Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Ed
    I'm glad to hear that it went smoothly overall, Congratulations on the new setup.
    IMO the bigger the screen the better these days, especially as I get older. I upgraded around Christmas from a 32" HDTV as the Desktop Computers screen to a 42" Higher Resolution HDTV for the display. I do sit across the room from it so the larger screen is nice. Especially the better resolution. I would have loved to go even larger, sadly no room for larger. Oh well ...

I seem to recall that You do full system backups too?
    Just curious, is it a 3.5" drive or a 2.5" laptop style? I periodically upgrade my System drive from a SSD to a larger SSD as the prices drop for the improvement in speed. The Capacities are getting pretty large, however once You go past 1Tb the price takes a huge jump :(

I join what seems to be the major sentiment in the people on the forums, So tired of the current elections and I wanted it to be over too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Good Morning Folks,

No comments on the outcome, except to say...the bookies must be paying serious money. I wish I had placed a bet! And no more political TV ads for awhile...yeah!

Rumor has it that today will be a cold one out there. Looks like I will be bundling up.

Forgot to mention...I have a weekend camping trip with the ladies (a group I meet up with occasionally). I have not had the truck camper out since the summer, so I am really excited! But I need to plan the food now, since I have to go to work early. Plus - we do a couple of put lucks, so I have to bring things to share.

Ed, good luck with the computer thing. I know we have come to rely on them, and I use several for work...but I miss pen and paper!

Roger, I am thinking I will look into electric hand warmers. I'll keep you posted.

Val - my memory is malfunctioning! I had something to say to you...but it flashed out. When it comes back I will send the message.

Take care all,
    Lee-Ann
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,227 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! High predicted of only 68 with 0% chance of rain. The laundress (Edie?) did laundry yesterday, and the housekeeper needs to do some grocery shopping today. The cook made vegetarian spicy nachos for dinner last night and that may be repeated for lunch today as there is still half the guacamole left. One of the avocados had felt a bit too soft, from the outside, but they were both PERFECT and the spicy home made guacamole turned out really well.

Eddie the housekeeper does need to buy more salsa as part of the groceries today, so if we're to have the nachos for lunch, the grocery shopping needs to be done this morning, before lunch.

Eduardo, the cook, forgot to put any beans on to soak last night so if he wants to make vegetarian chili for dinner, he either needs to do a "quick soak" on some beans or tell Eddie to buy some canned beans. He'll decide in a few minutes I guess.

Well, got to get to it!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    On the computer front, the iMac came with a surprisingly full sized disk, but a simple bracket was installed with the notebook's 2.5 inch drive, and all seems fine. Still enjoying the larger screen size immensely.
  • RogerToo

11/0/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 52 degrees this morning warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 8,954 steps +26 cents. I have still missed changing the time on the clocks in the Basement, those are the ones in the work area and the Wall clock & Digital Clock in the room with that computer :)

I did stop for some Fruit today on my walk, Bananas were 29 cents a pound and the Gala & Fuji Apples were $1.29 a pound FWIW. I had a couple of stray rain drops land on me, So far the forecast rain has not arrived however.

I took along my New Yeti 30 ounce insulated cup for my Coffee refill. Best Cup yet for holding the heat. heavy however as it is All Stainless steel except for the lid that is sealed with a Heavy O-Ring and nice and thick too.
    http://yeti.com/rambler-30/?gclid=COvX48rim9ACFUhYDQodocYFCQ
    Days on the dock are made better with the Rambler™ 30 oz. Tumbler. It’ll keep your dinnertime drink cool well past sundown or your coffee nice and hot throughout the morning. The Rambler 30 oz. Tumbler is made of 18/8 kitchen-grade stainless steel, has double-wall vacuum insulation, and No Sweat™ Design. Which means that you’ve got one heavy-duty, over-engineered stainless steel tumbler on your hands with the Rambler. It’s dishwasher safe, BPA-free, and ready for just about anything.
    List price is $39.99, It was bought at the Efinger Sporting Goods closing and liquidation sale at a decent discount.

NY Times Presidential Election Results
    http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president
    Presidential Election Results: Donald J. Trump Wins
    Nov. 9, 2016, 8:04 AM ET
    Hillary Clinton 218
    Donald J. Trump 279

Hopefully this is the end of all the pre election drama :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2016
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Good Morning Folks,

No comments on the outcome, except to say...the bookies must be paying serious money. I wish I had placed a bet! And no more political TV ads for awhile...yeah!

Rumor has it that today will be a cold one out there. Looks like I will be bundling up.

Forgot to mention...I have a weekend camping trip with the ladies (a group I meet up with occasionally). I have not had the truck camper out since the summer, so I am really excited! But I need to plan the food now, since I have to go to work early. Plus - we do a couple of put lucks, so I have to bring things to share.

Ed, good luck with the computer thing. I know we have come to rely on them, and I use several for work...but I miss pen and paper!

Roger, I am thinking I will look into electric hand warmers. I'll keep you posted.

Val - my memory is malfunctioning! I had something to say to you...but it flashed out. When it comes back I will send the message.

Take care all,
    Lee-Ann

Hi Lee-Ann
    I will say that after using The Yeti for one day, Today, I went on Amazon and ordered a handle for it that should be here Friday. The cup weighs just over 1 pound empty.

I would never bet on a election, However I am a cautious person that way.

The other option to the Electric hand warmers are ones that You boil to make them ready for use again. They might conform to Your hand in the Mittens better. The Electric ones such as I bought are somewhat bulky. OTOH it can be used as a energy pack to recharge things that get charged through a USB port.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! High predicted of only 68 with 0% chance of rain. The laundress (Edie?) did laundry yesterday, and the housekeeper needs to do some grocery shopping today. The cook made vegetarian spicy nachos for dinner last night and that may be repeated for lunch today as there is still half the guacamole left. One of the avocados had felt a bit too soft, from the outside, but they were both PERFECT and the spicy home made guacamole turned out really well.

Eddie the housekeeper does need to buy more salsa as part of the groceries today, so if we're to have the nachos for lunch, the grocery shopping needs to be done this morning, before lunch.

Eduardo, the cook, forgot to put any beans on to soak last night so if he wants to make vegetarian chili for dinner, he either needs to do a "quick soak" on some beans or tell Eddie to buy some canned beans. He'll decide in a few minutes I guess.

Well, got to get to it!
    Hi Ed
    Interesting choice for dinner :)
    Don't feel bad I make those sort of mistakes too.
    On the computer front, the iMac came with a surprisingly full sized disk, but a simple bracket was installed with the notebook's 2.5 inch drive, and all seems fine. Still enjoying the larger screen size immensely.

If I said I'm not surprised that it had a full size disk drive, they are less expensive and typically 7200 RPM drives vs most laptop 2.5" drives that are 5400 RPM to enhance battery life. The faster RPM should and usually does reduce latency somewhat.

My All-In-One desktop that I am using today came with a full size drive too. That is despite that in many respects the Motherboard is a Laptop style. I had to get a adapter to use the SSD I converted too, unfortunately I could not use it when it came due to the drive connections not lining up so I have that drive wedged in for the last year plus :)

I would have expected that the Bracket from Apple would line up properly however.

Have a nice day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Morning Folks.
    I'm here.
    My internet was down yesterday until about 6p when they finally got it fixed. Their 2 hour 'window for repairs' was 'stretched' a bit.
    Like Ed,Eddie, and Eduardo, I'll be shopping today.
    Later...
  • RogerToo
    Morning Folks.
    I'm here.
    My internet was down yesterday until about 6p when they finally got it fixed. Their 2 hour 'window for repairs' was 'stretched' a bit.
    Like Ed,Eddie, and Eduardo, I'll be shopping today.
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    I already did my Shopping :) My brother is muttering about going to the Grocery Store for original style Oatmeal. When he does, if he does, I will take the car and go to the Bank I would have walked if we had not already had a drizzle and more rain in the forecast.

I bet You survived the Internet outage much better than Many of the Millennials would.

See my humor post that follows for one Humorous comment on it.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    tTsYrk.jpg

9xgkpt.png

yj5yDS.jpg

dCAIWa.png

L6bLBo.png
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2016
    Eduardo did put some mixed up beans and lentils on "quick soak" for the chili, so while it was on the standing time, Eddie went out to the grocery. When Eddie got back, Eduardo rinsed the beans and lentils, and got them started in the large Crockpot with some chopped onion, garlic, ground hot red chili pepper, jalapeños, bell peppers, salt, cumin, and black pepper. After all that cooks for 8 hours or so on low, the lentils should have pretty much disintegrated, to add a nice thickness to the chili without needing any other thickener. This has worked well in the past when making vegetarian chili. Tomato will be added at the end, and if needed, any additional water, and adjust seasoning if needed. I think there is plenty of the hot stuff already though. :)

Now Eddie just needs to clear the sink, and then it will be approaching time for Eduardo to prepare lunch of mostly leftover nacho stuff, just heating a fresh can of refried beans.

Maybe a short nap in between...

• Leemom3
    Hi All,

Roger - not to worry. I am not a betting lady...so I guess the bookies will just have to do without my money.

After reading Ed's/Eduardo's/Eddie's dinner plans, I thought I would mention my latest offbeat - but really very good tasting - dinner. Perhaps it would make a better lunch for some, since it is pretty light. I have 2 1/2 ounces cooked brown rice heated with a cut up tomato in the microwave. I also added a wedge of Laughing Cow light Swiss cheese. I put 2 fried eggs on top (fried in non-fat spray) of the rice and tomatoes. A light, delicious breakfast-dinner.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was showing 42 degrees this morning out the door 10 degrees colder than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 7.2k steps and No cents. I changed the time on the clocks in the Basement Yesterday, Who said I procrastinate :)

As I sit here I am copying some DVDs I created several years ago onto a hard drive prior to extracting the music from them to put on my iPod.

Sadly the election being done was not the end of all the election drama :(

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Roger - not to worry. I am not a betting lady...so I guess the bookies will just have to do without my money.

After reading Ed's/Eduardo's/Eddie's dinner plans, I thought I would mention my latest offbeat - but really very good tasting - dinner. Perhaps it would make a better lunch for some, since it is pretty light. I have 2 1/2 ounces cooked brown rice heated with a cut up tomato in the microwave. I also added a wedge of Laughing Cow light Swiss cheese. I put 2 fried eggs on top (fried in non-fat spray) of the rice and tomatoes. A light, delicious breakfast-dinner.

Hi Lee-Ann
    I had some low calorie cooking spray that I have used in the past, I used it so infrequently since I rarely fry however that It started tasting stale and was discarded while still pretty full. SO now I just use a dab of Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead when I do fry. TBH The fried eggs do sound good, I may Scramble one for my mid morning snack and put in in a 60 calorie wrap with a 1/2 slice of Velveeta which is 20 calories.

Since I am a lazy cook what ever rice I use is either cooked in a rice cooker or instant rice AKA generic Minute Rice :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Ed
    I'm not quite sure what a quick soak is, does that mean some heat was used?
    Cheers
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

High predicted of 70 today with zero percent chance of rain.

The quick soak for beans entails bringing the sorted, rinsed beans to a boil in plenty of water (at least two or three inches of water over the level of the beans), letting them boil for 10 minutes, then covering and letting stand for an hour. At this point, rinse, and use as you would have used beans soaked overnight.

The chili, by the way, came out very nicely! Leftover chili will be a nice lunch today.

I was up about 7 this morning, but have been distracted by various recipes on the net. This one sounds easy and tasty, and I might instruct Eduardo to give it (or a slight variation on it) a try.

http://www.budget101.com/content.php/1479-Instant-Refried-Beans-Mix

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi! Its still Thursday, but in the afternoon! :)
    Morning was some quick chores, a real cup of coffee and time on the internet...followed by dressing in yard gear, and ??? yep, blowing more leaves. Tomorrow would have been the 3rd day, but I won't be here tomorrow...so...
    I'm about half done, stopped for lunch, and will work around a 2 p. seminar, then another spot of time, shower, and leave for O's gymnastics.
    And people wonder what I do all day....yikes!

The instant refried beans mix sounds interesting. I may have to give that a try. A little concerned about one of the reviews...lady tried the beans in her blender, then again in her coffee mill, and finally a friend brought over an attachment for her Mixer before it was powdered....so, we'll let Eduardo try it first...OK?

Lee-Ann, your lunch sounds good! Isn't it amazing how food can be combined very simply and taste amazing?

Roger, when you use the rice cooker, do you make a big batch for use, and to freeze? That's generally what I do, but I've also been known to buy the handy microwave packs from Seeds of Change...pricy, but good, and Organic.
    I don't foresee the election grumbling being over either until he's sworn, or most likely not until he's at the end of his first 100 days...and then I think you'll see him torn to shreds. I don't believe the people are going to let up. I listened this morning to a guy talking for over half an hour, and (he seems 'level headed', and has his brain in order)....he outlined what needs to be done. Reminding people to grieve etc, and to them make a plan over the next 70 days that Obama is still our president. What he said made a lot of sense. I can share his url with you if you'd like.

Salad nearly finished...and then its half hour out with the blower...and least the hour long seminar will be a nice 'rest' before going back out to finish my job.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Did I mention that the Lenny & Larry's white chocolate macadamia cookie is a THUMBS UP?

• Leemom3
    Good Morning,

Ed, I have been reading your mentions of Lenny and Larry's cookies so much I will have to check them out. I think I came back in the middle of a discussion, but it sounded like something ordered over the internet. I think I have to taste them!

Val - I finally remembered what I meant to say the other day (hey, it only took me 3 days to remember. Not bad!). I only get up at 4:35 (yes, that is the time I set on the alarm clock) on days when I have to go to the farther away office. Other days are more reasonable. I have it down to a science: breakfast and lunch made the night before and put in the refrigerator; clothes set out; work bag either pt into the truck, or set out. Remote start on the truck takes just a few minutes to defrost the windows. Up, washed, dressed, put together and out the door in about 12 minutes. And I hate those mornings...

Roger, good morning to you. It looks like this weekend will be chilly, but not yet frigidly cold up here.

Time to keep moving here. I have to pack up for my weekend camping trip, then load the camper onto the truck. I will catch up with you...eventually. Not sure of the internet service over the weekend. Take care everyone.
  • RogerToo
    oJB571.gif

N6ozcm.gif

DPlYIV.gif

zmHaSN.jpg

R6a5YY.gif

lbwWxA.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was showing 46 degrees this morning warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 7.3K steps

I Am still getting a few Raspberries off of the one plant. I suspect that will end tonight as we are supposed to get a Hard Freeze. If I'm right, a shame as it has a bunch of unripened berries on it :(

Have a Great Friday
    Roger