Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    Spent over two hours at the dentist. Prepped for two crowns (one new, one replacement) and one filling done. One filling left to do and the actual crowns to be placed when they arrive.

I've bitten my cheek and my tongue, as I usually do, and feel like I've been punched in the face. Several times...

Oh, and Tres Leches cake is overrated. Trust me...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Spent over two hours at the dentist. Prepped for two crowns (one new, one replacement) and one filling done. One filling left to do and the actual crowns to be placed when they arrive.

I've bitten my cheek and my tongue, as I usually do, and feel like I've been punched in the face. Several times...

Oh, and Tres Leches cake is overrated. Trust me...

Hi Ed
    If I said a trip to the dentist is torture and that is only for a cleaning. I feel for You.

Thank You for the feedback on the cake, Much appreciated, Now I do not feel so badly resisting it since I can not find a single slice somewhere to try. I'm sure You must know how large the CostCo baked goods are :) Slices of Carrot cake and other types are available, even if only at the Diner.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Tres Leches cake overrataed???? ED??? What did the dentist do to your taste buds???
    I get a big piece every year when my neighbor has her birthday. It I believe has pineapple added, and it is to die for! (or from..) I think maybe her cakes come from the International Market on Pleasant Hill..but I don't know that for sure.
    Your trip to the dentist sounds like a really long session..so sorry. Know you'll be glad to get your crowns finished up. Make it easier to eat that good Fried Chicken with the biscuits and cream gravy. :)

Roger, my SS won't be here until the 19th. I should be fine, like you, there is some 'mad money' that I don't spend unless its absolutely necessary!

Tomorrow is going to be another very stormy day..looks like it could begin as early as 6:30 a.m. Not nice. No shopping tomorrow! Have lots of choices of leftovers to either eat or freeze, so I'm good.

Worked outside in my front flower bed..I may be slightly 'pink' but I don't think burnt. I do know that sun was HOT! And my face was red after 2 hours.
    Flower bed looks good. Ready for some summer annuals in a week or two. Blackberry canes are blooming nicely now in the back yard.

No giraffe baby. maybe tonite or tomorrow.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Valerie, you're not helping Roger to resist the Tres Leches cake! :)

I've had some rather bland and disappointing version made at either Publix or Kroger a couple of times and was not impressed, so without knowing what's actually in the one he's been seeing, couldn't really be sure about how good it is.

Dinner tonight, with two temporary crowns, one fresh filling, and sore gums, I was not up eating the rest of the fried chicken. Maybe tomorrow. J had two fillings done this morning and missed lunch because he was trying to sleep while the jaw was still numb. By the time he got up, I had made MY trip to the dentist and wasn't back for quite some time, and not until way past lunch time.

Fortunately, Eduardo stepped into the breach and whipped up some Noodles Romanoff and some scalloped potatoes for a nice, gentle meal, aside from the carefully chewed, slightly crispy edges and tops of the casseroles. J and I both had a reasonable plate each of that and there is some leftover in case we need it tomorrow.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful wet Wednesday! 60 out there now with a stormy high of 74 expected.

90% chance of strong storms. It is thundering now and maybe some light rain.

Lilo is having her bath now in my lap.

I need to get a few dishes out of the sink and perhaps run the dishwasher. I might also do some of the laundry load from the guest visit.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    OMGOSH! I did not see that post from Roger.
    Roger...don't ever eat it. Its not good for you. I don't eat it anymore...have in the past. But then I ate a lot of things in the past that I don't eat now, some of them I really miss, all of them were good....but I don't/won't eat them again.

(Ed thanks for pointing out my bad! YIKES!)
  • GardenKatGardens
    So the song for today is 'Stormy Weather', and has nothing to do with relationships, just a handy title. Thunder, rumble, lightening, thunder. Supposed to be a rough day ALL day. I guess the winds and tornado's come later today...right now just a bunch of racket and black skies. Tom E. hiding out somewhere, I've called him twice to let the old guy into the house, and to eat his breakfast kibble, no cat to be seen.....
    Going to take a good look at the Batch Cooking for this week...will be starting it on Friday, as I am not about to go out into this mess to grocery shop.

No giraffe baby... and I really don't know anything new.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2017
    I'm still pondering laundry and/or dishwasher but think I'll just wait on both until a less storm laden day, as I sure don't want to get either one started just to then lose power and have to do it all over again...

It seems OK now, just noisy, but later may be worse.

As Snoopy may have typed...It was a dark and stormy morning...
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7,200 K steps. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees on the weather forecast and 49 on the front porch, There was a light Fog in the area and TBH over most of NJ.
    I stopped for a couple of eggs and whole wheat toast as breakfast and to kill time until I could stop at the Dollar Store for a second quart of milk to put on the shelf, I am sure it will be used up before February 2018 :)
    I also stopped at the Grocery Store for 3 Nectarines and 4 Black Plums to add variety to the fruits I Picked up at CostCo yesterday.

The brook I walked past was running high and was slightly over it's banks again today.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    VNPlsp.jpg

oZWfBd.jpg

6AMkUD.jpg

ioNUY0.jpg

xNudUg.gif

VjfVZL.gif
  • RogerToo
    OMGOSH! I did not see that post from Roger.
    Roger...don't ever eat it. Its not good for you. I don't eat it anymore...have in the past. But then I ate a lot of things in the past that I don't eat now, some of them I really miss, all of them were good....but I don't/won't eat them again.

(Ed thanks for pointing out my bad! YIKES!)

Hi Valerie
    I
    l will survive not having it. It is also possible That Your Taste buds and Eds are very different.
    Not to mention that I think the cake at CostCo was around $16...
    So the song for today is 'Stormy Weather', and has nothing to do with relationships, just a handy title. Thunder, rumble, lightening, thunder. Supposed to be a rough day ALL day. I guess the winds and tornado's come later today...right now just a bunch of racket and black skies. Tom E. hiding out somewhere, I've called him twice to let the old guy into the house, and to eat his breakfast kibble, no cat to be seen.....
    Going to take a good look at the Batch Cooking for this week...will be starting it on Friday, as I am not about to go out into this mess to grocery shop.

No giraffe baby... and I really don't know anything new.

Later...

I hope You come through with no Damage and retain Your power too. Ours is scheduled for tomorrow, In tried canceling the weather and was told once You order it, it's Yours and will be delivered :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful wet Wednesday! 60 out there now with a stormy high of 74 expected.

90% chance of strong storms. It is thundering now and maybe some light rain.

Lilo is having her bath now in my lap.

I need to get a few dishes out of the sink and perhaps run the dishwasher. I might also do some of the laundry load from the guest visit.
    Hi Ed
    I can understand that. What I did when the weather forecast for Superstorm Sandy looked so bad was make sure I did the laundry ahead just in case we lost power and sure enough it was out over a week that time.
    I'm still pondering laundry and/or dishwasher but think I'll just wait on both until a less storm laden day, as I sure don't want to get either one started just to then lose power and have to do it all over again...

It seems OK now, just noisy, but later may be worse.

As Snoopy may have typed...It was a dark and stormy morning...

I remember that line, It is famous IMO :)

Have a safe day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    D's mother passed on this morning. He is, of course, in Tucson, where he's been for several months now. After getting everything all taken care of, I don't know what his plans are going to be. I doubt he knows.
  • GardenKatGardens
    I'm sure you are concerned for D. He seemed to be having a hard time financially. Hope whatever he decides to do here forward is rewarding for him.
    Saw your fb post.
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited April 2017
    I just dumped 2.25 inches of rain from today..so far. Jack just texted me that he dumped 2 ¾ from his rain gauge, that he'd emptied last night. I just hope all of the Lake Lanier basin got that much rain..will help the lake levels.We're now under tornado watch until 10p. so, there is possibility of more rain. I emptied my gauge at 5, thinking it might 'over flow' if we hit another of those downpours of earlier today.
    All that said....I managed to sleep thru a lot of thunder and had a nice 2+hour nap!!
    Time to feed Tom E. and then me.

Roger your take on the weather made me laugh!
    You order it, it's Yours and will be delivered :) That is SOOO true!

And in the future, should you decide you need to taste that nasty good cake, buy a really good slice from a Mexican or International market. Not at all sure about one from Costco...(much as I love my Costco...)

Still no giraffe.
  • RogerToo
    7mAJvk.jpg

G8FSFR.jpg

QjzAPD.jpg

QwBssP.jpg
    We be Jamming Today

N03TCW.jpg

HJdmKx.png
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 6K steps. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees on the weather forecast and 43 on the front porch, There is a light rain in the area and heavier rain is in the forecast for later this morning. I was being pushed along by the wind on the outward leg and was facing into it and occasional wind driven rain on the homeward bound leg of my walk, Hence the shortened walk.

The brook I walked past was still running somewhat high and was slightly over it's banks again today and will likely be worse later on after the heavy rain moves in.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I just dumped 2.25 inches of rain from today..so far. Jack just texted me that he dumped 2 ¾ from his rain gauge, that he'd emptied last night. I just hope all of the Lake Lanier basin got that much rain..will help the lake levels.We're now under tornado watch until 10p. so, there is possibility of more rain. I emptied my gauge at 5, thinking it might 'over flow' if we hit another of those downpours of earlier today.
    All that said....I managed to sleep thru a lot of thunder and had a nice 2+hour nap!!
    Time to feed Tom E. and then me.

Roger your take on the weather made me laugh!
    You order it, it's Yours and will be delivered :) That is SOOO true!

And in the future, should you decide you need to taste that nasty good cake, buy a really good slice from a Mexican or International market. Not at all sure about one from Costco...(much as I love my Costco...)

Still no giraffe.
    Hi Valerie
    We do not have any of that type of market locally, the closest is a grocery store that has a mix and nothing like a in store bakery that might have slices for sale. The ShopRite that does sell slices is American based bakery goods.

I did see the Tornado warning for Your area on the news. I hope all is well for You and Ed.
    Hopefully the rain fell where it is needed :) Although Weather can be a contrary.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    D's mother passed on this morning. He is, of course, in Tucson, where he's been for several months now. After getting everything all taken care of, I don't know what his plans are going to be. I doubt he knows.
    Hi Ed
    I'm sorry to hear about that death.
    Roger