Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I did not do some walking this Morning and thus found + 0 Cents. The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer, Daytime high temperatures are forecast to hang around for another day or two in the mid 80s or higher :(

Interesting Link, I found it interesting :)
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41330272
    Singapore baggage handler 'swapped hundreds of tags'
    From the BBC News 20 September 2017
    b][/b]
    Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,206 Member
    Poor Man's Panna Cotta *Vegan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHeVlfGY8Us
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 66 out there now with an expected high of 90 and 20% chance of rain, along with a POLLEN ALERT! I think summer wants to go out with a flare!

The wine crate did not appear to have been tampered with. The way it was packed it would have been obvious if someone had opened it and tried to re-seal it, even though the tape at the bottom was actually broken by the time it arrived. They don't use a heavy enough tape, IMO, and that is often the case, though the way it's packed it still always seems to make it without the bottom giving way.

But if it had been tampered with, the cardboard would have been somewhat crumpled or bent, as it would have been impossible to have pulled open the cardboard, slide a bottle of wine out, and then tuck the cardboard back in, without further damaging the tape and probably ripping the cardboard or at least leaving it crumpled somewhat.

It seemed pretty clear that it had been all sealed up in the packing process with one bottle simply missing. One friend suggested that the packers were having a rough day and needed something to unwind. :)

I'm sure the $10 store credit was a win for the company as well as a win for me, as shipping a single bottle would probably have cost more for shipping than the price of the bottle, and they still give me better value than what was lost. I still regret the missing bottle but I am sure I can get some more Bobal later. Maybe even order some in the next crate!

I got to the store yesterday, for a few things, including a Taste of Asia Spicy Mongolian Noodle Bowl for J's lunch. I had previously purchased some at Aldi (under their brand name) and he liked them a lot. Since it's unlikely I'll see them again soon (if ever) at Aldi, I happened to see the name brand that Aldi had copied, checked the ingredients to make sure the name brand was also vegetarian, and went for it. It tasted just like the Aldi brand, as expected, and he had a nice lunch. I picked up something for myself from the hot food bar at Publix while I was shopping, and then stopped at Walgreens to pick up a scrip that was ready for me.

Need to get some laundry (yes...that same laundry...) put away from the drier. LOL. I'm really going to do it today. I swear!

Right after I finish making my second cup of tea. I'll let it cool slightly while I get started on the laundry.
    Hi Ed
    Interesting, It does seem that it was shipped short, It happens.

I have a suspicion that the name brand relabeled their product for Aldi's.
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Interesting Links ?, I found it interesting :)
    http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Starbucks-robbery-crime-stabbing-Good-Samaritan-12213420.php

Suspect in Starbucks robbery may sue man who stopped him

By Dianne de Guzman, SFGATE Updated 7:40 am, Wednesday, September 20, 2017

https://www.axios.com/ransomware-hack-targeting-2-million-an-hour-2487583502.html
    b]Ransomware hack targeting 2 million an hour [/b]
    Shannon Vavra 17 hrs ago,

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/economy/article174196456.html
    Smart billboards are checking you out – and making judgments
    By Tim Johnson, September 20, 2017 5:00 AM

Wow, Not Good
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/20/16339612/equifax-tweet-wrong-website-phishing-identity-monitoring
    For weeks, Equifax customer service has been directing victims to a fake phishing site
    by Dani Deahl and Ashley Carman Sep 20, 2017, 1:17pm EDT

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger

I suspect that the suspect (I like that turn of phrasing) won't get far with that silly lawsuit. Now if he had slipped on some spilled coffee or cream, he might have a case...

I received one of those Herbalife emails but knew I hadn't ordered anything from them and didn't need to look at the fake invoice that was attached. The proliferation of hacking has become almost frightening in its volume. I'd like to think that, having worked for years as a computer security expert, I'm "immune" to such things and will never ever be fooled into clicking on them. Let's hope that this turns out to be true.

Those smart billboards can judge me all they want. I've reached an age where I don't give much of a *KITTEN* what anyone thinks of me. LOL. And they can pitch what they want but there, too, I'd hope I'm smart enough not to fall for that.

That Equifax snafu just keeps growing. For a while, the page that they directed you to FROM THEIR OWN HOME PAGE, took you to a site that Google flagged as infected. I don't now if it really was, but it certainly didn't add any confidence in the opinions of Equifax. And now this. Equifax hasn't informed me (as yet) that my information was compromised, but it wouldn't be the first time. I use two factor confirmation where I can to help secure my little bit of stuff, but honestly they wouldn't get much from me even if they did steal my identity as there just isn't that much to get. They'd do better looking for bigger fish...

OK. That drier "refresh" sounds like it has finished so I'm going to put away clothes now. REALLY!
    The Suspect may get some money via a settlement. I had heard of this one in the past.
    https://www.overlawyered.com/2006/09/the-burglar-and-the-skylight-another-debunking-that-isnt/
    the case of Bodine v. Enterprise High School

Ricky Bodine was a 19-year-old high-school graduate who, with three other friends (one of whom had a criminal record), decided the night of March 1, 1982, to steal a floodlight from the roof of the Enterprise High School gymnasium. Ricky climbed the roof, removed the floodlight, lowered it to the ground to his friends, and, as he was walking across the roof (perhaps to steal a second floodlight), he fell through the skylight. Bodine suffered terrible injuries to be sure, though one questions the relevance: if the school is legally responsible for burglars’ safety, it doesn’t matter whether Bodine stubbed a toe or, as actually happened, became a spastic quadriplegic. But I fail to see what it is that reformers are supposedly misrepresenting. A burglar fell through a skylight, and sued the owner of the skylight for his injuries. Bodine sued for $8 million (in 1984 dollars, about $16 million today) and settled for the nuisance sum of $260,000 plus $1200/month for life, about the equivalent of a million dollars in conservatively-estimated 2006 present value.

I get very little spam, I suspect the cable company filters it out?

I am not worried what the Equifax may get from me as much as the annoyance if they do successfully use my information. I have known people that dealt with that and they found it to be a stressful situation.
    Ok. I folded that *KITTEN* laundry! LOL. And Lilo has had her morning Clavamox.
    Whee, Two chores done :)
    Groundcherries. I have NOT had these and may have to look for them the next time I'm at the farmers market.
    If I said those look like what I have seen on the cooking channel shows where the Chefs call them Goosberries. OK I checked it out.
    These are what I always thought of as Gooseberries and they used to grow wild in town.
    uz2oCt.jpg

These are what I see on the cooking shows. Cape Gooseberries AKA Ground Cherries.
    uruWhm.jpg

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good busy Morning!
    laundry ready now for the dryer..sweeper run in hall way, bar, front entrance, laundry, kitchen all nice and tidy.... I've eaten a banana...
    More to do, as its trash to the curb day, and O's gym night. Plus there are seeds to be planted and dreams to dream about red, yellow, white, orange chard!!

I have a safety issue with billboards that have the ability to change like that. I really think they are a bigger distraction than say trying to eat and drive, or some of the other stuff they'll ticket you for...(I do support ticketing people who text while driving, and even at stop signs) But those bill boards are usually interesting enough to make you more than glance at them.
    Hi Valerie
    You have a busy day planned :)

What I notice is just how bright the billboards are and they can do video not just static images, Talk about distracting.
    Equifax may become the very next curse word to emerge on social media. Ed, do you remember Kat from Howard's NS site? She's already had an attempt on her identify. BOA caught it and notified here that someone was applying for credit on her account. While there's nothing in my past or present that would interest anyone, stealing your identity gives them the info to file income taxes in your name... and it takes the IRS 10 - 14 months to resolve the issue, meaning any money you might be due will be quite late!!

Ok, time to move laundry and get this day moving again! OH...first how I got the pudding scared out of me this morning....'thanks Alexa'...I was messing with the phone app for Alexa and requested some music...no big deal..I just wanted to see if it work....well it worked! Only by the time I left my bedroom, I'd forgotten about it, and with my deaf ears, I was in the hall way turning off the house alarm, and I could hear this alarming 'noise' .... not quite a truck noise, not a well functioning motor noise from the A/C, etc. Yep, I was able to hear the bass sounds of some 60's rock music from the Bose speaker in the living room.... I also asked her to alert me at 10 a.m. we'll see very shortly if she does that!

Later...

On the plus side BOA caught it, on the negative side where else did they go and apply?

All You can do with the IRS is file really quick, ASAP and adjust Your withholding so there is not to much there to get or so that You actually owe a little bit...
    Is that the Kat that was on the Old NS site before they closed it down?

I think I'll stick to the keyboard or manually playing things being a old fuddy duddy.
    Home from the gym, laundry folded AND put away, watched the end of the noontime news at home, and soon heading for the kitchen and some lunch!!!
    The rest of the day looks like a couple of u-tube nutrition programs to watch, and O's gym.

later...

It sounds like a productive day.

Enjoy
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 69 out there now with an expected high of 87 and 20% chance of rain.

Need to get the NEW load of laundry folded. It's just from yesterday so it's not as old as the last one was!

Today's "first full day of fall' Google doodle is cute. WWW.GOOGLE.COM and press the play button to see its action.

I've been up for hours but distracted by the usual, and with finishing up the desktop configuration of my Microsoft Surface 3 pad. I found a dock for it on Amazon for just $18, added a powered USB 3 hub, and then an extra USB full sized keyboard (with numeric pad) and an extra USB/Bluetooth wireless travel mouse and it can act as a full desktop machine. Connecting it to the extra monitor I had that I was using as an extended monitor for my iMAC (and can still use, just have to swap the cable from the Surface 3 dock back to the iMAC) and I can then use it to duplicate/enlarge the screen of the pad or extend it. Seems to work nicely either way.

It's about time to find Lilo and give her the morning dose of Clavamox, which will no doubt thrill her...but she'll enjoy the treats afterward. :)

Then brew another mug of tea and see about that laundry.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal

b][/b]

One wonders why anyone would do such a thing. Hopefully most travelers know to take their essential stuff in carryon, such as medicines. But there could still be important stuff for business or personal use, and that's just mean.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Well...it's BIG. Don't know that I'd try to call it a tamale though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_2gzk8Z54c&index=3&list=PLkUFQm9t2lDVIvPpqI8VX8FEIjS1hXMkS
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did not do some walking this Morning and thus found + 0 Cents. The temperature this morning was on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer, Daytime high temperatures are forecast to be well over the norm for the next day or two, The Forecast high for today is 88 to 89 and 90 or higher for Sunday :(

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/stolen-minutes-after-couriers-leave-keys-van-outside-bank/YIBK6IiwaP9pjnDasBzOfJ/
    $1.8M stolen in minutes after couriers leave keys in van outside bank
    Raisa Habersham The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    6:49 p.m Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017

http://www.ajc.com/news/traffic/naked-man-hit-killed-the-middle-dekalb/GDxhSkFfZIWXfan9efDKYL/
    Naked man hit, killed in the middle of I-85 in DeKalb
    Raisa Habersham John Spink The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Updated 1:24 p.m Friday, Sept. 22, 2017

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-09-21/nestl-makes-billions-bottling-water-it-pays-nearly-nothing-for
    Nestlé Makes Billions Bottling Water It Pays Nearly Nothing For
    September 21, 2017, 5:00 AM EDT
    The company’s operation in Michigan reveals how it’s dominated the industry by going into economically depressed areas with lax water laws.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    VXCkdj.gif

maP8Vs.gif

FjHzHn.jpg

KlY5dL.gif

t2JU5L.jpg

uAk9Dj.jpg
    Might not be the best way to do that
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 69 out there now with an expected high of 87 and 20% chance of rain.

Need to get the NEW load of laundry folded. It's just from yesterday so it's not as old as the last one was!

Today's "first full day of fall' Google doodle is cute. WWW.GOOGLE.COM and press the play button to see its action.

I've been up for hours but distracted by the usual, and with finishing up the desktop configuration of my Microsoft Surface 3 pad. I found a dock for it on Amazon for just $18, added a powered USB 3 hub, and then an extra USB full sized keyboard (with numeric pad) and an extra USB/Bluetooth wireless travel mouse and it can act as a full desktop machine. Connecting it to the extra monitor I had that I was using as an extended monitor for my iMAC (and can still use, just have to swap the cable from the Surface 3 dock back to the iMAC) and I can then use it to duplicate/enlarge the screen of the pad or extend it. Seems to work nicely either way.

It's about time to find Lilo and give her the morning dose of Clavamox, which will no doubt thrill her...but she'll enjoy the treats afterward. :)

Then brew another mug of tea and see about that laundry.
    Hi Ed
    That sounds like a good price for a useful item.

Good Luck with the Clavamox

b][/b]

One wonders why anyone would do such a thing. Hopefully most travelers know to take their essential stuff in carryon, such as medicines. But there could still be important stuff for business or personal use, and that's just mean.
    We will likely never know why, I wish the news gave better details on things they cover :(
    It does go to show what damage a disgruntled employee can cause. I wonder how much it cost the airline in tracing and returning the items not to mention the damage to their reputation.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's satis-factual Saturday! 67 out there now with an expected high of 86 and 0% chance of rain.

J is in Birmingham at an orchid show. Lilo has had her morning Clavamox and still needs a shot of Adequan today and then her evening Clavamox. Everyone in the house has been fed. I do need to water the indoor plants today.

Might get out to a Farmers Market or perhaps a Korean grocery. We'll see about that.

Sneezing a bit this morning. I wonder what the pollen count is?

• parityanimal
    Roger, the soldiers working on the warhead reminded me of a scene from THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1xqrdtJs8w
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Curry fit for the lord and lady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WTyHiMvD7Y
  • parityanimal
    15 food orders that didn't come out quite right...I love the coffee with bay leaves!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZUtIyReK54