New members - tell us about yourself

Options

Replies

• 1299batman
    1299batman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Please add me as a friend! :)

My name is Marty. I will be 55 at the beginning of 2015. I lived most of my life in California, but moved to Idaho last year for employment. I love to fish, hike, camp and pistol shoot.

I am a certified personal trainer, but I did it basically to know more for myself. I love fitness and when I travel for work or pleasure, I plan on working out. I work out at home and use Bowflex Selecttech 552 dumbbells, Anti-burst ball as my bench and I have a Power Tower Station for pull-ups, dips, etc. My workout programs are Body Beast, Supreme 90 Day Workout, P90X3 and Les Mills Combat.

My favorite qoute: "That pain you are feeling during your workout is a reminder from God that you are alive" -Marty.

God Bless
  • golfmonk
    golfmonk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome Marty!!

JB
  • golfmonk
    Options
    BBee5064 wrote: »
    Nice to have you in the group JB

Thank you BBee5064!

JB
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    My chest isn't strong. I would use 3 lb weights or 5 lb weights for chest flies and ache for days. When my favorite teacher came back from maternity leave, I took 8's, thought I'd push myself, but they felt light; I realized I could use 10's!
  • diane5414
    diane5414 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Welcome to the group! We look forward to getting to know you. Please post a reply and tell us about yourself. Also, feel free to start a new discussion at any time on something you need to know, want to share, or just think might be fun.

Hi, I'm 64 and need to lose a lot of weight, I have had both knees replaced and need to get the weight off of them, would like some friends that will help keep me in line with my goal. I am a stress eater with a lot of stress in my life but I really want to reach my goal . Please help
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Welcome Diane! Stress eating is a killer. I can easily wolf down a bunch of stuff I shouldn't have in the first place when I am stressed. It really helps me to plan meals. I prep breakfast and lunch ahead so I don't stray too much, but it is hard. You can do it.
  • clynns54
    clynns54 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 56 and live in Colorado. My path to being overweight has been a slow?? and steady one. I decided around age 52 I neded to get in gear before it was too late. I've lost 20 pounds and would like to lose another 60 pounds. I've spent a fair amount of time over the past 4 years experimenting with what works for me. I know what I need to do, just need some help staying motivated. I'm looking forward to being a part of this group!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 60 and fighting some incidious weight gain that I'm having trouble losing. Well, I did lose 25# last year on MFP and promptly regained it. Now I'm down ten pounds but want to maintain when I get to my goal- for life. I like to workout and use my treadmill and am currently on week 10 of Alpha T25. Start Beta next week. It's a workout DVD.

I read some of the stories and am really impressed with so many of you! I'm glad I noticed today that this group was here.
  • marekdds
    Options
    Welcome to the group! Lot of nice, supportive people here. I took the slow route too. Been at goal for 3 years!
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Lovely to see all you new members of the group. Thanks for sharing your story. Please be assured that you are now part of a supportively kind friendship group.
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 64 and Type 2 diabetic. Trying to normalize blood sugars and lose weight. Need some buddies along the way!
  • anniesgolden
    anniesgolden Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I turned 50 four weeks ago, became an empty-nester two weeks ago, and starting having hot flashes a week ago. In the midst of all this upheaval I decided that I really couldn't call it "baby fat" any more, since my youngest was now in college, and I needed to think seriously about improving my fitness. And, in the back of my mind, about losing the weight.

It's about BUILD LIFESTYLE HABITS, rather than DIET - dieting is punishment and I can't wait for it to be over, while "eat more veggies" and "move more" are things I want to continue to do for another 50 years.

I started four weeks ago just logging what I ate to build awareness (granola bars have how many calories??). Last grocery store trip, 90% of my cart was produce, and I weigh all my food in grams now.

I've never been active, unless page-turning is an Olympic sport. Four weeks ago I just wanted to walk the dogs without having to take a break to DIE. We never made it all the way to "the corner" - we live in the country, so that's 3 miles round trip, and it's uphill, both ways. Now I'm considering a Couch-to-5K program to work up to RUNNING to the corner and back. Who is this person?
  • marekdds
    Options
    Penell and Annie welcome! Great supportive group here. Logging food is so helpful. I never ran a day in my life til about 3-4 years ago. I did the couch to 5k and I have run some 5 ks. Who new I could do that in my 60's. You can do it too.
  • DaveThomas1901
    DaveThomas1901 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Greetings folks. I'm Dave, from Essex in the UK. Married father of two, with a few pets thrown in. I work nights and like to read a bit. Non drinker for nearly 9 years but good/ bad when it comes to food. I exercise quite a bit and have a half marathon in a few weeks. Hope all good, thanks Dave.
  • golfmonk
    Options
    Welcome Dave, Penell and Annie!
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hello! I turned 50 four weeks ago, became an empty-nester two weeks ago, and starting having hot flashes a week ago. In the midst of all this upheaval I decided that I really couldn't call it "baby fat" any more, since my youngest was now in college, and I needed to think seriously about improving my fitness. And, in the back of my mind, about losing the weight.

It's about BUILD LIFESTYLE HABITS, rather than DIET - dieting is punishment and I can't wait for it to be over, while "eat more veggies" and "move more" are things I want to continue to do for another 50 years.

I started four weeks ago just logging what I ate to build awareness (granola bars have how many calories??). Last grocery store trip, 90% of my cart was produce, and I weigh all my food in grams now.

I've never been active, unless page-turning is an Olympic sport. Four weeks ago I just wanted to walk the dogs without having to take a break to DIE. We never made it all the way to "the corner" - we live in the country, so that's 3 miles round trip, and it's uphill, both ways. Now I'm considering a Couch-to-5K program to work up to RUNNING to the corner and back. Who is this person?

Great post! Keep up the good work :)

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's a good group and you will find good company, info and encouragement here.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options

Welcome to Dave, Pennell & Annie :-)
  • DaveThomas1901
    DaveThomas1901 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. Working all day, hopefully gym on way home and try to eat ok. Have a good Sunday all :)
  • golfmonk
    Options
    You too Dave! Heading to the gym myself!