Daily check in

Options

Replies

• CreekGal
    CreekGal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @SatiaRenee No I haven't tried anything for tacos yet but I can definitely give that a try. I made all the spices in the book my first prep day so I keep It handy now. Thanks for the advise....again.
  • mnemonicone3
    mnemonicone3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Today has not been a good day nutritionally but I'm probably going to do a second workout this evening. Happy to say I'm down 20.2lbs on round 2 day 12!
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Round 1 day 21....almost in the books!

I can't wait to get back to my yogurt and fruit in the morning! I'm jumping right into round two.

I'll be back in the morning to let you know my results from the first round.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @mnemonicone3 Wow! That's great. Doing a second workout is always a good thing if you can make it happen.

@dkwi04 I have no doubt that you did amazingly! Can't wait to hear your statistics.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    D15R2

I was overly ambitious with Total Body Cardio Fix. I thought I'd try the Surrenders, using the arm of my couch to help with my balance. But my right knee did not like even that bit of help. No. Surrenders are off the table and I probably have to resign myself to its being permanent. I know, those of you who do the Surrenders, even without weights, don't love them. I can't say I blame you but I can say this: at least you can do them.

Because I aggravated my knee before doing PiYo, I had problems with one of the moves that I was struggling with anyway. But I don't feel defeated. I showed up and did what I could. That's what matters!

I also tacked the 10 minutes Abs Fix workout. I haven't done it since my last round and I definitely felt it. I've been doing an ab challenge to help with my arms. I know that sounds weird but the first couple of times I did 21DF Abs Fix, my right arm started going numb and my hands were tingling. I wasn't happy about this so I avoided the workout until I felt I could handle it. My hands were fine and my right elbow started tingling but it didn't get worse than a slight discomfort so it was okay.

Tomorrow I do the buns workout from PiYo. I haven't done it yet. Between 21DF and PiYo, I'll be exercising from head-to-toe.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I love your outlook! Even though you might not be able to do them again you are not beating yourself up. Do what you can and don't hurt yourself!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Round 2 day 1 here

First my results...I'm a little disappointed with the scale. I need to get better with that but I have so much more I want to lose that it feels like it'll take forever! (I'd love another 20)

With that said, in 21 days, I lost 6.8 pounds and 10.75 inches. I feel great!

I only lost 1 pound during the 3DQF. Not sure it was worth it
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 You should feel great because those numbers are awesome! I make a point of telling everyone both the lbs and inches because so often people will dismiss the former as water weight and not "real" weight. But when I say how many inches, I see the skepticism turn into interest. Ha!

Just got back from a walk with my husband. I watched the PiYo Buns workout that I'll be doing tomorrow. There's no way I could do this workout on a Wednesday. I need to look ahead at the schedule and see if there's a day when I would be so that I can shuffle other workouts accordingly. Autumn already makes me work my legs hard enough. Chalene doesn't get to do it on the same day. Sorry. Not happening!!!
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @dkwi04 those are amazing results!! 6.8 pounds in 3 weeks is more than 2 pounds a week, that's incredible!!!! I'd kill for that - I'm losing inches but the scale won't BUDGE. Congratulations!!!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I know I should be happier, I'll shake it off and push on.

But you are right - 2 pounds a week is good. And I really should have expected more, I'd been losing for a bit before that too.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    ugh. dragging my feet to press play on today's workout. it's day 1, week 2 for me. so it's total body cardio :tired_face: BUT it's only 30 mins! just gotta press play and DO IT! lol
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well the scale was the same to the ounce as yesterday so that extra pound is still there. This is my 3rd week so I'll be doing doubles. My plan for today was to do Total Cardio in the morning then Pilates around 2pm. That plan got nixed when I walked in my basement and found about an inch of water on one side. We got about 2 inches of rain overnight and my husband forgot to put the bottom part of the gutter downspout on. I was freaking out because I had a wedding cake consultation scheduled for tonight and I hold consults in my basement. I spent over an hour vacuuming up water enough that I could mop it up and let the tile dry. I guess the cake gods were with me today because the customer had to postpone. Shew! I didn't think I'd get anything in today! So Pilates will now be after dinner.

@dkwi04 your results are great! I hop to do as well. I'm only down 3lbs in 2 weeks and want to lose 30 total. Did you see more of a loss in week 3?

@SatiaRenee I can't do the surrenders either. I think i slightly injured my left quad doing them in week 1 and I still feel a ripping/burning sensation when I try to do them so instead I just do squats. Not going to injure myself to where I can't exercise at all.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    did it!! :happy:
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I think my second week was the biggest loss.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have given up on Surrenders. I'm almost 50, if I get down on my knees it's gonna take a lot longer than one second to get back up! I either do lunges (as @SatiaRenee suggested) or I do them onto the low couch that's in my basement (if that makes sense). I tried that today - was a bit awkward so I think I'll stick with the lunges. TBCF still kicks my butt so I'm not worried!!!
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 funny how everyone is different. I stayed the same to the ounce for the entire second week up till Sunday when I gained a pound.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @michellemybelll Glad you pushed play! Yesterday I struggled to make it happen. I totally empathize!

@cupcake570 Whew indeed! I would have been totally freaked out.

@jpkrueger I've given up now. I honestly thought "Six weeks in, I could maybe pull them off." Learned the hard way that I can't. And yes, the low couch makes sense. I'm just going to keep doing the forward and back lunge. Not worth injuring myself. And I'd like not to need knee surgery, ever.
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 - amazing results!!! Great work!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Thanks everyone. R2D2 today and I feel great!!! I am so excited to do this second round!

How were everyone's results when they did a second round, compared to their first?
  • xoveronica
    xoveronica Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 day 17. My scale moved the first week and now it's back up. The inches keep decreasing but my weight isn't moving. Thoughts? I had a two bad days the previous week so I'm not sure if that could be a contributing factor.