Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    Well, I made it to Kroger, and even stopped at Kentucky Fried Taco Bell on the way home and grabbed lunch for J and for me. Getting in and out of Kroger was no issue, as it was just barely misty, but after getting IN to the restaurant, and buying food, it was raining fairly steadily but I had not parked very far from the door.

Back to just misty and drizzly when I got home, so got the groceries and food in with not much difficulty.

Lilo always gets a few small bites of a chicken strip when I stop there so she is very happy when I do that.

At the store I got a whole, cut up chicken that was marked down and it went directly to the deep freeze. I'll pull that out the next time I want to make a whole lot of baked chicken, fried chicken, or a huge pot of chicken and dumplings. But first I need to eat that last package of four chicken legs! Can't forget that it's in the refrigerator freezer.

I also bought a marked down package of 9 smallish chicken thighs, boneless and skinless. That will be broken down to bags of three each (or cooked tonight) as they are fairly small and I might be able to eat two or three at a time. I am pondering frying up the whole package and then freezing the fried pieces. If I make fried chicken (very rare) I do like to go ahead and make enough to be worth the unholy mess! It's just not possible to not spatter oil while making that, so I might as well make enough to last a few meals.

But I'll probably just freeze them, though I may leave three pieces out to bake tonight for dinner (and probably breakfast) along with some vegetable or other.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Ed, weather wise, you lucked out! I don't think Wednesday shoppers are going to be quite so lucky. I may become a Thursday shopper!
    Roger, I don't know about your local stations, but our locals covered this stormy weather for 2 hours....as in no noon news, just maps and maps and warning about the potential storm.
    No damage here, though there was power outages in ATL and around, and some wind damage, etc.
    My rain gauge has ¾ inch rain.

Later...
    No little giraffe, vet just left her pen...she got lots of treats while he looked her over. Sometime later tonight he'll post his observations. Oliver animal went outside today. April's door to the outdoor area was opened, but I never saw her go out the door. She stood there looking out, but if she went out, it was not while I was watching. :)

Mañana cowboys!!!
    LOL!!!
  • parityanimal
    Well, Eduardo insisted on making the fried chicken so my dinner was southern fried chicken, peppered country milk gravy, garlic mashed potatoes, and some lightly buttered peas and carrots.

Of the 9 pieces, I ate the three smallest, and trust me these chickens were definitely no giants! About as much there as maybe a piece and a half of the chicken one usually sees nowadays.

That leaves 6 somewhat larger pieces which will be three more meals of fried chicken. It was definitely worth the mess. I may not even freeze any but just eat fried chicken for meals until it's gone.

I don't know what J is having as he's currently napping, trying to catch up on several days worth of not much sleep. When he wakes, I'll see about getting something together for him.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

60 degrees out there now, with a sunny high of 81 predicted for today.

I had leftover chicken and mashed potatoes for breakfast, with gravy.

Lilo has been fed, the sink cleared, and the dishwasher is running.

Having some fillings redone today and the start of replacing one crown. Need another crown but will think about that one for a bit.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    vS7Kdh.jpg

b4jyP7.jpg

8BuiPP.jpg

MwbH9T.gif

RlH6MC.jpg

fzYGFi.gif

qqnXuA.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7,200 steps. The temperature this morning was 50 degrees on the weather forecast and 51 on the front porch, There was a mild wind blowing and The forecast rain was still falling at 6AM, and it had ceased by 6:30 so I walked and it did drizzle a couple of times, Not bad overall however.

The brook I walked past was running high and was slightly over it's banks.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Japanese and Turkish street foods. A bit long, but somewhat hypnotic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2I_YvYl58Y
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning! Rainy days and Monday's...etc.
    Severe Thunderstorm Warnings until 5 pm today...not at all sure WHEN I'd go out to the grocery if I was Ed! LOL!
    I have everything I need, so going out to the gym is my only fleeting thought. I can do everything here, so why get wet?
    Ed, the bread making is a great video. Had a bit of trouble understanding everything, Brits talk funny!! LOL! BUT, makes me want to dash right to the kitchen and make a loaf. It was the kneading that got me...I love kneading bread. Crazy right? Also his loaf, with the weighted thingy and the cuts...reminds me of a Sand Dollar. AND it is Buckwheat...there is no 'wheat' in Buckwheat, and it is a flour that I can use. May have to get some, if I can find it...most likely I'll find it on Amazon or if really lucky Bob's Red Mill will have it.
    I really should NOT watch food vid's until after I've eaten, and I think that is next on my list to do!
    Hi Valerie
    I noticed that Your weather was not too good, at least ours is mainly rain with ponding on the roads and minor flooding :)
    I agree, That is one reason I finished my breakfast a few minutes ago, It was spread out over a period of time from 6:30 to 9:30 :)

I have to look at that video, I did open it in a new tab for later viewing.
    Roger, glad to know you have spring flowers. They always make me happy, which is why I have so many daffodils planted in my yard. The late ones are just blooming, along with those late never seen before tulips. The tulips are a real mystery to me. The reason we don't do long term tulip plantings supposedly is because we don't have cold winters, so they don't rebloom well...(explain that to Roger in NJ!!! lol?), Yet, I have some fancy frilly ones that I bought long ago, as they were part of some health campaign, and they're the ones that have me scratching my head...this year pink frilly turned to beautiful purple regular looking tulips???? How'd THAT happen? And then I had a 'bumper crop' of pink-reds in the front bed..(we're talking 6-8 blooms), and now the late blooming 2 red ones that I've never seen bloom.
    Take into consideration, that we did not have Winter this year. So there were no 'cooling hours', yet I have tulips. ????? Maybe sometimes Hort. majors make this stuff up??? :)
    As far as I know it, they they do not need a hard frost.

As for the color and style, You are dependent on the integrity of the supplier for that.
    Heading toward the kitchen...gonna have a quick piece of toast and my morning banana, and try the shredding disc of my new, on sale, cheap, etc. Food Processor. My old one, many, many years old (more than 20), did not have the attachments...so this could be fun. THEN, I'm going to mash up some potatoes, and have a lunch of Colcannon. :) (not quite over being Irish yet)

Later...
    Oh, no baby giraffe yet. Though they had pix of several other babies, and a little joey stuck his head out of mom's pouch first time..that was cute. I think she's a Wallaby. Not a big gray kangaroo. Pygmy goats, etc. Spring is in the air! Oh and my brother posted pix of his surprise late lamb! Little cutie. Oh, and for another dose of cuteness, google Hotot rabbits. Kat who's in Mass. with her 3 girls, just bought one for her oldest...these have to be the cutest tiny rabbits ever...BIG, no HUGE black eyes on a snow white bunny, weighing in at 2-3 pounds. (Ed will remember Kat from our NS thread with Howard)

My Brother uses a shredding attachment or else depending on his mood he shreds potatoes, squeezes out the water and makes a Home Fries pattie after seasoning the taters.
    Ed, weather wise, you lucked out! I don't think Wednesday shoppers are going to be quite so lucky. I may become a Thursday shopper!
    Roger, I don't know about your local stations, but our locals covered this stormy weather for 2 hours....as in no noon news, just maps and maps and warning about the potential storm.
    No damage here, though there was power outages in ATL and around, and some wind damage, etc.
    My rain gauge has ¾ inch rain.

Later...
    No little giraffe, vet just left her pen...she got lots of treats while he looked her over. Sometime later tonight he'll post his observations. Oliver animal went outside today. April's door to the outdoor area was opened, but I never saw her go out the door. She stood there looking out, but if she went out, it was not while I was watching. :)

Mañana cowboys!!!
    LOL!!!
    They only touch on the bad weather in other parts of the country for a minute + usually. Bad weather here they also drop the real news for weather coverage.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    People trying Costa Rican foods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APO0eWMJhOI
  • RogerToo
    Well, I made it to Kroger, and even stopped at Kentucky Fried Taco Bell on the way home and grabbed lunch for J and for me. Getting in and out of Kroger was no issue, as it was just barely misty, but after getting IN to the restaurant, and buying food, it was raining fairly steadily but I had not parked very far from the door.

Back to just misty and drizzly when I got home, so got the groceries and food in with not much difficulty.

Lilo always gets a few small bites of a chicken strip when I stop there so she is very happy when I do that.

At the store I got a whole, cut up chicken that was marked down and it went directly to the deep freeze. I'll pull that out the next time I want to make a whole lot of baked chicken, fried chicken, or a huge pot of chicken and dumplings. But first I need to eat that last package of four chicken legs! Can't forget that it's in the refrigerator freezer.

I also bought a marked down package of 9 smallish chicken thighs, boneless and skinless. That will be broken down to bags of three each (or cooked tonight) as they are fairly small and I might be able to eat two or three at a time. I am pondering frying up the whole package and then freezing the fried pieces. If I make fried chicken (very rare) I do like to go ahead and make enough to be worth the unholy mess! It's just not possible to not spatter oil while making that, so I might as well make enough to last a few meals.

But I'll probably just freeze them, though I may leave three pieces out to bake tonight for dinner (and probably breakfast) along with some vegetable or other.
    Hi Ed
    As I recall, KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut are owned by the same Conglomerate and delivered on the same truck. You often see small looking store fronts that have all three of those within.

I have been tempted to get a small counter top deep fryer and store the filtered oil in the refrigerator between uses. I suspect cheesecloth would make a good filter and not take forever to filter through as a Coffee filter most likely would take.

Nothing wrong with marked down. I know my brother looks for them in the ShopRite when he is grocery shopping and knows where to look for them. They have a cooler up front near the registers that holds the previous days Lunch sandwiches, pastries from the instore bakery and getting old prepackaged Deli meats and salads.
    The Meats he knows where to look for them in a different location.
    Well, Eduardo insisted on making the fried chicken so my dinner was southern fried chicken, peppered country milk gravy, garlic mashed potatoes, and some lightly buttered peas and carrots.

Of the 9 pieces, I ate the three smallest, and trust me these chickens were definitely no giants! About as much there as maybe a piece and a half of the chicken one usually sees nowadays.

That leaves 6 somewhat larger pieces which will be three more meals of fried chicken. It was definitely worth the mess. I may not even freeze any but just eat fried chicken for meals until it's gone.

I don't know what J is having as he's currently napping, trying to catch up on several days worth of not much sleep. When he wakes, I'll see about getting something together for him.
    Being a lazy person I would have bought enough KFC to have for several meals :)
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

60 degrees out there now, with a sunny high of 81 predicted for today.

I had leftover chicken and mashed potatoes for breakfast, with gravy.

Lilo has been fed, the sink cleared, and the dishwasher is running.

Having some fillings redone today and the start of replacing one crown. Need another crown but will think about that one for a bit.
    That sounds like a nice breakfast to me, I'm guessing Home made mashed potatoes and not the ones from KFC that I believe to be instant potatoes.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    I would have had no major objection to eating reheated KFC for a few days, but they don't serve milk gravy there, and I have to say Eduardo's fried chicken beats KFC's any day. Besides, no skin, no bones on what was prepared. With KFC there would be skin (my favorite fried part actually) that I really don't need to eat a lot of.

I'll be having more leftovers for lunch, then brush up, shower, and head to the dentist.

• parityanimal
    Traditional English dishes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVYjLXP9AO8
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    GOod Morning!
    I watched the street food, and was so hungry I had to open the refrigerator.... :)
    Late start again today. This is getting to be a habit? Naw..surely not.
    Need to sit down with the new weekly batch menu and check off the grocery list. I Think I may have learned something...I still have loads of food left, and I didn't ever make that last dish on the list. It included a mango and an avocado for salsa, and I opted to eat them straight up with other beans and cheeze, etc from other days. It says the recipe's make servings for 1 - 2...well let me tell you...its WAY much for one!!! Today I can finish off the beans and rice, leaving quinoa and the nut mix (faux meat?) to put with some veggies for tomorrow...and there will still be leftovers for the freezer.
    Tulips need not a hard frost, but long cool temps, so many tulip bulbs are stored in refrigerated areas, grown in chilly places (think Holland), why the color change I do not know, Unless...those two bulbs had not previously bloomed..and had just put up foliage for several years...possible.
    Maybe next year the frilly ones will bloom :)
    On with my day...
    No giraffe baby yet.
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Hi Again
    I'm back from my run to CostCo @ $113+ and 11,380 Steps now :)

While I was at CostCo I noticed that they had the NS $100 gift cards which is an extra $25 off of the regular discounted price. I did notice where it said Member Only Item Fortunately I am a member.
    $25 OFF, $25 manufacturer’s discount is valid 3/23/17 through 4/17/17. While supplies last.

So I know have Two bags of the Cauliflower/Broccoli/and two types of carrots in the freezer as well as Their Frozen Green Beans. a Tray of Pink Lady Apples, a 3 Pound Bag of Bananas and a Bottle of their Real Vanilla Bean Extract for my brother. I also picked up for stock a 10 pack of Kleenex and a Pack of Charmin TP. It isn't a low coat shopping trip when You Buy in bulk to save Money :(
    I did manage to not buy the Tres Leche Cake even if I would really like to try it after having seen it on several cooking shows.

On the Way Home I managed to overcome my Carts trying to turn into the hot food area :)
    Then on the way home I had to fight the steering wheel on the car when it tried to turn into McDonald's and following that I had the Same problem driving past Burger King, the Bakery I passed and Wendy's :)
    I managed to beat and arrive home safely with no extra fattening foods.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I would have had no major objection to eating reheated KFC for a few days, but they don't serve milk gravy there, and I have to say Eduardo's fried chicken beats KFC's any day. Besides, no skin, no bones on what was prepared. With KFC there would be skin (my favorite fried part actually) that I really don't need to eat a lot of.

I'll be having more leftovers for lunch, then brush up, shower, and head to the dentist.
    Hi Ed
    The Crispy Breaded Skin is the most flavorful part of the KFC :)

If You like Your Chicken better, I say go for it, I'm sure it less expensive.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    GOod Morning!
    I watched the street food, and was so hungry I had to open the refrigerator.... :)
    Late start again today. This is getting to be a habit? Naw..surely not.
    Need to sit down with the new weekly batch menu and check off the grocery list. I Think I may have learned something...I still have loads of food left, and I didn't ever make that last dish on the list. It included a mango and an avocado for salsa, and I opted to eat them straight up with other beans and cheeze, etc from other days. It says the recipe's make servings for 1 - 2...well let me tell you...its WAY much for one!!! Today I can finish off the beans and rice, leaving quinoa and the nut mix (faux meat?) to put with some veggies for tomorrow...and there will still be leftovers for the freezer.
    Tulips need not a hard frost, but long cool temps, so many tulip bulbs are stored in refrigerated areas, grown in chilly places (think Holland), why the color change I do not know, Unless...those two bulbs had not previously bloomed..and had just put up foliage for several years...possible.
    Maybe next year the frilly ones will bloom :)
    On with my day...
    No giraffe baby yet.

Hi Valerie
    I had a late start today to, I did manage to overcome it :)

I can not think of anything I forgot to pick up at CostCo. I had $120 in my Billfold and Spent $113 + Change out of it. Luckily Socialized Security Arrives on the 12th this month and I can not think of anything I really need before then so It is OK . I do keep a spare $20 tucked away as emergency cash when walking as well as Misc. dollar bills to use for my morning Coffee. Not to mention I have a bunch of free Dunkin Donuts any size hot coffee I can redeem :)

Not having bloomed before makes sense as I do not believe they can change colors and styles. I did notice that the Anemone has buds on it so that will be the next to bloom followed by The early bloom Bleeding Heart. I also noticed that the Blackberry and Raspberries have buds getting ready to break into leaf. It won't be to long before it is time to unwrap the Fig Plants and bend them back upright.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger