Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Also Posted on the NutriSystem forum

I'm back home from Going out to look at Bookcases, I bought two 31.5 wide by 72 inch tall for the one wall in the back bedroom. They will go on either side of the WindUp Upright Phonograph. I have books stacked all over the basement and 2 deep in the bedroom Bookcase. This will make them easy to find when I want something to read and have room for other things if need be.
    GARDENKAT wrote: »
    Back from the grocery, Roger you had me giggling over your mirror experience…Been there, done that!!!

Glad somebody reminded me not to drink too much wine! LOL! That surely could muddle the gray matter!

OMG you should have been with me…the kid who bagged my groceries is a nut case. Seriously…first he told me he couldn't eat Organic stuff, as it made him sick…then on the way to the car, he told me he divorced his wife because she tore up a lottery ticket that was a winner, then it was he was on drugs for mental issues, and the drugs were making him gain weight…
    (that could be true) , but in the same sentence he said he lost 100 pounds while taking these drugs. I was glad when he had my groceries in my car, and I could get in and secure the doors. I'll watch out for his line in the future!!

Gray and off and on showers…yucky day, but I have gotten a bit done. AND listened to almost 4 hours of my Food Summit. So, no complaints.

Glad Ed mentioned beans…I meant to soak some pinto beans last night for the crock pot to cook today….so I will NOW go get those beans soaking…cuz I'd forgotten already.

Did I tell you there is a new cat hanging around my porch? Garfield!! I've seen him eat kibble on two different days, and today my cats were on the porch. They just watched him. I was glad, as he was a really hungry cat! Beautiful fur, etc. He's either out hunting a girlfriend, or somebody's dumped him, or moved without him… (either of those last two 'ifs' would make me furious).

Off to the kitchen….dinner to cook.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I think I might think twice before letting that nut case near my stuff in the future.
    They are out there.

Back when Cell phones and Bluetooth were new, I thought the guy walking across the parking lot talking to the air was nuts. Then he got closer and I could see the thing in his ear.

I used to deliver to Manhattan back in the 80s and 90s sometimes.
    There when they were walking along talking to the air they really were crazy :)

It does sound as if You are about to add to Your cat population. I suspect that also means there are no Coyotes in Your area. We have had them caught in NYC and Northern NJ this month.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    dmw66 wrote: »
    That guy does sound like a nut case.

I think you mentioned Garfield, but then you said he didn't show up so you thought he might have gone home or something. I'm glad the other kitties are letting him eat. There used to be a kitty that wandered around the neighborhood. I found out the neighbor down the street was feeding him well, but he would still come to see if we had any food out. She eventually brought him in, got him fixed and kept him. We tease her that she's the crazy cat lady because she has 8 cats. LOL

Hi Darlene
    Last day of the month. Does this mean things will be even a little easier at work?

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,546 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dinner came out quite tasty. I had beans with ham, over a small serving of crumbled cornbread, with collard greens and just a good spoonful of fried potatoes and onions. J is having beans without ham, no cornbread, collard greens and a larger serving of fried potatoes and onions. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Delicious breakfast of leftovers from dinner last night. Working that long middle today, but the weather is supposed to be nice anyway.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Happy Friday for those that work, For me every day is a weekend day. I only need to track the real weekend so i do not get into the weekend crowds at stores, and of course services on Sunday.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    [/URL]
    88672520.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Working that long middle today. Hope I can shake this sinus headache before then.

Val, J doesn't much care for chard either. He did eat more of the greens than I expected, which was a pleasant surprise, and even admitted they were pretty good. I'll continue to make them vegetarian when I make them, just to see. But I really prefer ham in MY beans so I usually do two crockpots at once, one with ham, one without. I can eat them without ham, and I do occasionally, but if I have a ham bone, it's going in there! A couple of ham hocks will do in a pinch. :)

I finished off the beans and ham for breakfast this morning. Not sure yet what I'll be concocting for dinner tonight. I didn't set anything out to thaw but there is a package of tofu in the refrigerator and I could try to remember to buy some fresh veggies to go with it for a stir fry tonight.
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    Well now that it is official that the forums go poof may 11th.

How do You feel about it?

I spent some time today archiving helpful informative message threads.
    I shall survive this minor tragedy as I have survived others over the year.

I still feel that NutriSystem is making a big mistake. I do not see how FarceBook, er FaceBook will be able to replace their website.

Anyway

Have a Great Weekend. One more Weekend left for the old Forum!
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Ok, Roger, I'm confused…(nothing new, right?)….On April 25th you weighed 155.5, OR you'd lost 155.5???? Thats a great colored bear. Mine ended at 100 lbs, and the goal bear, so I didn't get a lime green one!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Oh, to answer your question….NS deleting the boards is another corporate top to bottom decision and a HUGE MISTAKE. NS and its success is loosing a MAJOR body of very useful information, that has been in the past has been shared in a manor that people could relate to. Reading advice from someone who's being successful was a powerful tool. As was the persons that stumbled and fell off the wagon only to return, etc. That will now all be lost. I do feel sorry for any NEW NS'ers.
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ended up grabbing a leftover deli hot dinner on my way out at work. Only $3.59 and it was a small chicken breast and thigh, baked with barbecue sauce, a HUGE serving of cut, Italian flat green beans and a fairly small serving of mac and cheese. I didn't eat all of everything but had enough to satisfy me, for sure. Definitely worth the markdown price from $5.99 (or is it $6.99? I forget) regular price. Not too much got tossed.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Working a long closing tonight. Joy!
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sandwiches are made for tonight's dinner at work. I'll be getting ready to go in, clothing wise in a while.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Need to get laundry done today. Tomorrow is a busy day, with early endocrinologist appointment and then working the middle.

Last night J pulled a repeat performance of what he did several months ago, texting me that there was some "leftover pizza in the fridge" that I could eat when I got home if I wanted. Once again, he and D went for pizza, J bought it, let D order what he wanted (thick crust) and told D to be sure to leave some for me in case I wanted it. I don't have any problem with D ordering what he wants when J treats him for pizza. It's J's treat and D SHOULD order what he wants.

All the same, the last time he did this, I know I made it perfectly clear that I don't choose to eat thick crust pizza. Additionally, I wouldn't have necessarily wanted the same toppings that D requested, and expecting me to be thrilled to have D's leftover pizza was not reasonable.

I just didn't even get into that with J this time. If J can't remember from the last time that I would prefer being asked BEFORE THEY ORDER whether I might want any pizza when I get home from work, and IF SO, WHAT KIND OF PIZZA, so he can order what I want instead of expecting me to eat something I don't want, then the heck with it. That pizza can rot if D doesn't eat the leftovers.

I know that J told D to leave some for me since D was eating KFC/Taco Bell when I got home, rather than eating more of the pizza he left. D has confirmed this, when I asked a bit ago. Maybe I'll just tell D that if this happens again, he has my express, advance permission to eat as much of that thick crust pizza as he wants, up to the whole pizza, even if J says otherwise and he can tell J I said so...to avoid any possibility of waste.

Of course I expect that J will act puzzled and possibly a little hurt as to why I didn't eat any of the pizza that he especially had made sure that D saved, just in case I wanted any...even though I told him the last time he did the exact same thing. Sigh...

Still not eating pizza that I don't want.

Update: I told D to please eat all the pizza...and gave him express permission if this should happen yet again, to remind J that I don't eat thick crust pizza and that I've already given my express, advance permission for D to eat as much of it as he wants. Maybe J will then get the clue that he should ask me if I want him to get me any, and if so, WHAT to get me...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Ok, Roger, I'm confused…(nothing new, right?)….On April 25th you weighed 155.5, OR you'd lost 155.5???? Thats a great colored bear. Mine ended at 100 lbs, and the goal bear, so I didn't get a lime green one!
    Oh, to answer your question….NS deleting the boards is another corporate top to bottom decision and a HUGE MISTAKE. NS and its success is loosing a MAJOR body of very useful information, that has been in the past has been shared in a manor that people could relate to. Reading advice from someone who's being successful was a powerful tool. As was the persons that stumbled and fell off the wagon only to return, etc. That will now all be lost. I do feel sorry for any NEW NS'ers.

Hi Kat
    That is a Lost to date amount, If I weighed that figure I would be under what the Websites I checked say I should weigh for my Weight, height, build and Age.

One thing I did was visit the page with the how to add a Nutribears links and download them all. Just in case they also go poof. I can see them deciding they do not need them now with no forums.

I also think that they are being shortsighted and making a big mistake!

Cheers
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    [/URL]
    88672520.png
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning…
    a quick hello, then off to the kitchen to get my lunch together…
    Its day 9. (not telling, its a puzzle :) )
    Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Early visit with the endocrinologist this morning and then working that long middle. Hopefully there will be some time there somewhere for breakfast!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning…
    a quick hello, then off to the kitchen to get my lunch together…
    Its day 9. (not telling, its a puzzle :) )
    Later...

Hi Kat
    Was Your lunch apart ?
    Puzzles? I am not good at puzzles :)

Today I took a drive out a little ways into the country to a Walmart for a Garden Hose & Sprinkler and Clothes, There is another a little closer to me in a Bigger Population area. The One out west is a Nicer store, The Aisles are wider and even the customers seem like a better class of people.

Anyway I had a little NSV moment doing that. I used to have the seat all the way down and back and when I looked at the room between me and the steering wheel I had an Ah Ha moment. I moved the seat up and forward making for a more comfortable drive.

Hard to believe the car has almost 15,000 miles one it too. :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -157.2 Pounds Lost

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    [/URL]
    88672520.png
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am still around...I didn't desert you folks...unlike the official NS folks. Actually, I will deal fine with it, but I agree with Roger and Val that it is not the best decision NS folks have made, but who knows what all went into the decision.
    As for where I have been...Marc and I had an excellent (okay, more than excellent!) last weekend camping and hiking in the Shenandoah National Park. What a deal. If you are at least 62 years old, you can buy a senior pass for a one-time $10 fee that gets you into all national parks, national wildlife refuges, any national outdoor place for FREE, plus half price campsites at most of them. We paid $8.50 a night to camp in the Shenandoah NP. The hiking was great, really challenging and beautiful! And, unfortunately, since then I have been incredibly busy making up for lost time (work not done while away from the computer).
    As usual...it will take me a few days to catch up on the readings, but glad to see you folks still here.
    Enjoying the warm weather!
    Lee-Ann
  • Leemom3
    Options
    PS: Roger...congratulations on the NSV!
  • Leemom3
    Options
    Good Morning All!
    Looks like a lovely morning here to get out and walking. Meetings during the day, but I do have time to get out for a nice, long walk before going to work, so guess where I'm heading...enjoy the day all...whoever is still around...
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I got my official email from NutriSystem telling us that May 11 is the end of the boards.

Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

I got my official email from NutriSystem telling us that May 11 is the end of the boards.

I have been up quite a while, cooking some black eyed peas to have with leftover pork roast from the other night, as a nice breakfast. Today I need to do big water for the indoor plants, and take a nap with Lilo. I think that's about all on the "for sure" agenda, other than putting some fifteen bean soup mix on to cook with onion and east Indian spices to make something nice for dinner, to be served with steamed basmati rice. I've never made an east Indian style dish with quite so many legumes at once (I'm not putting in the artificial ham flavoring packet) but I figure if I spice it right and don't put in enough water to make it soupy, it should be interesting and VERY nutritious. Wish me luck!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-