in some 8s. I think 5lbs between the two may be too big of a jump.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @michellemybelll I'm SatiaRenee there too. I like to keep things simple.

@venuila I am using 3&5 but I'll be bumping it up to 5&8 for my third round. The ideal increase, believe it or not, is a mere 10%. That means you should only go from 5 to 5.5 lbs. Have you ever seen 7.5 weights? Yeah. Neither have I.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I'll look you up on Instagram too!

I'm on round two day 7. Crappy first week. I followed the program to a T and have zero results. Granted it's that time of the month, I'm still really disappointed :-(. But at least I'm not up for the whole week right? I hope week two shows me something. I need someone to drive more motivation

Yoga today but I'm feeling like I need more of a cardio burn too. Ugh!
  • sechristian3
    sechristian3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did Lower Fix and I'm contemplating Pilates Fix bc I skipped yesterday. My allergies are so bad right now though that I don't want to do anything!

@venuila I use 5 & 8 for my weights.

@dkwi04 it is the WORST when you don't have any results. That is always why I have just given up before. Not this time! I'm sure you still see something this week. Good luck!
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    Cool! I'll look you up and follow you @SatiaRenee :smile: mine is: @michellebbelle :smile:

Well today is day 14, and I got in a quick 7 mile run before doing yoga fix this morning :happy:
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Day 5 for me. Trying not to weigh until the 22nd day. I can already see a difference in my stomach and mood! :)
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Round 2 Day #8

A bit depressed with week one results, but I am going to get over that today and push harder this week. I lost .4 pounds - I didn't really take measurements, but there wasn't a huge loss there either :( But I feel good and I am looking much better.

I ran a couple time this weekend (2 miles Saturday - 3 miles Sunday) which felt great, I use to run all the time! I am going to try to add a few running sessions a week. And add in more ab workouts, I think I did it once last week - shooting for at least 3 this week.

My brother is starting his second round today - and my sister in law is on board too - so I will have some extra motivation.