Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Already I've been distracted by internet, Alexa Echo Dot, emptying dishwasher, etc.
    Got to get moving. My helper, Antonio is coming over this morning to do a couple of odd jobs for me...one being to permanently fix the former knot hole in my cedar siding that the little house wren is using. (turning my house into a big, big birds nest) Actually there are now 2 knot holes she has managed to knock out. He's tried all kinds of stuff to fix the problem, and is confident that today will be the final fix. And the back yard gate needs to be lifted a little bit, and the ceiling in the furnace room....you get the picture... he's gonna be a busy boy! :)

My batch cooking yesterday was a success. I again didn't make all of the recipe's but I know from last time that it makes way too much food for just me..so, that in mind I picked what I thought would be the ones that I'd like best. Had the African Peanut Stew last night for dinner. Ed would love it...its spicy! cayenne pepper, minced ginger root, etc hot! Very tasty...and that's a good thing, as I'll be eating that for one meal all week long!!! Made a huge batch of stew!
    And the beans are cooked for Burritos, I made my own cheeze sauce for that, and curry roasted cauliflower that is just over the top good! I could have eaten all of it straight off the roasting pan!!!! Today I am going to make a small batch of quinoa, and that's it!
    Oh, and it only took me 3 hours, (last week being first week, took nearly 6 hours!) and my kitchen is all cleaned up! WooHoo!!!

Ok, off to the shower, and then time to work on my desk area. (hate that job).

Fool old cat, under my feet this morning, wanting more than just our normal petting and chat, finally he 'herded' me to his food dish, which had lots of dry kibble, and then proceeds to eat. What? You want me to WATCH you eat???? Silly Kitty..no way............
    So I started a conversation with Alexa and that freaked him out! LOL!!!

Later...
    no baby giraffe, and I didn't win the lottery. Seriously...these two items on my list need help!
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

Currently 40 out there with a sunny high of 68 expected today.

Need to empty the dishwasher and clear the sink. This afternoon we have the regional orchid judging at the botanic gardens. Getting there should be fun...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    4TGmBg.jpg

DPYraa.jpg

IiBWEc.jpg
    How I am when I wake up in the morning :)

wDjC14.png

Jwn2U4.png

cKj0L5.jpg
    Ah Ha, I knew it !
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7.5K steps, after going back out yesterday I ended up over 12K steps. The temperature this morning was 40 degrees on the weather forecast

The brook I walked past is running somewhat high.

Have a Super Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Its batch cooking day, so I thought I'd say HI, while still have some semblance of 'sanity'??
    Actually looking forward to this week's foods. At this point I am actually 6 days behind, not that it matters, except today in my inbox, I got a glimpse of what I will eat in week 3, and I can't wait!! Starting my batching out with making African Peanut Stew. Excited about that one too. Will make a full batch, hope it lives up to my expectations, and that I can enjoy it for several days!

Also I must have woke in NJ. 45 degrees here, and still windy as all get out! Glad to be staying indoors and cooking all day!

No flooding issues here Roger, and I do believe Ed like me lives high enough or far away enough from creeks that flooding is not an issue.

Loved the cartoons this morning...and the meme's right...retirement money's no different, but the hours are surely MUCH better!! I do not miss being at work at 5:45. :)

Later...

no baby giraffe. I'm wondering just how far off those good folks at Animal Adventure Park could be???? Have been checking in with this giraffe for over a month now....................
    Hi Valerie
    I figured it out, Your house was sucked up in a giant tornado just like in the Wizard of Oz and transported to NJ, That explains it ?)

Nor do I miss going to work although the last job I had for 16 years did not have bad hours, Open at 10AM and Close at 7PM weekdays and 6PM on Saturday.
    Good Morning!
    Already I've been distracted by internet, Alexa Echo Dot, emptying dishwasher, etc.
    Got to get moving. My helper, Antonio is coming over this morning to do a couple of odd jobs for me...one being to permanently fix the former knot hole in my cedar siding that the little house wren is using. (turning my house into a big, big birds nest) Actually there are now 2 knot holes she has managed to knock out. He's tried all kinds of stuff to fix the problem, and is confident that today will be the final fix. And the back yard gate needs to be lifted a little bit, and the ceiling in the furnace room....you get the picture... he's gonna be a busy boy! :)

My batch cooking yesterday was a success. I again didn't make all of the recipe's but I know from last time that it makes way too much food for just me..so, that in mind I picked what I thought would be the ones that I'd like best. Had the African Peanut Stew last night for dinner. Ed would love it...its spicy! cayenne pepper, minced ginger root, etc hot! Very tasty...and that's a good thing, as I'll be eating that for one meal all week long!!! Made a huge batch of stew!
    And the beans are cooked for Burritos, I made my own cheeze sauce for that, and curry roasted cauliflower that is just over the top good! I could have eaten all of it straight off the roasting pan!!!! Today I am going to make a small batch of quinoa, and that's it!
    Oh, and it only took me 3 hours, (last week being first week, took nearly 6 hours!) and my kitchen is all cleaned up! WooHoo!!!

Ok, off to the shower, and then time to work on my desk area. (hate that job).

Fool old cat, under my feet this morning, wanting more than just our normal petting and chat, finally he 'herded' me to his food dish, which had lots of dry kibble, and then proceeds to eat. What? You want me to WATCH you eat???? Silly Kitty..no way............
    So I started a conversation with Alexa and that freaked him out! LOL!!!

Later...
    no baby giraffe, and I didn't win the lottery. Seriously...these two items on my list need help!
    Good Luck with a permanent fix.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Ed
    Thank You for the links
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Valerie, give me the recipe for the peanut stew! I'd like to give it a try.

After the orchid judging today, we went to IKEA for the first time ever. We had a late lunch there so now I can mark "eating at IKEA" off my bucket list. I had the Swedish meatball plate and J had the veggie ball plate. And even though they cleverly put the desserts FIRST, which is SO WRONG, I avoided the evil berry cheesecake that was calling to me as I stood in line waiting next to it.

Later in the evening, on the way home from dinner at Marco's, we stopped at Walgreens. 9:30 on a Saturday night and there were so many cars in the lot we thought they were having a party and had forgotten to invite us!

I got my Waldryl and we moseyed on home.

J is finishing the photography work now, as one plant had to have a flower dissected and measured, and we didn't have the equipment to do that with us. We carefully wrapped a flower in damp paper towel and carried it home with us.

We had planned to see a movie tonight but forgot until we had already ordered at the restaurant and it was too late to get to the theatre on time. Another night I guess.

I took some Waldryl (store brand benadryl) so don't know how long I'll be up.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

39 out there now! We have a high of 77 expected today with 10% chance of rain.

Lilo is helping me type by inserting her snout between my hands. Hands are, of course, supposed to be petting her and not typing...

At least she's doing that from my lap, not my desk. That makes it a bit of a stretch for her but that never stops her.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Bizarre foods: Samoa - long but interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c8joNxjFu4
  • RogerToo
    fJFIWW.jpg
    This one is for Both Ed and Valerie :)

iLZcgn.gif

R7fegc.jpg

dBA3VV.jpg

M7IF61.gif
    City version of the sport of Curling :)

OgtmBe.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7.2K steps. The temperature this morning was 43 degrees on the weather forecast vs 32 on the front porch :)
    The brook I walked past is running somewhat high, however it is lower today than yesterday.

OZ9nnn.jpg
    I posted this here since I am currently listening to Isaac Asimov's Rendezvous with Rama while walking.

Have a Nice Palm Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Ed
    I know I would have found it night unto impossible to resist the Berry Cheesecake :)

Who has not done that and messed up their plans, Anybody?

Considering the morning temperature and the frost I passed by it is forecast to be in the 60s today!

Have a Nice day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
    See! I beat You here today :)
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    There is definitely no snooze button on a hungry cat...
  • parityanimal
    Well, Eduardo took that last package of cheap chicken legs, shook them in a baggie with a mixture of salt, pepper, tandoori seasoning, and powdered sriracha seasoning, and roasted them in the toaster oven.

DELICIOUS! And the last of the cheap chicken legs are gone, unless some are very well hidden. As far as I know the only chicken legs left in there are in the package that contains the whole, cut up chicken, unless there is still a frozen whole chicken buried in the deep freeze, but I think I cooked the last one of those a while back.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning, (by the skin of my teeth time wise)
    I've been awake since 7a. Have watched church, fed a pesky cat, fixed myself a pot of vegan gravy, roasted a potato, sautéed a box of mushrooms, and steamed an ear of corn....well, that was all delicious, but to late in the morning...so I expect there won't be a lunch till about 3 or 4, or just skip ahead right into dinner!
    I'm going to try to start the lawn mower...so the chant this morning is 'Go Toro Go!!!' :)
    Ed will send you the African Peanut Stew recipe later tonite...
    Roger, it was practically as cold here as Jersey!! But, at least neither of us are being rained upon! I'm so glad I don't really care for Cheese Cake. Now, had that been chocolate or chocolate fudge cake....I'd be hard put to walk past it!

Time to watch the news if its on, or get dressed if not.

Later...
    no baby giraffe......good grief
  • parityanimal
    There was an especially evil looking chocolate cake just before the cheesecake ... J resisted that too.
  • parityanimal
    Tonight: Beans. Yep, beans. Stovetop "baked" beans. That was my dinner. Followed by banana pudding. I had a coupon for a free pudding mix from Kroger so I added a banana and some vanilla wafers and J and I had banana pudding. A nice treat that I think we usually get maybe once a year.

Delicious!
  • RogerToo
    DPoDF2.jpg

odcv7d.jpg

TmBCW9.jpg

tTcQFI.gif

ipDtlv.jpg

HUV1gL.jpg