Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    Holy shiitake mushrooms!

A person I know (haven't actually seen her in years, but we are friends on FaceBook) allegedly shot and killed her husband last night!

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    B6hLqR.jpg

rKtNPP.jpg

9CHtgJ.jpg
    Neat 747 in the Background too

F8P9OM.gif
    Meanwhile...In Russia
    eHMH0j.gif
    And no crossing guard either

gCNnv3.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    While I was out walking Easter Sunday the Easter Bunny visited my House. Or to put it another way my traditionalist brother left me a small box of yellow Peeps, a 3.5 Ounce Chocolate Lindt Easter Bunny and some Unsalted Almonds that were leftover from a jar of fancy Mixed nuts since he does not care for the almonds. At least there were no Jelly Beans :)

I was out walking today and did 8452 steps. The temperature this morning was 65 degrees. It is a nice day outside for walking, Not too warm and minimal breeze. OTOH I did get drizzled on twice :)
    It is forecast to be cooler tomorrow.

From Here
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/12/clean-eating-ticking-timebomb-puts-young-risk-fractures/
    'Clean eating' is a ticking timebomb that puts young at risk of fractures now too.
    By Laura Donnelly, Health Editor
    A cult of clean eating is a “ticking timebomb” that could leave young people with weak bones, the National Osteoporosis Society has warned.

Research by the charity shows that four in ten of those aged between 18 and 24 have tried such regimes, which are now coming under attack for cutting out major food groups, such as dairy.

The diets have become increasingly fashionable, and are associated with a number of celebrities, who have boasted how they have cut out gluten, dairy, grains and refined sugars.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Easter Morning!
    Looks like everyone has plans for today.
    I'm responsible for the salad at today's gathering. After my shower I'll wash greens, and cut up the veggies (peppers, green onion, radish, etc. nothing outstanding, kids to feed, 5 littles)
    Afternoon with family and hopefully a quiet evening at home to catch up on emails, etc so I can start the new week 'clean'. That's a big laugh, and an even bigger wish!!! :)

Cat fed, I've not yet felt the need to eat, and have to figure out 'when' to eat since everyone there will be dining on meat... I will eat before I go...something nice and starchy so I'm not ravenous before or after whatever I will find that I can eat. Salad and ??????. (I really hate these events, but don't tell everybody, it will be our secret OK?)

Roger, a fox! WOW! Bet it was surprised to see YOU! and I'm sure you startled IT!! Love that your walk is now including some 'spring', flowers, etc. And that you're having a taste of warm weather!

Ed...I can almost smell the wonderful aroma's that will come from your kitchen today. Glad you got thru your low blood sugar event yesterday. Those are scary scary times.

The baby giraffe is 'adorable', healthy 5' 9" tall, and a whopping 129 pounds! I have a pix lets see if I'm smart enough to add it here...and I won't continue pestering you with giraffe stuff! :)

8lq2zav0xivx.jpg

Happy Easter!
    Hi Valerie
    That is some baby :)

It did stop and watch as I was walking up the street towards it before it took off.

I hope You day went well.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Eduardo went surprisingly simple for Easter dinner.

Deviled eggs (all consumed), glazed ham (which needs to be sliced off the bone and put away, with the bone going into the freezer for a pot of beans sometime), broccoli rice cheese casserole - heavy on the cheese and onion, and a new recipe/technique (to me anyway) for Hasselback potatoes au gratin.

It was all good, but I think I'll go back to my regular way of doing potato casseroles and save the Hasselback for when I want to just roast some potatoes.

I had a decent portion of everything, and a large glass of white wine.

There IS some dessert, lurking in the freezer. A couple of individual lava cakes that will be great drizzled with a little chocolate syrup and topped with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, but they can be great later when I'm not feeling so full.
    Hi Ed
    That is some tasty looking food. Your deviled eggs look soupier than ours. Ours a simple recipe, Egg Yolks, Yellow or Brown Mustard and Sweet Gherkin Juice to taste/

My Brother did a Chocolate Pudding Pie yesterday in a Graham Cracker Crust topped with home made Whipped Cream. I suspect he managed to use too much milk in the Pudding as it did not really firm up well. OTOH it were very tasty :)
    Holy shiitake mushrooms!

A person I know (haven't actually seen her in years, but we are friends on FaceBook) allegedly shot and killed her husband last night!
    Interesting, I guess no clues in the posts?

I like fried eggs too.

I went out the door later than usual as my last stop of the walk is a bank. So Walk, Stop for Scrambled Eggs, Home Fries in the Refrigerator, Produce Store for Bananas and then the Bank after it had opened.

I turned some of the Scrambled Eggs in a sandwich on the Whole Wheat Toast.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2017
    I got too much mayo in that batch of deviled eggs. They still tasted good. Normally I make them quite firm and they have a nice pile of stuff on top.

Oh, and the dessert WAS eventually eaten, with much gusto.

K (on facebook) had not posted in exactly one week, and nothing on there to indicate any issues. J said he had heard from his sister that K had been getting into some drugs...but all indications up to now were that she and her husband were very happy together and crazy about each other.

Maybe there were unknown personal issues there and maybe she was just methed up or something...I'm sure we'll find out more eventually.

That's NOT how you're supposed to celebrate Easter!

• parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    I am exhausted?, well that may be an overstatement, but when I opened 'mail' this morning I was looking at 30 emails....whaaaaa. I've gotten that number down to 3, and just had to quit...talk about 'overload' geeze!

In doing all of that, some straight to trash, some to at least scan, video or 3 to watch, some reading...I was trying to drink my coffee, fend off a cat, (yes he was fed, yes I'd held him on my lap, etc, etc) He's back outside now!

Today I need to do a couple of chores...like finish cleaning my car interior. Like contorting into a gumby to clean the windshield inside the car... and the floor mats are vacuumed, but the carpeted areas still need to be cleaned. Need to turn DOWN the water heater thermostat, Earlier this week it was not hot enough, and little by little this week I turned it up, and finally overshot the temp. Tomorrow should be perfect????

Ed you are right, committing murder is not exactly the way to celebrate Easter. You never really know what goes on in peoples homes, minds, etc.

Roger, your Easter Bunny showed up! Good for him!
    I ate my 10 yellow peeps, half before I left for Easter Dinner, and half after...no chocolate bunnies...should I feel deprived I could go to Publix, or any grocery and buy myself a bunny, right? :)
    Dinner was, for me, a near total bust. 3 racks of lamb for the grill...no thanks, poor little lambies! some stuffed potato's that had been piped, and were beautiful...and full of butter, sour cream, etc...nope... Mac and Cheese...nope, deviled eggs, nope... purchased from Publix petit fours once again nope.... So, what DID I eat? Mercifully there were some nicely roasted vegetables, and a side dish of herbed, roasted carrots...and the greens and veg salad that I brought. Needless to say I came home and ate dinner in a hurry. :( I would have appreciated one of those potatoes that was just baked and not stuffed with NMF. (not my food). But....

I have a stack of 'to do' mail and computer items to be dealt with...have been using them as an armrest this morning...I guess since most of the email has been dealt with, its now time to 'do something' with this 'stack of stuff'...

Just wanted to catch up with you guys as I've been pretty absent the last few days...

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2017
    I have a loaf of home made rye bread cooking right now in the bread machine. This will be used to make some ham sandwiches of a better quality than the hot ham and cheese on small white bun that I had for lunch.

Now just need to get out and buy some Swiss cheese.

UPDATE: Here is the loaf, cooling! Just took it out of the bread machine.

20170417_202535_zpsv0uhu6b6.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 6400 steps. The temperature this morning was 84/51 degrees. It is a nice day outside for walking, Not too warm and minimal breeze :)

Poor Atlanta, From Here:
    http://www.thedrive.com/news/9385/westbound-section-of-i-20-in-atlanta-buckles-almost-kills-motorcyclist
    Westbound Section of I-20 in Atlanta Buckles, Almost Kills Motorcyclist

Atlanta, you can't catch a break. First, part of I-85 burns to the ground. Overnight, part of I-75/85 was temporarily closed due to an accident and chemical spill. Even without all this, traffic in and around the city is an absolute nightmare. Now, a westbound section of I-20 just to the east of downtown has buckled and will be closed until at least Tuesday afternoon.

On Monday morning, part of I-20 buckled and rose up just as motorcyclist happened upon the spot. The Atlanta-Journal Constitution reported that the rider was launched into the air and suffered multiple fractures. Thankfully, he was not hit by any cars during the accident. Several motorists stopped to help. The motorcyclist was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.

The damage to the interstate seems to have been caused by some work being done to old gas lines that run under the road. Crews were reportedly pumping concrete into old, unused gas lines. Unexpectedly, a build-up of air occurred in the line, creating uplift in the soil below I-20. The pocket of air forced the sections of roadway to crack and rise several feet.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Jcs1ct.jpg

qcnQ41.jpg
    Dinner is in the CrockPot
    Works for me :)

sO7mWC.jpg

OmAbpa.jpg
    The heck with it, I'm Walking

HoiDuc.gif

M1Sr4x.gif
    Ouch
  • RogerToo
    I got too much mayo in that batch of deviled eggs. They still tasted good. Normally I make them quite firm and they have a nice pile of stuff on top.

Oh, and the dessert WAS eventually eaten, with much gusto.

K (on facebook) had not posted in exactly one week, and nothing on there to indicate any issues. J said he had heard from his sister that K had been getting into some drugs...but all indications up to now were that she and her husband were very happy together and crazy about each other.

Maybe there were unknown personal issues there and maybe she was just methed up or something...I'm sure we'll find out more eventually.

That's NOT how you're supposed to celebrate Easter!
    Hi Ed
    Somethings never show up until afterwards.
    Meth heads do weird things. For example:
    Florida man, high on meth, 'cuts off genitals, feeds them to alligator'
    http://www.bostonleader.com/florida-man-high-meth-cuts-off-genitals-feeds-alligator/
    The gruesome details are available on that page.

I Agree
    I have a loaf of home made rye bread cooking right now in the bread machine. This will be used to make some ham sandwiches of a better quality than the hot ham and cheese on small white bun that I had for lunch.

Now just need to get out and buy some Swiss cheese.

UPDATE: Here is the loaf, cooling! Just took it out of the bread machine.

20170417_202535_zpsv0uhu6b6.jpg

The bread look tasty too. I had an Aunt that used a Bread Machine, Her loafs came out Round, I'm guessing Yours is a newer model :)

Breakfast today shall be a NS Eggs, Sausage sandwich on a English Muffin to which I will add 1/2 slice of Velveeta @ 20 Calories for taste.

I never had good Luck with home baked ham in a Ham & Cheese Sandwich sadly. Maybe if I pull out the Meat slicer and slice it that way ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    I am exhausted?, well that may be an overstatement, but when I opened 'mail' this morning I was looking at 30 emails....whaaaaa. I've gotten that number down to 3, and just had to quit...talk about 'overload' geeze!

In doing all of that, some straight to trash, some to at least scan, video or 3 to watch, some reading...I was trying to drink my coffee, fend off a cat, (yes he was fed, yes I'd held him on my lap, etc, etc) He's back outside now!

Today I need to do a couple of chores...like finish cleaning my car interior. Like contorting into a gumby to clean the windshield inside the car... and the floor mats are vacuumed, but the carpeted areas still need to be cleaned. Need to turn DOWN the water heater thermostat, Earlier this week it was not hot enough, and little by little this week I turned it up, and finally overshot the temp. Tomorrow should be perfect????
    Hi Valerie
    I get a lot of Junk Emails as well as a bunch of things from my Brother daily. The ones that eat up the most time are the ones he sends me with the humorous pictures which I cherry pick for posting here and the ones that have 20 or 30 links to news articles that caught his interest.

Good Luck setting the water heater, I keep ours hot enough to be useful, however not so hot that I would get burned if I was hit with it undiluted by cold water :)
    Ed you are right, committing murder is not exactly the way to celebrate Easter. You never really know what goes on in peoples homes, minds, etc.

Roger, your Easter Bunny showed up! Good for him!
    I ate my 10 yellow peeps, half before I left for Easter Dinner, and half after...no chocolate bunnies...should I feel deprived I could go to Publix, or any grocery and buy myself a bunny, right? :)
    Dinner was, for me, a near total bust. 3 racks of lamb for the grill...no thanks, poor little lambies! some stuffed potato's that had been piped, and were beautiful...and full of butter, sour cream, etc...nope... Mac and Cheese...nope, deviled eggs, nope... purchased from Publix petit fours once again nope.... So, what DID I eat? Mercifully there were some nicely roasted vegetables, and a side dish of herbed, roasted carrots...and the greens and veg salad that I brought. Needless to say I came home and ate dinner in a hurry. :( I would have appreciated one of those potatoes that was just baked and not stuffed with NMF. (not my food). But....

I have a stack of 'to do' mail and computer items to be dealt with...have been using them as an armrest this morning...I guess since most of the email has been dealt with, its now time to 'do something' with this 'stack of stuff'...

Just wanted to catch up with you guys as I've been pretty absent the last few days...

Later...
    I still have 5 of the 1o peeps to go. I guess You could not scrape the non conforming part of the potato out and eat the rest?

I bet You can find a Chocolate Bunny on clearance now :)
    However, Milk Chocolate?

Be careful with the back when contorted. I don't smoke or even drive the car that much so I have no idea where the smutch that builds up on the windshield comes from, I would have thought any off gassing would be done with by now, It is a 1999 Buick :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

59 out there now with a high of 81 expected. 50% chance of precipitation.

Need to clear the sink and maybe get out for a little bit of grocery shopping today.

The bread sliced up beautifully, and I did have a toasted slice with my breakfast today. Here's what the slice looked like pre-toasting:

20170418_073736_zpsofjatet0.jpg

20170418_073730_zpslekfxm6r.jpg

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 6400 steps. The temperature this morning was 84/51 degrees. It is a nice day outside for walking, Not too warm and minimal breeze :)

Poor Atlanta, From Here:
    http://www.thedrive.com/news/9385/westbound-section-of-i-20-in-atlanta-buckles-almost-kills-motorcyclist
    Westbound Section of I-20 in Atlanta Buckles, Almost Kills Motorcyclist

Atlanta, you can't catch a break. First, part of I-85 burns to the ground. Overnight, part of I-75/85 was temporarily closed due to an accident and chemical spill. Even without all this, traffic in and around the city is an absolute nightmare. Now, a westbound section of I-20 just to the east of downtown has buckled and will be closed until at least Tuesday afternoon.

On Monday morning, part of I-20 buckled and rose up just as motorcyclist happened upon the spot. The Atlanta-Journal Constitution reported that the rider was launched into the air and suffered multiple fractures. Thankfully, he was not hit by any cars during the accident. Several motorists stopped to help. The motorcyclist was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.

The damage to the interstate seems to have been caused by some work being done to old gas lines that run under the road. Crews were reportedly pumping concrete into old, unused gas lines. Unexpectedly, a build-up of air occurred in the line, creating uplift in the soil below I-20. The pocket of air forced the sections of roadway to crack and rise several feet.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger

AND a fire under a bridge in Brookhaven, on a road that is one of the I-85 alternate routes...

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dekalb-county/buford-highway-closed-in-brookhaven-over-fire-under-bridge/513514631
  • parityanimal

The bread look tasty too. I had an Aunt that used a Bread Machine, Her loafs came out Round, I'm guessing Yours is a newer model :)

My original bread machine was one of those that made the round loaves. I actually bought 3 of them! I gave one to my mother and one to her mother for Christmas.

That was the year that bread machines finally came down in price to a somewhat affordable price. If my fuzzy brain remembers correctly, they came down to less than $100 for certain models, or maybe it was less than $200. But I think they were just under $100, purchased from a discounter who had a batch made up under their name.

The insides were a Wellbilt machine but the outside had the discounter's name on it. I think the Wellbilt branded ones were selling for around $130 at the time. The discount models came with a nice recipe book, put together by the very proactive CEO/President of the discount company, who always personally tested the products they sold. And I found the Wellbilt recipe book online so was able to print out those recipes for Mom and Grandma too.

I think my mother still has hers. I know she used it regularly for years and years, sometimes just to make and knead dough for her home made rolls, and sometimes to make bread.

Grandma had some issues with the humidity in her home, or possibly the air pressure in her area, and the bread kept rising too high in the machine but when I queried the manufacturer, they suggested putting aluminum foil over the glass dome/window on top, after all the kneading but before the baking, which meant that she couldn't see what was going on anymore with the final rising and baking, but the bread turned out better for her. That Christmas, several of my aunts were good-naturedly fussing about which of them would get the bread maker off Grandma eventually. Don't know who won THAT one but suspect aunt J eventually did. LOL.

When I bought my new bread machine, I gave the old one to a friend. As far as I know she still has it, but I haven't inquired. She doesn't really cook much, so I doubt she used it a lot after the initial "fun" time, but maybe. Fresh, home made bread is so much nicer than store bought.
    I never had good Luck with home baked ham in a Ham & Cheese Sandwich sadly. Maybe if I pull out the Meat slicer and slice it that way ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

If I had unsliced ham, instead of spiral sliced ham, I think I would seriously consider cutting large chunks off the ham and then running them through the electric slicer to get some nice, evenly thin, slices for sandwiches. Since my ham was already sliced, I am using the slices they made, though some are thicker and some are thinner. The ham glazed up nicely when I re-cooked it and I've been thoroughly enjoying the leftovers.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Trying to get to the gym this morning... laundry in washer and load in dryer. Cat fed and out.
    I'm going to grab a banana to eat while I get my gym togs on, and will eat something more when I get home. (I think I'll call that lunch!)

I'd missed the fire in Brookhaven! Good heaven, ATL is burning again! I think in the last 3 weeks we've probably burned more than Sherman did. ;(

Rain today huh Ed? I haven't watched...so thanks for the heads up! We need the rain, so no complaints.

?question-ED?...I want to make some Ful Medames...and I've never cooked Fava Beans....I'm seeing recipes...the one for the Instant Pot (here forward called the IP), and it says add oil as bean skins come off...I've seen more conventional recipe's stove top, and they say you have to remove skins....this sounds like a LOT of work???? AND have you ever cooked Fava Beans????
    I haven't searched on line, so I can probably answer my own question there, but Ed cooks so many things, I am hoping that Fava Beans might be something he's familiar with????
    (I also saw a salad made with cold Ful Medames....I happen to love Ful Medames...the room mate and I used to eat them on weekends topped with a soft fried or over easy, or soft boiled egg on top...that was SOOOO good! But, I bought the Ful Medames canned. That was 18 or so years ago, don't know if I can find them anymore.

Ok, I see Roger posted...guessing memes?? Will read later, or I'll miss my gym time again today!

Later...