Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hey!
    Before I forget...Senoia Ga, south of Peachtree CITY, not to be confused with all the other Peachtree's in GA...but, no not close to either Ed or myself... This is not the first time somebody has stollen dirt in GA. I think it was in our county that happened... No doubt the person who owned the land did not LIVE on that land....Its pretty rural down there. :)

I had not seen nor heard about inducing the Giraffe...there are a zillion rumors flying out there, like its all a hoax, April's not Pregnant, she had the baby, etc. American Adventure Park.com is the 'official website'... like I say, rumors abound. I checked before I came to our posts, and there still wasn't a baby. They had sleet, snow, and very cold in NY State last night and their internet failed...you could read all kinds of garbage about that too!! LOL!!!

Got a really short and sassy hair cut today, should be a breeze to take care of this summer.

I saw the guy they've charged with starting the fire on the evening news...he's not new to the cops or the criminal justice department. Damn shame. Chair and a shopping cart...well, some institution state likely will be taking care of him for a long long time.

I had to problems getting into Midtown from Decatur...except some slow traffic and congestion on Ponce along Olmsted Park. Some big "Ponce Arts Festival" as well as a fund raiser for the Boy Scouts...but not bad really. The park, Roger is very long, but shallow in a beautiful old part of Atlanta...big homes, huge churches, etc.. You can Google it, and read about Olmsted and his creations.

Went with Ted to Mediteranian Grill. Ate a couple falafels, and a small size Tabouli Salad. Going to wander into the kitchen and make a batch of hummus, and then just chill for the rest of the evening. Will probably be an early bedtime for this Bonzo!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,213 Member
    Here's one article talking about the chair. Doesn't specify what kind of chair but if they were sort of living on that state owned land under there, probably some kind of stuffed armchair.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/35036795/major-fire-breaks-out-on-i-85-in-atlanta
  • parityanimal
    Getting close to bedtime for this Bonzo too. I suspect we may be the last generation to use that term!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    zamFlX.jpg

h8nZnl.jpg

2cpf4m.jpg

bIjv83.jpg
    Dogs - Having a Ruff Day

O52BhG.jpg

7X6EeU.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8.5K steps + 2 cents. The temperature this morning was 40 degrees on the weather forecast and 41 on the front porch, There was a mild wind blowing and overall it was not too bad outside :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    That's not near me but I can't imagine how anyone managed to steal that much dirt without the owner's knowledge...unless they have a VERY large property.
    Hi Ed
    I was guessing that they did not live on the land and that it had to be a large plot of land not to leave a hude hole in the ground.
    Here's one article talking about the chair. Doesn't specify what kind of chair but if they were sort of living on that state owned land under there, probably some kind of stuffed armchair.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/35036795/major-fire-breaks-out-on-i-85-in-atlanta

I saw this on a link on that page. Chick-fil-A to offer free breakfast to carpoolers in Atlanta
    I was thinking that is nice of them.
    Chick-fil-A announced that they're offering free breakfast for carpoolers in Atlanta from April 3-14.

and then there was this one in a similar vein on yesterdays news from New York City.
    https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20170330/astoria/free-dry-cleaning-unemployed-interview-outfit-nicoles-cleaners-2852-34th-street

Jaime Jinete, owner of Nicole's Cleaners in Astoria.

ASTORIA — A dry cleaner in the neighborhood is offering to clean interview outfits, free of charge, for unemployed job seekers who need it.

Jaime Jinete, the owner of Nicole's Cleaners on 34th Street just off 30th Avenue, said he started the deal earlier this year as a way to give back to the community — or, as he puts it, "just to give people hope."

"Sometimes someone probably has to make a decision whether you clean your suit or you get a MetroCard to go to that interview," the 41-year-old business owner said. "I can't get you a MetroCard, but I can help with the suit or an outfit."

More details on that page including a picture.
    Getting close to bedtime for this Bonzo too. I suspect we may be the last generation to use that term!

I think You could be right about that.

Thanks for the link to more info
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hey!
    Before I forget...Senoia Ga, south of Peachtree CITY, not to be confused with all the other Peachtree's in GA...but, no not close to either Ed or myself... This is not the first time somebody has stollen dirt in GA. I think it was in our county that happened... No doubt the person who owned the land did not LIVE on that land....Its pretty rural down there. :)

I had not seen nor heard about inducing the Giraffe...there are a zillion rumors flying out there, like its all a hoax, April's not Pregnant, she had the baby, etc. American Adventure Park.com is the 'official website'... like I say, rumors abound. I checked before I came to our posts, and there still wasn't a baby. They had sleet, snow, and very cold in NY State last night and their internet failed...you could read all kinds of garbage about that too!! LOL!!!

Got a really short and sassy hair cut today, should be a breeze to take care of this summer.

I saw the guy they've charged with starting the fire on the evening news...he's not new to the cops or the criminal justice department. Damn shame. Chair and a shopping cart...well, some institution state likely will be taking care of him for a long long time.

I had to problems getting into Midtown from Decatur...except some slow traffic and congestion on Ponce along Olmsted Park. Some big "Ponce Arts Festival" as well as a fund raiser for the Boy Scouts...but not bad really. The park, Roger is very long, but shallow in a beautiful old part of Atlanta...big homes, huge churches, etc.. You can Google it, and read about Olmsted and his creations.

Went with Ted to Mediteranian Grill. Ate a couple falafels, and a small size Tabouli Salad. Going to wander into the kitchen and make a batch of hummus, and then just chill for the rest of the evening. Will probably be an early bedtime for this Bonzo!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    In New York they are having problems with vermin dumping contaminated soil on public and private land, sometimes next to a park where children play :(

I often see on the news where the perpetrator has had multiple arrests thanks to the revolving door justice system in NY. Latest I recall seeing on the news was a hit and run that killed the person. When they caught the perpetrator he had multiple arrests for DWI (DUI) and was being charged for that again after refusing to take a breathalyzer test.

I did see the induce thing on the local NYC news, Not that they have not used info off of the Internet in the past that turned out to be erroneous.

It sounds like Your commute was OK and that You had an enjoyable time, Weekend traffic?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

55 out there now with a sunny high of 79 expected today.

J helped his mother with her taxes last night, after dining at Dagwood's, a fun pizza and more place. We didn't know it but on Fridays they have Trivia and we, while not playing, were sitting right in front of the Trivia caller.

We had fun quietly discussing the questions and trying to make sure the players, who weren't sitting very close, didn't hear our discussion.

Already fed Lilo and me. I had my leftover manicotti from last night. Need to eventually get the garbage and recycles to the curb.
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Thank goodness I don't have to worry about this! I'd never have eaten these anyway.

http://www.livescience.com/58132-oreo-peeps-pink-poop.html
  • parityanimal
    We stopped at Popcorn Palooza last night prior to dining out. I got my movie night snacks for two or three nights!

20170402_112733_zpsfvkhdxbc.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    Few things 'going' around here this morning...need it 'done' so I can go outside and play today!! Mid 70's to nearly 80 sounds about right to me!

Not sure I'd have tried the pink Oreo's either. Double Stuff's was my cookie of choice...ummm!

Lunch today is going to be marinaded roasted carrots, a pita stuffed with my hummus, some of the batched sun dried tomato 'cheese', rice, cucumber, parsley, etc. I'm either hungrier than I realize, or this is going to be pretty good :)

Roger, glad you had a 'temperate' morning walk! Spring shouldn't be too far away from your neighborhood! Are you seeing things like daffodils or tulips yet? I sure hope so, makes walks so much fun to see plants bud and then spring open!
    Loved all of the cartoons, the one about the polar bears looking up 'ice berg' schedules could easily translate to the business commuters here in ATL. Only it will be rail and bus schedules. Yesterday at Marietta's her husband said that he bought several preloaded Breeze Cards (cards needed to access the loading platform for our train system), and that he's going to ride rather than do the 'traffic mess' that the downed Interstate highways has created. I expect there will be a lot of folks doing just that!

Lunch critique...
    My assembled pita sandwiches are really tasty! The dried tomato cashew cheese is on one side of the split pita, and the hummus I made last night is on the other side, tucked in the middle are roasted poblano pepper, a few of the Roasted Marinated Carrot sticks, chopped parsley, and a tablespoon or so of the quinoa, all drizzled with the Ranch dressing I made.....I think I may need to assemble another one. Delicious, and I was really hungry...oh, add some rounds of thinly sliced cucumber in those pita halves!

Giraffe watch...the snow and Ice have finally melted from the outside area of the giraffe yard, and I just saw them open Olivers door to the outside, and out he went!! April's door to the 'world' will hopefully be opened as soon as Oliver comes back inside.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    5 British foods Americans don't understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNqg2toeKlo
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 65 out there now, and supposed to get to only 70 today with 100% chance of rain.

I kind of need to get to the store for a few things but might wait, depending on the weather.

Need to empty the dishwasher and then clear the sink.
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7K steps. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees on the weather broadcast at 5:50AM and 38 on the front porch, There was no wind blowing and overall it was not bad outside :)

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

55 out there now with a sunny high of 79 expected today.

J helped his mother with her taxes last night, after dining at Dagwood's, a fun pizza and more place. We didn't know it but on Fridays they have Trivia and we, while not playing, were sitting right in front of the Trivia caller.

We had fun quietly discussing the questions and trying to make sure the players, who weren't sitting very close, didn't hear our discussion.

Already fed Lilo and me. I had my leftover manicotti from last night. Need to eventually get the garbage and recycles to the curb.
    Hi Ed
    Luckily I already have my refund back and deposited :)
    I used against a credit card bill that I am working on reducing the balance of, just in case the interest rates go too high.

Your mention of of Garb age and recycles made me think. Our recycle in the county is every two weeks and during the winter garbage is once a week going to twice a week during the summer heat.
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 65 out there now, and supposed to get to only 70 today with 100% chance of rain.

I kind of need to get to the store for a few things but might wait, depending on the weather.

Need to empty the dishwasher and then clear the sink.
    Your temps are better than ours. The Waterways are still running high from the previous soaker and more rain moves in tonight into tomorrow with a prediction of ponding on the roads and localized flooding in the low lying areas.

I was planning on going to the Acme tomorrow when My Brother is out for cases of spring water Through Thursday they have cases of 24 1/2 liter on sale at a good price for this area of 4 for $8.88 or $2.22 each and since it can sit without spoiling why not take advantage of it.

Have a Nice Day and stay dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Few things 'going' around here this morning...need it 'done' so I can go outside and play today!! Mid 70's to nearly 80 sounds about right to me!

Not sure I'd have tried the pink Oreo's either. Double Stuff's was my cookie of choice...ummm!
    Hi Valerie
    Every Easter my Brother buys a box of the yellow Peeps.

Yesterday while he was at the ShopRite he ran into Girl Scouts and bought 2 boxes each of 2 types of their cookies. They are something he can not resist.
    Lunch today is going to be marinaded roasted carrots, a pita stuffed with my hummus, some of the batched sun dried tomato 'cheese', rice, cucumber, parsley, etc. I'm either hungrier than I realize, or this is going to be pretty good :)

Roger, glad you had a 'temperate' morning walk! Spring shouldn't be too far away from your neighborhood! Are you seeing things like daffodils or tulips yet? I sure hope so, makes walks so much fun to see plants bud and then spring open!
    Loved all of the cartoons, the one about the polar bears looking up 'ice berg' schedules could easily translate to the business commuters here in ATL. Only it will be rail and bus schedules. Yesterday at Marietta's her husband said that he bought several preloaded Breeze Cards (cards needed to access the loading platform for our train system), and that he's going to ride rather than do the 'traffic mess' that the downed Interstate highways has created. I expect there will be a lot of folks doing just that!
    I am indeed seeing spring flowers while walking and in my yard too. yesterday I noticed that we had Grape Hyacinths and Hyacinths in bloom as well as Miniature Daffodils. I never had any luck with Tulips the second year they did not do good.

I'm glad You liked the cartoons :)

I had a feeling that traffic would be terrible, I gather in the best of times rush hour is not that good.
    Lunch critique...
    My assembled pita sandwiches are really tasty! The dried tomato cashew cheese is on one side of the split pita, and the hummus I made last night is on the other side, tucked in the middle are roasted poblano pepper, a few of the Roasted Marinated Carrot sticks, chopped parsley, and a tablespoon or so of the quinoa, all drizzled with the Ranch dressing I made.....I think I may need to assemble another one. Delicious, and I was really hungry...oh, add some rounds of thinly sliced cucumber in those pita halves!

Giraffe watch...the snow and Ice have finally melted from the outside area of the giraffe yard, and I just saw them open Olivers door to the outside, and out he went!! April's door to the 'world' will hopefully be opened as soon as Oliver comes back inside.

Later...

Oh, Oh, Now that You mention it I am getting a craving for Lightly salted white Rice with Butter melting into it. And I even have a Rice Cooker that does a good job :(

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Very interesting bread making video. Buckwheat flour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYTuNXq1eBk&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited April 2017
    Good Morning! Rainy days and Monday's...etc.
    Severe Thunderstorm Warnings until 5 pm today...not at all sure WHEN I'd go out to the grocery if I was Ed! LOL!
    I have everything I need, so going out to the gym is my only fleeting thought. I can do everything here, so why get wet?
    Ed, the bread making is a great video. Had a bit of trouble understanding everything, Brits talk funny!! LOL! BUT, makes me want to dash right to the kitchen and make a loaf. It was the kneading that got me...I love kneading bread. Crazy right? Also his loaf, with the weighted thingy and the cuts...reminds me of a Sand Dollar. AND it is Buckwheat...there is no 'wheat' in Buckwheat, and it is a flour that I can use. May have to get some, if I can find it...most likely I'll find it on Amazon or if really lucky Bob's Red Mill will have it.
    I really should NOT watch food vid's until after I've eaten, and I think that is next on my list to do!
    Roger, glad to know you have spring flowers. They always make me happy, which is why I have so many daffodils planted in my yard. The late ones are just blooming, along with those late never seen before tulips. The tulips are a real mystery to me. The reason we don't do long term tulip plantings supposedly is because we don't have cold winters, so they don't rebloom well...(explain that to Roger in NJ!!! lol?), Yet, I have some fancy frilly ones that I bought long ago, as they were part of some health campaign, and they're the ones that have me scratching my head...this year pink frilly turned to beautiful purple regular looking tulips???? How'd THAT happen? And then I had a 'bumper crop' of pink-reds in the front bed..(we're talking 6-8 blooms), and now the late blooming 2 red ones that I've never seen bloom.
    Take into consideration, that we did not have Winter this year. So there were no 'cooling hours', yet I have tulips. ????? Maybe sometimes Hort. majors make this stuff up??? :)

Heading toward the kitchen...gonna have a quick piece of toast and my morning banana, and try the shredding disc of my new, on sale, cheap, etc. Food Processor. My old one, many, many years old (more than 20), did not have the attachments...so this could be fun. THEN, I'm going to mash up some potatoes, and have a lunch of Colcannon. :) (not quite over being Irish yet)

Later...
    Oh, no baby giraffe yet. Though they had pix of several other babies, and a little joey stuck his head out of mom's pouch first time..that was cute. I think she's a Wallaby. Not a big gray kangaroo. Pygmy goats, etc. Spring is in the air! Oh and my brother posted pix of his surprise late lamb! Little cutie. Oh, and for another dose of cuteness, google Hotot rabbits. Kat who's in Mass. with her 3 girls, just bought one for her oldest...these have to be the cutest tiny rabbits ever...BIG, no HUGE black eyes on a snow white bunny, weighing in at 2-3 pounds. (Ed will remember Kat from our NS thread with Howard)