Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Thank goodness for that Ed. Ted my DS2 was also home, but will have a very different route to work tomorrow.
    The Airport fire trucks have foamed the area. Like it was a crashed plane.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    xQQT0G.jpg

0S6yIU.jpg

UGYnt9.jpg

rfX1Mb.gif

mBO82l.jpg
    In case You are wondering, a 404 is page not found on the Internet

p9L09a.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 6,350 steps. The temperature this morning was 39 degrees and and there had been rain falling before I went out the door. It had stopped and then started once again shortly after I left the house. The heavier rain is supposed to be moving in later according to this mornings weather forecast.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    About to head to the kitchen...need to unload the dishwasher, the dish drainer is empty, clear a couple things that won't be needed from the kitchen cabinets, take a big deep breath, and it will be ready set go!!!! I slept later than I'd intended so already I'm behind...except there is no real schedule today. In my chat with DS1, Livy is sick. fever, cough, headache, etc. soooo that lets Grammie off the hook for her evening traffic drive! AND if Liv's better, they are going to HHI for a 3 day weekend! I'd beg to go, but 10 hours of sitting for 3 days at the beach that I just left...naw...not yet. (besides who'd eat all this good food I'm about to go cook? LOL!)

Will watch the video's etc later when I need a break.

Ed, no judgment call here, but why in the world would you go shopping at Kroger on a Saturday??? I'd have to to need a life or death item before I'd even think about it. Or else your Kroger is WAY different than the one over here. Weekends and day before any holiday was always jam packed and impossible to navigate the isles! :) Curious is all.

Roger, in defense of your eating in earlier days....I can remember liking boxed spanish rice, and a few other items. BUT....I think in the beginning of these foods they were made differently..had less chemicals, less salt, preservatives, etc....but when food became a 'big business', and the bottom line wasn't what was good for the consumer, but was good for the stock holders.....it all changed. Just my opinion/thoughts.

Ok, I've procrastinated long enough...see ya later unless I get eaten by my new food processor or liquified by the VitaMix! LOL!!!

Later...
    no baby giraffe yet either.

Hi Valerie
    My brother goes to the local ShopRite on most Sundays. Me I'd rather go on a weekday early. If You go early the cashiers are out in front of the registers waiting for customers :)

And I always liked Rice-A-Roni and Hamburger helper years ago too. My tendency was to double up the amount of ground beef too.
    Roger this may not really sound so awful to you, but we have a major problem in ATL right now. There was a horrific fire under a bridge on I-85...major major north south way thru our town, and for people passing thru.
    Ed, did you have your tv on? I was still in the kitchen, and had just turned the tv on..to see what looked like the fires of hell. When the interstate bridge fell it put out a good bit the fire. I see you've posted...will go read.

Actually we have had bridges damaged by fire in the past and it caused major traffic problems until they were inspected and if needed repaired.
    I suspect that this fire will have a huge impact on traffic in the Atlanta area for quite a while. Replacement bridges are not a off the shelf item :)
    Thank goodness for that Ed. Ted my DS2 was also home, but will have a very different route to work tomorrow.
    The Airport fire trucks have foamed the area. Like it was a crashed plane.

I just caught the end of the coverage on our local cable news channel, I see that one section of bridge in one direction is gone. Time to have the Army bring in their bridging equipment :)

Good Luck with this one
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    J's mother, sister, and our soon-to-be-niece-in-law are supposed to be coming to visit for the weekend. If they get here early enough, we may go to Kroger on Friday, but Saturday may have to do. His mother prefers to select her own fruits and snacks for her visit, and niece-in-law is picky about what she'll eat.

I'm planning to make Spaghetti at least one night while they are here, but will try to hide the fact that the meat in my sauce is going to be lamb...J's sauce, of course, will be vegetarian.
    Hi Ed
    Thank You for the link to the news.

In my house when we were growing up a picky eater went hungry. Amazing how hunger conquers picky :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's 60 out there on this fabulous Friday, with a high expected of only 71! That storm that came through last night must have been a cold front. Hopefully it went through midtown and washed away some of the smell from the fire that wrecked the interstate. No rain expected today.

Amazingly NO ONE was reported hurt, and apparently no cars were damaged. That one picture that shows it shortly after it started, when, possibly, it could have been managed, also shows what probably caught fire shortly thereafter...I had no idea those plastic conduits were flammable! Watching news clips last night was rather surreal, with forty foot walls of flam shooting up both sides of the internet.

Got a bit of cleaning up to do before guest arrival.——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    Hi its me!
    Issues with electricity and storms, a terrified cat, interstates burning and span falling...I don't think I'd like to relive that night. UGH.
    Friend of mine had a Dr. appt, 12 miles from his house...WAZE routed him thru a maze of streets to get him there...it took an hour.
    I am/was? going to see Ted tomorrow after my haircut in Decatur. Getting to Decatur, and even to midtown should not be difficult, EXCEPT all those city streets are going to be 'hell'. Hair cut is necessary, visit with DS2 debatable.
    That fire area is the very way I went to work 5 nights a week. It fell onto the exit ramp I used. I never knew all that conduit was so very flamable either.
    News is on, and 3 spans of bridge Northbound, and 3 spans of the bridge southbound, and all the support columns will need to be replaced...the southbound is over Piedmont Road. Another major road that will be impossible while they rebuild those southbound bridge spans.
    Hang up ATL for the summer.

Windy here today...currently 64 degrees.

TIme to head to the kitchen. I slept thru the breakfast hour, but my tummy says there will be food SOON!

Got the dishwasher run already this morning. Wasn't too keen about running it last night with the power going on and off half dozen times. Weird walking around your own home carrying not only your phone, but also a flashlight!

Ed, enjoy your time with family.
    Roger, I have been known to shop Sunday mornings in my past. But now the tightwad in me shops on Wednesdays. :) Saved about $10 this week between being old, and my Kroger Plus card. Not to be sneezed at!

Tonite I get to put several of the dishes together to make Chili Rellanos. Recipe reads good, so I'm excited. I can say, the 'creamy ranch dressing', the beans which were a mix of adzuki beans and small red beans, as I didn't have as many of the adzuki beans than I thought I had! They are delicious. also I made a vegan cheese that is quite tasty, so much so, I had to put it in a sealed container in the refrigerator or I'd have eaten it all while I finished doing the batching! In short everything I made yesterday was delicious. Now I just have to combine them to make great entree's!

Later...
    Oh, they (American Adventure Park) says 24-48 hours we'll have a baby. I sure hope so.... and I'm quite sure April the Mom to be Giraffe would agree! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2017
    I think April is waiting (or trying to wait) until April to have her baby!
  • GardenKatGardens
    I think so too Ed, and she's only got 3 more hours to wait, and she can have her April baby.

Interesting dinner...it was not exactly anything to get excited about. The Chili Rellanos casserole was just not good. The sauce was too dry, and for all the spices etc that were in it, it was surprisingly bland. Made me feel bad, as I love those poblano peppers, and I know how to make them diet friendly for me, and GOOD! That went into the trash...no leftovers to worry with there! Sides were the adzuki beans which were good, and quinoa that actually was tasty, that is the beans and quinoa were good til I put the Mole sauce on them...either thats a sad recipe or I just don't like Mole sauce....long story short, dinner was a bust. Happens some time. Tomorrow is supposed to be 3 seed hummus, and stuffed pita. I have the sneaking suspicion that I'll make my usual hummus with chickpeas, lemon, garlic and some tahini and call it a day! Stuff my pita with the beans etc, but .... oh, and I think the roasted marinated carrots are also included...the carrots are tasty so its a go there... stay tuned...either the food improves or the subscription will be a one month wonder! LOL!!

New spiffy credit card today...so need to notify a couple places that bill direct monthly. Manaña, right? Si!!!!

So while I dwell on Spanish words, I'll end with
    Siesta time! Buenas Noches!
  • parityanimal
    Our supper tonight was spaghetti. Meat sauce (lamb) for me, and Marinara for J. In addition to the VERY RARE treat of spaghetti for supper, the bread machine came out this evening and we had some freshly baked light bread, some of which got made into garlic cheese toast to go with the spaghetti.

Supper was delicious, and of course I ate too much. The home made bread came out with a lovely crumb and flavor, and it made delightful garlic cheese toast. And, of course, spaghetti sauce and I are old friends so no issues with that at all.

The only slightly unusual part was the lamb instead of ground beef, but I have actually done that before too.

Family guests should be arriving any minute now from Kentucky.

• parityanimal
    They arrived about 11:10. I will be going to bed shortly. Since I have lovely home made bread available, I believe I will have eggs and toast for breakfast in the morning...and if I have any sausage links left, maybe those too.

• RogerToo
    uA8oxo.jpg

88XTmP.jpg
    How do You drive ??

UHgbsA.jpg

DNOUjW.gif
    Pull My Finger

ai1IFm.gif
    Neat Time Lapse image

ssHPxp.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7.7K steps. The temperature this morning was 33 degrees on the weather forecast and 39 on the front porch, There had been rain falling before I went out the door. It had stopped and when I left the house there was a wind blowing a mist that was somewhat uncomfortable. There are some rain showers that are supposed to be moving in later according to this mornings weather forecast.

It's xKF05N.jpg

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! And April Fools Day!

I can assure you I don't need a special day to be a fool sometimes.

57 out there now with a high of 76 expected. Zero percent chance of rain.

J has a local orchid society board meeting this afternoon. I usually go too and may tag along and get what I need from Kroger, in the same parking lot. Not sure what the company visiting has planned.

I had toast and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Sink is cleared and dishwasher is running.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    They have arrested suspects connected to the I-85 fire and collapse.

http://www.11alive.com/traffic/i-85-collapse/3-arrested-in-connection-to-i-85-fire-collapse/427369010
  • RogerToo
    Hi its me!
    Issues with electricity and storms, a terrified cat, interstates burning and span falling...I don't think I'd like to relive that night. UGH.
    Friend of mine had a Dr. appt, 12 miles from his house...WAZE routed him thru a maze of streets to get him there...it took an hour.
    I am/was? going to see Ted tomorrow after my haircut in Decatur. Getting to Decatur, and even to midtown should not be difficult, EXCEPT all those city streets are going to be 'hell'. Hair cut is necessary, visit with DS2 debatable.
    That fire area is the very way I went to work 5 nights a week. It fell onto the exit ramp I used. I never knew all that conduit was so very flamable either.
    News is on, and 3 spans of bridge Northbound, and 3 spans of the bridge southbound, and all the support columns will need to be replaced...the southbound is over Piedmont Road. Another major road that will be impossible while they rebuild those southbound bridge spans.
    Hang up ATL for the summer.

Windy here today...currently 64 degrees.

TIme to head to the kitchen. I slept thru the breakfast hour, but my tummy says there will be food SOON!

Got the dishwasher run already this morning. Wasn't too keen about running it last night with the power going on and off half dozen times. Weird walking around your own home carrying not only your phone, but also a flashlight!

Ed, enjoy your time with family.
    Roger, I have been known to shop Sunday mornings in my past. But now the tightwad in me shops on Wednesdays. :) Saved about $10 this week between being old, and my Kroger Plus card. Not to be sneezed at!

Tonite I get to put several of the dishes together to make Chili Rellanos. Recipe reads good, so I'm excited. I can say, the 'creamy ranch dressing', the beans which were a mix of adzuki beans and small red beans, as I didn't have as many of the adzuki beans than I thought I had! They are delicious. also I made a vegan cheese that is quite tasty, so much so, I had to put it in a sealed container in the refrigerator or I'd have eaten it all while I finished doing the batching! In short everything I made yesterday was delicious. Now I just have to combine them to make great entree's!

Later...
    Oh, they (American Adventure Park) says 24-48 hours we'll have a baby. I sure hope so.... and I'm quite sure April the Mom to be Giraffe would agree! :)
    Hi Valerie
    It does indeed look like Atlanta is in for a tough Summer as are all the other people that use that roadway.
    I wonder if it will cause delivery problems for trucks due to traffic problems.
    I heard that they need to replace three sections and supports too on our local news from New York City. The footage I saw showed then testing what looked like the supports and when they were tapped with a hammer they crumbled :(

I'm sorry hear that You on and off electricity like that.

I did a double savings this past Wednesday too, Senior Discount and Good Customer discount stacked on the Fruits I bought.

I thought I heard on the news that they were going to induce the birth for April :)
    I think so too Ed, and she's only got 3 more hours to wait, and she can have her April baby.

Interesting dinner...it was not exactly anything to get excited about. The Chili Rellanos casserole was just not good. The sauce was too dry, and for all the spices etc that were in it, it was surprisingly bland. Made me feel bad, as I love those poblano peppers, and I know how to make them diet friendly for me, and GOOD! That went into the trash...no leftovers to worry with there! Sides were the adzuki beans which were good, and quinoa that actually was tasty, that is the beans and quinoa were good til I put the Mole sauce on them...either thats a sad recipe or I just don't like Mole sauce....long story short, dinner was a bust. Happens some time. Tomorrow is supposed to be 3 seed hummus, and stuffed pita. I have the sneaking suspicion that I'll make my usual hummus with chickpeas, lemon, garlic and some tahini and call it a day! Stuff my pita with the beans etc, but .... oh, and I think the roasted marinated carrots are also included...the carrots are tasty so its a go there... stay tuned...either the food improves or the subscription will be a one month wonder! LOL!!

New spiffy credit card today...so need to notify a couple places that bill direct monthly. Manaña, right? Si!!!!

So while I dwell on Spanish words, I'll end with
    Siesta time! Buenas Noches!

I agree, somnetimes things that looked good just are not :)
    A shame about the wasted time and money too :(

The need to change CC Numbers is one reason I hate getting a new one too. If they are going to issue a new card they should do more than change the expiration date, they should also change the number IMO

Have a Nice Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Our supper tonight was spaghetti. Meat sauce (lamb) for me, and Marinara for J. In addition to the VERY RARE treat of spaghetti for supper, the bread machine came out this evening and we had some freshly baked light bread, some of which got made into garlic cheese toast to go with the spaghetti.

Supper was delicious, and of course I ate too much. The home made bread came out with a lovely crumb and flavor, and it made delightful garlic cheese toast. And, of course, spaghetti sauce and I are old friends so no issues with that at all.

The only slightly unusual part was the lamb instead of ground beef, but I have actually done that before too.

Family guests should be arriving any minute now from Kentucky.
    Hi Ed
    I splurged for me and had a Lean Cuisine entree for dinner. That would be their very tasty "Classic Macaroni and Beef" which has a goodly proportion of ground beef in it.

I have been known in the past, Pre NS, to make Macaroni & Cheese & Ground Beef or Bacon.
    They arrived about 11:10. I will be going to bed shortly. Since I have lovely home made bread available, I believe I will have eggs and toast for breakfast in the morning...and if I have any sausage links left, maybe those too.
    That sounds Delicious

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    More details in the story.
    Is this anywhere near either of You?

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/244992357-story

Man arrested for stealing thousands of tons of dirt

Man arrested for stealing thousands of tons of dirt

Posted:Mar 30 2017 02:17PM EDT
    Updated:Mar 30 2017 05:16PM EDT

SENOIA, Ga. - A Fayetteville man was arrested for stealing and selling more than 3,000 tons of dirt from a woman’s property in Senoia.

Dennis Smith, 65, of Fayetteville, was arrested after Senoia police said more than 183 dump truck loads of dirt were excavated and stolen from the property without the owner’s knowledge.
  • parityanimal
    That's not near me but I can't imagine how anyone managed to steal that much dirt without the owner's knowledge...unless they have a VERY large property.