Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,169 Member
    Cat boxes scooped, garbage and recycles to the curb, and most of the leftover pizza that we carried home has been frozen in individual 2-slice packets for gradual use over the next couple of weeks or until we get so sick of it that I throw it in the woods for the critters. All of it is veggie or plain cheese pizza, as I finished off the last bit of the deluxe for lunch today.

I also got a decent nap today with Lilo.

Planning to warm up some pizza with added scrambled eggs on top for our dinner, as I did leave one whole pizza...well, two half pizzas in the refrigerator. 4 slices of regular crust veggie pizza and 4 slices of thin crust cheese pizza. Adding scrambled eggs on top and maybe extra cheese will "freshen" so it doesn't seem like a total repeat meal. I only intend to prepare half of what is left though. Hopefully we'll feel like eating the remainder tomorrow. If not, then the last four slices might make it into the freezer too!

I may even crisp up some of the bacon to put on my pizza tonight.

Spent a few minutes working on the shopping list for next year's summer camp group weekend, assuming we do one, and altering quantities so we can, hopefully, not "over bake" (Actually we made Pizza Hut over bake) on the pizza and have so much left, or over-buy on any of the other stuff. I don't MIND bringing home lots of bacon and the pre-cooked bacon keeps very well. I just don't generally have that much bacon in the house all at once.

We got a dozen leftover eggs too. Next year we'll have a better handle on how much to buy. The plus is that we didn't run out and everyone got plenty to eat. And, of course, it's sort of a plus that we didn't waste nearly as much as we might have, as we sent home (or took home) the left over edibles at the end. J and I have the bulk of the leftover pizza, but one other member did take home a whole pepperoni pizza, which we were glad to give him. We couldn't convince anyone else to take home any pizza and I didn't want to waste it, hence all the frozen slices now in the garage deep freeze.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

Its a lovely 68 degrees out there now with an expected high of 87 and only 20% chance of rain. Speaking of rain all the rain we got while out camping was a few sprinkly drops Saturday night. Well, if it rained any more than that it did it while I was asleep. All in all, a very nice weekend and Lilo was very glad to see us when we got home.

Lilo has been fed, I've been fed, the sink has been cleared and the camping laundry is in the dryer.

In a couple of hours we'll be getting ready to go and finalize adoption papers for our new girl.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Bad Doggy
    zDLPBt.jpg

cxFfhG.jpg

sl4YQC.jpg

5d0tjp.jpg
    Neither did I :)

Not quite the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow You want to see :(

68CJOU.jpg

Ebymuu.jpg
  • RogerToo

07/16/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking , The temperature this morning was 71 on the news channel and 71 degrees on the front porch. The humidity is up in what they are calling the uncomfortable range once again :(

Hmm...
    http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/nation-world/world/article161621453.html
    July 15, 2017 7:18 PM
    She went in for a simple cataract surgery. Doctors found 27 contact lenses in her eye

By Greg Hadley

ghadley@mcclatchy.com

LinkedIn
    Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit
    Print
    Order Reprint of this Story

In a bizarre medical case, a British woman somehow had more than two dozen contact lenses in one eye but didn’t realize it.

The case, which was published July 5 in the British Medical Journal, has made international headlines after the ophthalmologist responsible for extracting the stack of contacts spoke to the media recently.

According to the BMJ, the case itself occurred back in November, when a 67-year-old woman went to the doctor for a “routine” eye surgery, Rupal Morjaria wrote.

When the surgery began, however, Morjaria and her fellow doctors extracted a “blue mass” of 17 contacts, all stuck together, according to Optometry Today. Later, the doctors found another chunk of 10 contacts, bringing the total to 27 contacts in one eye.

“None of us have ever seen this before,” Morjaria told OT.

“It was such a large mass. All the 17 contact lenses were stuck together. We were really surprised that the patient didn’t notice it because it would cause quite a lot of irritation while it was sitting there.”

According to OT, the patient had been wearing monthly disposable contacts for 35 years but did not regularly go to the eye doctor and had no idea that many contacts were in her eye. Morjaria said the patient had credited her discomfort to old age and dry eyes.

“She was quite shocked,” Morjaria said. “When she was seen two weeks after I removed the lenses she said her eyes felt a lot more comfortable.”

It is unclear how long the woman had been living with the contacts in her eye. According to Piedmont Healthcare, the FDA recommends that even long-term wear contacts be removed overnight at least once per week to be cleaned and to allow the eye to take in oxygen. Wearing contacts too long can cause corneal damage.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-15/research-team-slams-global-warming-data-new-report-not-reality-totally-inconsistent-
    Research Team Slams Global Warming Data In New Report: "Not Reality... Totally Inconsistent With Credible Temperature Data"

by Tyler Durden
    Jul 15, 2017 9:00 PM
    As world leaders, namely in the European Union, attack President Trump for pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement which would have saddled Americans with billions upon billions of dollars in debt and economic losses, a new bombshell report that analyzed Global Average Surface Temperature (GAST) data produced by NASA, the NOAA and HADLEY proves the President was right on target with his refusal to be a part of the new initiative.

According to the report, which has been peer reviewed by administrators, scientists and researchers from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.), and several of America’s leading universities, the data is completely bunk:
    In this research report, the most important surface data adjustment issues are identified and past changes in the previously reported historical data are quantified. It was found that each new version of GAST has nearly always exhibited a steeper warming linear trend over its entire history. And, it was nearly always accomplished by systematically removing the previously existing cyclical temperature pattern. This was true for all three entities providing GAST data measurement, NOAA, NASA and Hadley CRU.
    As a result, this research sought to validate the current estimates of GAST using the best available relevant data. This included the best documented and understood data sets from the U.S. and elsewhere as well as global data from satellites that provide far more extensive global coverage and are not contaminated by bad siting and urbanization impacts. Satellite data integrity also benefits from having cross checks with Balloon data.
    The conclusive findings of this research are that the three GAST data sets are not a valid representation of reality. In fact, the magnitude of their historical data adjustments, that removed their cyclical temperature patterns, are totally inconsistent with published and credible U.S. and other temperature data. Thus, it is impossible to conclude from the three published GAST data sets that recent years have been the warmest ever –despite current claims of record setting warming.
    Finally, since GAST data set validity is a necessary condition for EPA’s GHG/CO2 Endangerment Finding, it too is invalidated by these research findings. (Full Abstract Report)

Of course, this won’t stop global climate normalcy deniers from saying it’s all one big conspiracy to destroy the earth. They’ll naturally argue that data adjustments to the temperatures need to be made for a variety of reasons, which is something the report doesn’t dispute. What it does show, however, is that these “adjustments” always prove to be to the upside. Always warmer, never cooler:
    While the notion that some “adjustments” to historical data might need to be made is not challenged, logically it would be expected that such historical temperature data adjustments would sometimes raise these temperatures, and sometimes lower them. This situation would mean that the impact of such adjustments on the temperature trend line slope is uncertain. However, each new version of GAST has nearly always exhibited a steeper warming linear trend over its entire history.

In short: The evidence has been falsified.
    Karl Denninger sums it up succinctly:
    It is therefore quite-clear that the data has been intentionally tampered with.
    Since this has formed the basis for plans to steal literal trillions of dollars and has already resulted in the forced extraction of hundreds of billions in aggregate for motorists and industry this quite-clearly constitutes the largest economic fraud ever perpetrated in the world.
    I call for the indictment and prosecution of every person and organization involved, asset-stripping all of them to their literal underwear.
    The real data looks something like this:
    global-warming-data1
    global-warming-data1.jpg?resize=560%2C264
    (Via ZeroHedge.com)

And the establishment, along with their fanatical global warming myrmidons, continue to push the need for massive, costly initiatives to reduce green house gases and global temperatures to “normal” levels.
    The problem, of course, is that there is no global warming according to the above referenced report.
    Moreover, none of those supporting the Paris Climate Agreement and other initiatives have any idea what these behemoth regulations will actually do to curb climate change, as evidenced by the following video of Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine, who despite his best efforts, can’t seem to figure out exactly how these agreements actually lower temperatures and help Americans:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcIG5Bf3__g&feature=youtu.be

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hey! Good Afternoon!
    Hope Ed and J are home by now...and Lilo isn't holding a grudge!
    I'd heard on the news that Gwinnett Animal Shelter was cleared, and ready for adoptions, etc. I can't wait to see pix, and learn the kitty's name!

Had a great time getting my hair cut... and then had my ride in the Tesla!! WOW what a car! And they're not kidding about 0-60 in 5 seconds either!!! (though the Model S when it comes out will do 0-60-3 seconds they say!) in Great console, bigger than any I'd seen, and makes it easy to follow GPS maps, which also show where the charging stations are, if you're on a longer trip. Comfy seats, and pretty interior, etc, etc...It was fun
    Hi Valerie
    I can see them working for people that change cars every few years, I wonder how the drivetrain will hold up for people that keep a car for 20 to 30 years ??
    By That I mean not only the electric motor but the control electronics and batteries.
    Then Ted and I did go to Whole Foods, and YIPEE I got a big container of fried tofu. We ate watching a soccer game in Group B of the Gold Cup Tournament. I got home and watched most of the USA game after.

Late getting up this morning, cooked a large pot of greens..Kale, Mustard, Spinach, and Arugula, had onion and garlic in it....piled it on some quinoa I had, and added sweet potato rounds...made a good 'brunch' and then a big slice of watermelon :)

The cat perched in front of the TV getting ready for a spring race....not only funny, but the cat's face looks like Groucho Marx! Big eyes and mustache, made me laugh!

Later...
    I bet You are happy with Whole Foods today. I wonder what will happen to them unless the Feds block the Amazon purchase?

Ah Ha, Made You laugh :)

Have a Nice Day Today
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Well, we are back in Peachtree Corners. Breakfast this morning went over very well. I wish I had taken a picture of the lovely lunch I put together yesterday. Everyone who commented said it was really a great lunch so I think I'm a hit as a food organizer for the weekend. I did appreciate the former one cooking the Saturday breakfast, with my help, but the rest of the on-site food was all me.

We did buy too much so I have a lot of pre-cooked Kirkland bacon left, just a bit over 2 pounds. I won't have to buy bacon for a while as I took that leftover home. No one else, to my surprise, seemed to want it. Well, the former food coordinator wanted it but said he didn't need that in their house as they are trying to eat more healthy foods and less bacon and such.

We ate some of the leftover pizza for lunch after we got back. Most things are unpacked and put away. Lilo had to have lots of loving when I got home.

Now I think it's about nap time and later I'll get the garbage and recycles to the curb.
    Hi Ed
    How can You go wrong with Bacon. I did buy the smaller box of ShopRite Pre-Cooked Bacon Sunday. It will likely last me a month or two as is. I like Bacon and Velveeta Sandwiches. Two Slice of the Bacon, 40 calories, 2 slices of the 40 Calorie per slice bread and 2 of the 40 calorie Velveeta = 200 calories OTOH so I do have to work it in as a Lunch or Dinner Entree. I toast the bread first too.
    Cat boxes scooped, garbage and recycles to the curb, and most of the leftover pizza that we carried home has been frozen in individual 2-slice packets for gradual use over the next couple of weeks or until we get so sick of it that I throw it in the woods for the critters. All of it is veggie or plain cheese pizza, as I finished off the last bit of the deluxe for lunch today.

I also got a decent nap today with Lilo.

Planning to warm up some pizza with added scrambled eggs on top for our dinner, as I did leave one whole pizza...well, two half pizzas in the refrigerator. 4 slices of regular crust veggie pizza and 4 slices of thin crust cheese pizza. Adding scrambled eggs on top and maybe extra cheese will "freshen" so it doesn't seem like a total repeat meal. I only intend to prepare half of what is left though. Hopefully we'll feel like eating the remainder tomorrow. If not, then the last four slices might make it into the freezer too!

I may even crisp up some of the bacon to put on my pizza tonight.

Spent a few minutes working on the shopping list for next year's summer camp group weekend, assuming we do one, and altering quantities so we can, hopefully, not "over bake" (Actually we made Pizza Hut over bake) on the pizza and have so much left, or over-buy on any of the other stuff. I don't MIND bringing home lots of bacon and the pre-cooked bacon keeps very well. I just don't generally have that much bacon in the house all at once.

We got a dozen leftover eggs too. Next year we'll have a better handle on how much to buy. The plus is that we didn't run out and everyone got plenty to eat. And, of course, it's sort of a plus that we didn't waste nearly as much as we might have, as we sent home (or took home) the left over edibles at the end. J and I have the bulk of the leftover pizza, but one other member did take home a whole pepperoni pizza, which we were glad to give him. We couldn't convince anyone else to take home any pizza and I didn't want to waste it, hence all the frozen slices now in the garage deep freeze.
    Pizza !
    I do not think I would much care for a veggie Pizza or one with Egg on top, Although I know my brother likes the Resulting Breakfast Pizza. I usually do order my Pizzas with 1/2 bacon and 1/2 pepperoni for toppings.

Freezing the left overs sounds like a great idea to me FWIW. I hate waste !
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

Its a lovely 68 degrees out there now with an expected high of 87 and only 20% chance of rain. Speaking of rain all the rain we got while out camping was a few sprinkly drops Saturday night. Well, if it rained any more than that it did it while I was asleep. All in all, a very nice weekend and Lilo was very glad to see us when we got home.

Lilo has been fed, I've been fed, the sink has been cleared and the camping laundry is in the dryer.

In a couple of hours we'll be getting ready to go and finalize adoption papers for our new girl.
    Your weather forecast sounds a lot like they recycled my weather forecast :)

Good Luck Picking up the cat
    Roger

BTW can You and Valerie figure out which side of the Global Warming pronouncements I fall on ?
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning...
    In a bit of a hurry, need to hit the shower and get on the road to see about my foot!
    Tried to carpet clean last night....something wrong with it...it was being really rascally and not steaming, and I knew that....but had a work around so that I really only needed the water/dirt extraction...well, it now won't do that either....so out to the curb it will go on Thursday, and the new one will arrive the day before..(Wednesday)...so all is well...or will be.
    Glad J and Ed are home, sounds like they have a bit of food, but not so horribly much! Good Job. Also seems that Lilo was happy to have them back home.
    Ed, finish filling out adoption papers...and bring home new kitty? or is that another trip to the shelter? I made the awful mistake of looking at the dogs needing homes.....oh boy, I really have to stop doing that. Fortunately there was only one that really caught my eye...a Westie/toy poodle mix. NO, I didn't go....or I'd have had a dog. Long as I have my senses, and Tom E. no new pets!
    Roger, not sure about the down the road repairs to expect. I know there will be battery replacements some time in the future. And I don't think anybody can make any long range predictions, as these are really a very new line of cars. The one I rode in was 4 years old, so can't place much 'historical' predictions on that! But, we do have a dealer, with show space at Lenox Mall in ATL...very close to where I lived when I rented in ATL.... I don't think I really need worry about owning one, unless I might sell a grandchild???? No, better idea would be to win the lottery..:)
    Ok, outta here..with plans to return and respond to some of the earlier posts...

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2017
    Adoption papers finalized. I need to make an appointment for Wednesday afternoon at our vet for a full checkup. The shelter is having her spayed (or at least checking to see if she's already spayed) and chipped during this interval, and giving her a rabies vaccination.

Actually I paused and scheduled our vet appointment! We're scheduled to pick her up between 11:00 and 12:00 on Wednesday at the shelter and we have an appointment at 1:00 with our vet to have her checked out.

pqx0uuklc5mf.jpg

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Aww Ed, 'little miss no name' is adorable! She's going to be a sweet kitty! So glad everything is now working toward her having a home, and two 'parents' who will love her!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 68 out there now with an expected high of 90 and 20% chance of rain. We actually had quite the downpour last night with all the lightning and thunder and special effects!

Maybe dishwasher and some laundry on the agenda today. And maybe some light housework.

These are all maybes...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    HXHBi9.png

s8ZzSP.jpg

UdYtoR.jpg

Imj7BG.jpg

WwXQlS.png

cn4Xja.jpg

snpUnA.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2017
    Hi
    I did some walking , The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 73 degrees on the front porch. The humidity is up in what they are calling Tropical once again :(

Not a Good idea
    6LK0hB.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4019696/golden-retriever-gave-birth-green-puppy-pictures/
    MUCKY PUP Dog owner stunned after her golden retriever gave birth to a GREEN puppy
    oJOhyk.jpg
    scvN69.jpg

Three-year-old Rio gave birth to nine puppies but when one came out mint green Louise Sutherland was gobsmacked
    By John Shammas, 14th July 2017, 2:24 pm, Updated: 16th July 2017, 1:35 am
    A DOG owner couldn’t believe what she was seeing when her golden retriever gave birth to a GREEN puppy.
    Her beloved pet Rio, aged three, gave birth last week to nine puppies – but when one came out mint green Louise Sutherland was stunned.
    The rare occurrence is only known to have happened only three times before in the world.

More Info by following the link.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning...
    In a bit of a hurry, need to hit the shower and get on the road to see about my foot!
    Tried to carpet clean last night....something wrong with it...it was being really rascally and not steaming, and I knew that....but had a work around so that I really only needed the water/dirt extraction...well, it now won't do that either....so out to the curb it will go on Thursday, and the new one will arrive the day before..(Wednesday)...so all is well...or will be.
    Glad J and Ed are home, sounds like they have a bit of food, but not so horribly much! Good Job. Also seems that Lilo was happy to have them back home.
    Ed, finish filling out adoption papers...and bring home new kitty? or is that another trip to the shelter? I made the awful mistake of looking at the dogs needing homes.....oh boy, I really have to stop doing that. Fortunately there was only one that really caught my eye...a Westie/toy poodle mix. NO, I didn't go....or I'd have had a dog. Long as I have my senses, and Tom E. no new pets!
    Hi Valerie
    I hope the Foot gets better quickly.

Hmm... No New Pets :)
    Roger, not sure about the down the road repairs to expect. I know there will be battery replacements some time in the future. And I don't think anybody can make any long range predictions, as these are really a very new line of cars. The one I rode in was 4 years old, so can't place much 'historical' predictions on that! But, we do have a dealer, with show space at Lenox Mall in ATL...very close to where I lived when I rented in ATL.... I don't think I really need worry about owning one, unless I might sell a grandchild???? No, better idea would be to win the lottery..:)
    Ok, outta here..with plans to return and respond to some of the earlier posts...

Later...

As far as having dealers, So did the Yugo :)
    Will these become the new Yugo down the road, only time will tell if they Join Studebaker, Rambler, Hudson and Kaiser to name a few on histories discard heap.

That's the Plan, Win the Lottery !

Good Luck with that one, when You do let me know so I can drive down for a share :)
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Adoption papers finalized. I need to make an appointment for Wednesday afternoon at our vet for a full checkup. The shelter is having her spayed (or at least checking to see if she's already spayed) and chipped during this interval, and giving her a rabies vaccination.

Actually I paused and scheduled our vet appointment! We're scheduled to pick her up between 11:00 and 12:00 on Wednesday at the shelter and we have an appointment at 1:00 with our vet to have her checked out.

pqx0uuklc5mf.jpg
    Hi Ed
    It is probably the Camera angle that makes the head look large.

Good Luck with all that running around
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 68 out there now with an expected high of 90 and 20% chance of rain. We actually had quite the downpour last night with all the lightning and thunder and special effects!

Maybe dishwasher and some laundry on the agenda today. And maybe some light housework.

These are all maybes...
    Hi Again
    There was rain in NJ yesterday, enough to cause some rush hour home traffic problems, Around here, Nada, Nothing, Zip, Zilch, Zero rain

Yesterday my Crazy Brother washed his Pickup Truck and my car. When He said they were both washed I asked why didn't you call me and his answer was I figured You would know when the water kept coming on and off and You did not see me, No it never occurred to me that he would do that ! Today he wants to Wax them :)

I have been getting some Raspberries, Probably where the critters can not reach them. I also had Blackberries Yesterday and This Morning, Same probability for their survival on the plant.

My Laundry was placed in the washer on the way out walking and currently is in the dryer :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Kids are trying exotic fruits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyVwpFLFqgY
  • parityanimal
    Kids try 100 years of instant food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2hvsQYCX0o