Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,201 Member
    And here's another man having a not so great day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp-KzU12Eh8
  • parityanimal
    And now, back to the gas station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=414NIgb9NzU
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I walked for an hour, 4700 steps + 0 Cents during today's 2 mile walk. The temperature this morning was 70 on the news channel and 70 degrees on the front porch.There was a shower Overnight which is forecast to be followed by heavier rain today with part of NJ getting rain from 1/2 inch to 2 inches depending on where You are in the state :(

http://krqe.com/2017/07/05/victims-say-they-feel-sorry-for-thief-who-ran-car-into-sinkhole/
    Victims say they feel sorry for thief who ran car into sinkhole
    By KRQE News 13 and Brianna Gallegos Published: July 5, 2017, 5:20 pm
    ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A lot of people in and around Albuquerque have their cars stolen, but most of them don’t end up seeing their cars on the news, especially sticking out of a sinkhole.
    bur6BR.jpg

Now, the owners of that car are saying they feel sorry for the thief.
    For weeks, the owners of the car were wondering if they would ever get it back when police told them their car was found — and its condition, it hit them hard.
    After police confirmed the car that fell into a sinkhole in Rio Rancho on Monday was stolen, they also revealed what was inside.
    “It contained drug paraphernalia and a few other items that indicates that somebody had potentially been living in it,” Rio Rancho Police Lieutenant J. Holt said.
    Tanner Myer and Kylie Pollan own that car. They say they feel bad for the woman.
    “I hope for her to have an opportunity to sober up and get clean,” Myers said.
    “I heard she was living in it, so I mean, she obviously needed it a little more than us,” Pollan said.
    The Albuquerque couple says that doesn’t mean they didn’t need their car, which was the only car they owned.
    “We work really hard for what we had. This was our first big purchase and it was a part of us. It helped us get to work, get food, get to the doctor. We had a car for a reason,” Pollan said.
    Now, the two just want to move forward.
    “No reason to stay mad. Being mad takes a lot of energy,” Pollan said.
    Instead, they’re focusing on what’s next. They say their insurance is good but won’t cover it all.
    “The only thing bad is we have to purchase a new car, put a down payment, but we didn’t think this was going to happen so we didn’t have a saving for this,” Pollan said.
    As for how the car was stolen, they say it was taken in the middle of the night.
    The couple says they are just thankful no one was hurt.
    The family says the car is a total loss. They hope police will release it soon so the insurance claim can go into effect.
    Police say the unidentified woman who took off from the crash scene is still on the run. They also say she had a dog with her.

http://newschannel9.com/news/offbeat/albuquerque-tv-truck-stolen-while-crew-worked-on-crime-story
    Albuquerque TV truck stolen while crew worked on crime story
    ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) —
    While a television news crew was gathering footage for a story about crime in the Albuquerque downtown area, a thief drove off in the station's SUV.
    The Albuquerque Journal reported the story June 23 about the KOB-TV truck.
    KOB News Director Michelle Donaldson says the vehicle was recovered within a half hour without police assistance by following the GPS tracking device that was on board.
    She says the thief had fled the scene and the SUV was locked with the keys missing.
    The crew was in the area reporting on recent concerns about crime and safety.
    Donaldson says it's ironic that KOB became victims of a crime in exactly the area they were reporting about.
    She says that violates the rule of never being the lead story of your own newscast.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    HwBwK2.jpg

R0BKHO.jpg
    How and Why would the cat do that ?

OExCRS.jpg

J7OePO.jpg

nNrna7.jpg
    I hate it when that happens :)

RcuoMj.jpg
  • RogerToo
    I have three cross cut slices of beef shank slow cooking in my largest crock pot to, hopefully, make a tasty soup with. I'll add the vegetables later, after I've deboned and chopped/shredded the beef.

It's been in there nearly 4 hours now and is starting to smell quite nice.
    Hi Ed
    Cross cut, I'm guessing that is across the grain ?
    I'll bet it does smell good cooking too.
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 72 out there now with an expected high of 86 and 60% chance of rain.

I might get that laundry actually folded today, after my opthalmologist appointment.
    I actually try and get my laundry folded while it is still warm, I find that the items are not wrinkled that way. If I miss doing that, AKA Forget it is there, then I run the dryer enough to warm it up :)

Since it already rained overnight I'm going with a definite 100% chance of rain for today :smiley:

Good luck at the Eye Doc.
    Roger, the overdue for a eye exam person.
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2017
    Hi Valerie
    I did not go far today, Yesterday I walked through a park that I had not been in since last year and this year I got eaten up by the bugs :( Thus I did not have a good nights sleep last night and I have noticed that a poor nights sleep equals a shorter walk due to lack of energy.

One more must do, Well actually should do thing.
    I need to go in the basement and bring up frozen for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning! (Where the heck was Valerie yesterday?)
    Into this and that...did some cleaning, made some messes in the kitchen which I didn't clean up til last night, made a tiny grocery run, chatted with DS1 who's leaving for the beach tomorrow morning, quick grilled some veggies and pineapple for dinner while the big black clouds would set in, wind would blow, and then it would blow over, each time (twice) I thought for sure I'd get soaked...never did rain!
    Trash is at the street waiting on the guys to pick it up...going to make a quick WalMart run for a couple little toys/games to entertain my great niece and nephew while my niece and my SIL chat over lunch. Then home and whatever. Probably run the dishwasher, and clean some more on the lovely sweet spot on my carpet. ??What you are saying??? Well, many many years ago I had foot pain, and my Primary Doc gave me some 'off the wall' instructions on how to fix/deal with it...in short, get a small frozen can of OJ, and several times a day put it on the floor, and your foot over it heel to toe and back toe to heel for a few minutes...refreeze the juice for next time. SO, one morning I remembered that, (its for plantar fasciititis) but I thought it might help...so Wednesday I bought my BIG juice can...I can't seem to find a small one anymore, and last night I was running my foot over it....and it leaked...pink lemonade on my white carpet, under the table in the dining room....unhappy rabbit. I'll keep working on it, but I think I do see a visit from Stanley Steamer in my near future. :(

Ok, gotta get rolling.

Oh, Ed thanks for the tutorial on Feline Leukemia...teach me to listen/believe the TV news!! There several animal control centers in various counties closed because of it...and story remains same...highly contagious, 3 week quarantine, shelters closed.... I'm glad that its not that contagious, and that lots of little kitties aren't going to succumb to it. They (news) compared it to Parvo that puppies get.???? I have no idea if that parts true now either.

Roger, good morning! I know you're out walking, or eating breakfast. Will check in
    Later...
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Ed
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 72 out there now with an expected high of 86 and 60% chance of rain.

I might get that laundry actually folded today, after my opthalmologist appointment.
    I actually try and get my laundry folded while it is still warm, I find that the items are not wrinkled that way. If I miss doing that, AKA Forget it is there, then I run the dryer enough to warm it up :)

Since it already rained overnight I'm going with a definite 100% chance of rain for today :smiley:

It was across the grain. Soup is great and I have a lot of it.

I get the wrinklable stuff folded/hung immediately but the towels and socks don't really matter. I still usually run it for a few minutes to warm them up anyway. What's in there is towels and socks.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited July 2017
    Good Saturday morning!
    Not sure why I'm awake, but you can be sure I will be sleeping late today:)
  • parityanimal
    Well, I see it's definitely "ladies first" this morning. I was asleep at 1:44.

Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 71out there now with an expected high of 88 and 50% chance of showers.

We have orchid judging photography today.

Lilo has been fed, I've eaten, and the sink is cleared. Maybe fold laundry after Lilo gets out of my lap.

I dreamed that Google overlaid the moon with an analog clock face, that I noticed while J was driving us aimlessly around in the dream. I tried to tell him about the clock face but when we looked, it had changed to a digital readout of time and weather.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Puddles sings us some Roger Miller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE4ku_xxoWI
  • parityanimal
    This one makes me hungry, and I already ate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNddKQy1kW8
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I only walked up for a cup of coffee. The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 70 degrees on the front porch.
    There is a reason for the shortened walk. Yesterday ended up being a long day, where I did not get to bed until 1.5 hours late. and then sleep came 2 hours further on.
    Why was it a long day You me be asking?
    My brother and I went to the Van Horne House
    http://www.heritagetrail.org/van_horne_house.htm
    History has taken many forms at the Van Horne House over the past 300 years, reflecting Somerset County's history. The house and its site has seen the tracks of Native Americans, the development of early settlements, the struggles of the American Revolution and the growth of commerce and industry.

n April 1777 at the Battle of Bound Brook, Lord Cornwallis' troops marched to the house and skirmished with Patriot troops in hopes of capturing Patriot officers staying at the Van Hornes, but without any luck. General Benjamin Lincoln, who had been at the house escaped into the hills, "clad only in his breeches," according to one account.
    More info via the link.
    Which is the most likely reason for the baseball teams name :)
    http://somersetpatriots.com/tickets/single_game_tickets/?utm_source=SDM&utm_medium=Search/CPC&utm_campaign=Tickets
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somerset_Patriots
    The Patriots are the winningest franchise of the Atlantic League, capturing six Championship Series titles in 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, and most recently, 2015.

The "Patriots" name refers to the Middlebrook encampment where the first official flag of the United States was unfurled, after a law to adopt a national flag had been passed by Congress on June 14, 1777. By special order of Congress, a 13-star flag is flown 24 hours a day at the Washington Camp Ground, part of the former Middlebrook encampment, in Bridgewater Township.

Anyway I took 2 Turkey Salad Sandwiches, some Raw Cauliflower, A Orange of some kind and a Protein shake + 2 Bottles of water to the Picnic part of the evening, Resisted the lure of the Ice Cream Truck, Did not resist the lure of Franny going to get Chinese for 4 people and added a Pork Egg Roll :(
    Then We sat an talked for a while, until the Fireworks went up around 10PM and then were stuck in traffic to get home. The Fireworks were from the Patriot Teams TD Bank ballpark across the street from the Van Horne House. They do Fireworks for home ballgames throughout the summer. Friday was close enough to the 4h of July and we were there this year as we were last year.
    The weather was OK with a nice breeze, It started to sprinkle around 9:30 and we thought about relocating inside, however the rain only threw a few stray drops our way and all was well. I had a really comfortable Folding chair to sit on and I took the backpack to carry the victuals in which made the trip to and from the car easy.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    pDJEh5.jpg
    Cats do the weirdest things

jnZNu5.jpg

0AR7Gd.jpg

0CZtbt.jpg

KbkpM3.jpg

F0RUkX.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning! (Where the heck was Valerie yesterday?)
    Into this and that...did some cleaning, made some messes in the kitchen which I didn't clean up til last night, made a tiny grocery run, chatted with DS1 who's leaving for the beach tomorrow morning, quick grilled some veggies and pineapple for dinner while the big black clouds would set in, wind would blow, and then it would blow over, each time (twice) I thought for sure I'd get soaked...never did rain!
    Trash is at the street waiting on the guys to pick it up...going to make a quick WalMart run for a couple little toys/games to entertain my great niece and nephew while my niece and my SIL chat over lunch. Then home and whatever. Probably run the dishwasher, and clean some more on the lovely sweet spot on my carpet. ??What you are saying??? Well, many many years ago I had foot pain, and my Primary Doc gave me some 'off the wall' instructions on how to fix/deal with it...in short, get a small frozen can of OJ, and several times a day put it on the floor, and your foot over it heel to toe and back toe to heel for a few minutes...refreeze the juice for next time. SO, one morning I remembered that, (its for plantar fasciititis) but I thought it might help...so Wednesday I bought my BIG juice can...I can't seem to find a small one anymore, and last night I was running my foot over it....and it leaked...pink lemonade on my white carpet, under the table in the dining room....unhappy rabbit. I'll keep working on it, but I think I do see a visit from Stanley Steamer in my near future. :(
    Hi Valerie
    Well the good news if You can call it that is, Stanley Steemer does a good job, cleans up afterwards and will even clean furniture :) Ask me how I know that one :) And they are reasonably affordable.

It could be worse I dropped some Chinese Takeout on the rug and even Stanley could not get it spotless :(

Ok, gotta get rolling.

Oh, Ed thanks for the tutorial on Feline Leukemia...teach me to listen/believe the TV news!! There several animal control centers in various counties closed because of it...and story remains same...highly contagious, 3 week quarantine, shelters closed.... I'm glad that its not that contagious, and that lots of little kitties aren't going to succumb to it. They (news) compared it to Parvo that puppies get.???? I have no idea if that parts true now either.

Roger, good morning! I know you're out walking, or eating breakfast. Will check in
    Later...
    I am running late today, I tried sleeping when I got home with the coffee as It keeps hot in the Yeti Cup nicely. I am still drinking it too depite it being 3 hours later and it is still warm enough despite the ice I put in the cup ahead of the coffee to bring the temperature down enough to drink right away.
    Good Saturday morning!
    Not sure why I'm awake, but you can be sure I will be sleeping late today:)
    I hope I can get a Nap, or power nap later today too.

Good Luck
    Roger

Is there TMI in my first post?
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Ed

It was across the grain. Soup is great and I have a lot of it.

I get the wrinklable stuff folded/hung immediately but the towels and socks don't really matter. I still usually run it for a few minutes to warm them up anyway. What's in there is towels and socks.
    Hi Ed
    Thank You for that feedback, Makes sense to me :)
    Well, I see it's definitely "ladies first" this morning. I was asleep at 1:44.

Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 71out there now with an expected high of 88 and 50% chance of showers.

We have orchid judging photography today.

Lilo has been fed, I've eaten, and the sink is cleared. Maybe fold laundry after Lilo gets out of my lap.

I dreamed that Google overlaid the moon with an analog clock face, that I noticed while J was driving us aimlessly around in the dream. I tried to tell him about the clock face but when we looked, it had changed to a digital readout of time and weather.
    So far it is looking like a beautiful day and when the Humidity drops tomorrow will be even better.

Have fun at the Orchid Judging
    This one makes me hungry, and I already ate!
    Death by Chocolate :) If I made that cake I would end up eating all of it, no half measures for me, No Sir :)

Cheers
    Roger