2015 MFP Grand Tour Challenge - SIgnup and Discussion Thread...

Options

Replies

• Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    To second everyone's sentiment, thanks Mark for a fun 3 weeks. I am hoping that as winter progresses it doesn't dampen the amount of rides I do. Looking forward to the tour.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,462 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Crossed the line, rode more miles than I have before. Can hardly wait til next year's Giro. Only took 3 rest days the whole month. Now I will take one.....let my left knee heal now. Great job Team PIE Pro Cycling!
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everything again Mark. I had fun. Weather and family commitments didn't help me at the end, but I leave tomorrow morning on tour for Indiana at a slow pace. 201 miles over 7 days. Riding to a family reunion. Thanks again.
  • steffenson
    steffenson Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mark! I had a blast with my first ever MFP bike challenge and hope to be able to do some more in the future!
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mark! I have had my biggest cycling month since getting so sick last summer. Baby steps!
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Echoing everyone else - thank you Mark for a great Giro :smiley:
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Crossed the line, rode more miles than I have before. Can hardly wait til next year's Giro. Only took 3 rest days the whole month. Now I will take one.....let my left knee heal now. Great job Team PIE Pro Cycling!

Don't have to wait until next year - this is just the first part of the "Big Three"... We've LeTour and LaVuelta to go yet...

And to everyone who's expressed their thanks for setting this up... well... if it's got one person out there a couple of times where they otherwise wouldn't have ridden, then it's all been worthwhile.

I'll be catching up on the updates in a couple of hours or so - but won't be finally cutting off until probably Wednesday morning UK time, just to give people a chance to post their final rides (or DNS notices)

• Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    That's me in the clubhouse folks :)

I missed 4 stages for the Giro, which I am far from happy about, but I have definitely improved my fitness during the challenge.

Huge thanks to Mark for the administration and organisation. Well done to him too for getting the KM's on the board, especially through his fitness issues... Onwards & upwards fella!

Really looking forward to the TdF Challenge now ;)

Here here ... what he said :)

Awesomely run again and well done for that end total and well done to all that stuck in some miles, great work from Al sticking in that 100km daily average, no easy task I can tell ya! To all that felt they could do better Le Tour is just a month away :).

I guess we are just waiting for the formality of Glenn checking in his PBP 600km qualifier to confirm what we all know, Mark now is the time to have a rule that states all rides must be submitted by midday following the last day of the challenge? lol

• Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Reiterate my thanks Mark, and apologies for not having been able to enter into the spirit of it as much as normal. Hope to be back in the game a bit more either for the TdF or if not I'll declare myself out rather than only manage a handful of rides - La Vuelta looks more promising :smile:
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    My thanks to Mark as well, and yes, this challenge definitely got me out on at least a couple of days where I wouldn't have otherwise.

A minor apology to my Pastana teammates, as I don't feel like I really contributed all I could have. All I can say is that May was a weird month for me for a variety of reasons. The good news is that it looks like I'll be in a transition phase in July that will allow me to rack up a bunch of kilometers during le Tour. I'm looking forward to it!
  • faugsu
    faugsu Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Many more Kudos to Mark.
    NerdieP -- what a great trip!!
    This tour was fun. I'm not a fan of most fantasy leagues, but THIS WAS THE REAL THING!! I'm in awe of and inspired by Veloman and my LJ teammates. Way to rise up!!! Now to go eat some ice cream :)
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,462 Member
    Options

All I can say is bring on LeTour! Thank you Mark for a wonderful challenge!

• TheBigYin
    Options
    Right Folks - I'm going to set up LeTour's signup thread tomorrow... anyone who did the Giro who wants to miss this one out ?? Speak up now... I know Fran said she was going to step away for this one, and I'm guessing KaktusJaques out (considering he only rode one stage of the Giro due to work commitments getting in the way) but does anyone else need a break (or just aren't available for three weeks of riding in a row again)...

A simple I'm in/out will do - i'd like to get a provisional rosta together before putting the signup thread together...

I'm In...

• hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Last week of the tour will also be RAGBRAI so logging will be limited that week as I don't bring along my computer.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I'm in. Last week of the tour will also be RAGBRAI so logging will be limited that week as I don't bring along my computer.

Excellent - don't worry about the logging - if you can get the Garmin Downloaded within a day or so of the finish and get the data in, that'll be cool...

• cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I'm in mate ;)
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in.
  • faugsu
    faugsu Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    In - it will be good for me - fun too!