Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    WOOZA!
    I am home 2 hours after I left for the DMV...and I stopped at Kroger and picked up my coming weeks groceries. !!!!!
    Only hitch was they wouldn't except as valid my certificate of marriage (hence name change), and I knew my shoulders dropped at least 6 inches...the DMV officer asked if I had my car registration, and I said yes, but its out in my car...so she said just leave all your papers here, and go get it. So, I surely did do that and then she took the worst yet photo for my drivers license!!! BUT, I've got it. I paid for an 8 year renewal, which at my age was the only option. So, if I still have my mind, and driving skills, I will get to do this again when I'm 82!!! LOL!!!
    Also, this of course is my paper temp. card, but I noticed that it does not have that 'star' in the upper right corner indicating I'm a verified citizen??? Guess that gives me 8 years to come up with my divorce papers from TN and I won't have to worry about not having a marriage license.

I saw the car that you posted Ed....have never seen one. But, considering I grew up in mid Missouri in small town of less than 500 peeps, I'm not surprised. It was 'Chevy and Ford' land. Some area's you could find Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler's but not in my area. That was an early 1960's Plymouth I think. I know it had push button gear, and starter....

Oh, Roger, we can do Drivers License's by mail if you are issued a license with that afore mentioned star, AND if you're less than 65 years old...otherwise they want to see you so the can take another crappy pix of you!!! LOL!!!

Don't know about your prediction note Ed, I now think April the Giraffe is going to deliver that baby on Friday...my birthday! :) Well, it could................ LOL!!

Ok, I need to go wash a huge bunch of collard's. I need them to make Moroccan Chickpea Stew and also English Muffin Pizzas? I understand about the stew, but collards on pizza's the size of English Muffins....they gotta be kidding! Ed, need some collards? I can't meet you until next week but hate to see these go to waste......let me know. We can also have coffee. Haven't had a chance to meet a tall good lookin' stranger behind Trader Joe's in a long while!!!! :)

Later......
    baby giraffe-less, still.
    Hi Valerie
    Interesting, here the renewal is for a shorter period of time, Oh well.

I always Liked English Muffin Pizzas, Yum, Yum :)

In the that's just wrong category
    McDonald's workers allegedly assaulted over wrong order
    Published 9:03 a.m. ET April 11, 2017
    BERKELEY TOWNSHIP - Two male customers allegedly assaulted workers at a McDonald's in the Bayville section of the township Sunday night, reportedly because employees bungled a food order minutes before closing, police said.

Police did not mention suspects, citing an ongoing investigation in a statement posted to Facebook.

About 11:30 p.m. Sunday, police dispatchers received a call from a McDonald's employee saying two customers complained

A second McDonald's employee told police he ran out the side door of the restaurant to confront the customers near their car.

One of the customers allegedly pulled out a knife when the second employee — a 21-year-old man — approached, according to the statement, then cut the employee across the wrist during a tussle.

Both employees were taken to Community Medical Center in Toms River, according to the statement. The manager suffered a possible broken wrist and the second employee received stitches.

If interested, more details by following the link.

It makes me wonder if the world has gone crazy. Assault someone over McDonalds?

To the Good Your License is renewed :) Yea
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    They didn't do bids for this repair work. Just went with a company that they've used satisfactorily in the past and they're working 24/7 with a promise of bonus for every day early that they can get it done.

So yeah, rush job...no idea on the cost.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Ed, I knew they were working 24/7. Didn't even think about how quickly they got started. I knew they contacted the original builders of the bridge. Is that who's doing the work? or some company local? Also, the done early bonus may just be the carrot!!!

• parityanimal
    So...why did the McDonalds's employee(s) leave the store to "confront" the perps? Isn't that rather against company policy, not to mention common sense? Sheesh, sounds like craziness all around at that scene. I'd think if they were about to close, the dining room was probably already locked so all they had to do to stay safe would be to close the drive-through window and call the cops!

• parityanimal
    I believe they are using the original builders. They're moving as fast as they can on reconstruction.
  • RogerToo
    CmMhvL.jpg

x1c9qn.jpg

g8HI1h.jpg

oiJ1J5.jpg

Ns3DU9.jpg

Ioqkd9.jpg
    If You see this ahead of You it's very scary
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7.8K steps + I found a Dime. The temperature this morning was 60 degrees on the weather forecast vs 58 on the front porch :)

It is warming up nicely today too. It reached around 80 degrees yesterday and is forecast to be in the 60s today.
    I did see one lone Deer next to a Brook while walking.

Have a wonderful Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    They didn't do bids for this repair work. Just went with a company that they've used satisfactorily in the past and they're working 24/7 with a promise of bonus for every day early that they can get it done.

So yeah, rush job...no idea on the cost.
    Hi Ed
    I had a feeling that would be the case.
    So...why did the McDonalds's employee(s) leave the store to "confront" the perps? Isn't that rather against company policy, not to mention common sense? Sheesh, sounds like craziness all around at that scene. I'd think if they were about to close, the dining room was probably already locked so all they had to do to stay safe would be to close the drive-through window and call the cops!
    I have no idea of McDs policies...
    I do know that some of their things are interesting. Such as signs that say "CAYGO"
    Clean As You Go IOWs. It makes sense and I asked a manager one day what does that mean so it was explained to me politely :)

I do find that doing the dishes and Pots and Pans as they are finished with is easiest. That way the food never hardens on to them.

Thank You for today's link to the collapsed Pool and Yesterdays Fails :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Ed, I knew they were working 24/7. Didn't even think about how quickly they got started. I knew they contacted the original builders of the bridge. Is that who's doing the work? or some company local? Also, the done early bonus may just be the carrot!!!
    Hi Valerie
    24/7 they must have some serious lighting :)

When they rebuilt the Bridges on I-287 here in NJ they finished early and earned a bonus too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

59 out there now, with a high of 81 expected with 20% chance of rain.

Need to clear one breakfast dish from the sink and let my Mac install updates, which will take a while. Windows virtual box just finished installing ITS updates. Whee!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Wednesday Morning!
    Lunch with my niece was cancelled yesterday afternoon...seems as though she has squirrels in the attic, and the peeps she's hired to remove them, said they'd be at her house 'sometime in the morning'. SOOOO, she's being held hostage! over a squirrel(s).

I have a bunch of Kroger coupon's that I need to use, didn't have them with me yesterday, so its Back to Kroger I go, and this time I will remember the chopped salad, and will be adding salad mix for Easter Dinner. My DS1's family always does a 'big feed' on Easter mid afternoon. Will see the kids, etc. So it will be fun. Trying to decide which salad dressing to make, and just what add ins sound good, and involve little work. Fresh vegs, like cuke and tomato are a given, may even grate some carrot for color...no nuts (Nate won't eat them), etc. Will probably include either pomegranate pips or cranberry raisins. I'd do beets, but these folks would not appreciate that!!! And if it was just for me, I'd add some kind of beans, some sunflower seeds, cold rice if I had any, etc. BUT.....

Got the collards all cleaned up, chopped up one bunch, and gritted my teeth as I tossed the second bunch. No storage room in the refrigerator.

Won the lottery last night, or at least $2 of it!

Also paid attention this morning, and figured out why I wasn't getting good hot water...'somebody' turned down the water temp thingy...I know it wasn't me...so must have been Antonio...and it was either accidental as he cleaned up all the fallen insulation, OR because he's the Daddy of a 3 year old and set it like they do theirs at home? In any event, I turned the heat up to the 'normal' point, and work either up or down from there. (starting tomorrow with any needed adjustments.

Saw your $1.00 walking money Roger! You and I could be really 'big' spenders! :)

Cartoons as usual were great...I'm going to email the Grandma egg and coordinating bucket on to Jenn's Mom....they always hide eggs for the kids, with money in the plastic eggs. This will keep the bigger Grands 'honest'. :)

Ok, time to make some more morning progress...sink clear, dishwasher running, kitty fed, box cleaned, sweeper run thru the main parts of the house...meaning haven't done my bedroom yet, I cooked some spinach to go with my breakfast leftovers. Sooooo. gotta move it!

Think I'll set a timer...
    April the giraffe needs to also set a timer...she's still not delivered.....
  • parityanimal
    Star Wars Creatures Taste Test!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_tS9VyVQmM
  • RogerToo
    From Here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4398342/Manure-happens-German-dad-daughter-doused-detritus.html
    German father and daughter are doused with MANURE while sitting in their convertible after tractor makes a sharp turn

Father, 52, and daughter, 14, were covered from head to toe with liquid manure
    They had been sitting in the Renault convertible when farmer took sudden turn
    Read more by following the link

And from here:
    http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/04/12/Police-combat-burglaries-with-satirical-door-locks-infomercial/9741492024248/
    Police combat burglaries with satirical 'door locks' infomercial
    April 12 (UPI) -- A Florida police department is combating vehicle burglaries with a tongue-in-cheek infomercial promoting a "new" product: door locks.

The Davie Police Department posted a video to YouTube responding to a recent rash of vehicle burglaries in the area in the form of an infomercial hosted by Sgt. Chad Rosen -- who notes he was once a "cute kid" in a decades-old Kodak film commercial.

"Today, I'm here to tell you about a fascinating, revolutionary concept that's going to save you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars," Rosen says. "Sound too good to be true? Well, it isn't."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI9LdiiArdo
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

59 out there now, with a high of 81 expected with 20% chance of rain.

Need to clear one breakfast dish from the sink and let my Mac install updates, which will take a while. Windows virtual box just finished installing ITS updates. Whee!
    Hi Ed
    I got the Windows 10 Updates Wednesday too. Does Apple also do a Patch Tuesday ?

No Rain in the forecast for a couple of days. 60s for a high through Saturday then a 1 day jump to 80 for Easter Sunday and then back down into the 60s :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Wednesday Morning!
    Lunch with my niece was cancelled yesterday afternoon...seems as though she has squirrels in the attic, and the peeps she's hired to remove them, said they'd be at her house 'sometime in the morning'. SOOOO, she's being held hostage! over a squirrel(s).

I have a bunch of Kroger coupon's that I need to use, didn't have them with me yesterday, so its Back to Kroger I go, and this time I will remember the chopped salad, and will be adding salad mix for Easter Dinner. My DS1's family always does a 'big feed' on Easter mid afternoon. Will see the kids, etc. So it will be fun. Trying to decide which salad dressing to make, and just what add ins sound good, and involve little work. Fresh vegs, like cuke and tomato are a given, may even grate some carrot for color...no nuts (Nate won't eat them), etc. Will probably include either pomegranate pips or cranberry raisins. I'd do beets, but these folks would not appreciate that!!! And if it was just for me, I'd add some kind of beans, some sunflower seeds, cold rice if I had any, etc. BUT.....

Got the collards all cleaned up, chopped up one bunch, and gritted my teeth as I tossed the second bunch. No storage room in the refrigerator.

Won the lottery last night, or at least $2 of it!

Also paid attention this morning, and figured out why I wasn't getting good hot water...'somebody' turned down the water temp thingy...I know it wasn't me...so must have been Antonio...and it was either accidental as he cleaned up all the fallen insulation, OR because he's the Daddy of a 3 year old and set it like they do theirs at home? In any event, I turned the heat up to the 'normal' point, and work either up or down from there. (starting tomorrow with any needed adjustments.

Saw your $1.00 walking money Roger! You and I could be really 'big' spenders! :)

Cartoons as usual were great...I'm going to email the Grandma egg and coordinating bucket on to Jenn's Mom....they always hide eggs for the kids, with money in the plastic eggs. This will keep the bigger Grands 'honest'. :)

Ok, time to make some more morning progress...sink clear, dishwasher running, kitty fed, box cleaned, sweeper run thru the main parts of the house...meaning haven't done my bedroom yet, I cooked some spinach to go with my breakfast leftovers. Sooooo. gotta move it!

Think I'll set a timer...
    April the giraffe needs to also set a timer...she's still not delivered.....

Hi Valerie
    Those darned squirrels can be destructive too. You do not want them in the attic. I had a Lamp in storage in our shed and they chewed the heck out of all the wood in it. I wanted to save it since Dad made it, Oh well.

My Brother was showing me "Canned Beets" I put the quotes as they were in a pouch not a can :)

You are doing better than I, I can not remember the last time I won anything from the lottery :(

I though that the Color coded eggs were a neat idea too.
    It should work, You could color co-ordinate the eggs in a basket easily too.

I've started my little secure laptop that I only use for online shopping and not even email to do the Windows update.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

56 out there now with 20% chance of rain and a high of 83 expected.

Squirrels are evil fuzzy tailed rats.

They'll chew on wires in the attic and fry themselves (and your circuits) and leave a general mess.

Sink is cleared. Lilo and I have been fed. Working on my first cup of tea.

Got some laundry done yesterday.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...