Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    L34Gqn.jpg
    Just because I used to drive them :)

XFNHwy.jpg
    Yup !

ik66fw.jpg
    At an actual Design School

qszy5i.jpg
    He Run out of money for another bag of cement]/b]

6u8qd0.jpg
    so-close-yet-so-far
    wlvvpt.jpg
    But the fruit are delicious - use gloves when picking and peeling

F6mDqD.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7660 steps, The temperature this morning was 51/53 degrees. It was a nice day outside for walking until the rain came as I was heading back home, I was prepared just in case as I took My rain jacket along. I did not put the rain jacket on as it was a light drizzly type of rain and the Hood on the Hoodie protected my head and the hoodie was enough to keep me dry for the last minutes.
    I did not get back outside yesterday :(

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

64 out there enow looking toward a high of 84 with 20% chance of rain.

In a while we'll need to give Ariel her daily prednisone. And I need to do laundry today. Whee!

Here's a hypnotically fascinating film of people decorating cakes that, fortunately, we don't get to eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4G6Yte4Rk0
  • parityanimal
    And here's a perpetually sad clown with a golden voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQo4z57VsUg
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning...TGIF!!
    Today I batch cook. I promised myself I'd start at 10...so I'm already late!

Funny memes! The chocolate colored soap was 'mean'!! Roger I'd never heard of the Fat Man radio show. hmmmm.

Ed, I hope Ariel tolerates the chemo well. Feel your pain...its hard to do, because you feel so helpless. Or at least that's been my experience.

Ted's (DS2) ride home was not good yesterday... since I'd suggested the ride on Tuesday was election related, he sorta mentioned that the City of Atlanta must be having another 'special election'....75 minutes. I didn't talk to him, figured he needed to unwind while he walked Maya thru the park.

Headed for the kitchen....

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    If You are curious about any of the radio shows You can find some episodes on YouTube, for example searching Google with the fat man radio show youtube will show a bunch of them. Semi interesting factoid, the scale weight varied among the shows :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAlZ2nLk_ko

It sure did look like Chocolate too.

Well, now he has the weekend to unwind.
    Ed, glad all went well for now, for Ariel! Also very glad you have all your fingers! Eduardo NEEDS all his fingers! :)
    I saw the Carrot Cake Kisses, and didn't pick them up...my choices were A. They'll taste terrible and you'll have wasted some money OR B. they'll be really good, and you'll sit down and eat the whole bag within a day possibly two. Moderation does not live at my house any more. Don't know where he/she's moved to though.
    Eating my lunch, Fingers crossed for Ariel.

I would be afraid that they would be so good :) Then I would end up eating them all in one sitting :)
    In my case moderation moved out years ago...
    Hey Ed,
    50 years ago people believed a lot more than this. An awful lot of it we now consider barbaric!
    Step back from that Starbucks 'Unicorn' drink. A large (Grande) sized has 59 grams of sugar and the Venti, (the big one) has 76 grams of sugar... so if Michigan State knows what its talking about, then 76 grams of sugar is nearly HALF A CUP of sugar....and they're calling them 'UNICORN' drinks.... as far as I can see, they are marketing these to kids...
    So, children, diabetics, and anyone wanting to remain healthy RUN AWAY!!! LOL!

So True, From Here
    http://www.omaha.com/livewellnebraska/nutrition/drinking-a-starbucks-unicorn-frappuccino-is-like-eating-krispy-kreme/article_6274f572-2602-11e7-9727-2b55429a1a25.html
    For a grande version — that’s 16 ounces — made with whole milk and topped with whipped cream, the drink is 410 calories. And with 59 grams of sugar, the Unicorn Frappuccino packs as much of the sweet stuff as six Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts.
    and from here Starbucks nutrition page :)
    https://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/frappuccino-blended-beverages/unicorn-frappuccino-blended-crème
    Here for a few days only: The flavor-changing, color-changing, totally not-made-up Unicorn Frappuccino. Magical flavors start off sweet and fruity transforming to pleasantly sour. Swirl it to reveal a color-changing spectacle of purple and pink. It's finished with whipped cream-sprinkled pink and blue fairy powders.
    16 ounce Grande
    Nutrition Facts Per Serving (16 fl oz) Calories 410 Calories from Fat 140
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 16g 25%
    Saturated Fat 10g 50%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 45mg 15%
    Sodium 230mg 10%
    Total Carbohydrate 62g 21%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 59g
    Protein 5g

Vitamin A
    15%
    Vitamin C
    0%
    Calcium
    20%
    Iron
    0%

Caffeine 0mg**
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
    **Each caffeine value is an approximate value.

Yikes

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    We got home with Ariel about an hour ago, after her first chemo treatment, Vincristine, gave her the two Prednisone pills for today, didn't lose any fingers in the process, gave her some treats to let her know that we didn't hate her and weren't punishing her by giving her pills. She also ate her breakfast all up, before the pilling, so I'd say no IMMEDIATE side effects. But the next few days may be more telling.

Opened this week's CSA box, which arrived while we were gone, and cleaned, trimmed and cut the green beans.

And made my first cup of tea.

20170421_102250_zps8zqmqziy.jpg

Hi Ed
    The beans look good. I will say that the Frozen Green Beans that I have buying at CostCo are tasty and have a nice texture. I alternate them with a different Frozen vegetable mix from there to, That would be the one with 2 types of Carrots Broccoli and Cauliflower.

So far so Good with Ariel.
    I bought a bag of Hershey CARROT CAKE kisses, off the after Easter sale rack, and they are surprisingly good. Pale orange on the outside with a white filling.

They taste a lot more like carrot cake than I had really expected, and of course being small pieces of candy, can be enjoyed in moderation with just a little willpower.
    Temptation get thee behind me, Way behind :)
    J actually bought one of those Unicorn drinks. I tasted it, just a tiny sip. Way too sweet for my taste.

I wonder how it would taste to me, I like sweet things, They just do not like me.

On a different note. I may have mentioned that I ordered a New Shredder ? Anyway...
    I suspect that is why I woke up during the night with a sore left shoulder :( I did not lift it, I slid it and then when I took it down the stairs I laid it on the wide side and slid it down slowly from below letting friction and the rungs keep it to a safe speed.

It came Yesterday, Talk about heavy duty as well as just plain heavy. 66 Pounds shipping weight, Labels saying Two man Lift and and Team lift. I suspect from two different sources. It is a beast and came with a bottle of Oil to lubricate the cutting wheels each time You change the Bag or if not using a bag empty the Bin. The Bin is larger too. It does a more rectangular cut than the old one so I expect to use both, It is much faster too, It chews through CDs and DVDs easily and fast. The old one despite saying it shreds discs too often stalls on a overload and auto reverses making doing them frustrating. Bottom Line is that it was not cheap OTOH I went cheap a couple of years ago when I bought the last one at Staples and it only really worked well on paper. Live and Learn :)

Have a Nice Day and Thanks for the links
    Roger

I really need to stop wasting so much time on this here Infernal Net thing.
  • RogerToo
    Tying into the First image of today's humor post
    I drove Moms 51 when I started driving and a 1964 Hawk Grand Turismo. That is the one with the Long hood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studebaker_Gran_Turismo_Hawk
    Pictures for anyone curious can be found on that website.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    Overview
    Manufacturer Studebaker
    Production 1962-December 1963
    (1962-1964 model years)
    Assembly South Bend, Indiana, United States of America
    Australia [1]
    Body and chassis
    Body style 2-door coupe
    Layout FR layout

The Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk (or GT Hawk), a sporty coupe sold between 1962 and 1964, was the final development of the Studebaker Hawk series that began with the Golden Hawk of 1956.
    It had the 289-cubic-inch (4.7 L) V8 engine (210 or 225 horsepower) teamed with a four-speed on the floor
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning! Sunny bright Earth Day!
    It was SOOO nice to wake to a spotless kitchen, knowing that my food was cooked and waiting for the coming week! I was tired when I finished the cooking, but made sure everything was either hand washed or in the dishwasher and cleaned the floor, etc.

Plans are to mow the lawn today and trim. Also a couple indoor chores and I'm done!!
    Great way to start the weekend...

ED!!!!! I watched about half that cake decorating video.....Bad Boy!!! It was fascinating, and mouth watering! The things they did with the chocolate ..... wow!

Roger, I think my walking today will be behind that lawn mower. But glad you got a good start on your walking steps....even though you got 'misted' on! I'll polish off my day with some dumbbells, and the dreaded bike.

Cat has eaten, but not me. I think its time to head to the kitchen. Thinking celery soup and avocado/garlic toast. Saving the can of Ful Medames for tomorrow's breakfast treat!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Ariel's appetite hasn't been very good today, but she has eaten a little.

If this continues, we'll see about perhaps getting her an appetite stimulant from the vet. But hopefully this will pass by tomorrow or the next day.

Not too concerned, as she ate pretty well yesterday.

She took her prednisone today with no problem.
  • RogerToo
    MNIlZW.jpg

5OLKS3.jpg

A1RkqK.jpg

lH9fWB.jpg

dXDAjg.jpg

gHQQEP.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7400 steps, The temperature this morning was 46/41 degrees. It was a nice day outside for walking.
    I did not get back outside yesterday, however I did hit my daily goal of 10K steps :)
    While I was walking I stopped at the produce store and picked up Bananas that were just green enough that the first one on the counter will ripen for Monday Morning and the rest went into the refrigerator. I also picked up Sweet Plums, Bartlett Pears and a 1 pound container of Strawberries for 99 cents.

What happens when you leave your dog at home alone:
    Scientists reveal the stress pets go through when isolated

From Here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4432134/What-happens-dog-leave-alone.html
    Few dog owners enjoy leaving their pet alone while they head off to work.
    But most dog lovers have no idea how their animals cope once they have been left alone.
    Now scientists have revealed how dogs spend up to half an hour howling, barking and whining after their owner leaves them alone.

Find the rest of the article by following the link.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning! Sunny bright Earth Day!
    It was SOOO nice to wake to a spotless kitchen, knowing that my food was cooked and waiting for the coming week! I was tired when I finished the cooking, but made sure everything was either hand washed or in the dishwasher and cleaned the floor, etc.

Plans are to mow the lawn today and trim. Also a couple indoor chores and I'm done!!
    Great way to start the weekend...

ED!!!!! I watched about half that cake decorating video.....Bad Boy!!! It was fascinating, and mouth watering! The things they did with the chocolate ..... wow!

Roger, I think my walking today will be behind that lawn mower. But glad you got a good start on your walking steps....even though you got 'misted' on! I'll polish off my day with some dumbbells, and the dreaded bike.

Cat has eaten, but not me. I think its time to head to the kitchen. Thinking celery soup and avocado/garlic toast. Saving the can of Ful Medames for tomorrow's breakfast treat!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I suspect I will need to mow in a day or three too, Not my favorite way to pass an hour :)

Hopefully You like the can of Ful Medames
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

Only supposed to get to the mid/upper 60s today, with rain.

Got all the laundry done yesterday, and the dishwasher is running now. Also finished off the last of the sliced Easter ham.

So far this morning Ariel seemed relatively OK when I saw her sleeping on an extra couch pillow on the bedroom floor, but when I looked a bit later she was gone. Perhaps she's up on the bed with J, or perhaps she is anticipating her prednisone pills and hiding from me. I wasn't planning on giving them to her quite this early anyway, and the timing is not THAT critical.

So here's a more relaxed Mona Lisa.

u0lqwld6q7dx.jpg

37.jpg 28.1K
  • RogerToo
    Ariel's appetite hasn't been very good today, but she has eaten a little.

If this continues, we'll see about perhaps getting her an appetite stimulant from the vet. But hopefully this will pass by tomorrow or the next day.

Not too concerned, as she ate pretty well yesterday.

She took her prednisone today with no problem.

Hi Ed
    I suspect that would be the Chemo suppressing appetite :smile:

Just curious what is the Prednisone for?

Good Luck with Ariel
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning, soggy Sunday in GA
    And gonna be soggy thru Monday from what I saw on the weather channel. We need it.
    Also temps will be on the normal side, and not the +10 above normal that we've had for the past week or more.

Ed, I suspect the chemo has Ariels tummy upset, and she will be not the good little eater of the past, if cats react to poisons like humans do. Hard to watch I know.

I am tossing the meatloaf from this weeks batch cooking. Just don't like it, and I have plenty of veggies and frozen foods that I won't miss it. One out of about 20, isn't a bad average!!
    And several of these recipe's will still be made batched or not!

Roger hope your walk is pleasant today. Didn't look at your area of the map. Andddd, message just said Roger posted. Will go read. Funny cartoons this morning! Glad your walk was comfortable! Interesting article about the dog stress at being left alone. Glad my past dogs did not have those issues.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    The Prednisone is used to help prevent or treat allergic reactions to other drugs used in cancer care and to help treat nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy drugs. It can also aid in flushing the drugs from the system, as it tends to have a side effect of excessive thirst and, thus, excessive micturation.
  • parityanimal
    So far today, Ariel hasn't eaten anything that I know of. She refused treats, but did sniff them as if she WANTED to eat something, and did the same with cat food. She seemed to be asking for food but then didn't want it.

I may run to PetSmart and get small quantities of different tasting cat food and treats, to try, as she may be associating her regular food (and treats) with feeling sick.

If that doesn't work, I'll ask the vet about something to help stimulate her appetite. She did eat some yesterday, and pretty well the day before, but nothing so far today, and she can't go more than a day or two without eating anything, as there could be additional consequences...
  • parityanimal
    Update:

I just got back from PetSmart. I got Ariel to eat about 4 crunchy steak and shrimp flavored cat treats. Not much, but it's a start!