Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I went walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 55 on the news channel and 55 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer, A 17 degree change cooler.

More interesting Links :)
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/09/26/paul-revere-outhouse-north-end-house-dig-joe-bagley/
    Paul Revere’s Outhouse? North End Dig May Have Found Colonial Privy
    September 26, 2017 5:04 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fatberg-found-baltimore-sewer-system-overflow-50101478
    'Fatberg' found in Baltimore sewer system after overflow
    By The Associated Press, BALTIMORE — Sep 26, 2017, 10:42 AM ET

IMO This could cause other problems, Overseas right now.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4925846/School-begins-using-STANDING-desks-beat-obesity.html
    School begins using STANDING desks so children don't have to sit through lessons in a bid to beat obesity and keep pupils active
    By Iain Burns For Mailonline, Published: 11:55 EDT, 27 September 2017 | Updated: 15:35 EDT, 27 September 2017

Bad Move IMO
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/more-faith-based-films-may-feature-f-bombs-1043189
    More Faith-Based Films May Feature F-Bombs
    6:15 AM PDT 9/27/2017 by Paul Bond

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    kOhkwT.png

TH3ELq.png

ooErEc.png

G35VAM.png

9nzB7L.png

ka4Fek.png
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    edited September 2017
    Oreo taste test. There sure are some weird temporary flavors.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkY7leRZORs
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
  • RogerToo
    I DID find the rice paper spring rolls at Publix. I must have walked by them 3 times...but being the stubborn little thing I am, I just kept looking and finally found them! Tomorrow I'll make some rolls for dinner! Those have to be made fresh. But I do have the dipping sauce for them made. I couldn't wait, and tasted the Orange Sesame Tempeh...its really good!!! I'll be doing lots of that.

Roger?????? what makes you think I can see you? LOL! You could dye your hair like a rainbow and I'd not know it!

Lets see if I can get my refrig photo on this post...if not there I'll try again tomorrow when I'm not so tired.
    Hi Valerie
    I wasn't clear, What I was indicating that You could see by what I posted :) Oops :(

Congrats on not giving up, I have done that in the past at CostCo.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2017
    67 86 20. Y'all know what the numbers mean. LOL. Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

I've been up for a while but Lilo did graciously(?) let me sleep in after I let her out of the bedroom at about 6:00.

Finally she did make me get up. I had my free Hormel Completes Spaghetti with meat sauce for breakfast along with a very small piece of the chocolate birthday cake I baked last night.

Today is J's birthday. Yesterday, being my birthday, I pretty much ate what I wanted, within reason. We went out to Cheeseburger Bobby's for dinner and I had a bacon cheeseburger with fries, and unsweet tea to drink. After we got home I made the cake and then we watched TV until the cake was cool enough to frost, at which time we had cake.

Then I made myself a martini for a nightcap and got to bed shortly after midnight. So I needed to sleep in a little bit this morning! Lilo let me have until about 7:00 and then it was time to get up!

I've eaten, the cats were just fed, and the dishwasher has been emptied and the sink cleared into it. I'm finally sipping my first mug of tea!

Not sure what I have on the agenda for today. Perhaps as little as possible.

Hi Ed
    I have no idea what those mean ? Am I missing something obvious ?

Allow me to wish You a belated happy Birthday and happy Birthday J.

I love Bacon Cheeseburgers, I do use the NS Hamburger lunch sandwich for one sometimes, I use a 1/2 slice of Velveeta at 20 calories and cover the Burger with it, then I use a slice of Precooked Bacon, currently from CostCo and some ketchup. I consider the Cheese and Bacon as close enough for my NS Protein add in and use a smaller fruit as the NS Carb along with the ketchup. Sometimes I use a Low fat version of Thousand Island Dressing or Sweet Baby Rays on the Burger instead or Lettuce, Tomato, Miracle Whip and and bit of onion on the burger instead. I order 7 of the NS Burgers and 7 of the NS Chicken Sandwich lunches too as they can be added onto in so many ways such as I do with the Burgers excluding the ketchup of course.

I did have Earl Gray Tea with my breakfast yesterday a change from Coffee.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2017
    Hi
    Did I mention I picked up a Hamilton Beach Toaststation?
    It has a two slice Toaster on top, and a Toaster Oven section below so it can do both well. Since I went that way I do have to watch the Toaster oven foods as it has no timer.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A1FFZE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    58qFIH.jpg

I stopped at Duncan Donuts and they had a display saying "Happy National Coffee Day" Buy a Medium or larger and get a free Medium Coffee. If I had known ahead I would have taken My Yeti, Bought a Medium and dumped it and the freebie into the Yeti for my walk.
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    67 86 20. Y'all know what the numbers mean. LOL. Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

I've been up for a while but Lilo did graciously(?) let me sleep in after I let her out of the bedroom at about 6:00.

Finally she did make me get up. I had my free Hormel Completes Spaghetti with meat sauce for breakfast along with a very small piece of the chocolate birthday cake I baked last night.

Today is J's birthday. Yesterday, being my birthday, I pretty much ate what I wanted, within reason. We went out to Cheeseburger Bobby's for dinner and I had a bacon cheeseburger with fries, and unsweet tea to drink. After we got home I made the cake and then we watched TV until the cake was cool enough to frost, at which time we had cake.

Then I made myself a martini for a nightcap and got to bed shortly after midnight. So I needed to sleep in a little bit this morning! Lilo let me have until about 7:00 and then it was time to get up!

I've eaten, the cats were just fed, and the dishwasher has been emptied and the sink cleared into it. I'm finally sipping my first mug of tea!

Hi Ed

I love Bacon Cheeseburgers, I do use the NS Hamburger lunch sandwich for one sometimes, I use a 1/2 slice of Velveeta at 20 calories and cover the Burger with it, then I use a slice of Precooked Bacon, currently from CostCo and some ketchup. I consider the Cheese and Bacon as close enough for my NS Protein add in and use a smaller fruit as the NS Carb along with the ketchup. Sometimes I use a Low fat version of Thousand Island Dressing or Sweet Baby Rays on the Burger instead or Lettuce, Tomato, Miracle Whip and and bit of onion on the burger instead. I order 7 of the NS Burgers and 7 of the NS Chicken Sandwich lunches too as they can be added onto in so many ways such as I do with the Burgers excluding the ketchup of course.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

67 degrees. 86 expected high. 20% chance of rain.
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2017
    Hi
    It has a two slice Toaster on top, and a Toaster Oven section below so it can do both well. Since I went that way I do have to watch the Toaster oven foods as it has no timer.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A1FFZE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    58qFIH.jpg

I stopped at Duncan Donuts and they had a display saying "Happy National Coffee Day" Buy a Medium or larger and get a free Medium Coffee. If I had known ahead I would have taken My Yeti, Bought a Medium and dumped it and the freebie into the Yeti for my walk.

It looks pretty nice. No timer? Well, I'm sure you can time things another way until you learn approximately how long to cook any given item. It does seem rather odd that they didn't include a timer for the oven, so it would auto-shutoff after a certain number of minutes. On the other hand, if you want to bake something for an hour and a half, you won't have to go back to reset the timer.

My current one has a maximum of 45 minutes on the timer, but if you turn the timer knob the other way, you can just set it to "on" and it will stay on until you turn it off, in which case you you would need to watch the baking or set some other timer to remind you.

And with the one you bought your brother can make toast in his "traditional" way. :)

So I think you have a winner there.

• RogerToo

Hi Ed

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

67 degrees. 86 expected high. 20% chance of rain.
    Hi Ed
    Thank You for that explanation, If I had spent days thinking about it I doubt I would have gotten that :)
    Hi
    58qFIH.jpg

It looks pretty nice. No timer? Well, I'm sure you can time things another way until you learn approximately how long to cook any given item. It does seem rather odd that they didn't include a timer for the oven, so it would auto-shutoff after a certain number of minutes. On the other hand, if you want to bake something for an hour and a half, you won't have to go back to reset the timer.

My current one has a maximum of 45 minutes on the timer, but if you turn the timer knob the other way, you can just set it to "on" and it will stay on until you turn it off, in which case you you would need to watch the baking or set some other timer to remind you.

And with the one you bought your brother can make toast in his "traditional" way. :)

So I think you have a winner there.
    It was inexpensive, I bought the older model based on the reviews on Amazon. The lack of a timer did not bother me. We do have a wind up timer I can use, Simple and foolproof unless You forget to put it where You will hear it :)

I want to try it on a NS pizza as a test this weekend.

I am used to winging it, The Microwave we have is a 700 watt unit and I had to get used to how long to heat NS entrees in it. Example a 1 1/2 minute 100 watt time becomes 2.2 Minutes and a 1 3/4 1100 watt NS melt needs 2 3/4 minutes.

Have a Great Evening
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Dinner tonight was at Planet Bombay, an Indian restaurant in Little Five Points, that we've never eaten at before.
    The food was GREAT, though a little on the expensive side.

J had a Mango Drink and we ordered Onion Bhaji, Samosa Chat, Tofu Tandoori, Aloo Ghobi, Bullet Nan, and then Chicken Bhuna for me.

Leftovers for a couple more meals for sure.

It was a good birthday dinner for J.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 68 out there now with an expected high of 80 and 0% chance of rain.

Heading (supposedly) to Augusta today for an orchid festival. We'll see whether J actually gets up for it and whether G shows up in our driveway to ride down with us...she was supposed to be here at 7:00.

I've eaten and cats are about to be fed. Lilo has already had her morning Clavamox, with was rather a sharp surprise to her but she got a treat, some cheese, and one tiny bite of my Spam from my Spam, egg, and cheese sandwich. That was pretty much the whole breakfast, for now. I will likely get more food on the way to Augusta or when we get there. Or not, if we don't go, in which case I'll just drink some juice or something...

• parityanimal
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I went walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 58 on the news channel and 56 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer.
    I stopped at the Grocery Store and picked up some on Sale Sliced Turkey Breast and Sliced Ham to use as a part of my Mid-morning snack. I also saved 12 Cents by using their discount key tag.

Some more interesting Links :)
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/27/us/puerto-rico-aid-problem/index.html
    Puerto Rico aid is trapped in thousands of shipping containers
    Updated 7:36 PM ET, Thu September 28, 2017

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/09/27/mysterious-metal-towers/
    Mystery Surrounds Metal Towers Popping Up In Tunnels & Bridges
    September 27, 2017 6:28 PM, Filed Under: Dave Carlin, Joe Lhota, MTA

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fish-fall-sky-rain-northern-mexico-011247418.html
    Fish fall from sky with rain in northern Mexico
    Associated PressSeptember 28, 2017

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/mystery-massive-ice-block-falls-11245286?service=responsive
    Mystery as massive ice block falls from sky leaving huge crater in family's back garden
    ByDianne Apen-Sadler, 12:46, 27 SEP 2017Updated06:20, 28 SEP 2017
    The Helliwell family say they're fortunate no one was injured or killed when the ice chunk landed with a "big boom" and shook their house.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    QYDXnu.jpg

YrVI1W.jpg

qu1YqT.png

CJxHQl.jpg

nlB0X5.jpg

BlUs6o.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Dinner tonight was at Planet Bombay, an Indian restaurant in Little Five Points, that we've never eaten at before.
    The food was GREAT, though a little on the expensive side.

J had a Mango Drink and we ordered Onion Bhaji, Samosa Chat, Tofu Tandoori, Aloo Ghobi, Bullet Nan, and then Chicken Bhuna for me.

Leftovers for a couple more meals for sure.

It was a good birthday dinner for J.

Hi Ed
    I can excuse somewhat expensive as long as the the food is really food, Sadly I have had Expensive and not to good. Needless to say I did not go back.

I heard or read somewhere that most Indian Cuisine is Vegetarian Based.

Leftovers from tasty, Whee!
    Howdy y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 68 out there now with an expected high of 80 and 0% chance of rain.

Heading (supposedly) to Augusta today for an orchid festival. We'll see whether J actually gets up for it and whether G shows up in our driveway to ride down with us...she was supposed to be here at 7:00.

I've eaten and cats are about to be fed. Lilo has already had her morning Clavamox, with was rather a sharp surprise to her but she got a treat, some cheese, and one tiny bite of my Spam from my Spam, egg, and cheese sandwich. That was pretty much the whole breakfast, for now. I will likely get more food on the way to Augusta or when we get there. Or not, if we don't go, in which case I'll just drink some juice or something...
    Our expected high is due to be below Normal temperatures in the mid 60s.

Nicely Crisped Spam is something I like, OTOH I do not recall using it for a breakfast sandwich. I always ate it as fried or Fried in a sandwich. Strangely enough I do not like it as is from the can.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    Wow! A cold front must have come through, but with no moisture.

58 out there now and an expected high of only 75 with 0% chance of rain. Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

My breakfast pasta and cheese (I made this!) is just about ready in the microwave, being on it's last cycle of 50% cooking to just finish up thickening the sauce.

I'll add some pepper and chow down in a minute.

Need to do laundry today.

I just heard a ding!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...