Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hey
    First went to 'donate' 2 GI Joe tubes of blood, and 2 purple tops...Nice of me, right! LOL! I don't know why they wanted that either as my appointment was a follow up blood pressure visit???
    Then went to Costco to put gas in my car...on to Kroger for the ears of corn I intend to eat tonite with dinner (impulse buy was a pineapple which I will turn several times a day until it looks and smells ripe..then it will go on the grill!) ...and back to Costco (it wasn't open yet when I got the gas.) They (Costco) did not have the Turmeric from youtheroy that I wanted...home and ordered my Turmeric from Amazon, cooked my Quinoa and kidney beans, chopped my veggies for my salad...
    Watched all of the video's that were posted this morning. :)
    Hi Valerie
    The nearest CostCo does not sell gasoline here, I would have to drive further for one that does.

The Turmeric, It seems You did not wait until the last second to go for it.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Amazon-Fire-Fulfillment-Center-Carteret-New-Jersey-Evacuation-Prime-Day-434303643.html
    (Published Thursday, July 13, 2017)
    Fire Breaks Out at Amazon's Largest Fulfillment Center in New Jersey, Prompting Evacuation
    No one was hurt in the fire, which came two days after Prime Day, which Amazon says was its biggest shopping event in history
    A fire broke out in Amazon's largest New Jersey fulfillment center -- a 1-million-square-foot facility with more than 2,000 employees in Carteret -- on Thursday, prompting a precautionary evacuation, the company said.

A spokesperson said the building was evacuated out of an abundance of caution and no injuries were reported.
    Ed, I really don't know if the Veg cheese would be good for making Welsh Rarebit. Which he called Welsh RABBIT... You'll have to try making it and see if it works. I first remember making Welsh Rarebit in high school class, and was corrected on how to say it!!!! Tastes good no matter what you call it.!

Steven Wright...I hadn't thought of him in years...his stuff was hilarious...funny to read, and funnier with his delivery! I also think since you have a ready supply Roger you paint your menu on your car (no not really) and sell fricassee of Squirrel, and anything else that eats berries...like turtles, as well as the rabbits...possibly even rats, though I think that rat stew would be a hard sell!! LOL!

Ok, while I'm about getting stuff done...I think I'll drive over to Honda and let them change the oil..it dropped to 40% oil life 2 days ago...I still think its wrong, but I'm all for cleaning my plate today of all the odd chores...

Later...
    Well, Squirrels, Rats and Rabbits are all rodents :)
    They sell frozen Rabbit in the supermarkets locally.

This is the brand that they seem to sell. :(
    http://www.pel-freez.com/

Interesting that Your car has a oil life indicator...
    With the Pontiac I changed it when the Oil needed a quart to be added or by time. With the Buick I have been doing so little driving, I am changing it annually :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Ed
    Interesting links to videos, that You
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,169 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 73 out there now with an expected high of 92 and 40% chance of rain.

We are going cabin camping this weekend with a good chunk of our pool party group. Lilo will be lonely, and I may come home sometime Saturday to check on her, but it would be awkward, as it's a 2 hour or so drive and we have group activities that we are part organizers/preparers for, such as Friday night dinner at the campground (Papa John's pickup of pizza, 7:00 to whenever the pizza runs out, as people will be arriving at different times), Saturday morning breakfast (9:00 to 10:00), Saturday sandwich lunch (1:00 - 2:00), and Saturday night dinner (Restaurant in the little town - Yay! 7:00 to whenever), and Sunday morning breakfast (8:00 - 9:00) which will be mostly continental, but also with whatever leftovers there might be from prior meals.

We will be sure to leave plenty of food and water for Lilo and the sugar gliders.

We have 5 dozen eggs, 2 dozen peeled, boiled eggs, 4 pounds of pre-cooked bacon, two giant loaves of light bread in the kitchen, two large loaves of heavy multi-grain bread, sliced meats for sandwiches, individually packaged small packs of assorted cookies (decided they'd keep fresher than a big tray of "fancy" bakery cookies), a tub of mini-cinnamon rolls, a tray of assorted Danish sweet rolls, milk, coffee (regular and decaf), half and half (regular and fat free), non-dairy creamer, stevia sweetener, sucralose sweetener, sugar packets, mixed berry preserves, butter (for cooking eggs and putting on toast) bananas, apples, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, ripple chips, plain chips, barbecue chips, tortilla chips, salsa, and several cases of soft drinks. We went out yesterday to buy food at Costco and then filled in some at Kroger.

We did this last year and it was a lot of fun, but we were not involved in the food planning, purchasing, or preparation. I don't know if they got pre-cooked bacon last year or not, but I'm sure as KITTEN not cooking or assisting with bacon for 15 to 30 people and cleaning up all that grease so that is what we're having this year. I did that large bacon task once in college for a BLT lunch and that is a LOT of rendered bacon grease that results.

Lunch Saturday is changed from from last year's grilled burgers and hot dogs to do-it-yourself sandwiches as that is easier too. We got roast beef, ham, and turkey at Costco - nice stuff, not the overly processed cheap gorp, and then picked up some turkey bologna at Kroger. Costco also had some lovely packs of pre-sliced cheese that had 4 different kinds of cheese in each pack so we grabbed a couple of those. One of the other members has some leftover mayo and mustard packets from a house party a while back and is bringing those. If it doesn't look like enough then one of us may run into the little town to get a bit more of that.

While there I picked up a two-pack of the Promise gluten free bread as the grain mix sounded interesting and I had a slice as toast last night after dinner. Pretty tasty! The texture of the un-toasted bread felt, to my hands, a bit dry and not as soft as light bread but then who would expect it to be? It's a great tasting whole grain bread and much lighter than one might expect for gluten free.

• parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    How Bad is Crime in Chicago? Police Search for 6-Year-Old Armed Robbery Suspect
    Posted at 2:25 pm on July 12, 2017 by Jenn Jacques
    If you thought Chicago’s gun problem couldn’t possibly get any more insane, you’re not going to believe this story.

On Saturday, July 8, 2017, Chicago Police issued an incredulous community alert from detectives warning Near South Side residents of an unlikely robbery crew of suspects that includes “a 6- to 8-year-old boy” armed with a silver handgun.
    The suspects committed at least 11 armed robberies in June in which they traveled in groups of 3-9 armed robbers and approached victims; either demanding valuables or taking property by force before fleeing the scene.

Elvis knew Chicago was bad way back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ox1Tore9nw
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good morning!
    I started this morning at 7:30...and have very little to show for it...fed Tom E. Emptied the dishwasher that I ran yesterday, and also the dish drainer of the hand washable...
    Watched an hour long video with John Mackey...Interesting how Whole Foods came to be. AND he didn't actually talk about the merger with Amazon, but towards the end he addressed Whole Foods/Whole Paycheck.... he says the merger with Amazon will significantly reduce the prices at Whole Foods. I'm all for that...not that I ever spend that much there...(they conveniently located Produce, (veg and fruit) just inside the door, to the right. And the bulk section is right there after the produce...which pretty much is the whole sum of my shopping, except for the hot bar.

Yesterday I called Dr Frank, my podiatrist, and I will be seeing him Monday. My foot got to be just totally unmanageable. So I'm 'caving' to the pain, and getting more x-rays and cortisone shots in the ankle. Not happy, but I can't operate in a normal way with the ankle the way it is. He's taking another x-ray looking specifically for stress fractures. UGH!

And after lunch I plan to go to Honda and get that oil changed, tires rotated, etc. I will hopefully get to grill my corn and veg's today. Got rained out yesterday.....I haven't looked yet to see how much rain...I don't think over quarter of an inch...but the thunder went on for over an hour.

Ed, sounds like you have a grocery in your kitchen! Have a great time on your camping weekend. Going to the NC mountains, or staying in GA? I think I could enjoy camping with cabins...I'm just not a 'tent' camper!

LOL! Just got notification of a new email from Echo Dot. Will read about new 'tricks' Alexa can do...I do know I was watching a program yesterday on my computer, and something other than her name would strike a chord with Alexa and once she told me the days news...and another time I got a weather report!!!! Just cracked me up. Glad that's all she reported...and didn't alert my sons that I needed help! Nice that she can do that...glad that it takes MY voice to make it happen........ :) You know the old 'I've fallen and I can't get up' emergency replacement skill.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Oh, Roger in my defense...I did cut it close with the Turmeric, but I have enough to last til tomorrow when it will be delivered! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all from wherever the KITTEN I am. Had to step away from the cabin to get a decent signal. I can hear some bovine creatures mooing for their breakfast or perhaps just to be mooing. Or maybe they need to be milked.

Had a little cold pizza with my vitamins but will have eggs and bacon in a bit when more people are awake.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking , The temperature this morning was 67 on the news channel and 70 degrees on the front porch. The humidity is still high, What they are calling tropical for today for tomorrow, It should be warmer and the humidity will be dropping.

I was out the door at CostCo nice a quick, $108 lighter in the wallet however.
    I picked up 2 bags of Frozen Normandy Mix and 1 Green Beans, a refrigerated package of Pot Roast to use as a PF. The hot cooked rotisserie 3 pound chicken that scales 4 pounds 5+ ounces in the package. 5 Pounds of Clementines, Gala Apples, White Nectarines and a 10 pack of $4 off Kleenex and a Protein Shake. Sadly they only had Vanilla today and I was looking for a Chocolate and a Vanilla Case of each.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    BbTH0u.jpg

VnBHBV.jpg

TW5j3b.jpg

Vnv45c.jpg

mw6j5c.jpg

nsmy98.jpg
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »
    How Bad is Crime in Chicago? Police Search for 6-Year-Old Armed Robbery Suspect
    Posted at 2:25 pm on July 12, 2017 by Jenn Jacques
    If you thought Chicago’s gun problem couldn’t possibly get any more insane, you’re not going to believe this story.

On Saturday, July 8, 2017, Chicago Police issued an incredulous community alert from detectives warning Near South Side residents of an unlikely robbery crew of suspects that includes “a 6- to 8-year-old boy” armed with a silver handgun.
    The suspects committed at least 11 armed robberies in June in which they traveled in groups of 3-9 armed robbers and approached victims; either demanding valuables or taking property by force before fleeing the scene.

Elvis knew Chicago was bad way back in the day.
    Hi Ed
    Chicago has always been a strange area IMO :)
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 73 out there now with an expected high of 92 and 40% chance of rain.

We are going cabin camping this weekend with a good chunk of our pool party group. Lilo will be lonely, and I may come home sometime Saturday to check on her, but it would be awkward, as it's a 2 hour or so drive and we have group activities that we are part organizers/preparers for, such as Friday night dinner at the campground (Papa John's pickup of pizza, 7:00 to whenever the pizza runs out, as people will be arriving at different times), Saturday morning breakfast (9:00 to 10:00), Saturday sandwich lunch (1:00 - 2:00), and Saturday night dinner (Restaurant in the little town - Yay! 7:00 to whenever), and Sunday morning breakfast (8:00 - 9:00) which will be mostly continental, but also with whatever leftovers there might be from prior meals.

We will be sure to leave plenty of food and water for Lilo and the sugar gliders.

We have 5 dozen eggs, 2 dozen peeled, boiled eggs, 4 pounds of pre-cooked bacon, two giant loaves of light bread in the kitchen, two large loaves of heavy multi-grain bread, sliced meats for sandwiches, individually packaged small packs of assorted cookies (decided they'd keep fresher than a big tray of "fancy" bakery cookies), a tub of mini-cinnamon rolls, a tray of assorted Danish sweet rolls, milk, coffee (regular and decaf), half and half (regular and fat free), non-dairy creamer, stevia sweetener, sucralose sweetener, sugar packets, mixed berry preserves, butter (for cooking eggs and putting on toast) bananas, apples, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, ripple chips, plain chips, barbecue chips, tortilla chips, salsa, and several cases of soft drinks. We went out yesterday to buy food at Costco and then filled in some at Kroger.

We did this last year and it was a lot of fun, but we were not involved in the food planning, purchasing, or preparation. I don't know if they got pre-cooked bacon last year or not, but I'm sure as KITTEN not cooking or assisting with bacon for 15 to 30 people and cleaning up all that grease so that is what we're having this year. I did that large bacon task once in college for a BLT lunch and that is a LOT of rendered bacon grease that results.

Lunch Saturday is changed from from last year's grilled burgers and hot dogs to do-it-yourself sandwiches as that is easier too. We got roast beef, ham, and turkey at Costco - nice stuff, not the overly processed cheap gorp, and then picked up some turkey bologna at Kroger. Costco also had some lovely packs of pre-sliced cheese that had 4 different kinds of cheese in each pack so we grabbed a couple of those. One of the other members has some leftover mayo and mustard packets from a house party a while back and is bringing those. If it doesn't look like enough then one of us may run into the little town to get a bit more of that.

While there I picked up a two-pack of the Promise gluten free bread as the grain mix sounded interesting and I had a slice as toast last night after dinner. Pretty tasty! The texture of the un-toasted bread felt, to my hands, a bit dry and not as soft as light bread but then who would expect it to be? It's a great tasting whole grain bread and much lighter than one might expect for gluten free.
    Dog Gone it, I knew there was something I was forgetting at CostCo, Their Pre-Cooked Bacon :( That is what happens when You are running late and Rush out the door...

Just think of the Lovely grease fire You could have with all that oil :)

I like a Bacon and Cheese Sandwich TBH. I would love to find a reasonably priced and easily available source of Pre-Cooked More or less lean Hamburgers, patties only. When I saw the Pot Roast at a more or less reasonable price I bought that, It will have to do. What I have been doing is cooking a lot of 1/4 pound size portions of Ground Beef and Refrigerating the resulting cooked patties for now. FWIW I did not have great luck with the old now long gonbe NS Freeze Dried Burgers Dinner patty.
    Howdy y'all from wherever the KITTEN I am. Had to step away from the cabin to get a decent signal. I can hear some bovine creatures mooing for their breakfast or perhaps just to be mooing. Or maybe they need to be milked.

Had a little cold pizza with my vitamins but will have eggs and bacon in a bit when more people are awake.
    OTOH at least You got a signal. I tend to have my Vitamins while dinner is warming/cooking in the evening.

It could be all three of those choices :)

Have a Good Time
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!
    I started this morning at 7:30...and have very little to show for it...fed Tom E. Emptied the dishwasher that I ran yesterday, and also the dish drainer of the hand washable...
    Watched an hour long video with John Mackey...Interesting how Whole Foods came to be. AND he didn't actually talk about the merger with Amazon, but towards the end he addressed Whole Foods/Whole Paycheck.... he says the merger with Amazon will significantly reduce the prices at Whole Foods. I'm all for that...not that I ever spend that much there...(they conveniently located Produce, (veg and fruit) just inside the door, to the right. And the bulk section is right there after the produce...which pretty much is the whole sum of my shopping, except for the hot bar.
    Hi Valerie
    FWIW the Local Acme has produce inside the door and further back in the same aisle is what hat foods they do have. The ShopRite for contrast You do pass a health foods area and Produce, Then You need to hang a left to the back for the Hot Food Section. They have a decent selection in their Hat and Cold salad bar area as well as prepackaged ready to heat meals. The bakery is in line with a the Chain Chinese food section :)

I am curious if the local ShopRite has Breakfast foods on Sunday like I saw at the one further west on the Highway last Sunday when we were out that way...
    Yesterday I called Dr Frank, my podiatrist, and I will be seeing him Monday. My foot got to be just totally unmanageable. So I'm 'caving' to the pain, and getting more x-rays and cortisone shots in the ankle. Not happy, but I can't operate in a normal way with the ankle the way it is. He's taking another x-ray looking specifically for stress fractures. UGH!

And after lunch I plan to go to Honda and get that oil changed, tires rotated, etc. I will hopefully get to grill my corn and veg's today. Got rained out yesterday.....I haven't looked yet to see how much rain...I don't think over quarter of an inch...but the thunder went on for over an hour.
    We had off and on rain mostly on for most of Friday. It was raining when I got up and the last of it disappeared by 6:45PM. When I went out the door this morning the streets were still semi wet and I found that there was a light misting happening.

I am sorry that Your Foot is still feeling that bad, I had hoped that You would be better by now, Good Luck,

The Tires do not get enough rotation when You drive on them, He says tongue in cheek :)
    Ed, sounds like you have a grocery in your kitchen! Have a great time on your camping weekend. Going to the NC mountains, or staying in GA? I think I could enjoy camping with cabins...I'm just not a 'tent' camper!

LOL! Just got notification of a new email from Echo Dot. Will read about new 'tricks' Alexa can do...I do know I was watching a program yesterday on my computer, and something other than her name would strike a chord with Alexa and once she told me the days news...and another time I got a weather report!!!! Just cracked me up. Glad that's all she reported...and didn't alert my sons that I needed help! Nice that she can do that...glad that it takes MY voice to make it happen........ :) You know the old 'I've fallen and I can't get up' emergency replacement skill.

Later...
    If I said those commercials were not to my liking. OTOH my nephew did install a Alarm system that had a Button on a chain for wearing around the neck for Mom. What a Racket that thing made. It was always a oops I pressed the button by accident event however. If it made her feel safer...
    Oh, Roger in my defense...I did cut it close with the Turmeric, but I have enough to last til tomorrow when it will be delivered! :)
    I do that quite often too. Despite my brother not liking CostCo and refusing to enter their store he does have me pick up their large bottle of real Vanilla Extract :)
    Elsewhere the real extract is expensive and he does not like the artificial version.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning...Saturday!
    Hair appointment this early afternoon, and then to see Ted, dinner somewhere. I'd be happy with WF hot bar, since I still haven't gotten my Tofu.....

Got my grilling done yesterday afternoon, and it was shortly followed by rumbling...and louder rumbling...and maybe 20+ minutes more rumbles and finally the rain! ¾ of an inch of rain! At least I got my dinner and stayed dry....if a body can stay dry at 92 degrees and no breeze, but plenty of humidity!!!
    Also got my car's oil changed. AND my free car wash! They forgot to give me the car wash code, and I had to go back for it...:) :) I was determined to get my car wash, as the last time I was there the car wash was down, being replaced, as the old one was broken more than usable!

Ok, I need to head for the shower, and then I'll have leftovers from yesterdays grill all wrapped up in a med. size flour tortilla, along with some added beans!

Ed, its been awhile, but sometimes cows seem to just mutter (moo) among themselves. I think they know what they're saying! or I hope they do!!! We had Herefords, not milk cows, so I don't know if they grumble over that...
    Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

Later...OH....the cartoons were great....I want the dog nose and eye holes in my neighbor's back yard gate!!! Those poor dogs...they bark at me, and one can stick his nose under the gate, but needs 'eye holes'! And much as I love Oahu, you will never see me climb that staircase.ever.
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning...Saturday!
    Hair appointment this early afternoon, and then to see Ted, dinner somewhere. I'd be happy with WF hot bar, since I still haven't gotten my Tofu.....

Got my grilling done yesterday afternoon, and it was shortly followed by rumbling...and louder rumbling...and maybe 20+ minutes more rumbles and finally the rain! ¾ of an inch of rain! At least I got my dinner and stayed dry....if a body can stay dry at 92 degrees and no breeze, but plenty of humidity!!!
    Also got my car's oil changed. AND my free car wash! They forgot to give me the car wash code, and I had to go back for it...:) :) I was determined to get my car wash, as the last time I was there the car wash was down, being replaced, as the old one was broken more than usable!
    Hi Valerie
    It would be hard not to sweat even when sitting still under those conditions...

We don't use them however I did see a two pack of $100 gift cards for a quick oil change place selling at CostCo yesterday for $150 for the two of them, A decent savings.

I am torn regarding car washes. The last time my brother ran his F150 pickup through one I had to help adjust the Passenger side mirror :)
    Ok, I need to head for the shower, and then I'll have leftovers from yesterdays grill all wrapped up in a med. size flour tortilla, along with some added beans!

Ed, its been awhile, but sometimes cows seem to just mutter (moo) among themselves. I think they know what they're saying! or I hope they do!!! We had Herefords, not milk cows, so I don't know if they grumble over that...
    Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

Later...OH....the cartoons were great....I want the dog nose and eye holes in my neighbor's back yard gate!!! Those poor dogs...they bark at me, and one can stick his nose under the gate, but needs 'eye holes'! And much as I love Oahu, you will never see me climb that staircase.ever.

I'm glad You liked them. I thought the dog nose & eye holes was neat too.
    My brother asked me if I would climb that staircase, I answered no, Bleep No :) There is just no way I would even think of that.

Have a Good Day and Enjoy the Leftovers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all from out in the woods. I set out the rest of the cold cuts, some boiled eggs, bagels, assorted pastries, preserves, cream cheese, and butter. Juice and coffee to drink.

Waiting for some of the group to show up to eat it. Then clean it all up, pack up, and head home to Lilo.

We have an appointment for finalize adoption papers for the new cat tomorrow. Hopefully we will have her home with us soon. I have picked a name, but am not publishing it until we have her home.
  • RogerToo
    j2QL0S.jpg

hq1b3u.jpg

bB1zdh.jpg

4xK6XZ.jpg

lcuO3y.jpg

UjX6xE.gif

PLvmOg.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking , The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch. The humidity is much better, the THI AKA Feels Like is the same as the the real temperature.

From the UK
    How to treat acid burns, and what to do if you are involved in or witness an acid attack – all you need to know
    Following the worrying rise in acid attacks, here's the important information you need to know

By Sophie Roberts and Lizzie Parry, Digital Health Editor
    14th July 2017, 6:11 pm
    Updated: 14th July 2017, 6:12 pm
    THE alarming spike in acid attacks on the streets of Britain is a terrifying threat with the potential for catastrophic and life-changing injuries.

Last night two teenagers were arrested after two suspects riding a moped carried out five horrific attacks in Stoke Newington, Hackney and Islington, police said.
    How SHOULD you treat acid burns?
    The most important thing you can do in the event of an acid attack is to douse the victim in running water, rather than a wet cloth.
    The water dilutes the acid, and so it's important to keep refreshing with new, clean water, as quickly as possible.
    The most important thing you can do in the event of an acid attack is douse the victim's wounds in fresh, running water for as long as possible

The rest of the details here:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/4016479/acid-burns-attack-what-to-do/

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all from out in the woods. I set out the rest of the cold cuts, some boiled eggs, bagels, assorted pastries, preserves, cream cheese, and butter. Juice and coffee to drink.

Waiting for some of the group to show up to eat it. Then clean it all up, pack up, and head home to Lilo.

We have an appointment for finalize adoption papers for the new cat tomorrow. Hopefully we will have her home with us soon. I have picked a name, but am not publishing it until we have her home.
    Hi Ed
    That sounds like a decent breakfast to me :)

I hope You have a good trip home.

Good Luck acquiring the cat
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hey! Good Afternoon!
    Hope Ed and J are home by now...and Lilo isn't holding a grudge!
    I'd heard on the news that Gwinnett Animal Shelter was cleared, and ready for adoptions, etc. I can't wait to see pix, and learn the kitty's name!

Had a great time getting my hair cut... and then had my ride in the Tesla!! WOW what a car! And they're not kidding about 0-60 in 5 seconds either!!! (though the Model S when it comes out will do 0-60-3 seconds they say!) in Great console, bigger than any I'd seen, and makes it easy to follow GPS maps, which also show where the charging stations are, if you're on a longer trip. Comfy seats, and pretty interior, etc, etc...It was fun

Then Ted and I did go to Whole Foods, and YIPEE I got a big container of fried tofu. We ate watching a soccer game in Group B of the Gold Cup Tournament. I got home and watched most of the USA game after.

Late getting up this morning, cooked a large pot of greens..Kale, Mustard, Spinach, and Arugula, had onion and garlic in it....piled it on some quinoa I had, and added sweet potato rounds...made a good 'brunch' and then a big slice of watermelon :)

The cat perched in front of the TV getting ready for a spring race....not only funny, but the cat's face looks like Groucho Marx! Big eyes and mustache, made me laugh!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Well, we are back in Peachtree Corners. Breakfast this morning went over very well. I wish I had taken a picture of the lovely lunch I put together yesterday. Everyone who commented said it was really a great lunch so I think I'm a hit as a food organizer for the weekend. I did appreciate the former one cooking the Saturday breakfast, with my help, but the rest of the on-site food was all me.

We did buy too much so I have a lot of pre-cooked Kirkland bacon left, just a bit over 2 pounds. I won't have to buy bacon for a while as I took that leftover home. No one else, to my surprise, seemed to want it. Well, the former food coordinator wanted it but said he didn't need that in their house as they are trying to eat more healthy foods and less bacon and such.

We ate some of the leftover pizza for lunch after we got back. Most things are unpacked and put away. Lilo had to have lots of loving when I got home.

Now I think it's about nap time and later I'll get the garbage and recycles to the curb.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...