Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    ecDEqR.jpg

b7A1EK.gif

P7Y1wL.jpg

92xxRf.jpg
    So that's what happened, I wondered :)

6p3cQb.jpg

wBrotR.jpg
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    Wow, first one here ??

I decided to enjoy the Holiday and am taking the day off from walking :)

Have a happy 4th of July
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,201 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 69 now with an expected high of 88. 40 percent chance of rain.

I need to get to Kroger today and buy a few things. No clue yet what will be food today. Maybe I'll make some potato salad at least.

I need to clear the sink of a few dishes and perhaps ponder a little laundry.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Irish people taste 4th of July treats!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvmpDuwm0A0
  • parityanimal
    This restaurant follows Queen Victoria's dining rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNsZkYMc3II
  • parityanimal
    Barbecue's best kept secret?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i4oiEG4iuw
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning....or should I say 'boom...boom boom...wait for it....BOOM' You can sure tell that GA has lifted the ban on fireworks. They've made a bundle of tax money...and people have been shooting fireworks for days now....... :)

I've read thru the posts, and read the cartoons, and watched all but one of the food Utubes from Ed...

Slow start around here today...slept til 8, ok, since if I want to see fireworks, I'll have to stay up later than usual. Ankle hurts like nobody's business this morning, and last nights trip to the bathroom. So, taking Aleve, and may have to reconsider that injection that Dr Frank suggested the day he gave me the ankle brace.... :(

I have a skillet to scour in the sink, and one 1.5 quart sauce pan soaking...then I will plop both into the dishwasher and get that running. The wind direction has changed or something, as the humidity level has fallen!!! Feels great out, and its in the upper 70's or 80 in town. So I think I hear Mother Nature inviting me out...I'm ok with that!

Roger I have no idea if the bread would work in my IP...but not eating bread hardly ever, I'm not going to make any either. Sorry! (and it would be a waste of good dark beer) LOL..not much of a beer drinker, but on occasion a good stout...I'm good for about half a can!!!! LOL!
    In my 'Vegan under pressure' cookbook there are 3 or 4 cake recipe's, and again as many 'cheesecake' recipe's..I've never been a fan of cheese cake made conventionally, so I'm skipping over the fake ones!! All that said...I expect your bread recipe would work in the IP. It might need a liquid adjustment, as the IP does not evaporate liquid like baking or stove top cooking does...

Ok, needless to say Tom E's been fed, petted, given his treats and is out the door for the day. My turn to eat!!! I may just enjoy reheating my rice and beans, and sautéing some spinach or chard. I ate a banana already, but it was awhile ago, and I'm hungry!!!

Later...
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    86itugwrlt5y.jpeg
  • parityanimal
    I'm doing a lazy 4th. I bought Kentucky Fried Taco Bell for lunch and a rack of pre-cooked barbecued baby back ribs at Kroger for dinner, along with a small tub of egg mustard potato salad. I've been making so many baked beans lately that I am NOT making baked beans for the 4th. I will make some of J's grandmother's potato salad and some deviled eggs though. And some baked, barbecued tofu for him that can bake while my ribs are warming up.

• GardenKatGardens
    Ed, I snitched the dogs planning for tonite....Ted's white husky Maya freaks over fireworks and thunder...she 'hides' in his bath tub! No idea why...but thats where she feels safe, even when he's home.
    Ted is the kid who sends me 'Caterday' cartoons about cats, so this is quite appropriate on several levels!
  • GardenKatGardens
    I also don't think every darn holiday that appears on our calendars has to have a banquet of food! So I think your ribs from Kroger and your sides are perfect! I was going to make Ted's excellent 'eggless egg salad'...decided what I really want is fajita's of peppers, onions, and thick sliced and sautéd portabella mushrooms. Couple ears of sweet corn, and a side salad, and I'll be just a little less happy than if I won tonites Mega Millions! LOL!!!! Yep, pretty darn happy. Eggless salad tomorrow! :)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

70 out there now with an expected high of 90 and 40% chance of rain. We're scheduled to see no-name this morning, as her "hold" period that the shelter insisted on is supposed to be over and we're scheduled to go in and make our final adoption decision. Pretty sure that will be to adopt.

Lilo has been fed. Need to go eat my breakfast.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Kroger's ribs were decent (half or so are left), Kroger's egg mustard potato salad the same, and as it was the very small tub, half or so of that is also left.

J ate probably 1/3 of the barbecued tofu I made for him, along with a hefty serving of his grandmother's potato salad, which I made from her technique

I had one piece of deviled egg and J had 5. No deviled eggs are left.

For dessert, we each had a small serving of "red, white and blue" cherry, apple, and blueberry pie with a scoop of ice cream. Basically it was one of the very small, probably intended for a single serving, pies and we split it. That sounded better to me than a large pie or cake, or a box of cookies, and I knew we'd eat it all up and not have leftover dessert.

Well, there actually is still some ice cream in the freezer, but eating one or two scoops at a time it takes us a while to get through a medium sized tub of it, and there was already about half a tub in there so I didn't even buy any ice cream.

I'll have one more meal of the barbecue, sans dessert, and J will have at least one more. And he can have several snacks or sides of the remaining potato salad I made. I always make a fairly big bowl of it because he really enjoys it and it brings back memories of his grandmother. Also, I don't make it too often, so he doesn't get tired of it. That potato salad, and my deviled eggs, are recipes I tend to save for holidays and special occasions so he can usually count on them if he's home for a given holiday, and know that he will have plenty of food to eat.

• parityanimal
    Ed, I snitched the dogs planning for tonite....Ted's white husky Maya freaks over fireworks and thunder...she 'hides' in his bath tub! No idea why...but thats where she feels safe, even when he's home.
    Ted is the kid who sends me 'Caterday' cartoons about cats, so this is quite appropriate on several levels!

I heard a lot of fireworks last night, much more than the rest of the holiday weekend. Some sounded quite close too.

Lilo wasn't too bent out of shape by it all, but she did tend to stay nearby. She's been a little more clingy though since Ariel's death. I think she's missing Ariel, or at least feeling lonely when she's home alone. She can't really interact with the sugar gliders, and while I don't know that she and Ariel interacted all that much when we were out, at least Ariel was here and I'd often come back to find them both lying on the bed. Not too close together, but both there.

Hopefully whatever new cat we bring home won't be much of an issue with her, once they settle who's boss. Which will be Lilo.

She's been the boss since Alice died, as Alice's sister Sunnie (from the same litter) wasn't interested in the job and followed her sister to heaven about six months later.

All right. Enough about deceased pets.

Later, gators.
  • parityanimal
    Famous movie roles actors/actresses were afraid to take:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7LWeLreGDY