100 pushup challenge

Options
123457»

Replies

• Artemis68
    Artemis68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I'll start Monday. This is perfect timing actually!! I saw the app on my iPad and thought it might be a good June challenge.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I fell off the program at W5. Life happened.

I'll start up again soon. Probably this week
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    kuranda10 wrote: »
    I fell off the program at W5. Life happened.

I'll start up again soon. Probably this week
    Me too! I don't have time for 180 pushups!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Took me a while, but just completed W4D2. 132 push ups. The higher rep sets are giving me exertion headaches. Maybe not breathing enough?
  • wabmester
    Options
    Just checking in to let you know that I QUIT!

That's right, after that nasty exertion headache last month, I decided that it was STUPID to KILL MYSELF doing a bunch of push ups.

So I decide to change things up a bit. Lower reps of harder decline push ups (with my feet on the edge of the couch).

Today, I wondered if I could now do more regular push ups. So almost a month later....

W4D3 completed. 143 push ups. PERSEVERE! :)
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I really need to get some of the push up handles you put on the floor. I hurt my wrist skateboarding way back in high school. When I do a bunch of push ups, having my hand at 90 degrees to my wrist causes a huge amount of discomfort for me. I'm not sure if it's just something that will get better, or if it's actual damage from that fall. I do know that I caused some damage to at least one tendon, as an ER visit confirmed a fluid filled bubble in it. That bubble comes and goes to this day, painless but persistent.

I think the handles would make it easier on my wrist to do more than a couple sets of 20. I currently take a rest after two sets because the top of my wrist starts to ache pretty strongly.
  • wabmester
    Options
    I broke my wrist rollerskating about 10 years ago. I can't bend my right wrist 90 degs, but no pain. Maybe I adapt unconsciously.

Anyway, there are a zillion varieties you might try. Some people can do them on their fists (not comfy for me).

Or try the decline:
    feet-elv-push-b-male.jpg
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I gave up too in week 5 - mainly because it had taken me up into the high 100s with my "girly/alernative/easier" push-ups and it was all taking too long every day - but am thinking of restarting the whole "just 6 weeks" package as I don't want to think I wasted my time and don't want to lose all the muscle I built up.