Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I swear I just posted this but it seems to have been eaten.

49 out there with a high of 57 expected, 10% chance of rain.

Or 50 out there with a high of 56 expected, 41% chance of rain.

Believe what one wishes I guess.

Will probably try to get some laundry done today, regardless.

We are expecting the AC guy sometime between 10:00 and 3:00 to do the Spring inspection and prep for Summer.

Might also get out to Kroger if I can squeeze that in.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2017
    All righty then! Time to do some math.

The American Diabetes Association has sent me my renewal notice.

1 year (6 issues plus all the usual online access and such) is $12.00, saving me $17.94 from the news stand price of $29.94.

2 years (12 issues plus all the usual online access and such) is listed at $36.00, a savings of $23.88 from the news stand price of $59.88.

At the bottom, they list all the benefits one gets besides the magazine, and list, again, the one year news stand rate and the member renewal rate of $12.00 and point out that PER YEAR, YOU PAY ONLY $12.00!

But at the top, they have a red arrow pointing to the $36.00 price for a two year renewal, claiming that it's the BEST SAVINGS.

Is this the math they are teaching in schools these days?

Now I'll agree that saving $23.88 is saving more than $17.94, but saving $23.88 is only saving $11.94 per year, as opposed to saving $17.94 per year buying the one year renewal, opposed to the two year renewal.

And no matter how I spin the numbers, paying $12 for one year is a better deal than paying $36 for two years.

WHO THE HECK MADE UP THIS RIDICULOUS RENEWAL NOTICE?

Do they think diabetes has addled my mind already to the point that I can't tell this is ridiculous?

Sheesh.

20170406_091530_zpsqjdofz0y.jpg

20170406_091558_zps8g8noqmt.jpg
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2017
    Re the renewal notice:

I poked around online and found so many different offers, with different prices, most on their own websites, it wasn't even funny! All of them were, in the fine print, for new members only. Finally under the customer service button on the magazine's page, it took me to a renewal of membership that was only $18 for three years.

That beat out ALL of them, but was sure hard to find! Needless to say, I bought that one.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    I think the internet has it in for Ed and myself. I'd have sworn I posted this morning...
    Well, here it is nearly bed time...and no post.
    Did my shopping today...it is quite chilly here today after having 80+ temps a few days, and lots in the mid to upper 70's! And WINDY...good heavens. I was expecting my hair to fly off across the parking lot, and I don't have a wig! LOL! Everything from the grocery store is put away, and stuff left over from last week is frozen, and tomorrow is Batch Cooking day..will be interesting to see how long it takes this week.

Needy cat is driving me crazy...and is somewhere in this house...guess I have an overnight guest.

Loved the cartoons...Saw the guy living in the airplane...I've seen it before, but not INSIDE before. Guys's got as much clutter as I do. (and that's not a good thing)

Roger, hope your rains aren't bad. All is well here from the storms yesterday..must be for Ed too, or I think he'd have mentioned it......
    I totalled out with 3.25 inches rain yesterday, which wasn't unusual. News said 6 inches some places..Yikes!!!

See everybody in the morning. no giraffe

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    V0d1kn.gif

4hrUHI.jpg

UogTzf.jpg

Nq6HOh.jpg

AIiuaw.jpg

uMzSz1.jpg

FU9TCy.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8K steps and I will be going back out for a little further walk to the bank when it opens. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees on the weather forecast and 47 on the front porch, There was a light rain and heavier rain in the afternoon. The was some strong Thunderstorms yesterday afternoon too,

The brook I walked past is running somewhat high and was over it's banks.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    All righty then! Time to do some math.

The American Diabetes Association has sent me my renewal notice.

1 year (6 issues plus all the usual online access and such) is $12.00, saving me $17.94 from the news stand price of $29.94.

2 years (12 issues plus all the usual online access and such) is listed at $36.00, a savings of $23.88 from the news stand price of $59.88.

At the bottom, they list all the benefits one gets besides the magazine, and list, again, the one year news stand rate and the member renewal rate of $12.00 and point out that PER YEAR, YOU PAY ONLY $12.00!

But at the top, they have a red arrow pointing to the $36.00 price for a two year renewal, claiming that it's the BEST SAVINGS.

Is this the math they are teaching in schools these days?

Now I'll agree that saving $23.88 is saving more than $17.94, but saving $23.88 is only saving $11.94 per year, as opposed to saving $17.94 per year buying the one year renewal, opposed to the two year renewal.

And no matter how I spin the numbers, paying $12 for one year is a better deal than paying $36 for two years.

WHO THE HECK MADE UP THIS RIDICULOUS RENEWAL NOTICE?

Do they think diabetes has addled my mind already to the point that I can't tell this is ridiculous?

Sheesh.
    Hi Ed
    I suppose You are not supposed to notice that and only say to Yourself, Wow I save more by paying for two years :)

Sadly logic is no longer taught IMO.
    Re the renewal notice:

I poked around online and found so many different offers, with different prices, most on their own websites, it wasn't even funny! All of them were, in the fine print, for new members only. Finally under the customer service button on the magazine's page, it took me to a renewal of membership that was only $18 for three years.

That beat out ALL of them, but was sure hard to find! Needless to say, I bought that one.

Agreed $6 is the best deal. Is the magazine helpful?

Thank You for the Humor links, I'll look at them later when I get back from the bank :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I think the internet has it in for Ed and myself. I'd have sworn I posted this morning...
    Well, here it is nearly bed time...and no post.
    Did my shopping today...it is quite chilly here today after having 80+ temps a few days, and lots in the mid to upper 70's! And WINDY...good heavens. I was expecting my hair to fly off across the parking lot, and I don't have a wig! LOL! Everything from the grocery store is put away, and stuff left over from last week is frozen, and tomorrow is Batch Cooking day..will be interesting to see how long it takes this week.

Needy cat is driving me crazy...and is somewhere in this house...guess I have an overnight guest.

Loved the cartoons...Saw the guy living in the airplane...I've seen it before, but not INSIDE before. Guys's got as much clutter as I do. (and that's not a good thing)

Roger, hope your rains aren't bad. All is well here from the storms yesterday..must be for Ed too, or I think he'd have mentioned it......
    I totalled out with 3.25 inches rain yesterday, which wasn't unusual. News said 6 inches some places..Yikes!!!

See everybody in the morning. no giraffe

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Sometimes I suspect that MFP loses a message, most of the time it is my fault however...

I saw video of flooding in the Atlanta area on the news last night, I'm guessing that both You and Ed live where You stay high and dry.

Oh the bright side Your area can use the rain :)

It was not bad when I was out walking yesterday, On and off light rain and drizzle, The Wind was worse than the rain in the morning. Today the roads and sidewalks are dry except in a few places.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    Its batch cooking day, so I thought I'd say HI, while still have some semblance of 'sanity'??
    Actually looking forward to this week's foods. At this point I am actually 6 days behind, not that it matters, except today in my inbox, I got a glimpse of what I will eat in week 3, and I can't wait!! Starting my batching out with making African Peanut Stew. Excited about that one too. Will make a full batch, hope it lives up to my expectations, and that I can enjoy it for several days!

Also I must have woke in NJ. 45 degrees here, and still windy as all get out! Glad to be staying indoors and cooking all day!

No flooding issues here Roger, and I do believe Ed like me lives high enough or far away enough from creeks that flooding is not an issue.

Loved the cartoons this morning...and the meme's right...retirement money's no different, but the hours are surely MUCH better!! I do not miss being at work at 5:45. :)

Later...

no baby giraffe. I'm wondering just how far off those good folks at Animal Adventure Park could be???? Have been checking in with this giraffe for over a month now....................

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

48 out there now looking toward a sunny high of 61 for today.

Need to fold yesterday's laundry and then get out to the grocery.

Sink has been cleared and, of course, Lilo and I have been fed.

I've been up for hours but distracted by dentist/insurance confusion. All worked out.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2017
    I've never seen so many noodles at one time in my life! Watch as these ladies cook all these wokfuls at once!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuoZU2nw4pk
  • GardenKatGardens
    That 'noodle cooking' is impressive! On Ponce around the corner from Whole Foods, there is a place named 'Eats'... Kids and I used to eat there a few times a month...food to fill you up, and cheap! Those were 'college' years for Ted. They have huge cauldrons of noodles cooking and about 4-5 different sauces to top your selection. I don't remember much else about the place, like were there other veggies, or salad etc. I do remember beverages...ad that's what the noodle cooking woks made me think about. I also think about it when I drive up Ponce to Ted's apartment...one day I will stop in just for old times sake. It was originally opened by group of college students..wonder if they are still cooking the noodles??

Batch cooking moving right along.... I decided to taste some of the roasted cauliflower, and it is delicious, also made myself a quick burrito with the beans I cooked this morning, some cheese sauce from what I made Wednesday, chopped peppers and onions. etc. Filling and good, and still have a lot of cooked pinto beans. The meal plan says to put the cooked beans in the food processor and blend til smooth... I'm going to skip that direction. The only other thing those beans get used for will be a bean burrito later in the week...so if I don't smash them to paste, I can use them for breakfast bowls, etc. Problem solved. (should I want them mashed, I can use my blender stick. :) )

Just checked...no baby giraffe. (bet you're getting tired of this and are hoping she drops that giraffe calf pronto!) LOL!

Later...
  • parityanimal