Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    I have been so busy this morning...doing nothing! Reading emails, looking at leaves on the ground, watching the wind blow the leaves still doggedly hanging onto the trees and fluttering, but not falling! I've signed up for a 7 day Summit on autoimmune disease...should be interesting.

Lee-Ann, I've checked the weather forecast...bring your sweater! Shouldn't see any rain...yea for you, and sooo sad for us. No rain in over a month...and our drought just gets worse and worse...its sad. BUT, enjoy your time with your daughter! Hope ATL treats you well for your brief stay. Temp range should be something around 41 for a low, and 70 clear hours for the high, which will be late afternoon...sunset at 5:31.
    Some thoughts on your chilly all weather camper bed...although it would 'crinkle' if you're a 'good sleeper' like me, that would not keep you awake...think about a solar blanket under you bottom sheet? Seems to me that would help with the cold mattress. Or the insulating boards also are a very good choice. No help on the other ideas, as I'd have to see the camper to even know exactly what you're talking about :)
    Hope your daughters enjoy the cheese. I was impressed, and am planning to pick up the mozzarella today at the grocery, and use that and some of the smoked gouda on a pita pizza! (with grilled peppers, onions, and some black olives) I can hardly wait for dinner! I've been just craving/jonesing for pizza for a long time...so I'm excited by the possibility!

Roger, yes, walking/running shoes are pricy...but paying a bit upfront to prevent painful, (perhaps also damaged) knees and possibly hips...its worth it! That's the one thing that I do not mind paying out $100+ for. Also, just a thought...next time you buy shoes, you might want to have them check that width...feet loose weight too! And a narrower shoe may be the result! :)

17,000 acres burned in the mountains, fire only 20% contained, 3 million dollars spent, and smoke all blowing down onto ATL. It hangs in the air like smog in the summer time. Not wishing rain on Lee-Ann, but I do hope to see some SOON! (though not predicted)

Sun is out now...I MAY blow leaves today...and I May just wait until tomorrow. Feeling really lazy, and my hip is sore....we'll see

Later...

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,227 Member
    Lunch for us was big garden salads made with curly romaine, bell pepper, tomato, wedges of boiled egg (1 1/2 eggs per salad), bacon bits (real on mine, fake on J's), a small sprinkle each of shredded pepperjack, some cheese&garlic croutons, and the rest of my home made thousand islands style dressing.

Valerie, I just checked out the website for your "cheese" and apparently they market a vegan whole egg substitute as well! On the pictures, of course, it looks great and I'd even be interested in trying that, just for fun. I'm going back to the website now to browse...

http://followyourheart.com/

• parityanimal
    Wow. After looking at the site, they do have an impressive array of vegan cheese substitutes. the only issue I can see with them is most don't have much, if any, protein! But they don't seem to be too high in carbs either, so if they taste good and fill the cheese craving, I guess they'll do. At least one could make, presumably, a grilled "cheese" sandwich or even a nice, melty, lasagna. And if you use vegan "beef" crumbles in the lasagna...well, you might even satisfy a carnivore!

• GardenKatGardens
    Ok Ed, you're ahead of me... I haven't even looked at the web site! The package I got made really tasty grilled cheese sandwiches on that Gluten Free Irish Bread that I found at Costco. In just a very few minutes I'm heading for the kitchen and making a PIZZA! I picked up the mozzarella slices today at Publix..(I didn't find Follow Your Heart at Kroger but will check again.) The grilled cheese was delicious.
    And on the pizza will be...onion, peppers, black olives, mushrooms, and some fake meat 'crumbles'....and of course the cheeses. I'm thinking to use mostly mozza, and some of the Smoked Gouda! Watch for me tomorrow! (unless this pizza is SOOO good that I can't wait to 'crow'!!!!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Lilo and I have been fed. Leftover beef chuck short ribs make a GREAT breakfast.

I looked for Follow Your Heart "cheese" at my Kroger and there wasn't any, but it's not an enormous SUPER Kroger either, so the larger one down the street may have some. I haven't looked at my Publix yet, which is close than either Kroger anyway.

So how was the pizza? It sounds delicious.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was showing 37 degrees this morning the same as yesterday for the same time, I walked 7,470 steps. I stopped at the Grocery Store and picked up 2 Bananas, 2 Honey Crisp Apples to last me until discount day on Wednesday as well as 3 Poblano Peppers and a head a lettuce for my brother. That seems fair to me since he picked up Light & Fit Greek Yogurt for me yesterday :)

Just Wow!
    18th century statue destroyed by selfie-taking tourist
    By Sarah Mulé | Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:13 PM

LISBON, Portugal, Nov. 11 (UPI) -- A priceless 300-year-old statue in Lisbon's National Museum of Ancient Art shattered after it was knocked over by a Brazilian tourist trying to snap a selfie.

Museum officials said the statue of Saint Michael, which dates back to the early 1700s, is broken beyond repair.

The offending tourist reportedly posted a photo of the destroyed statue to Facebook and said, "It's the price to be paid for free entrances on the first Sunday of every month'

If you thought this story sounded familiar, that's because it does: In May, another tourist destroyed a different Lisbon statue while posing for a selfie, in that case atop the Rossio train station in the capital.

No Remorse there from the sound of it.

Did Everybody see the Super Moon last night?

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    I have been so busy this morning...doing nothing! Reading emails, looking at leaves on the ground, watching the wind blow the leaves still doggedly hanging onto the trees and fluttering, but not falling! I've signed up for a 7 day Summit on autoimmune disease...should be interesting.

Snipped

Roger, yes, walking/running shoes are pricy...but paying a bit upfront to prevent painful, (perhaps also damaged) knees and possibly hips...its worth it! That's the one thing that I do not mind paying out $100+ for. Also, just a thought...next time you buy shoes, you might want to have them check that width...feet loose weight too! And a narrower shoe may be the result! :)

17,000 acres burned in the mountains, fire only 20% contained, 3 million dollars spent, and smoke all blowing down onto ATL. It hangs in the air like smog in the summer time. Not wishing rain on Lee-Ann, but I do hope to see some SOON! (though not predicted)

Sun is out now...I MAY blow leaves today...and I May just wait until tomorrow. Feeling really lazy, and my hip is sore....we'll see

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I am happy that the trees around our yard have all lost their leaves in one way, now the yard can get a final raking and done for the season. I would be unhappy if we had a mix of trees around us, some that lose their leaves earlier than others. I do see trees in town that still have leaves on them so I think I'm lucky that way.

I would have a problem with having the width checked since I have been buying on Amazon :) I can not find wide shoes locally and I am sure I am not the only one.

A Darn shame that at least some of those fires can be attributed to arson :(
    Ok Ed, you're ahead of me... I haven't even looked at the web site! The package I got made really tasty grilled cheese sandwiches on that Gluten Free Irish Bread that I found at Costco. In just a very few minutes I'm heading for the kitchen and making a PIZZA! I picked up the mozzarella slices today at Publix..(I didn't find Follow Your Heart at Kroger but will check again.) The grilled cheese was delicious.
    And on the pizza will be...onion, peppers, black olives, mushrooms, and some fake meat 'crumbles'....and of course the cheeses. I'm thinking to use mostly mozza, and some of the Smoked Gouda! Watch for me tomorrow! (unless this pizza is SOOO good that I can't wait to 'crow'!!!!
    Just curious, Irish Bread or Irish Soda Bread? I do like the Irish Soda Bread with Raisins. MY brother made a Beer Bread and a Irish Soda Bread Friday that he took to friends. His Soda bread made with Buttermilk is not my Favorite for that type.

I almost forgot to ask :) Was that bread in the freezer or the Bakery Section?

I hope You enjoyed the Pizza too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning...Monday.
    Ed, I checked the web site for locations, and Publix and Whole Foods but no Kroger.
    All that said....my pizza was Delicious! Half of it is waiting for my dinner tonite! So maybe half a pizza is a bit of overkill, but I had years of pizza free life to make up! :)

Some odds and ends to unfinished chores to wrap up today, and then there are the leaves....

I see that Roger has posted, so I'll post this and check out his morning walk, and then get on with this Monday!
  • RogerToo
    Lunch for us was big garden salads made with curly romaine, bell pepper, tomato, wedges of boiled egg (1 1/2 eggs per salad), bacon bits (real on mine, fake on J's), a small sprinkle each of shredded pepperjack, some cheese&garlic croutons, and the rest of my home made thousand islands style dressing.

Valerie, I just checked out the website for your "cheese" and apparently they market a vegan whole egg substitute as well! On the pictures, of course, it looks great and I'd even be interested in trying that, just for fun. I'm going back to the website now to browse...

http://followyourheart.com/
    Hi Ed
    I am sort of curious if they are a Individual company or part of a big conglomerate.
    Wow. After looking at the site, they do have an impressive array of vegan cheese substitutes. the only issue I can see with them is most don't have much, if any, protein! But they don't seem to be too high in carbs either, so if they taste good and fill the cheese craving, I guess they'll do. At least one could make, presumably, a grilled "cheese" sandwich or even a nice, melty, lasagna. And if you use vegan "beef" crumbles in the lasagna...well, you might even satisfy a carnivore!
    What a Interesting Idea, a Vegan Lasagna. I'll bet it would work with this too. Pastitsio - Greek Lasagna. The Greek cousin Lasagna. Layers of noodles, meaty tomato sauce and a creamy bechamel sauce are combined to create an indulgent Mediterranean casserole. The word “pastitsio” comes from the Italian word “pasticcio,” or a large family of savory, baked pies. Other places like Cyprus and Malta have their own versions
    http://www.food.com/recipe/pastitsio-greek-lasagna-102436
    The hard part might be a Vegan Bechamel Sauce.

The Local Diner has it as one of their lunch specials once a week and It is pretty good as a change of pace for traditional Lasagna :)
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Lilo and I have been fed. Leftover beef chuck short ribs make a GREAT breakfast.

I looked for Follow Your Heart "cheese" at my Kroger and there wasn't any, but it's not an enormous SUPER Kroger either, so the larger one down the street may have some. I haven't looked at my Publix yet, which is close than either Kroger anyway.

So how was the pizza? It sounds delicious.
    Beef Short Ribs sounds delicious.

Have a Nice Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning...Monday.
    Ed, I checked the web site for locations, and Publix and Whole Foods but no Kroger.
    All that said....my pizza was Delicious! Half of it is waiting for my dinner tonite! So maybe half a pizza is a bit of overkill, but I had years of pizza free life to make up! :)

Some odds and ends to unfinished chores to wrap up today, and then there are the leaves....

I see that Roger has posted, so I'll post this and check out his morning walk, and then get on with this Monday!
    Hi Valerie
    I see You posted while I was posting my Second Post above :)
    Good news that the Pizza Was delicious too.

Good Luck getting the Odds and Ends done. I find I get distracted easily these days :)

Enjoy The Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Roger!
    The bread is in the bakery(at Costco)... meaning its not frozen, but fresh. I love the Ezekial Breads, the sprouted grains...but can only get it frozen here...and there is a difference. It is not Irish Soda bread which always struck me as being more biscuit like than bread like. Make sense?... it comes 2 loaves in a package, and its brand name is Promise..Multigrain Loaf. I recall a lot of purple and green outer packaging? maybe?

Yeah, the guy they said started the fires, either is or wanted to be a fireman as I recall from the news...not an uncommon story.

I think our early morning low was 39...not my idea of ideal!!!

Trip to the gym...yep, I got a wellness check from them last week...(insert blushing emoji), and I want to get into the market next door, so there's that, and some things to mail off, and a quick, (hope) trip to little doc's office. I got billed for a vit. D test to the tune of $232 bucks, and I need to know how to go about questioning that...as I know they've (medicare) has paid for it before.
    There is also the issue of breakfast, which I am about to head to the kitchen to address!

Oh, about shoe width...just take your self into a shoe store, not one of the cheapie places, and look at shoes, ask to be measured, and they will tell you what your size and width are...and if they don't have your width, well...you still have the info you needed :), right?

Later...

• parityanimal
    I bought a package of the vegan American cheese slices at Publix, just to try.

While not tasting QUITE as good as real American cheese, the slice I ate had a decent flavor and I could have believed it was real cheese, if not told otherwise. The texture was a bit different, maybe more elastic, and not as easily broken, but the small piece I put on a paper plate and microwaved melted very nicely, and then tasted even MORE like cheese. I think it would make a fine grilled "cheese" sandwich, a theory which may be tested fairly soon.

The "cheese" did NOT pass the Lilo test, however. She was interested, and thought I was opening a package of real cheese, but the little corner I broke off for her was sniffed, licked, pushed, and abandoned, uneaten. Lilo LOVES cheese, but apparently isn't about to be fooled by fake cheese.

I give it a THUMBS UP. Lilo gives it a thumbs down.

• parityanimal
    Looking online, apparently Sprouts has the vegan egg replacer, if one wants to try it. Next time I'm headed that way I might check those out.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Failed the Lilo test!! HA HA HA!!! That's funny! and cute. Just explain to Lilo that its a 'human thing'... :)
    Glad you liked your trial taste, I think you'll be surprised at how good a grilled cheeze sandwich it makes...or I thought so. (Just remember I haven't had 'real cheese', for over 5 years....) so my taste buds and my perception of cheese could be faulty. Geeze, rereading before I post, and that is one really awkward sentence!!!! But I think you'll figure its meaning out!

I've got a documentary to watch in 7 parts starting tonite...its Betrayed. It doesn't start until 9p, and I think I'll be asleep by then...fortunately it runs for 24 hours, so I'll catch it tomorrow...I'm tired.
    Made some almond milk, and need to go squeeze the nut bag. Am using the milk in an apple and raisin crisp that sounded good to me. (lots of cinnamon)...I'll share the recipe if its indeed tasty. Probably won't happen before Wed, maybe Thursday though.

Chiro tomorrow...I'm so glad. My hip is really acting up. Started Saturday night, and its making me miserable. Tried to blow leaves this after, and pretty quickly gave up. Should be much better tomorrow afternoon.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was showing 48 degrees this morning 11 degrees warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked 7.895 steps. The weather is rainy today or I mightg have gone somewhat further. It is not a heavy rain, it is raining enough to be a nuisance however :)
    Princeton Polling Expert Who Called Election Wrong Eats a Bug on CNN to Honor Promise
    Dr. Sam Wang, founder of the Princeton Election Consortium, proved he is a man of his word on Saturday when he ate a bug on CNN.
    “It’s totally over. If Trump wins more than 240 electoral votes, I will eat a bug,” Wang tweeted on October 18.

On CNN last Saturday, three days before the election, Wang doubled down on that promise.
    “Dr. Wang, you were so sure of the outcome you tweeted recently that you would ‘eat a bug’ if Donald Trump pulled this thing out. Now that was pre-Comey, the latest Comey revelation, but it is that still your view?” CNN’s Michael Smerconish asked Wang on November 5.
    “Yeah, what I said in that tweet was that Trump was unlikely to break 240 electoral votes and I think that’s pretty much the same. Honestly, this race is the most stable statistically since Eisenhower beat Stevenson in ’52. So I think things are looking the same and we should stay calm,” Wang responded.

Wang also said the odds were about four to one in favor of the Democrats winning control of the Senate. On election day, however, Republicans maintained their Senate majority.

On Saturday, Wang delivered on his promise, live on CNN.
    “What about the bug?” Smerconish asked, with a broad smile on his face.
    “Can you see this?” Wang responded.
    “This is a can of gourmet style crickets. Gourmet from the point of view of a pet, I should say,” Wang said as he held up a small can for the camera.
    “I’m told that it’s a great source of protein,” he added.
    “Now, Mike, you really want me to do this,” Wang asked.
    Smerconish did not let him off the hook.
    “I kind of would,” Smerconish answered. “Let’s put it to bed, once and for all.”
    “Like John the Baptist in the wilderness, he ate locusts and honey. So I regard myself as being in the wilderness a little. After all, I was wrong. A lot of people were wrong, but nobody else made the promise I did,” Wang said.
    “See this, here it goes,” Wang said, as he stuck a spoon into a bowl he held in his left hand, scooped up a cricket, placed it in his mouth, and swallowed the bug.
    “You’re a man of your word, Dr. Wang. How was it, by the way?” Smerconish asked.
    “Kind of mostly honeyish, a little nutty,” Wang responded.
    “You delivered, OK? You’re a man of your word. I appreciate it. It was sensationalistic, but it was worth it.” Smerconish said.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning Roger!
    The bread is in the bakery(at Costco)... meaning its not frozen, but fresh. I love the Ezekial Breads, the sprouted grains...but can only get it frozen here...and there is a difference. It is not Irish Soda bread which always struck me as being more biscuit like than bread like. Make sense?... it comes 2 loaves in a package, and its brand name is Promise..Multigrain Loaf. I recall a lot of purple and green outer packaging? maybe?

Yeah, the guy they said started the fires, either is or wanted to be a fireman as I recall from the news...not an uncommon story.

I think our early morning low was 39...not my idea of ideal!!!

Trip to the gym...yep, I got a wellness check from them last week...(insert blushing emoji), and I want to get into the market next door, so there's that, and some things to mail off, and a quick, (hope) trip to little doc's office. I got billed for a vit. D test to the tune of $232 bucks, and I need to know how to go about questioning that...as I know they've (medicare) has paid for it before.
    There is also the issue of breakfast, which I am about to head to the kitchen to address!

Oh, about shoe width...just take your self into a shoe store, not one of the cheapie places, and look at shoes, ask to be measured, and they will tell you what your size and width are...and if they don't have your width, well...you still have the info you needed :), right?

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I will have to remember to look the next time I go to CostCo, Thanks for clarifying where to look. Finding things there can be a bit of a problem :)

That Might be why I like a Irish Soda Bread...

I agree, that seems to happen regularly and even with firemen being caught as arsonists :(

I agree 39 is not my ideal wake up temperature either.

Hmmm... I had the same news from medicare the other day about a Vitiamin D test too. I did notice however that it said the amount I was responsible for was $0 :)
    I hope that figure is true.

I will have to look and see where there is even a shoe store anymore.
    Failed the Lilo test!! HA HA HA!!! That's funny! and cute. Just explain to Lilo that its a 'human thing'... :)
    Glad you liked your trial taste, I think you'll be surprised at how good a grilled cheeze sandwich it makes...or I thought so. (Just remember I haven't had 'real cheese', for over 5 years....) so my taste buds and my perception of cheese could be faulty. Geeze, rereading before I post, and that is one really awkward sentence!!!! But I think you'll figure its meaning out!

I've got a documentary to watch in 7 parts starting tonite...its Betrayed. It doesn't start until 9p, and I think I'll be asleep by then...fortunately it runs for 24 hours, so I'll catch it tomorrow...I'm tired.
    Made some almond milk, and need to go squeeze the nut bag. Am using the milk in an apple and raisin crisp that sounded good to me. (lots of cinnamon)...I'll share the recipe if its indeed tasty. Probably won't happen before Wed, maybe Thursday though.

Chiro tomorrow...I'm so glad. My hip is really acting up. Started Saturday night, and its making me miserable. Tried to blow leaves this after, and pretty quickly gave up. Should be much better tomorrow afternoon.

Later...

Good Luck with the Hip Pain
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I bought a package of the vegan American cheese slices at Publix, just to try.

While not tasting QUITE as good as real American cheese, the slice I ate had a decent flavor and I could have believed it was real cheese, if not told otherwise. The texture was a bit different, maybe more elastic, and not as easily broken, but the small piece I put on a paper plate and microwaved melted very nicely, and then tasted even MORE like cheese. I think it would make a fine grilled "cheese" sandwich, a theory which may be tested fairly soon.

The "cheese" did NOT pass the Lilo test, however. She was interested, and thought I was opening a package of real cheese, but the little corner I broke off for her was sniffed, licked, pushed, and abandoned, uneaten. Lilo LOVES cheese, but apparently isn't about to be fooled by fake cheese.

I give it a THUMBS UP. Lilo gives it a thumbs down.
    Hi Ed
    Goes to show what shape our taste buds are in :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! High predicted of 69 today with 0% chance of rain. I've been up since a few minutes before 8:00, amazed that the cats let me sleep that late.

My breakfast was, again, leftover boneless chuck short ribs, with a few carrot pieces and half a potato. Still tasting good to me! Lunch is up in the air. A friend came by yesterday so she and J could go orchid hunting at another friend's, since the other friend is moving to Denver and is ridding himself of most of his orchids to make the move easier. When they got back from the orchid hunting (with a car full of orchids...) I had the makings for Frito chili nachos ready, and we all sat down to a big plate of that.

There is about enough home made veggie chili, cheese sauce, and guacamole left for one nice plate, and there is always (almost) salsa available in this house. Plenty of Fritos left too, so that might be my lunch if I don't decide to have a grilled "cheese" sandwich that would be a big disappointment to Lilo.

I need to make sure, during this week, to clear out enough space in the refrigerator to bring the turkey in from the deep freeze in the garage, so I can start it thawing this weekend too! While I have roasted a few whole chickens in recent years I can't remember the last time I roasted a whole turkey, but this should be good. If I remember right, it's got one of those pop-up thingies to tell me when it is presumably done, so all I have to do is remember to baste and, when the pop-up thingie pops, verify the temperature with my meat thermometer.

In recent years I have always just slow cooked a boneless turkey breast for the Thanksgiving main meat, which is very easy. If I had a slow cooker big enough I'd consider that for this whole bird.

I have a friend who slow cooks whole chickens often and she says she starts with the chicken FROZEN and 8 hours on low produces a perfect chicken. Not sure if I'm willing to start one frozen in the slow cooker...but maybe. I figure 6 or 7 hours on low for a thawed chicken might work well. I might try doing the last whole chicken in the freezer in a slow cooker sometime to see, but I really do like my crispy chicken skin from one done in the oven, even the MICROWAVE oven. I suppose I could do one in the slow cooker and stick it under the broiler for a few minutes at the end.

I have a wonderful microwave roasting pan that does meats and poultry beautifully in the microwave. Unfortunately, they don't make this pan any more, so I'm glad I got one for my mother and one for me back when they DID make them. The food comes out browned nicely, tender and juicy and you have to be very careful not to overcook it. I can get a large chicken done in about 45 minutes in that pan, using the microwave. I've done beef top round roast in there and pork loin too, and they all come out amazing. Look on eBay for a MAGNAWAVE microwave roasting pan if interested.

Well, Eddie the housekeeper needs to get a move on...a few thing need to be cleaned, if he doesn't get too distracted.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    0sFJWx.jpg

YrstXL.jpg

9U9fv9.jpg

QJGdMl.jpg

q3dZXW.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Wellll, me and the hip are back home. Still quite sore...Icing 20 minutes every hour today and possibly tomorrow, depending on how it feels. (as usual, I did a really good job of messing up my lower back/hip)
    I came straight home, didn't even think more than one brief second about driving on to Whole Foods! So, lunch will probably be a grilled 'cheeze' open face sandwich and a big big salad. I have tofu to press and bake or dry fry, but not today!

Many years ago, I had a friend who had a pet squirrel...Henry. Henry fell from his nest, was found and brought home by my friends daughter, and she picked off all the maggots, etc, and nursed the little thing to health...Henry was one spoiled squirrel...had his own bedroom in her house, etc. Henry loved not only his nuts and other squirrel food, but he had a love of people food also...especially Cool Whip. So, one day in the grocery, she picked up a store brand instead of Cool Whip...Henry wouldn't even touch it. So, animals know! We should pay attention to them... :)

Soon as this 20 minutes is up, I'm kitchen bound, and once fed...I think this would be a good nap day!

Loved the cartoons Roger...I had not heard the story of Dr. Sam Wong....but loved the story, wish he'd have been right, and especially loved his integrity with eating a bug.
    About the Vitamin D3...mine was a direct bill from the testing lab! I'll have to watch for the Medicare explanation..

Ed, from what I read, putting a frozen chicken, etc..(including your roast) is not a good idea. The time that the protein is at a place between frozen to done has too long a time span at temps that bacteria, should their be any, and with chicken you can almost bet on it, that bacteria can rapidly grow...giving you a little 'something extra' with your protein....like sick, poison, upchuck, or worse. Not really worth it in my opinion.

Ok, time's up....off to return the frozen pack to the freezer and make myself a grilled cheeze and salad. For some reason I'm hungry, and I had a really good breakfast of black beans (5 oz) 8 oz of cooked mixed greens (spinach, mustard and kale) with onions, garlic and mushrooms for seasonings, and about 5 oz of tasty Sweet potato that I cooked in the pressure cooker...14 minutes...gotta love that! They come out nicely cooked, and moist...not always so in the microwave.

Later...