Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    I'm not sure if Apple has a set day for doing updates. My mac just usually pops up now and then with a message that updates have been downloaded and are ready to install, and would I like to do it now or be reminded later?

So I usually wrap up everything I'm in the middle of and click NOW.

• parityanimal
    Here's a happy Easter from Simon and his cat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNOl71hB1es
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Thursday Morning!
    Sunny and nice moving right along into afternoon 80's! Can't beat that!

I'm going to batch today... and then I have to be up for going to gymnastics tonite. And there's a live video I want to watch...(guess you can't actually have a live video?) I dunno!!
    Kitchen is ready for batching, just have to get my mind set in order...

No little giraffe...I just checked. Tomorrow April, tomorrow! :)

Something going on with DS1's route home, (nowhere Near the fallen bridge) and we were talking about how fast they think they'll be done with the fallen bridge...Jack tells me there is a place on his trip home that now bottlenecks and its added an additional 10-15 minutes to his commute. They say it will be thus so for about another 5-6 months.....then he said its the same company that is fixing the I-85 fallen bridge... I wonder if the 5-6 month delay will be accurate...85 peeps are working 24/7 to get that interstate up and running again. Or maybe I should wonder how BIG that company is, and do they have the manpower to do both projects? and headache thought....I hope they're not the same folks doing the construction on I-75. That project is nearly 20 years in the making....traffic is ALWAYS backed up for a couple miles...

Ok, off to the kitchen goes this witch.....
    (remember kitchen witches?)

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Yeah Ed...my Mac is set to auto update...not so with my iOS toys. They have to tell me..and sometimes its days between the phone update notice and the iPad!!!
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2017
    Well I'm on my third cup of tea now and haven't exactly been bored...

Eduardo got energetic and made the guacamole that will be part of our lunch, when J finishes his 3 hour meeting at 1:00. Scrambled eggs with guacamole, salsa and maybe cheese, and perhaps some hash brown patties.

Eddie the gardener has watered the crepe myrtle cuttings and lemon seedlings, the grapefruit shrub outside the kitchen (J's mother gave us that - she started it from seed), and has a small fiber pot with fresh potting soil soaking in a small Mascarpone tub in the kitchen, for planting of another sprouted seed from a Meyer lemon. There are two ugli seeds in a damp paper towel and baggie in one of the kitchen cabinets with hope that they will sprout.

Mind you, we don't necessarily expect ANY of these plants to produce fruit, and we know that even if they do there's no telling WHAT they'll produce. All we can reasonably expect, if they grow at all, is a decorative house plant. Any fruit that may result will just be extra and we'll certainly taste it to see if we've come up with anything amazing.

• parityanimal
    I just GrubHubbed our dinner for tonight. Indian from one of our favorite nearby restaurants will be delivered soon.

We just spent 2 1/2 hours at the vet with Ariel.

She has a "mass" that could be a number of things, but we want an ultrasound next week to get a better look at it than the x-ray gave.

I think regardless, surgery is probably inevitable.

Good news is that all her blood values (except white count) were really good!

We'll know more next week.

She also had one anal gland that they expressed, even though it wasn't totally impacted, and felt around a lot and weighed her.

She has been eating only minimal amounts for a couple of weeks, but when we got home from the vet she ate more (in one meal) than I've seen her eat in a couple of weeks, so that's good too!

They gave her an antibiotic shot because of the white cell count.

She actually got off Jason's shoulders and was resting in a towel at the vet. She was worn out!

Tired%20Ariel_zpspkrqllqs.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 59 out there now with a high of 84 expected and 20% chance of rain.

Need to clear a few dishes from the sink. Definitely a nap in order for today. Lilo is getting me up just a few minutes earlier each day. Must break her of this habit...

Well, I heard the toaster oven ding so my breakfast is ready.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    4xj9De.gif

FaO81R.gif

KPxwJ0.jpg

9iXAIe.gif

bNJT2z.jpg
    It's the Law, Obey traffic signs :)
    4sxGXM.gif
    OOPS
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 4900 steps. The temperature this morning was 48 degrees on the weather forecast vs 45 on the front porch :)
    I did not go as far as usual as I was and am feeling somewhat poorly. A scratchy Throat etc.

I was down .75 pounds this morning and as my weight bounces around I expect to be up again tomorrow, The Saga continues :)

It is warming up nicely today too. And is forecast to be in the 60s today and tomorrow, 80 on Easter Sunday.
    As I was creating this I realized I had put a inadvertent truth when I said 80 on Eater Sunday :)

Have a wonderful Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I'm not sure if Apple has a set day for doing updates. My mac just usually pops up now and then with a message that updates have been downloaded and are ready to install, and would I like to do it now or be reminded later?

So I usually wrap up everything I'm in the middle of and click NOW.
    Hi Ed
    When I am finished for the day and hit the Start button in windows if there are updates downloaded I get a prompt that I can Shut Down, Shut Down and Install the Updates and Hibernate as well as Sleep, Log off, Lock or Switch User. I am set to download automatically :)

Since this desktop is a All-In-One where the Motherboard and much of it is a hybrid of laptop and desktop I can Hibernate vs the full desktop that I can not do that with.

I saw that on the news yesterday, weird that he explained he learned to drive using YouTube videos according to the news broadcast I saw. TBH he could not do worse than some of the drivers I see in the news. such as the one in Texas driving the wrong way on the highway. Here in NJ I saw more than one car on different days coming down the on ramp leading to I-287.
    This One, the video can be seen by following the link.
    WATCH: Police searching for wrong way driver in Texas
    http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/police-searching-wrong-driver-texas-46789824
    28U9tY.jpg

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Thursday Morning!
    Sunny and nice moving right along into afternoon 80's! Can't beat that!

I'm going to batch today... and then I have to be up for going to gymnastics tonite. And there's a live video I want to watch...(guess you can't actually have a live video?) I dunno!!
    Kitchen is ready for batching, just have to get my mind set in order...

No little giraffe...I just checked. Tomorrow April, tomorrow! :)

Something going on with DS1's route home, (nowhere Near the fallen bridge) and we were talking about how fast they think they'll be done with the fallen bridge...Jack tells me there is a place on his trip home that now bottlenecks and its added an additional 10-15 minutes to his commute. They say it will be thus so for about another 5-6 months.....then he said its the same company that is fixing the I-85 fallen bridge... I wonder if the 5-6 month delay will be accurate...85 peeps are working 24/7 to get that interstate up and running again. Or maybe I should wonder how BIG that company is, and do they have the manpower to do both projects? and headache thought....I hope they're not the same folks doing the construction on I-75. That project is nearly 20 years in the making....traffic is ALWAYS backed up for a couple miles...

Ok, off to the kitchen goes this witch.....
    (remember kitchen witches?)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Hmm... Is that the Yellow or the Pink Peeps working on the repair, either way a timely repair crew heading into Easter Sunday :)
    Yeah Ed...my Mac is set to auto update...not so with my iOS toys. They have to tell me..and sometimes its days between the phone update notice and the iPad!!!
    That is not a surprise to me, they may all be IOS devices, not necessarily the same software however.

I hope the Gymnastics was good.
    Have a Nice Good Friday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning, Good Friday, and Happy 74th to me!
    Pushed for time...wanted to say hello.
    I'm expecting that Giraffe, April, to have that calf today! Would make my day special.

Ed, I so hope that the Ultra Sound will show something positive for Ariel. I so hate it when babies and animals are sick. They just can't tell us what hurts, etc. Hoping for the very best outcome for Ariel. (encouraging to know she ate a good meal yesterday)

I zoomed thru the photo's etc..will come back later today and do a better 'read'. I did see the cat climb the wall...must have been after something? In Hawaii gecko's cohabitate in houses as good luck 'charms'....we stayed with my roommate's sister and husband...they had two, one upstairs in the bathroom, and the one downstairs with half a tail...don't even ask the cat!!! LOL!

Ok..gotta run. My day/weekend is going to be busy.
    Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2017
    Ultrasound showed Ariel's mass to be about 4 cm x 4 cm, attached to the lower colon, with a small, slightly enlarged lymph node nearby. Most likely a lymphoma or possibly carcinoma.

We will know more, hopefully, after the needle (aspiration) biopsy has been assessed. The radiologist gave us the slides with the biopsy material and prints of his ultrasound pictures to give to our vet.

She'll have them assessed and then we can discuss treatment options.
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ed, thanks for the update on Ariel. Holding out hope for her.
    Loved Kermit singing my song for the day!
    That darn giraffe only has 3.5 hours to get that baby here today, and I have no reason to believe it sill happen, so shortly I will be going to bed!!!

Roger I'm guessing the 'peeps' working on the bridge are pink, as I have the yellow ones in a bedroom drawer...Tomorrow I will break the cellophane wrapping, so they can get just a tad 'stale'... :) Stale peeps are as good as chocolate bunny ears! :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    XxIB95.gif

sdu5Vk.gif
    [hum]they see me rollin --- they be hatin

OvWlHX.gif
    Approved for Easter Baskets and Halloween by kids

3bExff.gif
    Oops

FIY52O.gif
    Serves him right :)

LhDvFC.gif
    Ouch

N2Bk4Z.gif
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 4200 steps. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees on the weather forecast vs 41 on the front porch :)
    It is a nice enough day outside for walking, Not too cold and minimal breeze :)
    I did not go as far as usual as I was and am still feeling somewhat ill. A scratchy Throat etc.

It is warming up nicely today too. And is forecast to be in the 60s today and tomorrow, 80s on Easter Sunday.

BTW have You ever seen the video of passenger planes landing on one of the islands?
    St Maarten Crazy Takeoff Landing 747 A340 etc. (Full HD 1080p !)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS8y89DHMTs
    and
    VERY low approach St Maarten! Real footage of a risky landing
    Clearing the gate with no more than two meters, this is certainly one of the lowest landings ever. Enjoy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc7nUk9jVQE
    Crazy takeoffs and landings at St Maarten. Filmed in Full HD !
    Verrückte Starts und Landungen auf St Maarten
    Gek starts en landingen op Sint Maarten

Have a wonderful Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Good Morning, Good Friday, and Happy 74th to me!
    Pushed for time...wanted to say hello.
    I'm expecting that Giraffe, April, to have that calf today! Would make my day special.

Ed, I so hope that the Ultra Sound will show something positive for Ariel. I so hate it when babies and animals are sick. They just can't tell us what hurts, etc. Hoping for the very best outcome for Ariel. (encouraging to know she ate a good meal yesterday)

I zoomed thru the photo's etc..will come back later today and do a better 'read'. I did see the cat climb the wall...must have been after something? In Hawaii gecko's cohabitate in houses as good luck 'charms'....we stayed with my roommate's sister and husband...they had two, one upstairs in the bathroom, and the one downstairs with half a tail...don't even ask the cat!!! LOL!

Ok..gotta run. My day/weekend is going to be busy.
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    I knew it was Your Birthday Friday and forgot to say anything :(
    So here it is, a late posting wishing You a Happy Birthday
    ffh.gif
    89ot.gif
    Ed, thanks for the update on Ariel. Holding out hope for her.
    Loved Kermit singing my song for the day!
    That darn giraffe only has 3.5 hours to get that baby here today, and I have no reason to believe it sill happen, so shortly I will be going to bed!!!

Roger I'm guessing the 'peeps' working on the bridge are pink, as I have the yellow ones in a bedroom drawer...Tomorrow I will break the cellophane wrapping, so they can get just a tad 'stale'... :) Stale peeps are as good as chocolate bunny ears! :)

Later...

I always liked my peeps that way too. Traditional Yellow for me :)

Have a Nice Saturday
    Roger