Options

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Hi LeeAnn, and all who follow,
    Today is hair day in ATL. Perm and cut and I'll be good to go for another 5-6 weeks! After that I'll probably stop by Publix for my lottery tickets..(hope still springs eternal!),
    Did everyone receive an e-mail from NS? I got one several days ago. Sorta skimmed it. Seems they are setting up some sort of help for the newbies. That's a good thing.

Roger, congrats on your NSV! Those, and the darned little bears were great motivators for me, anyhow.

LeeAnn, your trip into the Shenandoah parks sounds wonderful. We enjoyed visiting there when we lived in VA.
    We lived in the Richmond area, and 2 hours in the car would get you to DC, the Chesapeake Bay, or the Shenandoah's! So, there was much to keep one occupied!

OK, time to refill the coffee cup, and maybe make up a batch of muesli. I ran out yesterday, oh Horrors!!!! :)

Later…
    Oh, Ed, hope you do get breakfast and a great report from your Doc this morning!
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,502 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Anyway I had a little NSV moment doing that. I used to have the seat all the way down and back and when I looked at the room between me and the steering wheel I had an Ah Ha moment. I moved the seat up and forward making for a more comfortable drive.

Nice NSV!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I am still around...I didn't desert you folks...unlike the official NS folks. Actually, I will deal fine with it, but I agree with Roger and Val that it is not the best decision NS folks have made, but who knows what all went into the decision.
    As for where I have been...Marc and I had an excellent (okay, more than excellent!) last weekend camping and hiking in the Shenandoah National Park. What a deal. If you are at least 62 years old, you can buy a senior pass for a one-time $10 fee that gets you into all national parks, national wildlife refuges, any national outdoor place for FREE, plus half price campsites at most of them. We paid $8.50 a night to camp in the Shenandoah NP. The hiking was great, really challenging and beautiful! And, unfortunately, since then I have been incredibly busy making up for lost time (work not done while away from the computer).
    As usual...it will take me a few days to catch up on the readings, but glad to see you folks still here.
    Enjoying the warm weather!
    Lee-Ann
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    PS: Roger...congratulations on the NSV!
    Hi
    Thank You for the update and the kind words.
    Have a great Wednesday
    Roger

Hi
    I did not see that one yet,
    I did make a post about a new Shelf Stable Dinner FWIW
    I already added four to my upcoming order. I sure hope it is tasty.
    New Shelf Stable Dinner Tuscan Inspired Pasta

297x220TuscanInspiredPasta.jpg

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -157.5 Pounds Lost

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal
    :)
    88672520.png
    a
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi all I have been on MFP site since 2012. I been here in the NS group since it started and this is the first time I am seeing this thread. Not sure how I even got to it but may qualify as an earlier riser on some days. What time do early risers get up? Just curious.

z55387af06aeb6.gif
    16077007.png
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hi Amanda…
    Welcome….
    I've been with NS, and shared the Early Risers thread on the NS web site with some really incredible folks! That said, pretty much any time of day…I don't think we have a time limit!! LOL!!
    NS is closing its boards, so with the help of Roger we've all migrated here to MFP…several of us have and use FitBits to track our exercise.
    Congrats on your 148 lb weight loss. You and Roger probably both have stories to share!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Working that long middle today. Bleah. Need to feed the cat and get my breakfast going.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Happy Thursday
    The recycling has been picked up and the cans are back from the curb. It is amazing how much we end up with every two weeks. Between the empty .5 liter water bottles and the 1 gallon water bottles I use to make coffee and the NS empties We filled two cans. I am using at least 4 0.5 liter bottles a day 16.9 FL. Oz each and the many more than that my brother drinks we go through a case of water 3 times a week at least.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    EXTKQl.gif
    NutriSystem Forums

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    [/URL]
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    88672520.png
    a
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning Ya'll,
    WHat a morning. Rant Warning.
    Heat and air folks I use for maintaining my furnace came today, as scheduled. WHY do I keep getting these NUTS?
    OMG! Do I look like Dear Abby, or Mother THeresa, or a collarless priest….do I even look interested?
    This one started the process by really bad mouthing his former employers, which was the company I bought my unit from several years ago…on and on..(I wanted to give him a little insider tip on diplomacy…)
    Then when he was finally finished (slow dude) I asked if he had my new contract…that sorta surprised him, so he went to the truck to get one….came back and asked did 'they' give me a price, and was it $258….NO, it was $138 bucks, and I picked up the business card they gave me, with the price written on it…so then he starts on about did I have chickens…(not at present time) Well, he has chickens and pot belly pigs, and wants to start with goats, but Yadda Yadda….I finally told him my family was almost here to visit, and I needed to get a few more things done before they got here….and mercifully he left

Rand over: hope you found it entertaining :)
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hi All,
    Beautiful morning here in N. GA. Sunny, clear, cool, and will quickly warm to near 80! My kinda day.
    Waiting for my VA brother and SIL to arrive. We're gonna chat, eat lunch (out), and they'll go back to their daughters house and entertain the kids when they get home from school. Meanwhile my Bro and SIL are on their way to their new home in Texas.

I need to go to the old thread on NS, and copy the first post from Howard…if for no other reason than to keep a record of when this whole post began!! Its a long lived one!!!

Hope everyone has a great day, and is looking forward to TGIF day!!!

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Friday Morning!!
    Yep, its TGIF!!! and not one day too soon! :)

Had a great visit yesterday with my brother and SIL. Lunch at Poona's, and lots of just chatting.

Mother's Day Luncheon has been all set up, except for a time!! :) Gotta love my boys!

And they're (the parents) are going to be in FLA on Olivia's birthday Friday after next…so no Birthday Lunch with my girl until a week later. Rats. It is what it is, and I can hardly blame them for heading to the beach! (and I was invited)

Off to the kitchen to slice up some fillers to put into my pita pockets.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Working that long middle again today. Supposed to be sunny and HOT. Blood glucose was (as it often is) a bit on the high side when I got up so no carbs at all with breakfast.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Kat
    If You go to the File Button on the Browser You will see "Save Page as" in FireFox and "Save As" in Internet explorer for example. They will let You save the entire page complete with graphics etc. To Your Hard Drive. From there You can open them with the Browser anytime and they will look just as if You were online looking at them, Even when they are gone.

Have a Good Weekend AllRoger
    t77dgejpjdz8.gif
    NutriSystem Forums & Friends

Important Links to other Groups, More to come
    NutriSystem Food Reviews

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem
    88672520.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    I snagged two packages of lamb chops on the quick sale rack at work and they are now safely in my freezer for two nights when I feel like lamb chops. Yum!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning…its Saturday!!!!!
    Oh, you knew that already??? :D

I have no idea why I'm awake at this hour on Saturday…and have already had coffee, unloaded dishwasher, and the the first load of clothes is ready for the dryer……just woke, and that's my best answer. May need afternoon nap!

Its raining. Ed, when did they change the weather forecast? Not that I mind, we needed it. (good deal on the packages of lamb chops!) That was the one advantage of working in the Starbucks kiosk in Kroger.

TIme to think about breakfast.

Later...

• parityanimal
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

I wanted to sleep in today, but Lilo had other ideas. She was tearing around the room like a wild thing, and then climbed up on the headboard to do her vulture perch. I knew it was a lost cause at that point.

I've been up for a while, getting breakfast, feeding Lilo (who hasn't touched her food as yet, don't know what her hurry was on getting me up...) and getting the dishes going. And sending a nastygram to D for smudging up the window on the door between the garage and the kitchen. He puts his forehead on the window and peers into the garage. Don't ask me why...but I've told him I keep that window clean and he needs to stop that stupid s$%^. But then last night he also left a glass on the counter by the sink, with a milk puddle in it, and a bowl and a spoon in the sink...AGAIN, and an empty butter wrapper on the stove (I think maybe he made popcorn), and the plastic dome lid from some thing he got at KFC was on the counter near the stove. All of this was also included in the nastygram. Oddly enough, the big popcorn bowl WAS in the dishwasher which begs the question on why the heck the rest of his dishes couldn't have made it there as well...

The bottle of glass cleaner is sitting in front of his computer and he's gonna d@#$ well clean that glass himself this time. This maid is taking the rest of the day off. The only reason the dishes and butter wrapper are not also in front of his computer is that the maid wanted to run the dishwasher this morning and didn't want Lilo or Ariel trying to eat the butter wrapper.

If I go missing for a year or so I'm probably in jail.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good Morning…its Saturday!!!!!
    Oh, you knew that already??? :D

I have no idea why I'm awake at this hour on Saturday…and have already had coffee, unloaded dishwasher, and the the first load of clothes is ready for the dryer……just woke, and that's my best answer. May need afternoon nap!

Its raining. Ed, when did they change the weather forecast? Not that I mind, we needed it. (good deal on the packages of lamb chops!) That was the one advantage of working in the Starbucks kiosk in Kroger.

TIme to think about breakfast.

Later...

Forecast here still says only 20% for rain, but that does mean that 20% of the area is expected to actually get some rain. I guess you're in that 20%!

Even in the WooHoo (quick sale) markdown rack, lamb chops are a bit on the pricy side, but when marked down from $16 and change to $9 and change for each package, I still had to jump on it. I LOVE lamb chops. Usually all the really good stuff from the WooHoo rack is gone by the time I get off work, and I have fairly slim pickings left, so I was really happy to see those still there. Sometimes I get lucky and get off work just as they are restocking the WooHoo rack and I can grab some great bargains. I have some bottom round from a few days ago that was still left late in the day, and it's waiting for me to slow cook it to death in a nice gravy, and some lovely boneless country style pork ribs for a barbecue day, as well as two whole, all natural chickens for some nefarious purposes. I have to always remember to look in the chicken bin as the WooHoo chicken is usually not in a separate area.

Just about the only fresh meat I buy NOT on sale is when I run out of all natural, boneless, skinless chicken thighs for the sugar gliders. They get more at whatever price it's set at. My chicken is either WooHoo or purchased when it's on sale for a BOGO price, which, at Kroger, usually just means it's really half price.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It is Saturday as You may have observed to Yourself. Almost time to go to the Acme and get some vegetables and protein. I have not firmed up my thoughts as to what protein to get. I plan to stop at the lumber yard on the way to the Acme and McDonalds for Large Hot Black Coffee on the way home. It is either that or make a fresh pot of coffee.

It is damp outside as it has been drizzling lightly.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    EXTKQl.gif
    NutriSystem Forums

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    88672520.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Why yes, I AM a grumpybutt in the morning sometimes...

When I get up in the morning, I want to go into the kitchen, and, with a minimum of fuss and bother, prepare Lilo's food and my food and coffee or tea.

If I went to bed leaving the kitchen counters relatively clear, and the sinks clean and empty, then I have a perfectly reasonable expectation of finding them in the same condition, or at least very close to it, when I get up...which J and D do seem to be SLOWLY learning...though it still seems that 99% of the time I am picking up dishes out of the living room or office space (dishes that I didn't leave there, but J did) and finding too often that D has left stuff where it shouldn't be. Last night it turns out that J made popcorn and left the bowl, spoon and butter wrapper out. D left the glass and plastic dome thing out, and the smudge on the glass window...and D cleaned that smudge before he left the house too. :persevere:
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hey Ed….two thumbs up! At least THEY cleaned/picked up, and not you! Grumpybutt, I rather like that term…think I'll borrow it as necessary. :smile:
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Ok, ROGER!!!!
    long ago you posted,
    "Hi Kat
    Now all You need is to change the generic icon And You will be easily recognizable.
    FWIW I saved my old one as a image file from the NS forums and then browsed to it here to add it." HUH??

Can you rewrite that in english? I thought I had it done, but the image only shows on my home page, and I can't seem to make it show up here to safe my life, or my frustration….
    And what the heck is FWIW? Future Women In Warsaw???? LOL!!! I need help!