Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I went walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 70 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer, It is still humid outside, However The humidity and Temperature are forecast to be better tomorrow as a cold front arrives.

Interesting Links, I found them interesting anyway :)
    https://www.popdust.com/our-editors-put-nutrisystem-to-the-test-heres-what-we-found-2215206149.html?bcid=58f5290ae14d024815833744&hcid=588a2fc38724824222854662&utm_campaign=TB_D_Skeptic_Popdust_RT&utm_source=geistm&bhid={headline.id}
    Our Editors Tried Nutrisystem: Here's What We Learned

Take with a grain of salt due to this
    sponsored 01/26/17 By Popdust Staff

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger, the NYT article is rather long...
    Snipped
    Hi Ed
    Thank You for that information, I tend to not subscribe to things that cost money.
    RogerToo wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/24/people-spend-time-sitting-toilet-week-exercising-study-finds/
    People spend more time sitting on the toilet each week than exercising, study finds
    By Telegraph Reporters, 24 September 2017 • 10:00pm

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger

It may not be exercising but it can be a bit of a strain...

:)

I will agree with that :)
    I find it interesting that, near the end of the article, the Mr. Wilcox that is referenced suggests a bigger emphasis on the "success sequence" and that marriage and baby are part of that sequence, as if one can't be successful without getting married and/or having children?

I think I was pretty successful without doing either. I'm sure many others are too. Of course I was "partnered" for a good chunk of that time, and perhaps there was some desire to get more successful to improve our lifestyle, but I really think I might well have done so without that. No children, but lots of cats. LOL.

At any rate, I would have at least a minor disagreement with the idea the marriage or children are required for success, as I have known many people who were quite successful without either one. Of course I don't know how well (or if) some of them were partnered...but do know that at least one gave up a relationship because his girlfriend was jealous of the time he spent working on his success.
    Marriage may not be required, OTOH it could provide a push to succeed.
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 65 out there now with an expected high of 90 and 0% chance of rain.

Not a lot on my agenda today. Hopefully a nap.
    Wonderful Wednesday here too. Small chance of rain showers tomorrow when the cold front comes through.
    The science behind the Impossible Burger.
    I need to look at this in a little while.

The fake meat Burger AKA Vegan Looks real when You look at it.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    edited September 2017
    Oh, and I DO have to transfer data to my replacement smart phone, when it arrives. The battery is swelling in the one I bought (and am still paying for) and it's a warranty replacement.

I'm also expecting my Surface Pen today and want to see how that does for drawing/writing on my Surface 3 pad. Not that I'm much of an artist but maybe with an easily erasable electronic drawing board I can learn a bit.

So it may eventually be a very technical sort of day for me. Lilo has had her morning antibiotic. She gets a shot for her joints today, and then an evening antibiotic. I'll probably give her the shot around lunchtime.

I don't subscribe to any online newspapers, but I was lucky enough to get in for that NYT article before, I guess, whatever "limit" they impose for however they impose it was used up.

• parityanimal
    Yeah...that article was sponsored by NS, and included this:

"All the meals are quick to prepare, and a delicious breakfast is as easy as grabbing a snack bar or muffin on your way out the door. "

But we all know that breakfast isn't really quite THAT easy, as you are supposed to add on a fruit, another protein, and, depending on exactly what version of the diet you're following, a carb or two. So while grabbing a snack or muffin on your way out the door sounds great, you'll still need to get the rest of your breakfast at some point during the morning.

And of course, while the article doesn't say so, all the other meals require add-ons too, except for the snack. Not that I ever had any problem with that, as it allows the dieter to customize the meals to make them more up to their own tastes and/or spread a meal out a bit if that works better for them.

We know the plan works, if followed, but they really need to describe the process more realistically so people know exactly what they are getting into.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi guys
    quick pop in...I read, watched, etc everything yesterday, then got distracted and didn't comment. Trying not to let that happen today.
    Heading for Kroger just as soon as I hit send, buying my ingredients for my weeks worth of meals :) (everything Japanese this week) I watched the video Ed...and it is sorta like that...except I make 5 entrees. I have 5 different ones for each weekday evening, with left overs for lunch or a weekend entree. And mine includes sauces, dips, salad dressings, etc. I just finished the black (Forbidden Rice) which I had on hand, and could do ahead this morning..I've made the Sushi-Su which is a seasoned rice vinegar, and will add that to the cooked rice after about 10 minutes cooling time. I will use that rice for several of the entrees...etc. I'd have made the spicy peanut dipping sauce for the spring rolls and no doubt a few other things, I made the Furikake seasoning last night just cause I was too curious to wait until tomorrow. So, this week spring rolls with peanut dipping sauce and furikake broccoli, Shiitake chow mein withsoba noodles and a kale salad. (not fond of kale salads so will sub in some other salad), and another day there will be Nori Hand Rolls (Temaki) along with Miso soup, Orange Sesame Tempeh soba noodle bowl, and lastly Hot & Sour soup, baked veggie rolls with sliced cuke's seasoned with more of the Furikake seasoning...(that stuff may become a staple in my kitchen, its pretty good!)
    Ok, none of the above will happen if I don't get out of here and hurry along to Kroger! Gym, and my token visit to Publix, and an optional visit to Walmart will come later today.

Roger so glad you are feeling better...for your sake I'll be glad when your weather is more suitable to your walking schedule!!!

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Kroger done and put away, lunch eaten, (it was colorful if not exactly a balanced meal...red rice, purple (Japanese ?) sweet potato, and sautéed spinach) Oh, and an apple. I put some of the Furikake seasoning on the spinach...not bad!
    Off to Publix, and Walmart still an option..but not likely :) I couldn't find canned bamboo shoots at Kroger, and no daikon radish, also no rice paper skins for the spring rolls. doubt I'll find the rice skins at Publix, but I KNOW they have bamboo sprouts, and I'll pick up a bag of spinach

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Extra Crispy Karage Japanese style fried chicken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I20k8qpNmVw
  • parityanimal
    Vegan Barbecue Jackfruit. I believe this is actually made from the fibrous material around the fruity arils.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC43WZw_R9A
  • parityanimal
    BLOOD pancakes? No thanks, I think...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50dbGan47E
  • parityanimal
    Another version of a vegan meal prep for a week, supposedly taking just one hour. It doesn't take her an hour to show us though. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTeF4ILp72c
  • parityanimal
    Emmy eats Vegan U.S. Apparently all of it in less than 10 minutes! LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36ixrwG3LsQ
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 65 out there now and an expected high of 90 with 0% chance of rain. It's my 39th birthday, again.

Replacement phone arrived yesterday so a good chunk of the afternoon/evening was spent copying the old phone to the new phone and then tweaking some settings and display folders that never seem to get copied. You'd think they could copy all that stuff too, but even without it I must say that the copying is MUCH better each time I have to do it, so maybe the next go around they'll actually get everything! The copying took the most time.

My Surface pen also arrived and I paired it and played with it for just a few minutes, as I was paying a bit more attention to what was going on with the phones, naturally.

I've been fed, Lilo and Kiara have been fed, and Lilo's morning pill is pending.

Yesterday's shot went well, though J did have to take Kiara to the other room for a bit so that I could get to Lilo without her interference, as she was wanting to play with Lilo. Kiara has definitely adopted Lilo whether Lilo has adopted her or not. She obviously loves Lilo and would like to cuddle with her but Lilo, while willing to play with her some, isn't having the cuddles just yet. But then Kiara usually eventually turns any cuddle attempts into playing so I can understand that attitude on Lilo's part.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Happy Birthday Ed! You just never seem to age quite like the rest of us! LOL how many 39th's have I wished you by now? Have a great day my friend and an awesome year!!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good morning.
    Have already fallen behind today :(. But the kitchen is ready for action so I'm heading there now.
    Roger I'm sure I'll poke my head in here again later and see your posts and hopefully a couple of cartoons. They are like my morning coffee...necessary! :)
    Ed I haven't watched any of the meal readys for awhile, I may look into the Vegan one later though...I'll bet its gag awful!!!
    First up today is making the Orange Marinated Tempeh, which will be used for 2 different meals this week...
    Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I went walking this Morning for 150 minutes. The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 72 degrees on the front porch and back yard thermometer, It is still somewhat humid outside, However The humidity and Temperature are forecast to be better later today into the weekend as a cold front moves through the area.

Why the long time walking, I went for a Haircut and since I was early I stopped for two scrambled eggs, two slices of Whole Wheat toast and had a few of the really crispy home fries :)

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger

No Humor today, I'm on a different computer than I use for that.
  • RogerToo
    Oh, and I DO have to transfer data to my replacement smart phone, when it arrives. The battery is swelling in the one I bought (and am still paying for) and it's a warranty replacement.

I'm also expecting my Surface Pen today and want to see how that does for drawing/writing on my Surface 3 pad. Not that I'm much of an artist but maybe with an easily erasable electronic drawing board I can learn a bit.

So it may eventually be a very technical sort of day for me. Lilo has had her morning antibiotic. She gets a shot for her joints today, and then an evening antibiotic. I'll probably give her the shot around lunchtime.

I don't subscribe to any online newspapers, but I was lucky enough to get in for that NYT article before, I guess, whatever "limit" they impose for however they impose it was used up.
    Hi Ed
    I suspect that they either set a cookie or track the IP used to read the articles as a method to get You liking their online version, then You get the Limit message and to get around that need to pay :(

Is the Phone working with the swelling battery ? Not to mention I would most likely be storing it in something where if it did burst into flames It could do no other damage, such as in the Oven :)
    Yeah...that article was sponsored by NS, and included this:

"All the meals are quick to prepare, and a delicious breakfast is as easy as grabbing a snack bar or muffin on your way out the door. "

But we all know that breakfast isn't really quite THAT easy, as you are supposed to add on a fruit, another protein, and, depending on exactly what version of the diet you're following, a carb or two. So while grabbing a snack or muffin on your way out the door sounds great, you'll still need to get the rest of your breakfast at some point during the morning.

And of course, while the article doesn't say so, all the other meals require add-ons too, except for the snack. Not that I ever had any problem with that, as it allows the dieter to customize the meals to make them more up to their own tastes and/or spread a meal out a bit if that works better for them.

We know the plan works, if followed, but they really need to describe the process more realistically so people know exactly what they are getting into.
    The Add ons are needed IMO to complete the nutrition for the meals. I could also be wrong with that.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    BTW pass on Blood Pancakes or Blood Sausage too.
  • RogerToo
    Hi guys
    quick pop in...I read, watched, etc everything yesterday, then got distracted and didn't comment. Trying not to let that happen today.
    Heading for Kroger just as soon as I hit send, buying my ingredients for my weeks worth of meals :) (everything Japanese this week) I watched the video Ed...and it is sorta like that...except I make 5 entrees. I have 5 different ones for each weekday evening, with left overs for lunch or a weekend entree. And mine includes sauces, dips, salad dressings, etc. I just finished the black (Forbidden Rice) which I had on hand, and could do ahead this morning..I've made the Sushi-Su which is a seasoned rice vinegar, and will add that to the cooked rice after about 10 minutes cooling time. I will use that rice for several of the entrees...etc. I'd have made the spicy peanut dipping sauce for the spring rolls and no doubt a few other things, I made the Furikake seasoning last night just cause I was too curious to wait until tomorrow. So, this week spring rolls with peanut dipping sauce and furikake broccoli, Shiitake chow mein withsoba noodles and a kale salad. (not fond of kale salads so will sub in some other salad), and another day there will be Nori Hand Rolls (Temaki) along with Miso soup, Orange Sesame Tempeh soba noodle bowl, and lastly Hot & Sour soup, baked veggie rolls with sliced cuke's seasoned with more of the Furikake seasoning...(that stuff may become a staple in my kitchen, its pretty good!)
    Ok, none of the above will happen if I don't get out of here and hurry along to Kroger! Gym, and my token visit to Publix, and an optional visit to Walmart will come later today.

Roger so glad you are feeling better...for your sake I'll be glad when your weather is more suitable to your walking schedule!!!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    You may notice I got my haircut, The length was bothering me last week and then before I could get there I caught whatever it was from my brother :)

The weather will be better tomorrow, However the fact that I walk 80 minutes one way today should indicate how much the hair was bothering me.
    Kroger done and put away, lunch eaten, (it was colorful if not exactly a balanced meal...red rice, purple (Japanese ?) sweet potato, and sautéed spinach) Oh, and an apple. I put some of the Furikake seasoning on the spinach...not bad!
    Off to Publix, and Walmart still an option..but not likely :) I couldn't find canned bamboo shoots at Kroger, and no daikon radish, also no rice paper skins for the spring rolls. doubt I'll find the rice skins at Publix, but I KNOW they have bamboo sprouts, and I'll pick up a bag of spinach

Later...

I hope Your shopping is successful. The Rice Paper skins for Your spring rolls are different than what the use around here. Around here the Spring Rolls look like smaller Egg Rolls with different ingredients inside.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    I DID find the rice paper spring rolls at Publix. I must have walked by them 3 times...but being the stubborn little thing I am, I just kept looking and finally found them! Tomorrow I'll make some rolls for dinner! Those have to be made fresh. But I do have the dipping sauce for them made. I couldn't wait, and tasted the Orange Sesame Tempeh...its really good!!! I'll be doing lots of that.

Roger?????? what makes you think I can see you? LOL! You could dye your hair like a rainbow and I'd not know it!

Lets see if I can get my refrig photo on this post...if not there I'll try again tomorrow when I'm not so tired.
  • parityanimal
    67 86 20. Y'all know what the numbers mean. LOL. Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

I've been up for a while but Lilo did graciously(?) let me sleep in after I let her out of the bedroom at about 6:00.

Finally she did make me get up. I had my free Hormel Completes Spaghetti with meat sauce for breakfast along with a very small piece of the chocolate birthday cake I baked last night.

Today is J's birthday. Yesterday, being my birthday, I pretty much ate what I wanted, within reason. We went out to Cheeseburger Bobby's for dinner and I had a bacon cheeseburger with fries, and unsweet tea to drink. After we got home I made the cake and then we watched TV until the cake was cool enough to frost, at which time we had cake.

Then I made myself a martini for a nightcap and got to bed shortly after midnight. So I needed to sleep in a little bit this morning! Lilo let me have until about 7:00 and then it was time to get up!

I've eaten, the cats were just fed, and the dishwasher has been emptied and the sink cleared into it. I'm finally sipping my first mug of tea!

Not sure what I have on the agenda for today. Perhaps as little as possible.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...