Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    I've been up for 'ages'(at least 4 hours)..this has led to that, wash, rinse, & repeat!!!
    I've stationary biked, fed a feline, had part of a banana. (bought that banana yesterday at Aldi's) Didn't I have a rule about banana's and Aldi's?? The flower end about an inch, was solid black, and not very pretty inside either...so I tossed that Part of the banana, and reminded myself that Aldi's banana's are a no-no!
    Had fun at the lunch yesterday. My great niece and nephew were so absorbed in the little trinkets I brought for them to play with at the table that we had a very 'adult' type lunch, and my SIL and I caught up with our lives. So that was good. When I got home about 2 my trash cans were still at the street, as were neighbors on both sides of me...so I did my good deed for the day and pulled/pushed everybody's trash cans to their respective homes. :)

No Roger, I really enjoyed the history, the community, etc of your day yesterday. It sounded delightful, and something you do each year....so there's also tradition as well. Definitely not TMI. :)

I watched the chocolate everything video...some of it twice! Thought it would be a bit of work, I think (at least in my mind) that I can make it for the next time the kids come over on Sunday to 'help Grammie'. Soften the original ice cream sandwiches, discard the ice cream, and refreeze the chocolate graham crackers, then fill them again with my So's Vanilla Coconut Ice cream....and from there I'd just have to use the So's with the crushed Oreo's, etc. (sure glad Oreo's are vegan!) My Grands watch what I eat like little hawks...and having Olivia to practice on since she was 3...they are really good at spotting sugar, eggs, etc. Gotta Love Em!!

Its been a long time since 'ladies first' post had occurred. :) Don't ya just love dreams like that? No terror and such...just plain weird! I rather like the idea of an analog clock faced moon!!!! The digital, maybe not so much.
    Years ago, for no apparent reason Nate wanted a watch for his birthday...and he was given one...only then did the family realize the little guy had no clue as to how to read and analog watch/clock!!!! :) So I'm guessing that peeps less than 45 or so are so accustomed to digital read out time pieces that we don't think about it. (Nate can now tell time analog way).

Ok, need to keep up my momentum this morning. Trying to do double days' chores, as Ted is coming out tomorrow to visit and cut my lawn. He offered, I accepted!!! :) Simple as that! But I want to have all my chores crossed off the list so I can pull weeds, or use the trimmer, etc. I think I'll open the last of the beer and make up a second batch of mosquito confusion to spray a larger area of my yard. If I 'stale' the beer today, I can quickly make it up and spray tomorrow morning. It lasts for several months, so this could well be the last batch.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Oh, I meant to include this....
    I get a 'daily thing' sometimes a word, or a gratitude, or thought, etc.
    The one today really made me think for a bit...interesting....perspective... :)

WORD FOR THE DAY
    Look at your feet. You are standing in the sky. When we think of the sky, we tend to look up, but the sky actually begins at the earth.

DIANE ACKERMAN
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,195 Member
    Dinner tonight was at a Cuban restaurant. J had a veggie sandwich wrap and I had Arroz con Pollo, which I will also be having for breakfast I think. Or lunch, but probably breakfast.

Quite nice, but the place seemed to have a very limited menu so we probably won't go back, but it was fun trying it out.

• parityanimal
    Over a year ago, J found a vegan "Jello" substitute and bought a box, on a whim. Tonight I finally got around to making it, and it's in the fridge now. Will let you know how it tastes, but since it has to stay in there until at least midnight, I won't be telling you today.

901rfatdwixn.jpeg
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 68 out there now with an expected high of 88 and 0% chance of rain.

Lilo is helping me type by pushing her face against my hands so I'm not going to try to say much else. I DID get that laundry folded, finally, yesterday.

vifzsa39ra1a.jpg

And last night J took these pictures of blissful beard bumps.

pfhadl2fqo7z.jpg

xdqdajr4xgoc.jpg

zvaxz7u5wwhb.jpg

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    L9vtb7.jpg

PujAcK.jpg

EflZr7.jpg

9V2K5M.jpg

VoOE5F.png

wfcCVJ.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I only walked up for a cup of coffee and stopped at the Grocery Store for fruit, Whee, They had some nice looking Apples for 59 Cents a pound. The temperature this morning was 69 on the news channel and 65 degrees on the front porch.
    The Apples will go good at Lunch and the Large Tangerines for Dinner and that gives me enough to last until Wednesday Morning. Wednesday I plan to stop at CostCo for Frozen Vegetables, More Protein Shakes and Look at the fruit prices and then decide.
    By Wednesday I will need some Bananas and will be out of fresh fruit. Why the CostCo Protein Shakes ? Since NS replaced their shakes the old one were delicious, The new ones are something I can barely choke down :(

I ran across this news yesterday, Somewhat weird IMO.
    CNN Is Losing Evening Ratings War...With Nick-At-Nite?
    Last week, more Americans tuned in to watch re-runs of “Yogi Bear,” “Full House,” and “Friends” on Nick At Nite than to watch Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon’s shows on CNN.

According to cable ratings from the week of June 26-July 2, CNN’s viewership of its primetime shows was ranked significantly lower than its competitors like Fox News and MSNBC, which place first and second respectively. Clocking in at No. 10 on the list, CNN fell behind HGTV, Nick At Nite, History Channel, and ESPN — the sports network that’s been hemorrhaging viewers for months.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    I've been up for 'ages'(at least 4 hours)..this has led to that, wash, rinse, & repeat!!!
    I've stationary biked, fed a feline, had part of a banana. (bought that banana yesterday at Aldi's) Didn't I have a rule about banana's and Aldi's?? The flower end about an inch, was solid black, and not very pretty inside either...so I tossed that Part of the banana, and reminded myself that Aldi's banana's are a no-no!
    Had fun at the lunch yesterday. My great niece and nephew were so absorbed in the little trinkets I brought for them to play with at the table that we had a very 'adult' type lunch, and my SIL and I caught up with our lives. So that was good. When I got home about 2 my trash cans were still at the street, as were neighbors on both sides of me...so I did my good deed for the day and pulled/pushed everybody's trash cans to their respective homes. :)

No Roger, I really enjoyed the history, the community, etc of your day yesterday. It sounded delightful, and something you do each year....so there's also tradition as well. Definitely not TMI. :)
    Hi Valerie
    I do not remember if You mentioned Aldi's and Bananas previously. I think I might have thrown it into the freezer and taken it back the next time or Photographed it and sent the picture along with a scan of the receipt from when it was bought to Aldi's Customer service !

That was nice of You, OTOH I would expect no less from someone that has been known to clean up trash from the street. I have done something similar in the past.

Good to hear that it was not TMI :)

I hope You enjoy today's humor and the bit regarding CNN. It would seem that they are having a problem. I recall when they were one of the first if not the first all news cable channels.

We stopped at the ShopRite Saturday afternoon on the way to Home Depot. I picked up some of the 40 Calorie Per Slice 647 Italian Bread that was on sale. That was the good part, the Bad is that I looked at the Hot foods bar and picked up some of their Pot Roast slices, I had two between two slices of the bread for Dinner, I also picked up .18 pounds of Mac & Cheese as I had been feeling like having some and that did limit the amount somewhat. I had that and some of their BBQ Spare Ribs for lunch, I'm calling the day not 100%. I was also feeling the heat somewhat after eating part of a Corn on the Cob that my brother cooked for dinner along with the Mac & Cheese. I really need to steer clear of high carb foods during the summer so I feel more comfortable. In the winter they help as they make me feel warmer :)
    I watched the chocolate everything video...some of it twice! Thought it would be a bit of work, I think (at least in my mind) that I can make it for the next time the kids come over on Sunday to 'help Grammie'. Soften the original ice cream sandwiches, discard the ice cream, and refreeze the chocolate graham crackers, then fill them again with my So's Vanilla Coconut Ice cream....and from there I'd just have to use the So's with the crushed Oreo's, etc. (sure glad Oreo's are vegan!) My Grands watch what I eat like little hawks...and having Olivia to practice on since she was 3...they are really good at spotting sugar, eggs, etc. Gotta Love Em!!

Its been a long time since 'ladies first' post had occurred. :) Don't ya just love dreams like that? No terror and such...just plain weird! I rather like the idea of an analog clock faced moon!!!! The digital, maybe not so much.
    Years ago, for no apparent reason Nate wanted a watch for his birthday...and he was given one...only then did the family realize the little guy had no clue as to how to read and analog watch/clock!!!! :) So I'm guessing that peeps less than 45 or so are so accustomed to digital read out time pieces that we don't think about it. (Nate can now tell time analog way).

Ok, need to keep up my momentum this morning. Trying to do double days' chores, as Ted is coming out tomorrow to visit and cut my lawn. He offered, I accepted!!! :) Simple as that! But I want to have all my chores crossed off the list so I can pull weeds, or use the trimmer, etc. I think I'll open the last of the beer and make up a second batch of mosquito confusion to spray a larger area of my yard. If I 'stale' the beer today, I can quickly make it up and spray tomorrow morning. It lasts for several months, so this could well be the last batch.

Later...

If I said that sometimes when I wake up at night the Bedroom Digital that keep set as a 24 hour clock is amusing. As an example I looked at it this past night and it was reading Hours 4, Minutes 44, Seconds 44 or 4:44:44 :)

When we were at the Picnic I noticed that Franny keeps the clock app set as a Analog clock...

Yesterdays news they did a informational piece on using Your smart Phone as a Magnifier to make it easy to read small print and also how to use the light on the lens side if needed for illumination.

Also they did a item on "The Hot Dog King" in NY
    It seems that he has been giving out free hot dogs to neighbors in his area for years, usually 50+ a day.
    Oh, I meant to include this....
    I get a 'daily thing' sometimes a word, or a gratitude, or thought, etc.
    The one today really made me think for a bit...interesting....perspective... :)

WORD FOR THE DAY
    Look at your feet. You are standing in the sky. When we think of the sky, we tend to look up, but the sky actually begins at the earth.

DIANE ACKERMAN

Thanks for the Daily Thing :)
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Dinner tonight was at a Cuban restaurant. J had a veggie sandwich wrap and I had Arroz con Pollo, which I will also be having for breakfast I think. Or lunch, but probably breakfast.

Quite nice, but the place seemed to have a very limited menu so we probably won't go back, but it was fun trying it out.
    Hi Ed
    I have the NS Arroz Con Pollo lunches in the cupboard, I feel like one every now and then :)

Limited menu, hmm...
    I wonder if that means the other dishes they had in the past did not sell or that they are new and will be adding something or...

Hopefully the foods You both had were tasty.
    Over a year ago, J found a vegan "Jello" substitute and bought a box, on a whim. Tonight I finally got around to making it, and it's in the fridge now. Will let you know how it tastes, but since it has to stay in there until at least midnight, I won't be telling you today.

901rfatdwixn.jpeg

Interesting, I would have thought that all current Jello's were animal free. Unless the Gelatin is still animal based?

What a helpful cat :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Quick Good Morning!
    Tom E. has eaten and departed for the day, I'm working on my coffee, and then have a couple things to finish before Ted arrives at 10:30.
    Mosquito spray is about ready to go spray too.

Beard bumps....Tom E. wants to bury his head in the crook of my neck/shoulder...cats are weird. :) I also noticed you had a lap blanket...to keep cat hair off your clothes, or to keep kitty claws out of your legs? Tom E. associates a folded bath towel as 'rocking time'...gets all wound up and hops up into the rocking chair....hard to sit in the chair when there's already a cat in it!!!! LOL!

Roger...those pictures. OUCH...the boat, I don't know why it happened, but bet somebody's in a heap of trouble! Car in the concrete...now that's a problem, as are the other two cars. As for the stair way...that is a health hazard!!! You could break your fool neck trying to go down stairs...and be stone cold sober to boot!

Ok,, little black box says Roger posted... and then I gotta go....
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger,
    Glad you reminded me...that little ole lady needs to grab a big black trash bag, and shuffle down the street.... and one day I am going to get SHOT. Not from cleaning up the street, but yesterday it was all I could do to hold my tongue...walking out of Publix, carrying 2 bags of groceries, a car pulls into a parking spot, door opens, and a McDonalds coffee cup falls out onto the parking lot, and this dude gets out, looks at it on the ground, closes his door, and walks away....as that old gray haired woman GLARED at him. I had a few choice words, but decided I wanted to live a few more days at least. People are just somehow so damn lazy, slovenly, (add a dozen words of your own) grrrrrr!!

Roger other than corn, what other food did you say makes you feel hot? I find that really interesting. Corn as a complex carb breaks down slowly, as do potatoes, sweet potatoes, beans, etc. That's why they like fiber have a great satiety value. I can eat a nuked faux baked potato and be full for 4-5 hours, etc. I'm just curious. I find things like this interesting. (bet you'd have never guessed. :) )

Ok, time is not waiting for me this morning...

Later...

• parityanimal
    Roger, gelatin itself is animal based. Even iff they could/can synthesize it in a laboratory, there really isn't a need as there are several plant based alternatives, though at the grocery stores it does seem there is ALWAYS room for Jello (sound familiar?) but finding the plant based alternatives is still sometimes a bit tricky, though it is getting easier over time.

Gelatin is even an ingredient in regular marshmallows, and finding vegetarian marshmallows can be fun too. In my opinion they taste exactly the same but I guess it's more expensive to make the vegetarian ones since the equipment isn't normally set up for that at the big manufacturers.

• parityanimal
    Here's what the Jel dessert looked like, in an individual serving ramekin, after sitting in the refrigerator overnight.

It made 4 servings according to the box, so I divided it up into 4 servings when I mixed it up.

Not nearly as red as the picture on the box, which was just fine by me as I would just as soon they not add all that food coloring anyway.

Looked like Jello. Tasted like Jello. 19 grams of carb per serving, all sugar.

Unlike Jello, no protein at all, and so, I guess, not much nutritional value, if any.

wyq2t8k4zve1.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

70 out there now with an expected high of 87 and 20% chance of rain.

Up early because my van has an appointment at a dealer to check on erratic dinging, and flickering lights. Hopefully just a loose belt or the like, but of course we'll see, assuming I can even get the van to the dealer...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    Boy, did I have rain yesterday! Ted mowed the lawn, I sprayed my DIY Mosquito spray, and trimmed and edged...We chatted, he changed the batteries on my 'weather station', and got it sync'd with the outdoor part...he left early afternoon...and about 3 hours later it started..and when I looked this morning I was really surprised...2.25 inches of rain yesterday and perhaps some overnight? Wowza!

Laundry and some cooking...def. making lentils and a supply of rice, and some salad dressing, (time for some T Crack again)...and maybe a Paprika sauce if I still feel like making more 'refrigerator staples'

Ed, hope your van issues are something very small and cheap!

Note to self: I need to go to Honda and actually have my oil changed...its finally below 50%. oil life.

Hope Roger's having a nice walk.... will come back later to catch up!
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2017

These are all Radio Control Models, Skilled builders.

uMa9NB.jpg
    F4 Phantom

i60t6L.jpg
    WartHog

yO79KX.jpg
    German TriMotor WWII

0lROSq.jpg
    British Imperial Airways markings

Iwgo1I.jpg
    More WWII Planes
  • RogerToo
    lHgJia.jpg

eSJvuy.jpg
    Song Lyrics :)

vKtWlR.jpg

iBpfXS.png

UoaUPn.jpg

JIc3yM.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking for an hour, The temperature this morning was 64 on the news channel and 62 degrees on the front porch. By the time I got back home the temperature was 74 in the shade.
    Then I mowed the lawn for a half hour...

Have a Great Monday
    Roger