Daily check in

Options

Replies

• cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well the scale moved today....but in the wrong direction. I'm up another .4. Could be because Aunt Flo is due to arrive in a few days. But I still hate seeing the number go up. I said I wasn't going to do it but I did one measurement on my stomach just to see if there's any change and I lost 2 inches! So now I feel better about the scale.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Awesome job ladies!!!

I really am so thankful I did the measurements. It really helps motivate when the scale isn't friendly. Shaping our bodies
  • cupcake570
    Options
    I spent about 4 hours in the car today picking up my daughter from college and bringing her home. Then another two sitting watching my son coach volleyball and another hour at dinner. Was determined to get cardio fix in so at 10:30 pm while everyone else was parked on the couch I was working out. Felt great and I'm glad I got it in. Going kayaking on a lake tomorrow so Dirty 30 will be another evening workout.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @cupcake570 I can't even wrap my mind around the idea of exercising at 10:30 at night. I'm a die hard morning workout person, I guess.

Did Dirty 30 today and decided to use my "heavy" weights for the tricep kickbacks because I haven't felt anything in my arms all week. Followed that with PiYo Sweat. I was better able to keep up. Not sure if it's because I am getting stronger or the workout is more familiar. Possibly a bit of both.

My friends are coming by later today to go for a walk around my neighborhood. I hope the weather doesn't change up on us. And that will be my exercise for the day, I think. I really did a lot yesterday because I had the time and inclination but I deserve a bit of a break and I won't be getting one tomorrow. Plus, to be frank, I didn't even want to exercise today. But I figured I sometimes have to do things I don't want to do to get the results I am after.
  • cupcake570
    Options
    @SatiaRenee I've always been a night owl. Not an early bird by any means. With working from home and staying up late to complete orders (I get my best work done when everyone is sleeping), I have the option of getting up when I want.
  • cupcake570
    Options
    Oh and the scale went down....right back to the number I've been stuck at all week. Seriously? Lol
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just did day 6 workout: dirty 30 ! Hitting up a yoga sesh in a bit, and keeping my nutrition on point! :smile:
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Round one. Day twenty.

Almost there!

Last double today - dirty 30 and Pilates fix. Boy do I hate that side series. Ugh! I feel so weak.

Just one more day of the 3DQF. Phew! I'm craving my yogurt and fruit bad!! And have I mentioned how much I hate drinking the EVCO? Yuck!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 It's that side series that kills me every time. I finally decided to do fewer reps and try to build up the the ten that are on the DVD.

I didn't really mind the coconut oil. One teaspoon went down fast enough. Then I'd just eat the rest of the food. You could try drizzling it on our veggies, if you find it that distasteful.
  • CreekGal
    CreekGal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So glad I found you people in here.! I am on round 1 day 5 and since I'm currently so out of shape I am on the highest bracket of containers and I am having trouble eating all the food. I have not eaten every container since I started and I feel like all I do is eat... Any suggestions for that? Oh and I think the dvds are trying to kill me (jk) but I do find them extremely hard even modified. So I will keep pushing on to push the scale down; as I have 100 pounds to lose! Does anyone else have that much to lose?
  • cupcake570
    Options
    Fell off the wagon a tad today. Went to a party and had a beer, a cookie and some nachos. Now I feel like crap. Didn't realize how good healthy eating feels! Now it's out of my system and back on track tomorrow :)
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @CreekGal I know that in the Food Guide it says that if you don't finish your food one day, you should try to finish the next day by focusing on the ones you skipped. For instance, if you're having trouble getting in enough vegetables, make eating vegetables a higher priority the next day. For me, getting my purples in has been difficult but I've been sneaking fruit into my salads (the Citrus Asian dressing recipe is great with chicken and some fresh mandarin oranges on a bed of greens is delicious!). I also mix them up in my shakes (not Shakeology). I've seen some Shakeology recipes where people mix spinach and kale in so that's also something to try if you are drinking any shakes.

It really depends on what containers you're skipping out on by the end of the day. Which ones are your most challenging.

@cupcake570 I'll be falling off the wagon on Mother's Day and I'm looking forward to it. However, I'm also planning on doubling up on 21DF that week. Not absolutely 100% certain I will only because the PiYo workouts I'm doing do seem to get tougher as you go along. I mean there's a Sweat workout I'm already doing but, looking ahead, there's also a Drench. Seriously? The Sweat one is causing me to drip sweat on my yoga mat so I can only imagine what Drench will do to me.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I really need my routine!

This morning I struggled to get out of bed. (Haven't been sleeping well and rainy weather just makes me want to snuggle down deeper under the covers.) Usually, I do at least 30 minutes of something before sending Rob off to work but today I had done nothing so I had a hard time motivating myself to get even 30 minutes done. Then I reminded myself why I am doing this and I rolled out my mat and did the Yoga Fix. Felt great.

PiYo was the Core workout today. This is the one I had to skip last week because of my neck. I struggled through it last time and I won't say I didn't struggle this time. What I will say is I struggled less! Less is more, right? Less struggle, more strength! Woohoo!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Today is an active rest day I think. Day 7, yoga fix. This'll be nice as I'm feeling low energy this morning. My SO and I went to a 2 hour reggae yoga workshop last night that had us out much later than we normally are (we're total early birds and are literally in bed around 8pm every night lol). It was an ok workshop, but the yoga flow was much more cardio based and active than we were expecting. We both thought it would be much more mellow and meditative, more hatha style, but boy were we wrong lol. So after 2 hours of that last night, yeah I'm pretty tired and sore this morning and looking forward to a low key day today :smile:
  • cupcake570
    Options
    Well the scale was up a pound today due to my mini binge. But it's all good, I'm sure once I'm done my day of healthy eating and I'll be tight back at the normal number I've been stuck at lol! This week I'm not going to use as many pinterest recipes and do more of my own thing. I'm wondering if my weight stayed the same because some of the recipes weren't 100% Fix approved. I'll be making a plan tonight!
  • cupcake570
    Options
    I think I worded that wrong. I'm wondering if some of the recipes SAID they were fix approved but werent. I'm still learning to break down the re ipes to figure it out.
  • CreekGal
    CreekGal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @SatiaRenee Thanks for the advice. Veggies and fruit seem to be what I skimp on mostly but protein or carbs a few times. It seems to be something different to everyday, so I guess since it's not consistently the same thing that's progress. I really thought it wouldn't be enough to eat and the containers looked small until I started filling them, then was shocked how much food it really was. So I will continue to try to fit all the food in and still listen to my body when it's not hungry and not overeat just to eat it all. I will definitely be adding some fruit to my salads from now on. Oh and does anyone know if the packaged taco seasoning is a go ot no go.... I'm really craving some tacos, and of course it's easier to use the prepackaged stuff I have mixed my own spices for everything else using the ones in the book and the dry Ranch from Pinterest.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @michellemybelll I really needed the active rest day today. I simply lacked motivation.

@cupcake570 You'll shake off that one pound before you know it! I'm sharing a few recipes on Pinterest that I know aren't purely 21DF approved because I can easily look at the recipe to see what changes need to be made to modify it. If you aren't certain, you could try double checking the food guide. If a recipe ingredient isn't listed, then it's not approved. However, if you can easily see something that could be substituted (such as replacing corn oil with olive or coconut oil) then make that change when you're cooking.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @CreekGal Have you tried using the Southwest Spice blend in place of taco seasoning? Most prepackaged ones have added sugar but there are certainly enough recipes online that don't have any sugar. For instance, McCormick's Taco Seasoning not only has sugar but potato starch and "natural flavor." Ummm . . . I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure I have all of the natural flavors on my spice rack and don't need added things like sugar, starch, and "natural flavors."