Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,502 Member
    Options
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Roger, thanks for the directions to click not he star ("favorites"), but it won't let me click that, saying I don't have any favorites yet. I would like to make this a favorite...help, again, please? I know there will come a time that I can't use the NS link to get here!

Once you get here, just save this thread in your browser favorites. That way the link is on your computer and you are not depending on another site to provide it.

Wait until you are actually IN the thread and reading messages to save it to favorites or bookmarks, whichever one your browser calls it.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Roger, thanks for the directions to click not he star ("favorites"), but it won't let me click that, saying I don't have any favorites yet. I would like to make this a favorite...help, again, please? I know there will come a time that I can't use the NS link to get here!
    Nope...still had to use the NS link...no favorites (bookmarks, whatever) in my MFP bar.

Hi
    It does seem a little flaky.
    Parity Animals suggestion will work.

Cheers
    Roger
    capsnut wrote: »
    Hi Everyone and Happy Saturday,
    It looks like I made it here, thanks Roger for setting this up for us. I've decided to stay with NS a bit longer after learning that I can still manage my account and do some other basic things online after they've made the changes. It's cool and potentially damp here this morning so I'm getting ready to get out and do my roadwork with Fury before it starts. Good to be here with my friends. Have a good day everyone!

Hi
    I'm glad You are staying with us
    Roger

Once you get here, just save this thread in your browser favorites. That way the link is on your computer and you are not depending on another site to provide it.

Wait until you are actually IN the thread and reading messages to save it to favorites or bookmarks, whichever one your browser calls it.

HI Lets not forget that You can make the browser smaller and drag the address to the desktop to create a shortcut too.

Want to MultiQuote?
    Click Quote on the first post to quote from and then repeat for each additional post You want to quote

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Humm! I wonder if we can search by 'flagged' messages? If that would work, first poster of the day can flag his/her post and save a lot of 'scrolling energy'!! I'll give it a try...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Nope, that didn't work. Rats!!!
    I listened to 3 hours of the 4th Food Revolution Summit. Interesting. Especially Dr. Mark Hyman.
    Cats are fed, and so far I've had breakfast and am now eating my raw veggie stuffed pita, with hummus 'mayonnaise' and kale sprouts. Carrot, onion, fennel, green bell pepper, radish, oh heck, all good crispy raw veggies that were in my refrigerator.
    Time to get up and move!
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    I gave up on trying to find our group through MFP and just set this thread as a favorite in my toolbars. I am saying the end justifies the means!
    Still a bit cool here for spring. Did Nature cheat us out of the season? I suppose there still is time to get in the sun (and hope She does it soon!).
    Enjoy the day all. Lots of paperwork on my schedule. Great news, however: I have a week off between my classes (those I take, not those I teach). Marc and I may go camping for a few days, if the weather somewhere in a reasonable distance is decent.
    Take care all. And Roger, thanks for your tutorials...but I see I am a complete failure in this stuff!
  • Leemom3
    Options
    FYI...still challenged here. I added a photo in my settings...or so I thought. But it isn't showing up as my avatar. Ideas?
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Working that long closing tonight, 3:30 to 11:30. Bleah.
  • capsnut
    capsnut Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Morning All,
    I'm tired and sore after a good workout in the afternoon in my backyard. I managed to get it all cleaned up and I got up early this morning and found there was no wind so I did the annual ritual of burning off the iris beds in the backyard. Now it really is done. The only thing that remains now is the side yard and the front yard which are very small and are easy to clean up. The day is cool and threatening showers off and on, feeling like a good day to rest and recoup for the start of the week tomorrow. Have a good day everyone!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning Don…great news about the clean-up! I know that's a relief. Burning off the Iris Beds…explain please. Gardening practice I've never heard of. (mine are blooming already so it would be too late for mine).
    I'm glad you made it to this board. We'd have missed you! (and Fury)!!!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! I've been up for a while but distracted by feeding Lilo, making (and consuming) breakfast, and getting the dishwasher started. Lilo got a bite of breakfast, but that's all. No work today, but I do need to get out to the vet to buy Lilo's canned food as we have only one can left, and that will last only two days.
  • Leemom3
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Well, Ia m hopeless! Bread crumbs don't work for me. I needed a leash. I put this group in my favorites bar on my laptop. If I go on another computer...I am lost, but at least I found everyone now!
    Folks here have changed screen names...so now I have to re-learn everyone!
    Don, why do you burn the iris plants?
    Monday and Tuesday I leave too early for work to get on here (unless i have difficulty sleeping), so I will make this short for now. Perhaps I will get to see more of you by Wednesday.
    Take care all.
  • capsnut
    capsnut Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,
    I'm up and getting ready to go to work. It has been raining here and is cool, hopefully that will begin to change today and shape up for the weekend. Due to the cool weather and the need to get the yard done neither the motorcycle or the smoker saw the light of day last weekend. This weekend should be really nice and I expect that both will make an appearance. Haven't been walking for the last few days as I threw my back out a little when I was working in the yard, getting better though, should be good to go tomorrow. So the question of the day is about "burning off the iris beds", this is a ritual that I do every spring in my back yard. When the all the flowers die over the winter they create lots of dead debris in the beds. Before the new flowers begin to pop up in the ground I burn off the dead debris and it cleans the beds and possibly fertilizes the new plants as well. I've been doing this for 30 years, the trick is to get to them before the new plants begin to pop up from the ground. I water it all down really good to both make sure there is no fire danger and to get my new flowers off to a good start. It seems to work, they come up really nice every year. Anyway, have a good day all!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Thanks Don! I had the sneaking feeling it was for weed control. Hadn't thought about the left over debris…good point. Not at all sure it would work here…as we have to plant the rhizomes about half out of the ground….

So glad the bike and smoker are on the list for the weekend!!

Bet Fury is glad the snow is gone, and also hopes your back lets you both go out for a good walk soon!

See you later!

• Leemom3
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation Don. Hoping for a lovely weekend here too...hiking is on the schedule! Will give more info after the weekend...but there are several work days between now and then!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Wednesday morning!
    This day is just marching on at warp speed! I was going to post that the washing machine and dishwasher were both started..
    Well, derailed by emails…
    So now clothes in dryer, on Second cuppa, and dishwasher on drying phase!…Hmmm

What I learned this morning….
    found a glasses outlet online that I think I might like/trust..

New Diet: (don't ya just love diet of the day?) Anyhow named MIND sorta like Dash :) anyhow its a Mediterranean diet/Dash Diet combo…
    Off the plate: red meat, cheese, sweets, fried food…or at least limited to less than once per week..
    ON the plate…leafy greens, vegetables, nuts berries, beans, whole grains fish, poultry olive oil and wine.
    Pretty much like what I'm already doing…. study was published in Alzheimer's & Dementia journal, and was a 9 year study, of 1000 folks.
    "results look promising'

There you have it…not only am I gonna live to a ripe old age, but keep my mind so I can bedevil my kids with lots of 'when you were younger' stories…the grands LOVE these stories!!! LOL!!!!

Raining here, so its a 'lets clean house' day off….
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Rainy but not bad here. Closing tonight, but with luck I'll remember to put some beans on to soak for tomorrow night's dinner, either before I go to work, or after I get home.
  • Leemom3
    Options
    Hi All,
    Hmmmm, a Mediterranean-type diet that includes no cheese (or limited to once a week). I like the Mediterranean part, the no cheese - no feta, (fat free) would be tough for me. I know...lots of sodium. But I am pretty good with my sodium intake...usually. But the idea of keeping my mind for a good bit longer does sound like a good idea!
    I think it is supposed to rain here today and tomorrow, then gorgeous Sat-Sun (actually, through Monday). Would love to do something Monday outside of work, but I have to teach live, face to face...and I can't blow off my students. They have a major exam next week. I guess I have to be the adult and take the responsibility seriously. Darn!
    Enjoy the day, whatever it is.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good morning!
    I"ll copy this to the NS board, as we seem to be using both right now!
    That said, I have no new news!!! LOL! (feature that)
    Already hard at work this morning…ok, so I ordered scripts online, and ground coffee…that counts, right? :)
    Getting light outside, so I guess its time to go feed the wild ones.
    Later!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I have a few chicken tenders in the toaster oven for breakfast. Beans are soaked and ready to put in the crockpots as soon as I finish breakfast. One small crockpot with just beans, salt and water, as that's the way J likes them. One larger crockpot with the ham bone from Easter, more beans, some spicy seasoning (surprising but J does not like his great northern beans prepared spicy, even though he likes just about everything else VERY spicy) and maybe some garlic in with my beans. Lilo has been fed, though she hasn't checked that out yet.

Well, time to post as I heard the toaster oven bell go off!

Later, gators.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Well, I soaked lots of great northern beans overnight and ended up with one small crockpot with just beans, water and salt cooking for J, as that's the way he likes his, one large crockpot with the ham bone from easter, a bunch of beans, water, salt, pepper, garlic powder and a couple of tablespoons of extra spicy Mrs. Dash, and one small pot of beans with spices and a bit of diced jalapeño on the stove. All are happily going. The one on the stove will likely provide my lunch. The two crockpots will supply dinner, along with some cornbread, fried potatoes (mostly for J, though I will have a bite) and maybe (probably) some collard greens, mostly for me, though J may taste them. He's not overly fond of greens, though I have made them in ways that he thought were quite good. I'll make the greens vegetarian in case he wants any.