Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was showing 42 degrees this morning , I have walked 8,778 steps + 1 cent.

Tomorrow is Lunch with friends at the local Thai Food place.
    Seen on the Local Cable news channel this morning, Another bad bet paid off :)
    Trump Stamp: Iowa Man Gets Tattoo on Lower Back After Losing Bet.
    http://whotv.com/2016/11/16/trump-stamp-man-gets-trump-tattoo-on-lower-back-after-losing-bet/
    Editor's Note: Content and language in video below may not be suitable for all viewers
    DAVENPORT, Iowa – Zach Cobert supports Bernie Sanders - but it's Donald Trump whose leaving the biggest imprint on his life.

"Oh my God, what am I doing here?"
    Zach is settling a bet with a buddy. He promised to get a tattoo of Donald Trump on his body if Trump won the election. "Oh snap, today's the day."
    Let the ink flow: "You guys wanted this."
    In the era of social media, Zach went to a tattoo artist and posted every mark and every drawn wisp of Donald Trump's hair live on Facebook. "I'm thinking about my life, how it went wrong, now I'm getting a Trump stamp."
    The picture was picked by his Facebook followers. So was the location: on Zach's lower back.
    "The stupidest thing I've done for views." No argument from his girlfriend.
    "I'm not happy with it," said Jenni Gang. "No. I have to look at it forever."
    Other people at 3-D Skin Lab have their doubts, but a bet's a bet.
    "It's something that I would do so I can't call it too stupid," said fellow customer Josh.
    You can question the sanity, but not the commitment.
    Zach sat in place for hours as the tattoo took shape. And it's not done yet - he has to return to have it finished.
    All this for something he really doesn't want. "I just wish I was getting a normal tattoo, something I wanted."
    And it may make him re-think future bets. Well, maybe.
    "If I keep losing bets, maybe I'll keep going."

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Snipped

Roger, I hope you find Promise bread at your Costco. I had to hunt, and got what I think was the last loaf on the shelves...I found it over with the regular bread...not in the bakery section. They were also pushing a different bread. Little sample person toasting the bread and slathering it with margarine. Whoops, no thanks!
    So will consider this 2 loaf package as 'treasure' until I see it stocked again...

I'm planning to check Whole Foods to see if they carry the Follow My Heart Parm cheese. That would be fantastic! Add that touch of cheese flavor to lots of things. Mixed with Nutritional Yeast should be 'over the top' with flavor.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Now I have to do two things, Go To CostCo and secondly remember to look :)

Was it the different bread part or the margarine? I know I am not a fan of Margarine. I'd just as soon have Olive Oil toasted into it.

Cheers
    Back for the Produce Store and the Christmas Store Roger
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Ed
    I suspect that is good news for You since You do cook for Vegans. That is one thing my Brother does not have to worry about :) Which is lucky for him as he does a fair amount of cooking to pass out to friends.

Indeed! Up to now whenever I've made a vegan dish to bring, I usually have made something J likes that is vegetarian and substitute (or omit) any non-vegan ingredients. Olive oil can be used instead of ghee or butter, usually, eggs and/or cheese were generally omitted, as there didn't seem to be any decent replacements for those.

Every vegan "cheese" I'd tried wouldn't melt AND tasted like *kitten* and I wasn't going to foist that off on my friends. I won't bring anything that I won't eat. I think now the problem may be convincing them that a casserole that appears to be slathered with CHEESE is actually vegan! Lol!
    Hi
    In my case I would just take the label from the vegan cheese along with the Casserole :)
    OTOH I have a simple mind that prefers simple solutions.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Roger,
    It was the margarine. That's nasty stuff..both in taste, and the hydrogenation of the fats.
    I'd even eat real butter before I'd willingly eat margarine! :)

I don't think I'd take the cheese label...there are so many bad tasting fake cheeses that I suspect a lot of folks wouldn't even try tasting it. Let them taste first then tell them if questioned. For sure when they see J eating it they'll wonder/ask.

Heading out the door for Walgreens to find my Aleve patches. Hope I don't drop over dead when I see the cost. First I should hope I find them there! :)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,227 Member
    edited November 2016
    They won't wonder about J eating cheese. He's always eaten cheese and eggs. He's not vegan.

Oh, and my Publix carries the "Follow Your Heart" Parmesan flavor. It looked pretty good, though I didn't buy any.

Haven't been to Sprouts yet to see about getting the egg replacer either.

• GardenKatGardens
    You know Ed, I knew that, just wasn't thinking. Duh!!
    Do let me know when you try the Parmesan Flavor Follow Your Heart....or I'll let you know if I find/try it first.

Well, no I didn't drop dead...nor did I find what I was looking for. I didn't understand this was a TENS system. I thought it was dermal patches like the Nicoderm, or birth control, or the Lidocaine patches I used several years ago. (which by the way I found several of and have one on my back right now.) It seems to be helping. So, no Aleve patches. Oh well. It would be a great thing if it existed. (and the system I found at WalMart was $10 MORE than Amazon...go figure)

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    Its only 55 this morning. Freeze warning...not hardly! Or, it could be the cold front hasn't reached Valerie's yard yet? I dunno. Could turn on the TV, or check my weather map, but why bother. Maybe its going to be that cold tomorrow morning. If so I'd have appreciated the Weather Alert app keeping quiet at 2:33 this morning. I was sleeping nicely, thank you, when it woke me. Grrrrr.

Roger did you find the Promise bread? I hope so, as it is quite tasty. I also hope my Costco keeps it on the shelves. I don't eat a lot of bread, but it sure is nice to have a bit when I want some. And in my opinion for a gluten free bread it is the best yet.

So, these past 2 weeks between the cheese, and the bread...lets just say I'm afraid to get on my scale! Besides the open faced cheese toasts there were several pb&j's as well. Diet Suicide! :)

Lee-Ann, hope you get rested up over the weekend. Travel can be tiring. At least you didn't have to deal with time zone issues. Hope you had a great time in ATL. (silly thing to say, as the point of the trip was to see your daughter! My coffee hasn't kicked in yet.)

Ok, I know there are chores...I best finish my coffee, eat my breakfast, and get at them!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was showing 44 degrees this morning , I have walked 8,778 steps + 1 cent.

Today is Lunch with friends at the local Thai Food place, wish me luck making wise choices :)

Yesterday while I was at the Christmas Tree Shop
    http://www.christmastreeshops.com/
    I picked up a jar of Knotts Berry Farm Boysenberry Jelly. I used to love their Boysenberry Pies when we visited there.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knott's_Berry_Farm
    Knott's Berry Farm is a 160-acre (65 ha) amusement park in Buena Park, California.

Have a Great Saturday
    Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger,
    It was the margarine. That's nasty stuff..both in taste, and the hydrogenation of the fats.
    I'd even eat real butter before I'd willingly eat margarine! :)

I don't think I'd take the cheese label...there are so many bad tasting fake cheeses that I suspect a lot of folks wouldn't even try tasting it. Let them taste first then tell them if questioned. For sure when they see J eating it they'll wonder/ask.

Heading out the door for Walgreens to find my Aleve patches. Hope I don't drop over dead when I see the cost. First I should hope I find them there! :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I never cared for margarine's taste and that was long before I thought about what it was :)
    I remember the packets from when I was a Kid. From Here
    http://iowasue.blogspot.com/2012/02/do-you-remember_26.html
    Do You Remember...?
    When you had to color your own margarine?
    When all you could buy was stick margarine or those plastic bags you had to color yourself?
    When there was a tax on yellow margarine?
    In 1931 a law was passed against coloring margarine. But the margarine industry came up with packages that allowed the housewife to color her margarine at home by adding color packets or color “pills” to the package. You squeezed the pill to open it and then massaged it throughout your margarine package. Myrna and I remember doing this as a "kid's chore".
    In 1949-1950 tax on yellow margarine was repealed. By 1955 every state except Minnesota and Wisconsin had repealed laws against yellow margarine.
    Colored margarine was not sold in Minnesota until 1963 and Wisconsin, "the dairy state", until 1967. We knew folks who drove to Iowa to buy colored margarine! Shows the power of the dairy industry lobby at the time!

I think I'm showing my age :)
    You know Ed, I knew that, just wasn't thinking. Duh!!
    Do let me know when you try the Parmesan Flavor Follow Your Heart....or I'll let you know if I find/try it first.

Well, no I didn't drop dead...nor did I find what I was looking for. I didn't understand this was a TENS system. I thought it was dermal patches like the Nicoderm, or birth control, or the Lidocaine patches I used several years ago. (which by the way I found several of and have one on my back right now.) It seems to be helping. So, no Aleve patches. Oh well. It would be a great thing if it existed. (and the system I found at WalMart was $10 MORE than Amazon...go figure)

Later...
    I have heard from more than one person that the TENS system works for them for pain relief
    I am guessing that the Lidocaine patches You bought are the OTC version rather than the prescription needed version?
    Good Morning!
    Its only 55 this morning. Freeze warning...not hardly! Or, it could be the cold front hasn't reached Valerie's yard yet? I dunno. Could turn on the TV, or check my weather map, but why bother. Maybe its going to be that cold tomorrow morning. If so I'd have appreciated the Weather Alert app keeping quiet at 2:33 this morning. I was sleeping nicely, thank you, when it woke me. Grrrrr.

Roger did you find the Promise bread? I hope so, as it is quite tasty. I also hope my Costco keeps it on the shelves. I don't eat a lot of bread, but it sure is nice to have a bit when I want some. And in my opinion for a gluten free bread it is the best yet.

So, these past 2 weeks between the cheese, and the bread...lets just say I'm afraid to get on my scale! Besides the open faced cheese toasts there were several pb&j's as well. Diet Suicide! :)

Lee-Ann, hope you get rested up over the weekend. Travel can be tiring. At least you didn't have to deal with time zone issues. Hope you had a great time in ATL. (silly thing to say, as the point of the trip was to see your daughter! My coffee hasn't kicked in yet.)

Ok, I know there are chores...I best finish my coffee, eat my breakfast, and get at them!

Later...

No, I did not look as I have not made a CostCo run. There is nothing I need from there enough to make me do a run currently. I probably go every four or five weeks. Then I stock the Freezer with their Frozen Vegetables and the refrigerator with the Light & Fit Greek Yogurt and a bubble pack of apples as the ones from there are never bruised and keep better than the ones from other sources. Not to mention I can be sure that they are this years crop due to the markings on the price signs :)

I still have some of the Ezekiel Bread in the freezer that I can pull a couple of slices to toast one at a time to use with the Boysenberry Jelly. I have high hopes that will be as good as I remember their pie was.

Silly App :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's 57 out there right now and that's as warm as it's supposed to get today! Low tonight predicted of 33 and I see a low of 31 coming up! I think Jack Frost has arrived.

Edwardo made a delicious chili egg puff for dinner last night. Today J needs to get the rest of the frost shy plants inside and then either today or tomorrow he'll head off to Kentucky for Thanksgiving week.

Eduardo has removed Turkey Lurkey from the deep freeze and the bird is sitting in the bottom of the refrigerator to thaw up for Thursday. One single sweet potato, with purple skin (and interior I think) is sitting on the table. Cornbread (with stuffing seasoning baked right into it!) to be made Tuesday probably and then allowed to go stale for a day or two. Pumpkin puree is in the freezer, to be thawed for a small pumpkin pie. I might need to send Eddie for more eggs...cranberries are in the fridge, and kumquats. I am thinking of a cranberry kumquat relish, using a stevia based sweetener. I'll try that sweetener in the pie too. And a small chunk of sliced ham is in the bottom too, for Thanksgiving, along with the BIG Christmas ham at the back, which will stay there until Christmas.

Laundry today for Eddie. Maybe grocery as well, but we'll see.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's 57 out there right now and that's as warm as it's supposed to get today! Low tonight predicted of 33 and I see a low of 31 coming up! I think Jack Frost has arrived.

Edwardo made a delicious chili egg puff for dinner last night. Today J needs to get the rest of the frost shy plants inside and then either today or tomorrow he'll head off to Kentucky for Thanksgiving week.

Eduardo has removed Turkey Lurkey from the deep freeze and the bird is sitting in the bottom of the refrigerator to thaw up for Thursday. One single sweet potato, with purple skin (and interior I think) is sitting on the table. Cornbread (with stuffing seasoning baked right into it!) to be made Tuesday probably and then allowed to go stale for a day or two. Pumpkin puree is in the freezer, to be thawed for a small pumpkin pie. I might need to send Eddie for more eggs...cranberries are in the fridge, and kumquats. I am thinking of a cranberry kumquat relish, using a stevia based sweetener. I'll try that sweetener in the pie too. And a small chunk of sliced ham is in the bottom too, for Thanksgiving, along with the BIG Christmas ham at the back, which will stay there until Christmas.

Laundry today for Eddie. Maybe grocery as well, but we'll see.
    Hi Ed
    You are ahead of us as far as the turkey and Preparations :)

My Brother plans to pick up our free Frozen Turkey tomorrow and let it start thawing in the refrigerator too.

For some reason our family never used a Cornbread stuffing or a Sausage Stuffing. We always started with dried bread broken up and seasoned and the Turkey stock made by boiling the Giblets.

FWIW For sweetener I have been using Truvia, Truvía® is a sugar substitute made from three main ingredients: stevia leaf extract, erythritol and other natural flavors. The Sugar Alcohol can lead to excessive glassiness in some people :) Since I have a sweet tooth I use two packets with 30g of cereal. That is the equivalent of four sugar packets. I have these since they were sold at CostCo at a decent price.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I forgot to mention that we now have Moxie in the House that was purchased at the Christmas Tree Shop too.
    http://www.drinkmoxie.com/history.php
    re-1885: Dr. Augustin Thompson...short bio: born in Union ME...Civil war veteran, playwright, and homeopathic physician...set up practice in Lowell, MA, which was home to many patent medicines...wanted to make a cure-all which did not contain harmful ingredients like cocaine and alcohol. Note: no evidence that Moxie was ever commercially produced prior to 1885, even in non-carbonated form. Folklore points to earlier dates, but again, no evidence. Thompson was never a pharmacist, never worked for Ayer Drug Co. as sometimes alleged.

1885-1899: Moxie Nerve Food invented and patented in 1885. First bottled carbonated beverage made in America. Many wild curative claims. Attempted distribution in Atlanta, Denver, & Chicago, but never really took off except in northeast. Also introduced in lozenge format, but that did not do well. Fantastic claim that basic secret ingredient (now known to be gentian root) was discovered by Thompson's former comrade, a Lt. Moxie (he never existed) while traveling in the wilds of South America somewhere. Unique Moxie bottle wagons were used to dispense Moxie at fairs and amusement parks. Some ads incorporated then-popular "brownies" in them, others promoted a "health and vigor" theme (almost like today's "energy drinks").

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Wow!! Eddie has this T Day thing planned to a "T"! I'm impressed! Hope he gets a nice 'reward' for his efforts Ed. :) Like a tasty wine????
    Like Roger never had cornbread stuffing at home...bread, seasonings, celery, etc. 'stuffed right into the bird'...there never was enough to suit me, but nobody ever suggested baking it in a separate pan either. Wonder why? Hmmm.
    I found a 'Chicken sausage stuffing, using things not vegan, but the recipe can easily be converted using fake sausage, omitting the butter, its just a tiny bit anyhow, etc. Sounded really good to me, so I may make some this week, just cuz I can. Will nibble on it for the week.

Roger, see that's where you and I are different...I'd be at Costco knocking on their big door looking for __________. whatever somebody said was tasty. (I've grown to hate the word 'yummy') :) Just me you understand. Your way is more 'sensible'...another thing I'm not always!! :):smiley:

Now, for your daily laugh...no not a funny cartoon, though I do enjoy those. In this case its my breakfast. I started out going to wilt my greens (today spinach and beet greens), and add some onion and garlic. And from there, well you'll see: spied the mushrooms, ok, half of the small box, oh, and grate a bit of that big fat carrot, easy enough... not exactly in the mood for beans this morning, so I opened a box of tofu, rinsed, and squeezed it with my hands and paper towel, cubed and in the big skillet it went, oh, heck toss in a goodly amount of powdered turmeric too. Finally got around to the chopped beet greens and spinach. I caved and added a quarter teaspoon of pink salt...not at all sure it made any taste difference. :neutral: But, it was delicious, as well as nutritious! Made two 12 ounce portions. One I ate, the other is in the Refrigerator for tomorrow morning. I'd already eaten my banana when i took my Aleve earlier. Lunch should be about mmmmm 2-3ish. I was hurting last night so opened a frozen Tandoor Chef dinner...Kofta Curry. Spicy good! lots of the red spicy sauce...so I saved about 3 T.of that spicy red gravy and will drizzle it over a couple baked falafel, and stuff them into half a pita pocket, In refrig, needs to be eaten, shouldn't bother me too much. and a big green salad with lots of raw veggies, and some cooked beets...yep, that's where the green tops came from!
    So, as my boys would say...Mom you eat weird. Yep I do...healthy as all get out. They should try it! HA! not likely to happen. Yes, Ted is vegetarian, but not exactly a healthy one.

Ok, I'm sure those long put off chores are still out there waiting.
    So far this morning, now that I'm awake and have moved about a bit, happy to say my back/hip/right glute isn't as sore as it has been. My aim for today is to keep it that way!

Later...

• Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Good Morning Folks,

Val, that breakfast (yesterday) sounds creative...and a bit different,. "Weird" has a qualitative tone about it. Different is...just different - not good or bad. Probably a bit spicy for me with all the turmeric and red spicy sauce (I can only handle a little heat). But it does get me thinking about what I can do. As for the Atlanta trip...it was fun, but not one to see my daughter. She lives in Oregon (she was visiting Atlanta last spring). I was speaking at a conference. The attendees enjoyed my talk, so that is always rewarding...it means I met their expectations and needs. Re: the TENS unit, be careful with that. I have one from several years ago that was paid for a "durable medical equipment" by my health insurance co. It felt so good for the 15 minutes that I left it on for much, much longer. That caused a horrible muscle cramp in my neck (where I had the pain). Now, when I use it, I am careful to limit myself to 15 minutes!

Roger, we've tried Trivia. I was fine, but not my husband. We used to get a substitute that was labeled "Stevia," like the plant, but it is no longer sold. Now he gets "Zing," but I think that is being discontinued. The sugar substitute options are definitely decreasing around here. I know some folks use honey, but that is definitely not low cal. And I do not like that taste. For now, my husband is buying up Zing supplies.

Ed/Eddie/Eduardo - good morning to you. I have to cook a turkey breast to bring to the big family dinner. Can you ask one of your gang to do my bird? Please?

Today is the Phila. marathon, a run (I think it is 10 miles). Yesterday was mid-60s, sunny, dry - just beautiful. A perfect day for a run. Today? No rain, but very windy and very cold (mid-30s). I feel for those runners!

Take care all.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! And now it's Thanksgiving week! Laundry all done yesterday, and today J will probably head up to Kentucky. Hopefully D, his mother, stepfather, grandmother, and assorted other maternal relatives in Tucson will enjoy the dinner I ordered for them and not complain too much that it's NOT HER COOKING and, of course, doesn't taste just like it. Yes, D and his mother can be that picky, but I won't take it personally. She's undergoing chemo and not up to cooking and they all know that so I expect they'll be happy to have any dinner at all. I would be under the circumstances. What I ordered from Whole Wallet ... er Whole Foods certainly sounds like a good dinner anyway, and D or his stepfather just have to pick it up on Wednesday afternoon and then warm it all up on Thanksgiving. Surely they can handle that! Oh, and since D always wants corn and the dinner didn't have corn as an option, he'll have to buy a can of corn...and any other add-ons they desire, but the turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, and two desserts are ordered.

I hope that she is recovered enough from chemo treatments to at least be able to enjoy the dinner, and that she doesn't have another until a few days after...but I don't know her schedule on that.

I'll probably make contact Thursday evening (if they haven't already contacted me) to see how that all went.

• RogerToo
    CGLKsb.png

sQG35f.png

9XSgYK.jpg

3bXspl.png

aVtfY1.jpg

p4kQN2.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was showing 38 degrees and very breezy this morning and as I started walking up the street I see that in addition to the extremely loud Thunderstorm before midnight, loud enough to wake my brother and I out of a sound sleep that we had some snow overnight. Not much but noticeable in some yards with the grass sticking up through it and on some of the cars, not all cars strangely. I have only walked 6.8K steps due to the wind that at times blew hard enough I had to lean into it.

No Saturday Lunch at the Thai food Restaurant :( One of the participants had car trouble, Tire was flat and ruined so we are rescheduled for next Saturday, after Thanksgiving, Oh well.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Wow!! Eddie has this T Day thing planned to a "T"! I'm impressed! Hope he gets a nice 'reward' for his efforts Ed. :) Like a tasty wine????
    Like Roger never had cornbread stuffing at home...bread, seasonings, celery, etc. 'stuffed right into the bird'...there never was enough to suit me, but nobody ever suggested baking it in a separate pan either. Wonder why? Hmmm.
    I found a 'Chicken sausage stuffing, using things not vegan, but the recipe can easily be converted using fake sausage, omitting the butter, its just a tiny bit anyhow, etc. Sounded really good to me, so I may make some this week, just cuz I can. Will nibble on it for the week.

Roger, see that's where you and I are different...I'd be at Costco knocking on their big door looking for __________. whatever somebody said was tasty. (I've grown to hate the word 'yummy') :) Just me you understand. Your way is more 'sensible'...another thing I'm not always!! :):smiley:

Now, for your daily laugh...no not a funny cartoon, though I do enjoy those. In this case its my breakfast. I started out going to wilt my greens (today spinach and beet greens), and add some onion and garlic. And from there, well you'll see: spied the mushrooms, ok, half of the small box, oh, and grate a bit of that big fat carrot, easy enough... not exactly in the mood for beans this morning, so I opened a box of tofu, rinsed, and squeezed it with my hands and paper towel, cubed and in the big skillet it went, oh, heck toss in a goodly amount of powdered turmeric too. Finally got around to the chopped beet greens and spinach. I caved and added a quarter teaspoon of pink salt...not at all sure it made any taste difference. :neutral: But, it was delicious, as well as nutritious! Made two 12 ounce portions. One I ate, the other is in the Refrigerator for tomorrow morning. I'd already eaten my banana when i took my Aleve earlier. Lunch should be about mmmmm 2-3ish. I was hurting last night so opened a frozen Tandoor Chef dinner...Kofta Curry. Spicy good! lots of the red spicy sauce...so I saved about 3 T.of that spicy red gravy and will drizzle it over a couple baked falafel, and stuff them into half a pita pocket, In refrig, needs to be eaten, shouldn't bother me too much. and a big green salad with lots of raw veggies, and some cooked beets...yep, that's where the green tops came from!
    So, as my boys would say...Mom you eat weird. Yep I do...healthy as all get out. They should try it! HA! not likely to happen. Yes, Ted is vegetarian, but not exactly a healthy one.

Ok, I'm sure those long put off chores are still out there waiting.
    So far this morning, now that I'm awake and have moved about a bit, happy to say my back/hip/right glute isn't as sore as it has been. My aim for today is to keep it that way!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I have sort of started my Christmas shopping. I have a Emergency Medical kit I plan to ship out to my Sister as part of here gifts. I am thinking about one of these too.
    Historic Reproduction Storm Glass
    Xq2BwP.jpg
    or one of these two Galileo Weather Stations.
    XCkq15.jpg
    b2Q8mL.jpg
    Available here http://www.bitsandpieces.com/
    Some neat things and some not so neat IMO.

Our Stuffing was always stuffed inside the bird too, The balance usually filled the Roaster around the Turkey. The Bits that were against the Bottom of the pan and the sides and to a lesser extent where they got nice and crispy brown were (are) so delicious too. Lots of Turkey fat and juices soaked into the bread stuffing that way :)

I am not sure it is sensible or just laziness that am a bit of a homebody...

I have had meals that just grew that way in the past and they still do for my brother.

I always liked taking the left over Turkey and putting some in a deep skillet with mashed potatoes, Stuffing, peas and corn, gravy and frying it in Butter as the oil for a skillet meal after Thanksgiving day. Now I skip that :(

I'm glad to hear that the soreness is better

Enjoy Your Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Good Morning Folks,

Val, that breakfast (yesterday) sounds creative...and a bit different,. "Weird" has a qualitative tone about it. Different is...just different - not good or bad. Probably a bit spicy for me with all the turmeric and red spicy sauce (I can only handle a little heat). But it does get me thinking about what I can do. As for the Atlanta trip...it was fun, but not one to see my daughter. She lives in Oregon (she was visiting Atlanta last spring). I was speaking at a conference. The attendees enjoyed my talk, so that is always rewarding...it means I met their expectations and needs. Re: the TENS unit, be careful with that. I have one from several years ago that was paid for a "durable medical equipment" by my health insurance co. It felt so good for the 15 minutes that I left it on for much, much longer. That caused a horrible muscle cramp in my neck (where I had the pain). Now, when I use it, I am careful to limit myself to 15 minutes!

Roger, we've tried Trivia. I was fine, but not my husband. We used to get a substitute that was labeled "Stevia," like the plant, but it is no longer sold. Now he gets "Zing," but I think that is being discontinued. The sugar substitute options are definitely decreasing around here. I know some folks use honey, but that is definitely not low cal. And I do not like that taste. For now, my husband is buying up Zing supplies.

Ed/Eddie/Eduardo - good morning to you. I have to cook a turkey breast to bring to the big family dinner. Can you ask one of your gang to do my bird? Please?

Today is the Phila. marathon, a run (I think it is 10 miles). Yesterday was mid-60s, sunny, dry - just beautiful. A perfect day for a run. Today? No rain, but very windy and very cold (mid-30s). I feel for those runners!

Take care all.

Hi Lee-Ann
    Valerie's breakfast would be to hot for my tastes too. I find that I do like the Stevia sweeteners that I have tried. CostCo changed what was available between my first box and my second Box however they were both fine on cereal.

Thank You for the warning on the TENS, I do have one that I am not currently using, Thankfully no real pains so no need :)

OTOH the Cold and breeze will keep the from terminal sweat. I do not know how they can get out and do those distances in the warm weather.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! And now it's Thanksgiving week! Laundry all done yesterday, and today J will probably head up to Kentucky. Hopefully D, his mother, stepfather, grandmother, and assorted other maternal relatives in Tucson will enjoy the dinner I ordered for them and not complain too much that it's NOT HER COOKING and, of course, doesn't taste just like it. Yes, D and his mother can be that picky, but I won't take it personally. She's undergoing chemo and not up to cooking and they all know that so I expect they'll be happy to have any dinner at all. I would be under the circumstances. What I ordered from Whole Wallet ... er Whole Foods certainly sounds like a good dinner anyway, and D or his stepfather just have to pick it up on Wednesday afternoon and then warm it all up on Thanksgiving. Surely they can handle that! Oh, and since D always wants corn and the dinner didn't have corn as an option, he'll have to buy a can of corn...and any other add-ons they desire, but the turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, and two desserts are ordered.

I hope that she is recovered enough from chemo treatments to at least be able to enjoy the dinner, and that she doesn't have another until a few days after...but I don't know her schedule on that.

I'll probably make contact Thursday evening (if they haven't already contacted me) to see how that all went.
    Hi Ed
    That is a nice thing to do for the Holiday Dinner.
    I think if I wanted corn I might go either frozen corn kernels or frozen corn on the cob,

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie
    Have You seen this post
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10481160/vegan-hard-cheese-all-you-need-is-a-blender-and-a-stove#latest
    Ingredients
    - 1 cup non-lite plant milk - soy, cashew (I used my own cashew milk -- easypeasy, soaked the nuts in water overnight, then used 1/3 cup soaked cashews and 1 cup clean water in lieu of the preprepared milk in this recipe)
    - 1 cup cooked sweet potato (boiled them, rather than bake them so they're moist)
    - 1/2 tsp paprika
    - 1/2 tsp cumin
    - 1 tsp salt
    - 1 tbsp soy sauce (I used Maggi seasoning)
    - 2 tsp garlic powder or 1~2 cloves (I used 2 cloves and it was pretty strong, and I love garlic!)
    - 1/2 lemon juice
    - 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
    - 1 cup water
    - 2 1/2 tbsp agar agar (you can find this at many supermarkets, definitely at Asian grocers)

Instructions
    1. Peel and boil sweet potato
    2. In blender put milk (or nuts and water), cooked sweet potato, paprika, cumin, salt, soy sauce, garlic powder, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and blend until it's all mixed up.
    3. In saucepan add 1 cup cold water and mix in agar agar powder, mix through then add to low/medium heat and mix for 5 minutes until thickened. I didn't need 5 minutes...more like 2!
    4. Pour agar agar in blender, blend and pour in a dish to set.

Put in fridge for 30 minutes at least. After 30 minutes mine was still pretty soft in the middle.
    Ready!

Store in fridge for 4/5 days.