New members - tell us about yourself

Options
1333435363739»

Replies

• Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Welcome back RockinMBC. We have the swimming thing in common!
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group RockinMBC
    We look forward to helping you reach your goals. This is a great group for support
    I'm also a pescatarian & I'm sat down most of my working day. It is tough. But we can do this!
    Please keep us posted on your progress
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,920 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!

One of my MFP friends has a dog named PennyLane. :)
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the cult. Now, about the initiation...
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jean and I'm from Pennsylvania. I've been an off and on member for several years. I have a hubby and a daughter. I've recently gone through several catastrophic life events, and now that they are finally resolved, my mind is in the right place to take off all the extra weight I've gained in the last few years. I started back on New Year's Day, and in just a week I've lost over 5 pounds. I really don't want to lose that quickly, just take it slow and steady. I've resolved to move around more, eat more fruits and veggies, and limit sweets. I'm 38 pounds from my goal weight, but I will keep my resolution this year. I'm looking for some new friends and I look forward to participating in the group.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Welcome curvygirl
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Welcome @RockinMBC and @curvygirl512. Lots of great support here
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,007 Member
    Options
    Welcome new peeps!

@RockinMBC - I'm 52 and managed to lose 25 lbs in about 8 months...not quite as fast as my fad/restrictive diet days of my 30's, but this should stay off because I did it slow and steady this time. So, age really shouldn't matter...especially since I'm in the midst of perimenopause hormone rollercoaster, and still managed to lose. Makes it a bit challenging on certain days due to crazy bingy cravings for wine and chocolate, but in general CICO really does work if you stick with it on the non-crazy days.

Oh and @curvygirl512 don't worry about the bigger loss the first week too much. You always lose a lot quickly early on because initially it can be a bunch of water weight. You'll settle out, if you keep to your calorie goals.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard curvygirl512

• Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Welcome @curvygirl512!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, for the warm welcome. Yes, b3achy, I bet this is all water weight. But I don't care if it's water weight or fat weight, it is weight that I no longer have to lug around.
  • marshal616
    marshal616 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    LOL Farback that was too funny.