Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,201 Member
    Cat doesn't want her owner to leave and claims his suitcase:

https://rumble.com/v3cydf-kitty-loves-the-suitcase.html
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I walked for an 1 hour during today's walk. The temperature this morning was 69 on the news channel and 69 degrees on the front porch with higher humidity level in the forecast, also Thunderstorms later today or tomorrow :( I'll be out later going to the bank and the produce shop for bananas. I have been getting some Raspberries off of the bushes out back and yesterday I found two ripe Blackberries in with all the unripened ones that are still going from green to red on their way to turning black.

Yesterday, the 4th of July I blew the diet all to tiny little pieces :)
    All the following items in the Lunch were Home Made by my Brother.
    Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Baked Beans, Pastrami, Spare Ribs cooked using my Brothers Own Dry Rub. It was all tasty however I am feeling it today :(
    Dinner was a Pear, and Protein Shake.

Today's lunch will depend to a certain extent on whether my brother brings home leftover foods from his meeting later today.

In NJ we can now legally buy sparklers and Poppers, Big Whoopee... The Sparklers did sell out from what I saw on the TV this morning.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning....or should I say 'boom...boom boom...wait for it....BOOM' You can sure tell that GA has lifted the ban on fireworks. They've made a bundle of tax money...and people have been shooting fireworks for days now....... :)

I've read thru the posts, and read the cartoons, and watched all but one of the food Utubes from Ed...

Slow start around here today...slept til 8, ok, since if I want to see fireworks, I'll have to stay up later than usual. Ankle hurts like nobody's business this morning, and last nights trip to the bathroom. So, taking Aleve, and may have to reconsider that injection that Dr Frank suggested the day he gave me the ankle brace.... :(
    HI Valerie
    We have people shooting off fireworks even though they are not Legal except for the newly made legal items.

I hope that pesky ankle gets better for You quickly.
    I have a skillet to scour in the sink, and one 1.5 quart sauce pan soaking...then I will plop both into the dishwasher and get that running. The wind direction has changed or something, as the humidity level has fallen!!! Feels great out, and its in the upper 70's or 80 in town. So I think I hear Mother Nature inviting me out...I'm ok with that!

Roger I have no idea if the bread would work in my IP...but not eating bread hardly ever, I'm not going to make any either. Sorry! (and it would be a waste of good dark beer) LOL..not much of a beer drinker, but on occasion a good stout...I'm good for about half a can!!!! LOL!
    In my 'Vegan under pressure' cookbook there are 3 or 4 cake recipe's, and again as many 'cheesecake' recipe's..I've never been a fan of cheese cake made conventionally, so I'm skipping over the fake ones!! All that said...I expect your bread recipe would work in the IP. It might need a liquid adjustment, as the IP does not evaporate liquid like baking or stove top cooking does...

Ok, needless to say Tom E's been fed, petted, given his treats and is out the door for the day. My turn to eat!!! I may just enjoy reheating my rice and beans, and sautéing some spinach or chard. I ate a banana already, but it was awhile ago, and I'm hungry!!!

Later...
    If I said my Brother has some Dark Stout sitting on the shelf until he gets the urge for more beer bread :)
    I also don't think every darn holiday that appears on our calendars has to have a banquet of food! So I think your ribs from Kroger and your sides are perfect! I was going to make Ted's excellent 'eggless egg salad'...decided what I really want is fajita's of peppers, onions, and thick sliced and sautéd portabella mushrooms. Couple ears of sweet corn, and a side salad, and I'll be just a little less happy than if I won tonites Mega Millions! LOL!!!! Yep, pretty darn happy. Eggless salad tomorrow! :)

Later...

Well the holidays may not need a feast, However my Brother always goes overboard with traditional foods for all Holidays. Turkey for Thanksgiving, Ham for Christmas etc.

I'm guessing Tofu to replace the Eggs?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

70 out there now with an expected high of 90 and 40% chance of rain. We're scheduled to see no-name this morning, as her "hold" period that the shelter insisted on is supposed to be over and we're scheduled to go in and make our final adoption decision. Pretty sure that will be to adopt.

Lilo has been fed. Need to go eat my breakfast.
    Hi Ed
    Good Luck with the adoption
    Kroger's ribs were decent (half or so are left), Kroger's egg mustard potato salad the same, and as it was the very small tub, half or so of that is also left.

J ate probably 1/3 of the barbecued tofu I made for him, along with a hefty serving of his grandmother's potato salad, which I made from her technique

I had one piece of deviled egg and J had 5. No deviled eggs are left.

For dessert, we each had a small serving of "red, white and blue" cherry, apple, and blueberry pie with a scoop of ice cream. Basically it was one of the very small, probably intended for a single serving, pies and we split it. That sounded better to me than a large pie or cake, or a box of cookies, and I knew we'd eat it all up and not have leftover dessert.
    I have found that I like the Ribs from CostCo although since they have a Sauce on them they can be messy to eat :)

I had forgotten to mention also Home made deviled eggs, all gone as of Dinnertime on the 4th

The only single serve pies I see in this area are the ones in the convenience stores and they are mainly fruit flavored with sometimes a minuscule piece of real fruit.
    Well, there actually is still some ice cream in the freezer, but eating one or two scoops at a time it takes us a while to get through a medium sized tub of it, and there was already about half a tub in there so I didn't even buy any ice cream.

I'll have one more meal of the barbecue, sans dessert, and J will have at least one more. And he can have several snacks or sides of the remaining potato salad I made. I always make a fairly big bowl of it because he really enjoys it and it brings back memories of his grandmother. Also, I don't make it too often, so he doesn't get tired of it. That potato salad, and my deviled eggs, are recipes I tend to save for holidays and special occasions so he can usually count on them if he's home for a given holiday, and know that he will have plenty of food to eat.
    There is some leftover Potato salad, Macaroni Salad and Baked Beans, I must be strong :)
    Ed, I snitched the dogs planning for tonite....Ted's white husky Maya freaks over fireworks and thunder...she 'hides' in his bath tub! No idea why...but thats where she feels safe, even when he's home.
    Ted is the kid who sends me 'Caterday' cartoons about cats, so this is quite appropriate on several levels!

I heard a lot of fireworks last night, much more than the rest of the holiday weekend. Some sounded quite close too.

Lilo wasn't too bent out of shape by it all, but she did tend to stay nearby. She's been a little more clingy though since Ariel's death. I think she's missing Ariel, or at least feeling lonely when she's home alone. She can't really interact with the sugar gliders, and while I don't know that she and Ariel interacted all that much when we were out, at least Ariel was here and I'd often come back to find them both lying on the bed. Not too close together, but both there.

Hopefully whatever new cat we bring home won't be much of an issue with her, once they settle who's boss. Which will be Lilo.

She's been the boss since Alice died, as Alice's sister Sunnie (from the same litter) wasn't interested in the job and followed her sister to heaven about six months later.

All right. Enough about deceased pets.

Later, gators.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2017
    Well KITTEN!

We got to the shelter and they now have a quarantine on all cats until the 15th because of a case of feline leukemia.

So we have to wait another 10 days before we can finalize adoption and then wait until they have her spayed before we can pick her up.

It's annoying, but we do want to be sure we aren't bringing home a cat who's about to die, so we wait. Somewhat patiently...and it gives me more time to cycle through names in my head.

We just keep telling ourselves there's a reason for all this and even though we may not know why, it's all for the best.

The lady at the front seemed to think that an "owner" could possibly come around to claim the cat, but I really think she was surrendered and that maybe she doesn't know that. I certainly hope so. Don't want to "steal" someone else's cat but then if the prior owner hasn't come to the shelter looking for her by now, I suspect they won't be coming around.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Irish people try American meatloaf!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QINoRKH_77E
  • RogerToo
    Well KITTEN!

We got to the shelter and they now have a quarantine on all cats until the 15th because of a case of feline leukemia.

So we have to wait another 10 days before we can finalize adoption and then wait until they have her spayed before we can pick her up.

It's annoying, but we do want to be sure we aren't bringing home a cat who's about to die, so we wait. Somewhat patiently...and it gives me more time to cycle through names in my head.

We just keep telling ourselves there's a reason for all this and even though we may not know why, it's all for the best.

The lady at the front seemed to think that an "owner" could possibly come around to claim the cat, but I really think she was surrendered and that maybe she doesn't know that. I certainly hope so. Don't want to "steal" someone else's cat but then if the prior owner hasn't come to the shelter looking for her by now, I suspect they won't be coming around.
    Hi Ed
    It sounds as if You caught my problem. If it wasn't for bad luck , I would have no luck at allitis.

As You say better safe than sorry, I know You do not want to bring a sick Kitten home. Is Feline leukemia catching ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Shopping day, whew! All done except to bag up the mustard greens that I washed when I got them home...and I've eaten my lunch of beans, rice, and spinach.

My buddy Marietta has an ear infection from her flight home. She can't hear, except faintly she reported in an email. The evil little part of me really wanted to say 'Welcome to my world'..but decided against it. When you're sick and feel like shiitake you really don't need to be harassed by a smarty pants :)

I only had a couple rounds of sprinkles yesterday...though in town they got drenched! Stopped in time for the big fireworks show... There were lots of 'shooters' setting off noisy stuff close by and for most of the day too! Some grumps on the news complaining about the noise...sad people.

I don't know too much else today.... oh, in answer to your question Roger, yes feline leukemia is very contagious. And there are several county animal adoption places shut down and other pet adoption places. No, it would be catastrophic for Ed and J to bring home a sick kitten and lose Lilo too. (pun was not intended).

Ok, out and about for a little while then chat with Jack.

Later...

• parityanimal
    Feline leukemia is not highly contagious, but it is contagious. More likely over a longer period of time.

It is not always fatal and some cats can get through stage one and kind of beat the odds but it generally weakens the immune system and makes the cat more susceptible to other infections.

We'd rather not expose Lilo to that if we can help it.
  • parityanimal
    71 89 20

Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 71 out there with an expected high of 89 and 20% chance of rain.

Need to get some laundry folded and a little bit cleared out of the sink.

Maybe a run to Kroger for a few things.

But now...to breakfast.

Lilo has had hers. My broiled hot dogs will take a few minutes.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    How to make Victoria sandwiches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpSTc1OKhqA
  • RogerToo
    EGVr1k.gif

k8kS7b.gif
    So True too

xx05Kd.gif

LvVDS1.jpg

oJzvRA.gif

nDc2n8.gif
    Ship's Rats means Rations as I understand it :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked for an 1.5 hours, 8263 steps + 0 Cents during today's walk. The temperature this morning was 72 on the news channel and 70 degrees on the front porch, also a chance of light showers followed by heavier rain into Friday and a 100% chance of rain on Friday :(

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Shopping day, whew! All done except to bag up the mustard greens that I washed when I got them home...and I've eaten my lunch of beans, rice, and spinach.

My buddy Marietta has an ear infection from her flight home. She can't hear, except faintly she reported in an email. The evil little part of me really wanted to say 'Welcome to my world'..but decided against it. When you're sick and feel like shiitake you really don't need to be harassed by a smarty pants :)

I only had a couple rounds of sprinkles yesterday...though in town they got drenched! Stopped in time for the big fireworks show... There were lots of 'shooters' setting off noisy stuff close by and for most of the day too! Some grumps on the news complaining about the noise...sad people.

I don't know too much else today.... oh, in answer to your question Roger, yes feline leukemia is very contagious. And there are several county animal adoption places shut down and other pet adoption places. No, it would be catastrophic for Ed and J to bring home a sick kitten and lose Lilo too. (pun was not intended).

Ok, out and about for a little while then chat with Jack.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    If I said my hearing is sensitive enough, where I have a problem is separating a single voice if several people are talking. I believe that is a common enough thing too.

To play the devils advocate, maybe the people that are complaining have pets that the noise terrifies ?

Thank You for the Feedback
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Feline leukemia is not highly contagious, but it is contagious. More likely over a longer period of time.

It is not always fatal and some cats can get through stage one and kind of beat the odds but it generally weakens the immune system and makes the cat more susceptible to other infections.

We'd rather not expose Lilo to that if we can help it.

Hi Ed
    Thanks
    The information is interesting, Sort of a parallel to people where one infection weakens the immune system...

I would not want to expose Your cat either.
    71 89 20

Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 71 out there with an expected high of 89 and 20% chance of rain.

Need to get some laundry folded and a little bit cleared out of the sink.

Maybe a run to Kroger for a few things.

But now...to breakfast.

Lilo has had hers. My broiled hot dogs will take a few minutes.
    Thrilling Thursday, beyond that Yes I woke up, not so thrilling, It felt humid and I already had a few light drops of rain hit me while I was walking. Cloudy with no Sunlight.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    I have three cross cut slices of beef shank slow cooking in my largest crock pot to, hopefully, make a tasty soup with. I'll add the vegetables later, after I've deboned and chopped/shredded the beef.

It's been in there nearly 4 hours now and is starting to smell quite nice.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 72 out there now with an expected high of 86 and 60% chance of rain.

I might get that laundry actually folded today, after my opthalmologist appointment.

Hopefully my day will go better than this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln4IYcJ2xB8