Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8K steps + a Quarter found. The temperature this morning was 50 degrees on the weather forecast vs 39 on the front porch :)
    It is warming up nicely today too.

Have a Super Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Good Morning, (by the skin of my teeth time wise)
    I've been awake since 7a. Have watched church, fed a pesky cat, fixed myself a pot of vegan gravy, roasted a potato, sautéed a box of mushrooms, and steamed an ear of corn....well, that was all delicious, but to late in the morning...so I expect there won't be a lunch till about 3 or 4, or just skip ahead right into dinner!
    I'm going to try to start the lawn mower...so the chant this morning is 'Go Toro Go!!!' :)
    Ed will send you the African Peanut Stew recipe later tonite...
    Roger, it was practically as cold here as Jersey!! But, at least neither of us are being rained upon! I'm so glad I don't really care for Cheese Cake. Now, had that been chocolate or chocolate fudge cake....I'd be hard put to walk past it!

Time to watch the news if its on, or get dressed if not.

Later...
    no baby giraffe......good grief
    Hi Valerie
    Our grass is green and will be starting to grow. Then comes the first start of our Mower. We keep a can of starting fluid on hand. That is how we determined that the Roto-Tiller needed the Carburetor rebuilt. It ran on the starting fluid and would not use the gas from the tank. Good Luck with Yours.

We are heading into a week where their will be a day with a high of 80, not that 80 is near a record. According to the weather forecast I saw before I headed out for my walk the Record high is 87 Degrees for the same date.

Last Nights best song on Hee Haw was this one, In Light of the Palm Sunday Bombings in Egypt...
    The Hee Haw Gospel Quartet (1980 ) Gone Home Southern Country Gospel Music
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZm7Elwt6QA

Best Song last week was Miss Patti Page, The Singing Rage singing on of her hits.

Have a Super Monday, As we head in the Easter Holiday and Passover.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    There is definitely no snooze button on a hungry cat...
    Hi Ed
    I do not doubt that. I applaud the creativity of the person thought that one up however.
    There was an especially evil looking chocolate cake just before the cheesecake ... J resisted that too.
    Either One of those as well a nice Carrot Cake slice would have called me.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    edited April 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Been up for a while but just moving slow this morning.

57 out there now with a sunny high of 79 expected.

Breakfast consumed, Lilo fed, sink cleared. We have a local orchid society meeting tonight at the botanic garden. Getting there will be loads of fun.

A friend sent me a map with markings for the various areas, most of which are labeled things like "Completely f***ed" "Mostly f***ed" or the like. Of course the normal way to the botanic gardens is largely in the "Completely" area...

I'm pretty sure I feel a nap coming on at some point today.

Before going in to the meeting, I have to make the coffee, and pack up the hummus, pita chips, and cookies I'm bringing for snacks.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Got the recipes, Valerie!

Thanks!
  • parityanimal
    Put more things on top of other things!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f-kfRREA8M
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    A little more 'morning' than yesterday anyhow!
    Got off to a pretty good start...laundry going, cat fed, and then the fun began. Cat poops, go to clean the box, cat throws up on white carpet, cat goes outside, cat come inside, etc, etc.
    And so I started on facebook, and my email...moved laundry, and ate a banana.
    This is NOT how I envisioned my morning to start! :)

Later today I need to have my car inspected, and tomorrow I will visit the dreaded DMV and get my about to expire drivers license renewed.
    Lots to do this week. Have NO idea when I will get groceries, etc. But, fairly sure I will get some. :)

I've lost track of cat. I have no idea if he's in or out. Guessing if he's in he'll let me know sooner or later.

Loved several of the cartoons this morning Roger.
    Ed, let me know if you try the African Peanut Stew...that way I'll know if it really is good, or if I'm just that hungry! I hadn't seen a Monty Python in years...enjoyed the clip.

Off to fold what should be the first load of clothes....and then lunch.

no baby giraffe.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited April 2017
    Car inspection done, applied for new tags online, done! Will probably get them Friday I'm guessing. I just know their TAT is excellent.

Tom was sleeping on a dining room chair next to where I was using my laptop. so Cat Found, done!

Things left to do...
    fold last load of laundry
    go outside with loppers and other implements of destruction...hmmmm
    fold laundry - or - go outside!

Outside wins!!! (did I mention its beautiful out today??? :) )

Later...
    no baby G.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

55 out there and headed for a sunny high of 81.

Need to clear the sink.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Quick Good Morning....its test your patience day at the GA DMV.
    I need to get going...decided to wait til after all the school buses ran their routes, as I will be passing several elementary schools, etc on my way! Have all my paperwork, etc in my purse and clothes laid out... cell phone has a full charge, and I'll grab a bottle of water on my way out the door......
    Also have my grocery list for the coming week, just in case I get lucky and can get out of there in 2-3 hours. Arggggg.
    I used to be able to do this online, but in GA once you're over 60 or maybe it was 65, they want to personally see your shining face so they can test your ability to see. Its a good thing I guess, except for the day you actually have to show up and do it. :)

Later....
    no giraffe baby yet. It would be nice if she'd go into labor while I have nothing better to do than sit waiting for my number to be called. Right????
  • RogerToo
    L0Csex.jpg
    Healthy vs Unhealthy

RuF7Ui.gif

N80Gkr.jpg
    Oops and Another Oops

Y38G1a.gif

OfrFgg.jpg

N8dljZ.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8.3K steps + I found a Dollar Bill. The temperature this morning was 59 degrees on the weather forecast vs 55 on the front porch :)
    It is warming up nicely today too. It reached around 80 degrees yesterday and is forecast to be at least as warm today.

I ordered some NS eGift cards yesterday from CostCo while they are on sale. I could not resist the price of $55 for a $100 face value. I should try again as they do have a limit of 10 per customer. I am hoping that the limit applies on a per order basis, if Not I will have to try picking them up at the store and see if that works. I printed them out this morning.

I did see a herd of deer by one of the brooks while walking today.

Have a Super Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    A little more 'morning' than yesterday anyhow!
    Got off to a pretty good start...laundry going, cat fed, and then the fun began. Cat poops, go to clean the box, cat throws up on white carpet, cat goes outside, cat come inside, etc, etc.
    And so I started on facebook, and my email...moved laundry, and ate a banana.
    This is NOT how I envisioned my morning to start! :)

Later today I need to have my car inspected, and tomorrow I will visit the dreaded DMV and get my about to expire drivers license renewed.
    Lots to do this week. Have NO idea when I will get groceries, etc. But, fairly sure I will get some. :)

I've lost track of cat. I have no idea if he's in or out. Guessing if he's in he'll let me know sooner or later.

Loved several of the cartoons this morning Roger.
    Ed, let me know if you try the African Peanut Stew...that way I'll know if it really is good, or if I'm just that hungry! I hadn't seen a Monty Python in years...enjoyed the clip.

Off to fold what should be the first load of clothes....and then lunch.

no baby giraffe.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Here in NJ some people get to renew their drivers license by mail, I mailed my renewal off earlier this month. My first try at that. They say the use the same photo as on the last license :)

Even if You do go to do it in person renewals of the License or registration are not as hard as in the past.

Hopefully You will like the ones I post this morning, Tuesday IOWs.

Surprise, No Baby Giraffe :)
    Car inspection done, applied for new tags online, done! Will probably get them Friday I'm guessing. I just know their TAT is excellent.

Tom was sleeping on a dining room chair next to where I was using my laptop. so Cat Found, done!

Things left to do...
    fold last load of laundry
    go outside with loppers and other implements of destruction...hmmmm
    fold laundry - or - go outside!

Outside wins!!! (did I mention its beautiful out today??? :) )

Later...
    no baby G.

Both yesterday and today are beautiful here too, if a little hot for this time of year. The Normal high is in the 50s not 80 degrees :( I may end up turning on the AC, yesterday the Living room was 81+ and this little bedroom was showing 84+. The Difference as I see it is this has the old original 50s windows vs the Living Room where they were replaced with energy saving windows.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Been up for a while but just moving slow this morning.

57 out there now with a sunny high of 79 expected.

Breakfast consumed, Lilo fed, sink cleared. We have a local orchid society meeting tonight at the botanic garden. Getting there will be loads of fun.

A friend sent me a map with markings for the various areas, most of which are labeled things like "Completely f***ed" "Mostly f***ed" or the like. Of course the normal way to the botanic gardens is largely in the "Completely" area...

I'm pretty sure I feel a nap coming on at some point today.

Before going in to the meeting, I have to make the coffee, and pack up the hummus, pita chips, and cookies I'm bringing for snacks.
    Hi Ed
    Is there any estimate as to when the Interstate will be repaired?

Thank You for the Links
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2017
    The interstate is scheduled to be repaired by June 15. Not too terrible.

Valerie, here's a "tomorrow's news today" headline predicted for next month:

BABY GIRAFFE GIVES BIRTH TO ITS OWN MOTHER! FILM AT ELEVEN!

• parityanimal
    How many people, I wonder, remember this car?

http://www.weirduniverse.net/blog/comments/the_singer_gazelle
  • GardenKatGardens
    WOOZA!
    I am home 2 hours after I left for the DMV...and I stopped at Kroger and picked up my coming weeks groceries. !!!!!
    Only hitch was they wouldn't except as valid my certificate of marriage (hence name change), and I knew my shoulders dropped at least 6 inches...the DMV officer asked if I had my car registration, and I said yes, but its out in my car...so she said just leave all your papers here, and go get it. So, I surely did do that and then she took the worst yet photo for my drivers license!!! BUT, I've got it. I paid for an 8 year renewal, which at my age was the only option. So, if I still have my mind, and driving skills, I will get to do this again when I'm 82!!! LOL!!!
    Also, this of course is my paper temp. card, but I noticed that it does not have that 'star' in the upper right corner indicating I'm a verified citizen??? Guess that gives me 8 years to come up with my divorce papers from TN and I won't have to worry about not having a marriage license.

I saw the car that you posted Ed....have never seen one. But, considering I grew up in mid Missouri in small town of less than 500 peeps, I'm not surprised. It was 'Chevy and Ford' land. Some area's you could find Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler's but not in my area. That was an early 1960's Plymouth I think. I know it had push button gear, and starter....

Oh, Roger, we can do Drivers License's by mail if you are issued a license with that afore mentioned star, AND if you're less than 65 years old...otherwise they want to see you so the can take another crappy pix of you!!! LOL!!!

Don't know about your prediction note Ed, I now think April the Giraffe is going to deliver that baby on Friday...my birthday! :) Well, it could................ LOL!!

Ok, I need to go wash a huge bunch of collard's. I need them to make Moroccan Chickpea Stew and also English Muffin Pizzas? I understand about the stew, but collards on pizza's the size of English Muffins....they gotta be kidding! Ed, need some collards? I can't meet you until next week but hate to see these go to waste......let me know. We can also have coffee. Haven't had a chance to meet a tall good lookin' stranger behind Trader Joe's in a long while!!!! :)

Later......
    baby giraffe-less, still.

• RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    The interstate is scheduled to be repaired by June 15. Not too terrible.

Valerie, here's a "tomorrow's news today" headline predicted for next month:

BABY GIRAFFE GIVES BIRTH TO ITS OWN MOTHER! FILM AT ELEVEN!
    Hi Ed
    Thanks for the feedback, I wonder if rushing it raises the cost?
    The reason I ask is no way to get competitive bids IMO.

Interesting News about the Giraffe :)
    How many people, I wonder, remember this car?

http://www.weirduniverse.net/blog/comments/the_singer_gazelle

If I said the the oldest I remember driving would be an early 50s Studebaker.

I also remember cars where You Pushed The Clutch down to start, Am I remembering wrong?

I also liked and would still prefer to have the High Beam switch on the left side of the floor.

Missing Vent Windows, Sun visors too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger