Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi
    I did not do some walking this Morning and thus found + 0 Cents. The temperature this morning was 69 on the news channel and 65 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer, Daytime high temperatures are forecast to be well over the norm for the next day or two, The Forecast high for today is 90 to 91 or higher for in the hot parts of NJ :(

Interesting Links, I found it interesting :)
    Pro Football seems to be having problems in some areas.
    http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/49ers-Rams-tickets-cheapest-levis-stadium-history-12215863.php
    49ers-Rams tickets reselling for the price of two stadium pretzels
    By Bill Disbrow Updated 7:59 am, Thursday, September 21, 2017

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/22/its-shocking-how-empty-the-stadium-was-for-thursday-night-football/
    It’s Shocking How Empty The Stadium Was For Thursday Night Football
    David Hookstead, 8:14 AM 09/22/2017Updated 1:24 p.m Friday, Sept. 22, 2017

The country has gone insane.
    http://wjla.com/news/local/3-teens-arrested-after-armed-threat-to-kill-mcdonalds-employees-when-food-was-not-ready
    3 teens arrested after armed threat to kill McDonalds employees when food was not ready
    CHANTILLY, Va. (ABC7)

There is a lot of this sort of things happens in NY and NJ from what I see on the new
    http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/cops-georgia-contractor-stole-thousands-failed-complete-house-work/mrHaouBMOMB8dGp9NwTgsO/
    Cops: Georgia contractor stole thousands, failed to complete house work
    Raisa Habersham The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 3:44 p.m Friday, Sept. 22, 2017

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    zDIM7I.jpg

I3egCx.jpg

awV5KP.gif

bnhfVX.gif
    Notice the Bird, it flew away appearing unharmed

Gi37V7.gif

FVEnMC.gif
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's satis-factual Saturday! 67 out there now with an expected high of 86 and 0% chance of rain.

J is in Birmingham at an orchid show. Lilo has had her morning Clavamox and still needs a shot of Adequan today and then her evening Clavamox. Everyone in the house has been fed. I do need to water the indoor plants today.

Might get out to a Farmers Market or perhaps a Korean grocery. We'll see about that.

Sneezing a bit this morning. I wonder what the pollen count is?
    Hi Ed
    That is a strange walk on the Kitten, although it appears to go to a normal walk just before the playback ceases.

I was so far under the weather yesterday I spent most of it in bed trying to sleep :(
    For dinner I gave in and ordered Chinese Take Out with enough for today too. I saw a new to me item on the menu from the last time and ordered it, It was tasty too, I had a Cheese Steak Egg Roll. For Dinner I had some of the pint size Chicken Broccoli and no rice and today I'll finish that for lunch and for dinner I'll have the Pint size Chicken with String Beans and skip the rice. I'll let my brother pack the rice and vacuum seal it and he can use it down the road in Spanish Rice, Rice Pudding or Stuffed Peppers.

It is approaching the time of year that the weather forecasts will feature pollen counts, I hope it isn't anything worse.
    Roger, the soldiers working on the warhead reminded me of a scene from THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1xqrdtJs8w

Interesting, I had not thought of that. I do hope it was a practice round.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,206 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Sunday! 70 out there now with an expected high of 85 and 0% chance of rain

I've been up for hours but distracted by various things, including setting out ant "food" for the sudden influx of ants both large and small ants) in several places in the kitchen. Maybe they know that we've passed the solstice and that winter is coming?

They seem to be going right for the "food" that I set out for them and, hopefully, bringing it back to "feed" the whole colony with. It's supposed to be very tasty to ants and, while looking like an innocuous clear syrup to me, certainly seems to be popular with them! I've used Terro before and it's what I'm using now, as it still seems to be the most effective thing I can find for ants. It is revolting the first couple of days though as the ant influx INCREASES because they go home and tell all their friends about this delicious buffet that I've set out for them. But then after they've sated themselves for a few days, they disappear, not to be seen again for quite a long time.

I know ants have a place in this world too, but not in my kitchen!

Hope they never become resistant to Terro...

I have, of course, been fed, as have the felines. Lilo has had her morning Clavamox, so is pouting or grumping under the bed or in the closet, though that didn't stop her from enjoying her breakfast shortly after having it. LOL.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    That wobbly kitten probably has Feline Cerebellar Hypoplasia. At least we can hope it's nothing more serious than that. I have a friend who has a cat with "the wobbles" as an old, experience horse veterinarian calls it. He is a very loving cat but can't really coordinate to jump or, sometimes, to walk/run without careering around.

She was really concerned about it when she took him, as a kitten, to the doctor. They ran a number of tests and couldn't find anything wrong, but the the old horse vet took one look at him and immediately diagnosed the apparent problem, and said it wouldn't affect his life expectancy as a house cat, but might make him more likely to be eaten by a hawk as an outdoor cat, since he would not necessarily be as good at running away or jumping to safety.

Apparently something like it is not terribly uncommon in horses. Of course the affected horses are no good for riding or breeding but can certainly be raised and kept as a pet, though a horse as a pet is a rather expensive proposition compared to a cat.

• parityanimal
    edited September 2017
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi
    I did not do some walking this Morning and thus found + 0 Cents. The temperature this morning was 69 on the news channel and 65 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer, Daytime high temperatures are forecast to be well over the norm for the next day or two, The Forecast high for today is 90 to 91 or higher for in the hot parts of NJ :(

Seems you haven't been walking much. I hope everything is OK?

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/49ers-Rams-tickets-cheapest-levis-stadium-history-12215863.php

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/22/its-shocking-how-empty-the-stadium-was-for-thursday-night-football/

At first I thought...well, either the ticket resale value has become really cheap or the stadium pretzels are really overpriced! Both are probably true. I think people have become disillusioned with professional sports. At the retail prices for seats, and with all the political controversy, who can blame them?

http://wjla.com/news/local/3-teens-arrested-after-armed-threat-to-kill-mcdonalds-employees-when-food-was-not-ready
    3 teens arrested after armed threat to kill McDonalds employees when food was not ready
    CHANTILLY, Va. (ABC7)

I really think kids are being raised (or more accurately not raised at all) with no values nowadays, and no sense of right and wrong. I fear we are ending up with a couple of generations of largely sociopaths...

There is a lot of this sort of things happens in NY and NJ from what I see on the new
    http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/cops-georgia-contractor-stole-thousands-failed-complete-house-work/mrHaouBMOMB8dGp9NwTgsO/
    Raisa Habersham The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 3:44 p.m Friday, Sept. 22, 2017

I think it's happening everywhere. It amazes me how long people get away with this but more how they think they can get away with it forever.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Sunday Morning!
    Roger I hope you're feeling better very soon. I think this is the first time I've seen you note that you spent the day in bed?? Hope you're ok! And for giggles...check under the chair/couch pillows...you might find a cent or two! :)

Today, as in this morning already, I spent nearly 90 minutes reading and 'linking' y'alls posts!! It would have been worse had I looked at all the "Prison Food' links...do tell me Ed, whats with the Prison Food??? LOL!! IF thats what they feed prisoners I'm not going!!

Looks to be nice out...I no doubt should have been out there doing yard work. No hockey this weekend. Unusual.

I got tickled at Rogers posts of stuff happening in the ATL! I think they save these stories for 'slow news days'! On days when there is 'real' news you never see these stories. Like the day when all news all day long was 'Irma'

I ate my breakfast while typing, and surprisingly it was real 'breakfast' food...like granola with almond milk, blueberries, ground flax seed and hemp hearts. I think I'll make an attempt to eat a 'normal-ish' lunch too just for fun. For the last 2 days I've been craving cheese big time. I put a slice of the Follow your Heart' cheeze on a grilled vegetable sandwich...and that is I think what started the cheese thing. Oh, well...not gonna happen!

I have a dishwasher to unload, a load of clothes to fluff and fold from yesterday, and a few other little odds and ends. Trip to the gym, and that should keep me busy for the rest of the day.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    J is on his way home from the Birmingham orchid show.

I imagine he has stopped for some Taco Bell (or will stop for something) along the way, but all the same I decided to order thin crust Marco's pizza tonight.

I took advantage, finally, on the last day of Marco's buy one at regular price get another of lesser or equal value for 7 cents.

But I got TWO more for 7 cents. I had requested triangle cut, and they cut the double cheese square. Instead of just sending it anyway, they made another one and cut it triangle and sent BOTH cheese pizzas.

In the past they have sometimes cut them square and just sent them, possibly not noticing I had requested triangle cut, and once they started cutting it square and, after getting just a couple of cuts across, stopped and then cut triangle so I had some very strange slices. But this time they apparently had already completely cut it square and then noticed I had requested triangle, so they decided to cook us another whole pizza and send both. OK. I can definitely live with that!

So I got my Pepperoni Magnifico at regular price and TWO double cheese pizzas for 7 cents.
    I would NOT have complained about the square cut. J wouldn't have cared anyway. LOL.

But since they sent the extra pizza, well, we got lots of pizza! I think we'll be eating pizza through Wednesday or so!

If they were going to replace one, they really should have replaced the Pepperoni Magnifico. I requested "well done" but not "extra well done" and they got it well done all right...DOUBLE-PLUS DOUBLE-EXTRA WELL DONE. Any more well done and I'd be eating charcoal. But I'm not, so it's all good. Just really, really brown and crispy!

And who can complain when they got a whole free double cheese pizza? I'm sure not going to.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 65 out there now with an expected high of 87 and 0% chance of rain.

I probably need to get to the grocery today or tomorrow.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    10 more worst "as seen on TV" items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwS7svfqkI
  • parityanimal
    First appearance of Tim Conway's "oldest man" character on Carol Burnett. Some days I feel like this little old man and move about as fast...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_9RWUV8MvA
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2017
    ezRvjN.jpg

zx6TJ8.gif

P0Umkx.jpg

zR7npH.jpg

vCnf4w.jpg

QxVZ3n.jpg
    What to choose, The Quandary Problem
    My guess is that nobody got points :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did do some walking this Morning easing back into it and thus I found 4 Cents. The temperature this morning was 72 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer, Daytime high temperatures are forecast to be well over the norm for the next day or two, The Forecast high for today in the upper 80s, Sundays highs were 90 to 91 in the hot parts of NJ :(

Interesting Links, I found them interesting anyway :)
    https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/09/22/Worlds-oldest-cat-Nutmeg-dies-at-32/3681506109735/?utm_source=fp&utm_campaign=ts&utm_medium=11
    World's oldest cat, Nutmeg, dies at 32
    By Daniel Uria | Sept. 22, 2017 at 4:12 PM

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-odd-sock/sock-horror-terrifying-lizard-turns-out-to-be-dirty-clothing-idUSKCN1BP1UR
    Sock horror! Terrifying lizard turns out to be dirty clothing
    September 14, 2017 / 1:27 PM / 10 days ago

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sleep-deprivation-epidemic-health-effects-tired-heart-disease-stroke-dementia-cancer-a7964156.html
    ‘Catastrophic’ lack of sleep in modern society is killing us, warns leading sleep scientist
    Ian Johnston Science Correspondent, Monday 25 September 2017 07:43 BST

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-lake-michigan-shipwrecks-20170924-story.html
    'The stuff the movie-makers dream of.' In Lake Michigan, a graveyard of long-lost ships captivates historians
    By Tony Briscoe, Sept. 24, 2017 Reporting from Sheboygan Wisconsin

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Sunday! 70 out there now with an expected high of 85 and 0% chance of rain

I've been up for hours but distracted by various things, including setting out ant "food" for the sudden influx of ants both large and small ants) in several places in the kitchen. Maybe they know that we've passed the solstice and that winter is coming?

They seem to be going right for the "food" that I set out for them and, hopefully, bringing it back to "feed" the whole colony with. It's supposed to be very tasty to ants and, while looking like an innocuous clear syrup to me, certainly seems to be popular with them! I've used Terro before and it's what I'm using now, as it still seems to be the most effective thing I can find for ants. It is revolting the first couple of days though as the ant influx INCREASES because they go home and tell all their friends about this delicious buffet that I've set out for them. But then after they've sated themselves for a few days, they disappear, not to be seen again for quite a long time.

I know ants have a place in this world too, but not in my kitchen!

Hope they never become resistant to Terro...

I have, of course, been fed, as have the felines. Lilo has had her morning Clavamox, so is pouting or grumping under the bed or in the closet, though that didn't stop her from enjoying her breakfast shortly after having it. LOL.
    Hi Ed
    I agree, No to ants in the house. I remember my Grandmother out west dealing with what she called grease ants, they were tiny little critters.

I suspect not much would stop Lilo from eating after reading many of Your posts.
    That wobbly kitten probably has Feline Cerebellar Hypoplasia. At least we can hope it's nothing more serious than that. I have a friend who has a cat with "the wobbles" as an old, experience horse veterinarian calls it. He is a very loving cat but can't really coordinate to jump or, sometimes, to walk/run without careering around.

She was really concerned about it when she took him, as a kitten, to the doctor. They ran a number of tests and couldn't find anything wrong, but the the old horse vet took one look at him and immediately diagnosed the apparent problem, and said it wouldn't affect his life expectancy as a house cat, but might make him more likely to be eaten by a hawk as an outdoor cat, since he would not necessarily be as good at running away or jumping to safety.

Apparently something like it is not terribly uncommon in horses. Of course the affected horses are no good for riding or breeding but can certainly be raised and kept as a pet, though a horse as a pet is a rather expensive proposition compared to a cat.
    I was undecided as the kitten did appear to walk OK right at the end of the Gif.

You need money and land to keep a horse as a pet, maybe less if it is one of the miniature horses naturally.
    Now this one actually sounds pretty tasty to me!
    I like the Sweet Potato Pie we make here. The ones we made last year were made using sweet potatoes we grew. Ws skipped growing them this year. My brother made Sweet Potato bread recently using some store bought Sweet potatoes, He had a tough time finding good looking ones as most of them appeared to be stored from last years crop.
    Hi

Seems you haven't been walking much. I hope everything is OK?
    I was feeling well under normal for a few days. Yesterday I did start feeling better and this morning I felt able to get out walking, I did not go as far as I was going last week, easing back into it :)

At first I thought...well, either the ticket resale value has become really cheap or the stadium pretzels are really overpriced! Both are probably true. I think people have become disillusioned with professional sports. At the retail prices for seats, and with all the political controversy, who can blame them?
    I was thinking that the pretzels were expensive, OTOH for Stadium food, maybe not :)
    I suspect You are 110% correct with Your surmise for the reason.

The real losers here are the people that depend on the fans buying things.
    CHANTILLY, Va. (ABC7)

I really think kids are being raised (or more accurately not raised at all) with no values nowadays, and no sense of right and wrong. I fear we are ending up with a couple of generations of largely sociopaths...
    I fear that Sociopaths and Me only are going to be a problem for many years even if or when the pendulum swings back the other way in reaction.

I think it's happening everywhere. It amazes me how long people get away with this but more how they think they can get away with it forever.
    I know it has happened in the tri-state New York Metro area and Parts pf Pa.
    J is on his way home from the Birmingham orchid show.

I imagine he has stopped for some Taco Bell (or will stop for something) along the way, but all the same I decided to order thin crust Marco's pizza tonight.

I took advantage, finally, on the last day of Marco's buy one at regular price get another of lesser or equal value for 7 cents.

But I got TWO more for 7 cents. I had requested triangle cut, and they cut the double cheese square. Instead of just sending it anyway, they made another one and cut it triangle and sent BOTH cheese pizzas.

In the past they have sometimes cut them square and just sent them, possibly not noticing I had requested triangle cut, and once they started cutting it square and, after getting just a couple of cuts across, stopped and then cut triangle so I had some very strange slices. But this time they apparently had already completely cut it square and then noticed I had requested triangle, so they decided to cook us another whole pizza and send both. OK. I can definitely live with that!

So I got my Pepperoni Magnifico at regular price and TWO double cheese pizzas for 7 cents.
    I would NOT have complained about the square cut. J wouldn't have cared anyway. LOL.

But since they sent the extra pizza, well, we got lots of pizza! I think we'll be eating pizza through Wednesday or so!

If they were going to replace one, they really should have replaced the Pepperoni Magnifico. I requested "well done" but not "extra well done" and they got it well done all right...DOUBLE-PLUS DOUBLE-EXTRA WELL DONE. Any more well done and I'd be eating charcoal. But I'm not, so it's all good. Just really, really brown and crispy!

And who can complain when they got a whole free double cheese pizza? I'm sure not going to.
    it seems that You scored, If that were me I would be freezing slices with Waxed paper between the slices :)

If I said my brother will not eat anything but thin crust and if it is near thin crust he while at it while complaining about it.
    Sicilian Pizza he considers bread with toppings. 0dAnl5.jpg
    That is the only one I recall seeing sliced into squares or rectangles. I have never seen a Round Pit AKA Thin Crust sliced in anything but Pie shape wedges.
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 65 out there now with an expected high of 87 and 0% chance of rain.

I probably need to get to the grocery today or tomorrow.
    I'm OK since my Brother shopped for me yesterday when he went to the ShopRite.
    I have a serving of cooked Pot Roast and a serving of Chicken Parm for later today with Lunch and Dinner as the Protein. A small Chicken & String beans from Saturdays Chinese take out delivery. A really fast delivery too, around 10 minutes from call to my seeing him heading up the sidewalk :)
    And a Cobb Salad from the Shoprite too. Yesterday I had their Chef Salad 1.6 servings per container at 160 calories per serving as my dinner :)
    First appearance of Tim Conway's "oldest man" character on Carol Burnett. Some days I feel like this little old man and move about as fast...
    Some days I feel like that, OK to be honest many, many days as the day comes to a end :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Sunday Morning!
    Roger I hope you're feeling better very soon. I think this is the first time I've seen you note that you spent the day in bed?? Hope you're ok! And for giggles...check under the chair/couch pillows...you might find a cent or two! :)

Today, as in this morning already, I spent nearly 90 minutes reading and 'linking' y'alls posts!! It would have been worse had I looked at all the "Prison Food' links...do tell me Ed, whats with the Prison Food??? LOL!! IF thats what they feed prisoners I'm not going!!

Looks to be nice out...I no doubt should have been out there doing yard work. No hockey this weekend. Unusual.

I got tickled at Rogers posts of stuff happening in the ATL! I think they save these stories for 'slow news days'! On days when there is 'real' news you never see these stories. Like the day when all news all day long was 'Irma'

I ate my breakfast while typing, and surprisingly it was real 'breakfast' food...like granola with almond milk, blueberries, ground flax seed and hemp hearts. I think I'll make an attempt to eat a 'normal-ish' lunch too just for fun. For the last 2 days I've been craving cheese big time. I put a slice of the Follow your Heart' cheeze on a grilled vegetable sandwich...and that is I think what started the cheese thing. Oh, well...not gonna happen!

I have a dishwasher to unload, a load of clothes to fluff and fold from yesterday, and a few other little odds and ends. Trip to the gym, and that should keep me busy for the rest of the day.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Saturday was the worst as in the morning I started burning a data disk for backup and felt so weak suddenly I spent most of the day in bed. I need to remember to thank my Brother for it :) as he had it first this time and as he was getting better is when it hit me :(

This was on yesterdays news.
    https://www.wimyogurt.com/appliance
    Appliance + Free 5-pack
    Limited supply • Ships UPS Ground within 24 hours, We will only charge your credit card when your order ships, $299

We offer a One-Year Warranty and a 30-day no questions asked return policy.

The Wim appliance lets you make a delicious bowl of frozen yogurt with the press of one button.

Features Include:
    Quiet, intelligent freezing technology
    No refrigerant or pre-cooling required
    Works with single-serve Wim-Bowls
    No cleaning required
    Satin Stainless Steel finish
    UL certified

They showed it being made with Dairy free Milk substitutes. I wonder if it will make it around for the long term, $300 for the gizmo and I recall the price for one of the freeze dried bowls of ingredients at $3 :)
    https://www.wimyogurt.com/whereitsmade

https://www.wimyogurt.com/shop
    Pick a bundle size
    5 $3.00 ea
    10 $3.00 ea
    20 $3.00 ea Free Shipping
    Pick any 10 flavors

I wondered if it could also make home made Ice Cream or Ice Milk if You reused the Bowls as the Bowls have the paddle as a integral part of them.

And here I was wondering to myself If I was doing a overkill on the Atlanta news :)

Around here they run a feature on the News12 Cable channel in the mornings that feature three things to know :)
    One of today's was a Business whose owner wants to paint her building pink and is fighting the town to do so. She loves pink and her car was also pink and had eyelashes over the headlight :)
    This was another one
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4528381/halloween-decoration-police-warning-911-decapitated-man-garage-door/
    BLOODY NUISANCEHomeowner’s gory Halloween decoration of man decapitated by garage door sparks police warning

The display was dubbed so authentic stunned locals began inundating the local police station with calls of a man being crushed by his garage door
    By Olivia Loveridge-Greene, 23rd September 2017, 12:41 am, Updated: 23rd September 2017, 12:48 am

I started the laundry on my return from walking and it is currently in the drier. I was into my last chance reserves as I came down ill before I got to do it last week.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger